Close
Photo

What are the chances of NS actually happening since the manga ends in four weeks?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

Poll: Chances of NS happening? (48 member(s) have cast votes)

Chances of NS happening?

1. Voted I'd say pretty high. I couldn't believe I spent X amount of years supporting this couple if it didn't happen! (20 votes [41.67%])

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

2. Voted High, but I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen (12 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

3. Average chance. No knowing with Kishi (7 votes [14.58%])

Percentage of vote: 14.58%

4. Kishi's messed up the story so badly, how can I even take a guess at this? (9 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

Vote

#41 BlazingDynamo

BlazingDynamo

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku playing video games watching Pokemon XY talking to other NS fans

Posted 17 October 2014 - 03:49 AM

I believe she came to understand that a while ago my friend. I hope she awakens her hidden love for Naruto is more like it. One more nudge and she will  :smile:

Well if Kakashi tells her something about Naruto.

#42 Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

Taking a look at all 3 pairings:

SasuSaku

NaruHina

NaruSaku

When developing a ship, there is always a consistent pattern the author follows while throwing scraps towards other ships that pick up steam to keep them guessing and interested. Whenever a NaruHina scene happaned, it was followed shortly after by a NaruSaku moment. The handholding moment was purely for chakra transfer and Naruto saying she was by his side the entire time was him referring to the moment Neji just died and he thought he was alone at that very moment, not knowing Hinata was there still supporting him. That right there I think was a good conclusion to NaruHina, as Hinata can finally stand next to him as his equal and support him in battle.

The girlfriend moment was for comic relief but still gave us brief insight into Naruto's feelings at that point in the story. We see right there he's still attracted to Sakura to some degree and the moment was also set up to also possibly hint at what the endgame might be. This was after the hand-holding moment as well. :)

Trying to dispute Naruto's love and relegate it to just a simple crush, but then sitting there and justifying why Sakura still loves Sasuke just further shows how bias people can be in the face of manga evidence. Find me ONE chapter which proves that Naruto is not in love with Sakura anymore. I'll concede once you find that one manga page where there is no dispute that Naruto is not in love with Sakura anymore.

Also, explain to me why it's wrong for Sakura to fall in love with Naruto, but it's perfectly fine for you to force Naruto and Sasuke to love girls they've been written to only care for on a platonic level. With manga clear manga evidence, find me the chapters and pages where Sasuke and Naruto showed genuine romantic love for Sakura/Hinata. What makes Sakura loving romantically genuine when he took off for 3 years without giving her a thought, nearly killed her twice and disregarded her when he was on his heel-face turn? Lastly, why is it that only Naruto's love has only been on a "crush" level while both girl's crushes developed into full on love despite not having screentime written where they got to know the boys on a personal level?

SasuSaku has always been about Sakura and her own insecurities (as shown by her hiding her true self around him and always feeling bad at stuff he says). She thought by pursuing and being acknowledged by the best ninja in class, she'll finally get her wish and it'd boost her confidence, but Sasuke has been a persistent negative character in her life. Her moving on romantically from Sasuke would be the perfect conclusion to her character, and all the moments (and confusion from things people like Sai and Obito said to her) will ultimately lead up to some revelation. The novel where the Kakashi of the story told her to think of what makes her most happy would be the best thing to happen to NaruSaku in a while, and it's very possible it'll happen within these weeks.

That is of course, assuming Kishimoto stays on that path.

So what chances does NS have of happening in the next 4 weeks? Well if what I said is all valid then it has a very good chance of having Sakura confirming the nature of her feelings for Naruto, with the rest being resolved in The Last. I personally don't think they give a crap much about shipping in the movies, as shippers make up a very small portion of that userbase. People care more about the action, not some crappy romantic subplot.

With the information and parallels provided, NaruSaku looks like the endgame pairing.

I hate that you took so much time to type this.. i've only been in this fandom for like 1 year and i'm already sick of people typing essay upon essay about the pairings if u wanna make an impact bring that to youtube not to a forum where we already have our minds made up on the right pairing. Btw you were talking about the parallel between ns and sk but u said kushina instead of karin LOL!

#43 Iwantbuns

Iwantbuns

Liana loves yellow o_o

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Location:What does that even mean? My 'location' changes all the time...
  • Interests:NaruSaku, SasuNaru, SasuHina, Sakura, Naruto, Hinata, Sasuke, Gaara, Itachi, Kakashi, Madara (especially when he's badass xD), Hashirama's laugh <3, forums, debating about random s**t, bananas, lemons, the color yellow, the number 29, people cheating on other people, people killing themselves, the power of bonds and s**t, anime, manga, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Bleach, Sailor Moon, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, Death Note, Yu-Gi-Oh, and much more, chibis, drawing, dogs, cats, frogs, angst, tragedy, fluff, music, punk rock, piano, dubstep, trance, Avril Lavigne, OneRepublic, Ed Sheeran, Paramore, monsters, zombies, vampires, demons, violence, sex, supernatural s**t, food, fat people, anorexic people, Dora the Explorer, and Barney the mother-effing dinosaur. :)

Posted 18 October 2014 - 03:35 AM

I hate that you took so much time to type this.. i've only been in this fandom for like 1 year and i'm already sick of people typing essay upon essay about the pairings if u wanna make an impact bring that to youtube not to a forum where we already have our minds made up on the right pairing. Btw you were talking about the parallel between ns and sk but u said kushina instead of karin LOL!

Why would anyone want to post an essay about their views on Youtube? Forums are the place to do it.

tumblr_inline_miqmooGYSM1qz4rgp.gif

Why do people NOT ship these two? I just don't get it.

Probably cause they hate Sakura. When she's probably the most developed female character in the whole show.

I respect Hinata, but Sakura deserves some too.

#44 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 18 October 2014 - 12:56 PM

@Tasumi:

Youtube is the worst place type essays about pairings. Best places would be forums or tumblr. 

Essays might seem like a waste of time some people, but sometimes other people need them. Essays about their OTP done by well-educated people might give them more hope or faith in their ship.

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#45 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

This is completely rude. If you don't like it, then don't read it. Every person here has the right to say what they feel believe — even you — however you don't have the right to put others down if you disagree.

If I see another post from you with this tone, you'll get a warn. Accumulate enough and you'll get a ban. You are new, so I'm explaining how things go down here. Before you post again, think about the attitude you are choosing to bring here.

#46 Tatsumi

Tatsumi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

This is completely rude. If you don't like it, then don't read it. Every person here has the right to say what they feel believe — even you — however you don't have the right to put others down if you disagree.

If I see another post from you with this tone, you'll get a warn. Accumulate enough and you'll get a ban. You are new, so I'm explaining how things go down here. Before you post again, think about the attitude you are choosing to bring here.

it's my opinion, i didn't mean to bring others down for it and valid points were said above i kinda sort don't know where i went with putting people down in my comment but yeah that wasn't the intention

#47 8Hogake

8Hogake

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

so do u want something like this happen

Naruto : sakura chan i love u. (Lover boy)
Sakura: but i still like sasuke (i ll be damned)
Sasuke: i told u i have no interest in u . So kitten off.(a creep)
Sakura: if that so why start it with me confessing me abouty fore head .
Sasuke: what the hell r u talking? (Confused) i never did that!!
Naruto: umm sakura chan . Actually i did the kittening transfermation jutsu and said all that.
Sakura: aww my hero. I love ya.

I would be more like this:

Naruto : sakura chan i love u. (Lover boy)
Sakura: but i still like sasuke (i ll be damned)
Sasuke: i told u i have no interest in u . So kitten off.(a creep)

Sakura: if that so why start it with me confessing me abouty fore head .
Sasuke: what the hell r u talking? (Confused) i never did that!!

Naruto: umm sakura chan . Actually i did the kittening transfermation jutsu and said all that.

Sakura hits Naruto for messing with her feelings and she runs to Ino.

Back with Sasuke and Naruto.

Sasuke: I always wondered why did you tied me up and transformed into me.

Naruto:  Before that She refused to talk to me. So.

Back with Sakura and Ino-Shika-Cho Trio.

Shikamaru  told Ino and Sakura what he guess that Naruto already beated Sasuke and the second Sasuke was the real Sasuke.

Chouji just nodded and eats his chip or whatever he eats.  That's why Sasuke is obessed with beating Naruto.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users