Close
Photo

The Great Naruto Discussion Thread

naruto wtf discuss

• Please log in to reply
31571 replies to this topic

#28401 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:46 PM

Tsuki, I did like Guys line to Lee about running into the setting sun but not messing up his hair. ^_^ It basically tells you the kind of person Might Guy is as a person and how he can be such a goof too. But thats just my opinion.

Edited by Bryon_Konoha_Ninja, 15 January 2020 - 05:46 PM.

#28402 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 06:54 PM

Tsuki, I did like Guys line to Lee about running into the setting sun but not messing up his hair. ^_^ It basically tells you the kind of person Might Guy is as a person and how he can be such a goof too. But thats just my opinion.

I'm sorry Bryon but I can't even see how that line is funny either. Like... I'll save being long winded (what a surprise!) but in writing you can usually class humor into either dark humor or neutral humor... Or alternatively you could class it as you're either being asked to laugh AT a character or what amounts to WITH them. We can't laugh AT Lee/Gai in that scene because of the (effectively) heartwarming way that it's presented, which you point out. But it's very hard to laugh WITH them because they were just introduced and we don't even KNOW them yet. It might SEEM like an amusing line in retrospect but I REALLY doubt many people laughed at it.

But then again I didn't even read that part of the article, so maybe our clearly neutral and unbiased author pointed out some previously unforeseen and HILARIOUS aspect of it!

#28403 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 15 January 2020 - 08:00 PM

I stopped at number 9.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#28404 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:04 AM

I stopped at number 9.

That might have been what I meant if it's the one of Sakura telling Naruto she loves him. But that whole list can kitten right off!!

#28405 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 January 2020 - 03:31 AM

That might have been what I meant if it's the one of Sakura telling Naruto she loves him. But that whole list can kitten right off!!

Agreed that isn't a funny moment and seems like they don't think Sakura can change.

#28406 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 04:50 AM

Agreed that isn't a funny moment and seems like they don't think Sakura can change.

It's honestly if anything the least funny moment. It's simply AWKWARD and in retrospect it's kittening soul-crushing (from the perspective of the characters, not even mine)

#28407 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:37 AM

It's honestly if anything the least funny moment. It's simply AWKWARD and in retrospect it's kittening soul-crushing (from the perspective of the characters, not even mine)

And it also shows how Sakura is a terrible woman and now Naruto would go on to be Nardo and to be the biggest scumbag as Japanese fans began to call him after the truth of "The Last" came out.

#28408 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, Naruto, Bleach,,RWBY, Fairy Tail, Kill la Kill. Dragon Ball Series, Attack on Titan, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, The Last of Us, Hellsing, Yu-Gi-oh, Digimon, Rave Master, The Middle-Earth Saga, Star Wars, Marvel Comics, MCU, Superman, Batman, DC Comics, Metal Gear Series, Transformers Series, Devil May Cry, Bioshock Series, One Piece, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusko, Soul Eater.

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:57 AM

And it also shows how Sakura is a terrible woman and now Naruto would go on to be Nardo and to be the biggest scumbag as Japanese fans began to call him after the truth of "The Last" came out.

Though it made us realize Naruto is also a liar to with the last.

#28409 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 02:45 PM

Really he actually said that I need to know if that's true.

Oh Yeah. 2014 Kobyashi interview
"Hinata didn’t have as many appearances as Sakura, but had a better reception (popularity)."

He said something like this in at least 3 interviews, but we know that Kishimoto wasn't really paying attention to anything the fans were saying. He didn't really care about the romance plots and had other people write those for him.

He even said that he still doesn't understand why Hinata is so popular despite not really caring about her at all, doing nothing, and having less appearances.

So question did kishi have any involvement in the last production like did he help work on it at all.

I don't know if this answers the question at all, but...this was in an interview with 2015 interview with Cinema Today

Q: So you left it up to the characters.

Kishimoto: In the same way that the beginning of romance is not very conscious, you might say it was not very conscious for me. I’m embarrassed to write it, so in truth, there were parts that I didn’t want to write (laughs). In “The Last -Naruto the Movie-” Naruto’s romance was written, so I was happy that the parts that I myself could not write could be seen in the movie."

So when it came to the NarutoHinata romance...Kishimoto did not write them at least.

To me, it really does seem that the only thing Kishimoto cared about was the Sasuke and Naruto broship than anything else and he had everyone else make the romance subplot

Edited by James S Cassidy, 16 January 2020 - 02:50 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#28410 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:24 PM

"Hinata didn’t have as many appearances as Sakura, but had a better reception (popularity)."
He said something like this in at least 3 interviews, but we know that Kishimoto wasn't really paying attention to anything the fans were saying. He didn't really care about the romance plots and had other people write those for him.
He even said that he still doesn't understand why Hinata is so popular despite not really caring about her at all, doing nothing, and having less appearances.

I don't know if this answers the question at all, but...this was in an interview with 2015 interview with Cinema TodayQ: So you left it up to the characters.Kishimoto: In the same way that the beginning of romance is not very conscious, you might say it was not very conscious for me. I’m embarrassed to write it, so in truth, there were parts that I didn’t want to write (laughs). In “The Last -Naruto the Movie-” Naruto’s romance was written, so I was happy that the parts that I myself could not write could be seen in the movie."
So when it came to the NarutoHinata romance...Kishimoto did not write them at least.
To me, it really does seem that the only thing Kishimoto cared about was the Sasuke and Naruto broship than anything else and he had everyone else make the romance subplot

Really he did say that in the wake of the ending are you kittening kidding. I can't I don't what so not even the writer himself knows the reason which makes the ending even worse.
But I'm asking if he actually helped with anything major like writing or directing, cause i
I doubt that was like John carpenter being a producer or helping music on Halloween 2018 and he was the one that said every movie past Halloween 1 was not canon anymore.

#28411 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:44 AM

I jut found out that Christopher Tolkien has passed away I mean he honoured his fathers legacy of Middle-Earth better than whats happened in Naruto.

So yeah, today we lost a great man that understood the world that his father JRR Tolkien created.

#28412 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:03 AM

I jut found out that Christopher Tolkien has passed away I mean he honoured his fathers legacy of Middle-Earth better than whats happened in Naruto.
So yeah, today we lost a great man that understood the world that his father JRR Tolkien created.

Tragic loss
Oh I read your sexy justu nights wow it was good and all narusaku very little hinata as it should be.

#28413 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:15 AM

Most likely. XD

Apparently January is a drought-month for advertising money. Since they spent it all on the holidays. So, some random jackass was probably told to make a Naruto top ten list for clicks.

Literally none of these lines are funny.

Naruto calling zestu "Aloe vera" was funny.

Judging by the fact that the number 1 (I think I'm not going back and reading the article again) was Jiraiya saying he is a big pervert. Its not really funny lines as much as it is...what would one call it meme-able. Less that's actually funny line as much as it is hey this was a famous line from Naruto that was some what wacky -except for Number 9-.

I'm guessing that this was a thing the writer knew was a dig that would make their readers, nH fans, happy and hopefully spread it around for a few clicks.

It is only funny from a perspective of an utter kitten.

From most peoples' perspective the scene should come off as: This is a scene that is a reaction of the earlier scene with Sai. Sakura is feeling immense guilt from thew knowledge that Naruto has been running himself ragged trying to fulfill a promise he made to her years ago. So by confessing she is trying to pay him back for what he has done for her as well as release him from the promise. It just screwed up by Naruto doubting she could stop loving Sasuke -because Sakura loves Sasuke and not him was a fact in his mind-, and her own mixed feeling between the two boys; waning feeling for one growing for another.

To them its: Ha Ha. Look at that filthy slut trying to seduce the man who is rightfully mine. Who is destine to be mine. Who exist to only love me. Its amusing that such a worthless creature could ever considered herself worthy of what is mine. It is so pathetic, that its comical.

So question did kishi have any involvement in the last production like did he help work on it at all.

From what I recall; barely involved. During pre-production his only request was that Naruto remain the main character, and when he got the script he put a bunch of red line through some of the dialogue. But beyond that? The Last is SP's doing.

#28414 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:48 AM

From most peoples' perspective the scene should come off as: This is a scene that is a reaction of the earlier scene with Sai. Sakura is feeling immense guilt from thew knowledge that Naruto has been running himself ragged trying to fulfill a promise he made to her years ago. So by confessing she is trying to pay him back for what he has done for her as well as release him from the promise. It just screwed up by Naruto doubting she could stop loving Sasuke -because Sakura loves Sasuke and not him was a fact in his mind-, and her own mixed feeling between the two boys; waning feeling for one growing for another.

To them its: Ha Ha. Look at that filthy slut trying to seduce the man who is rightfully mine. Who is destine to be mine. Who exist to only love me. Its amusing that such a worthless creature could ever considered herself worthy of what is mine. It is so pathetic, that its comical.

Hahaha I did get all that, but I can still remember what it was like writing that overwrought essay disguised as a manga scene analysis thread... Trying to show more restraint these days (because I know nothing will change) but I can't help but relate to that sentiment massively in any case!

#28415 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:33 AM

Apparently January is a drought-month for advertising money. Since they spent it all on the holidays. So, some random jackass was probably told to make a Naruto top ten list for clicks.

Judging by the fact that the number 1 (I think I'm not going back and reading the article again) was Jiraiya saying he is a big pervert. Its not really funny lines as much as it is...what would one call it meme-able. Less that's actually funny line as much as it is hey this was a famous line from Naruto that was some what wacky -except for Number 9-.

I'm guessing that this was a thing the writer knew was a dig that would make their readers, nH fans, happy and hopefully spread it around for a few clicks.

From what I recall; barely involved. During pre-production his only request was that Naruto remain the main character, and when he got the script he put a bunch of red line through some of the dialogue. But beyond that? The Last is SP's doing.

Cause I question how it's canon if kishi had next to no involvement in the production of the movie. And Naruto is not the main character in the last he takes a back seat to hinata and does next to nothing in the movie.

#28416 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:57 PM

Cause I question how it's canon if kishi had next to no involvement in the production of the movie. And Naruto is not the main character in the last he takes a back seat to hinata and does next to nothing in the movie.

The light novels are considered canon too I assume. If Kishi says something is canon, then it is. It's his world and characters, so he decides what will be a part of it. Unfortunately.

#28417 VanitasDS76491

VanitasDS76491

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,246 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:23 PM

The light novels are considered canon too I assume. If Kishi says something is canon, then it is. It's his world and characters, so he decides what will be a part of it. Unfortunately.

I can buy some of the novels but the last ruined his canon more.

#28418 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 07:32 PM

I can buy some of the novels but the last ruined his canon more.

Tell me about it... and so did some of the light novels.

#28419 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 12:53 AM

He drew the covers for all of them. Not sure if he had any involvement in the content beyond that. For Boruto it is clear to me that he was giving them advice and ideas for the manga though. 

#28420 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:04 AM

I don't know if this answers the question at all, but...this was in an interview with 2015 interview with Cinema Today

Q: So you left it up to the characters.

Kishimoto: In the same way that the beginning of romance is not very conscious, you might say it was not very conscious for me. I’m embarrassed to write it, so in truth, there were parts that I didn’t want to write (laughs). In “The Last -Naruto the Movie-” Naruto’s romance was written, so I was happy that the parts that I myself could not write could be seen in the movie."

What a load of bunk. If that were the case he didn't leave it to he characters he left it to other writers. And BOY DID THEY *EFF* THAT UP for him. If it were up to the characters, several of them in universe were pushing for Naruto and Sakura, plus again Sakura has shown to be her "true self Around Naruto" which is typical romance writing in some stories, not to mention feeding him and hugging him in public (And for the "I lost count of how many times" Hinata could have been put in those moments instead) which again, in Japanese culture and customs are sign of romantic intimacy if the ones in question are not family, otherwise that is beyond embarrassing to do since as I learned even married couples are too shy to display open affection in front of others. Or is it even Naruto and Sakura's budding relationship was just "Yahagi telling him what to do"? I can't say, can anyone confirm that or am I off base? Because that is what it sounds like to me. If so, that makes it even more ironic how he's pushing for Hachimaru and Ann so hard in "Samurai 8"

Edited by Phantom_999, 18 January 2020 - 09:21 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users