178 replies to this topic

#21 Sakura Paradise

Sakura Paradise

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 04:15 AM

Oh my gosh, what a massive amount of evidence! -wipes tear- Beautiful. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I pity the fool that would try to argue against that! Eh, but I would admire the guts. I love Salad! And green tea! Just as much as I love NaruSaku! Oh... Chocolate is tempting, but eat too much of it and you get all fatty and pimply. Eat too much salad and... Well, you might lose interest in salad for awhile but UNLIKELY! I agree with the whole, slow process relationship. I grew tired and bored of the 'instant relationships' we get so much of. I mean, isn't everything in our lives already instant? Instant coffee, instant tea, instant meals, insalnt beauty, instant weight loss, you name it. So much that it because so much less satisfying then the actual work and time spent in your daily life, that when you get that final finished product it feels so much more better.

As for the passion... THAT can happen later. When from compassion/companionship comes forth passion, it's all the more better. xD Hmm... Me wonders... -drifts off-

.:AHEM:. Once again, simply beautiful. You deserve so much praise and give yourself a nice pat on the back! ^.^ 10/10 stars!
Isn't Naruto just the CUTEST thang you've ever seen?

#22 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:06 AM

Oh and by media you mean the animated pics right?

I mean All the pics. XD Ah well.

oh and do you believe that if given proper development, Naruto and Sakura will achieve consummate love?

Of course. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. They're just 15 now, they can get kinky later. >_> dry.gif ^__^

Are you on a debate team or something? In any case, good job!

I'm one of those known in the NaruSaku fandom as a NSLAP-er: NaruSaku Long-Ass Poster. We're a friendly group at the forefront of NaruSaku debates. =D

I'm only second generation though: although I've started examining NaruSaku before the timeskip, it was the first chapters into the timeskip that "sealed" it for me. But I've made up for lost time since. =D

Most essays are " SasuSaku sucks, I like NaruSaku FIN".

Ah um... yeah. Well, I'd have contributed more the to "I love NaruSaku and this is why OMG! =D " discussions over the past half year if it weren't for the fact that everything went straight into the manifesto instead, so I couldn't say too much. Ah well, I hope this makes up for it. =D

P.S.- I LURVED that part where it said something like, "If other pairings are chocolate, then NaruSaku is a nice fresh salad."

I love Salad! And green tea! Just as much as I love NaruSaku! Oh... Chocolate is tempting, but eat too much of it and you get all fatty and pimply.

Huh! I'm glad you liked it, because I loved that part too! Too much chocolate = ugh. Just some nice fresh salad to keep you nice and healthy. And that healthy feeling beats any of the temporary satisfaction of eating too much sweets (and getting unhealthy because of those). =D

I mean, isn't everything in our lives already instant? Instant coffee, instant tea, instant meals, insalnt beauty, instant weight loss, you name it. So much that it because so much less satisfying then the actual work and time spent in your daily life, that when you get that final finished product it feels so much more better.

Good point! Instant gratification is overrated. Patient development for the win! =D

The responses I've been getting are so nice. Everybody loves a different aspect of NaruSaku! It's just so lovely! =D

#23 Pite

Pite

I'm a cat with glasses and a piece of chalk in my hand!

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Too long to write about.

Posted 11 November 2006 - 10:28 AM

The best manifesto i ever read in my entire life...
The meaning of life is to find your own meaning of life.

#24 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 03:32 PM

Best. Manifesto. Ever. Took me about 22 minutes to read it all! happy.gif

#25 Nasir

Nasir

Who dare makes my ebony haired goddess upset??

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 03:36 PM

simply beautiful!!! you brought up points that ive never even thought about before!!! thanks for giving me more things i can debate with!!!

#26 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 05:28 PM

This is just... OMG.... awesome... everyone should read it... what you said, that's just what every NaruSaku supporter is thinking. I really don't understand the NaruHinas or SasuSakus....

#27 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the comments guys! =D

I really don't understand the NaruHinas or SasuSakus....

*shrugs* Fresh salad vs cheesecake and bittersweet chocolates.

#28 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 11 November 2006 - 06:54 PM

Great work, Mizura! I got through it and I got to say I'm blown away!
I remember reading a few of the scenes in the manga and not paying it much heed, but you certainly put them under a different light for me! And I particularly liked how you stressed the importance of a lasting relationship, rather than one that comes about from an instance.
Kudos on catching the underlining possibilities of the 'I'll protect you' line too! It's something I've never quite put a finger on but have always taken for granted!

I'm surprised about one thing though. You briefly brought up the parallel similarities between Team 7 and the Sannin in their youth, but (and unless I missed it) I don't think you brought up the Legend of the Gallant Jiraiya (a discussion brought up on H&E here).
The reason that I'm bringing it up, is that perhaps it might've been beneficial to have a small section dedicated to the speculation of some possible inspirational areas of Kishimoto's series.
Yes, Tsunade doesn't appear to have had a relationship beyond platonic comraderie for Orochimaru, but I meant the little things like the legend stating how Tsunade and Jiraiya being married.
Not enough of a grounding to bring out, I suppose?

Anyway, once again, great job on it! :thumbs: Effective choices on the media work as well! tongue.gif
(Animated gifs kind of choked my 56k, but that's certainly my fault. ^^; )

#29 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 November 2006 - 02:36 AM

I'm new here so I will leave a comment:

OMFG!!

Best essay I had ever read!!!
I read this about 2 days ago and I was amazed.

Great and excellent job!! th_glomp.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#30 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:53 PM

Great Essay Mizura-san! Keep Up the Good Work!

#31 want narusaku time leap!

want narusaku time leap!

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 03:55 AM

i liked that a lot it was very interesting made me ant to read more smile.gif

#32 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 04:46 AM

Thank you thank you all. ^^

i liked that a lot it was very interesting made me ant to read more smile.gif

You're kidding right? :blink:

I'm surprised about one thing though. You briefly brought up the parallel similarities between Team 7 and the Sannin in their youth, but (and unless I missed it) I don't think you brought up the Legend of the Gallant Jiraiya

I forgot about that. ^^; Oh well... I'm too lazy to edit. XP

#33 ia3

ia3

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:26 AM

Wow. All i can think of right now(obviously, besides NaruSaku and when it's gonna happen tongue.gif). I'm amazed and blown away by the amount of effort you put into this.

Loved it, and i really agree on the point you made about NaruSaku being natural(Inner Sakura coming forth etc), which is one of my main beliefs about the pairing in the first place.

I will probably save the manifesto as a fave, and link it whenever someone asks me why i like NaruSaku XD, and be like.."I agree with her(i think..no offence if you're a guy)..totally."

To disgrace oneself is something a samurai should never do.

#34 gamerman_007

gamerman_007

Shodaime Smexkage

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Females, Internet/computers B(o)(o)bs.

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:28 AM

Something I just realized:

I was looking at the pic of Sakura hugging Sasuke, back in the Forest of Death, and I noticed, she wasn't hugging him. It looked more like she was restraining him. Totally random thought.

Oh and MIZURA FTMFW!!!!! a_dance.gif

Bunny: Sasuke, join me.
Sasuke: What will I receive if I join you?
Bunny: POWER! UNLIMITED POWER!
Sasuke: Sweet! what do I do?
Orochimaru: Sssssssssssssaaaaaaasssssssssukkkkkkeeeeeee-kkkuuuuuunnnn!
Sasuke: oh f***

Sono nantomo ienai sekushii na oshiri wo ore no kokan ni okittensukete rizumu ni awasete kosurinasai = Back that ass up. :D

#35 PhantomNinja

PhantomNinja

Crazy little brunette

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:drawing, reading, writting, cooking... (i have a lot of 'ings')

Posted 18 November 2006 - 08:30 PM

Mizura, that was the most amazing thing I have ever read. Ever. XD If that doesn't convince any other shippers, then they're seriously defective of the brain/incredibily stubborn/shippertards.

#36 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:00 AM

Yes, I'm a girl. tongue.gif

And the manifesto doesn't Have to convince those who hate NaruSaku to like it or to believe in it.

But that's okay as long as it gets existing NaruSaku fans to love the pairing even more and open-minded neutrals to join into the fandom. wink.gif

#37 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 21 November 2006 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (Mizura @ Nov 9 2006, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've finally received permission from ship-manifesto to post it!

So ladies and gentlemen:
- over 30,000 words
- 50,000 if you count the Why I favour NaruSaku over SasuSaku ghost annexe
- representing a collective NSLAP experience over nearly 2 years
- the essay itself requiring over half a year for completion (work began in February 2006)
- dozens of quoted scenes
- um... a Lot of images, including gifs sequences

All of which to present NaruSaku, not as one concept, but the combination of many. Not as one scene, but a continuity, an ongoing development. Putting forward just about every aspect: its development, its natural, its psychology. Also answering some frequent arguments.

I bring you, my greatest essay to date, in content, organization or presentation:

To give you an idea, this is the index:

~ NaruSaku Manifesto Part 1: Don't worry, because I'm here ~

Presentation of the characters

I. Naruto.
I.1. Enter Naruto, the troublemaker!
I.2. A child plagued with a heavy burden, and trying desperately to find acknowledgement.

II. Haruno Sakura
II.1. Strong, understanding, perfect... ah who am I kidding. Enter Sakura: shallow, naive and presumptuous. And rather useless.
II.2. Sakura, a normal child, who through events far beyond her... was forced to grow up.

Manga part I: You don't have to notice me, but I'm right here

I. Naruto to Sakura: From a crush (although not unfounded) to selfless devotion
I.1. The comedic crush! And the very bad start.
I.2. The fairytale, and the realization of why he truly liked her
I.3. Go Sakura! Cheering on the girl he put his faith into.
I.4. As the difficulties arise again... Naruto shows his true devotion
I.5. A glimpse at maturity: selflessness, at the cost of his own happiness...

II. Sakura to Naruto: from rejection based on misunderstanding, to gradual acknowledgement and... trust
II.1. The original misunderstanding, and the shallow start
II.2. From slow acceptance, to acknowledgement of Naruto's spirit
II.3. The beginnings of companionship: this time, cheering each other on
II.4. And gradually... a developing fondness, and contemplation
II.5. As things degrade, the beginning of trust

III. The promise of a lifetime, and the promise to go together!
III.1. The promise of a lifetime
III.2. Naruto vs Sasuke: a battle between brothers...
III.3. The promise to go together!

Conclusion of part 1

~ NaruSaku Manifesto Part 2 - I'm here too, we'll become stronger together! ~

Part 2: Free of prejudices, now it all begins! A new understanding, but also new difficulties.

I. NaruSaku in times of peace: Underneath the fireworks, a "shining young girl's heart"!
I.1. Let's start with the fireworks! "Monster strength" vs "You bastard! You still don't understand a woman's feelings!"
I.2. Underneath the fireworks: genuine comraderie!
I.3. Underneath the underneath: genuine fondness for one another
I.4. And maybe a bit of tenderness
I.5. Mutual admiration and respect: Heaven and Earth! A relationship between equals!

II. The difficulties begin... NaruSaku in times of need: finding in each other the will to move forward
II.1. Sakura lives up to her end of the relationship: this time, I'll be the one to protect them!
II.2. Care for each other's feelings... but also fear of hurting the other
II.3. To overcome these times of difficulties: drawing strength from each other

The next step, and the conclusion of part 2: out of the cyclical, into the mutual

Foreword to the pairing study: does Naruto "Deserve" Sakura?

~ NaruSaku Manifesto Part 3: Why NaruSaku? Because being there for each other is the greates gift of all ~

I. NaruSaku, and their influence on each other: always aiming higher
I.1. Matching strength with strength: doing the best for each other!
I.2. Matching weakness with strength: the power to never fall into despair!
I.3. The result of this influence: equals, companions

II. NaruSaku, the "couple"!
II.1. NaruSaku, the "natural" pair! Natural selves, Natural interactions, and Natural "attraction"
II.2. Naruto and Sakura: they haven't changed, but they've grown!
II.3. Underneath the underneath: a relationship that has grown as well!

III. A walk in the park! An ongoing journey, a mere work in progress
III.1. The gradual development: never huge steps, never intrusive, just slow foundations being built up
III.2. In the end, a slow, ongoing development, but one I feel is more complete as a result: a build-up without "shortcuts"
III.3. This is why I enjoy being a NaruSaku fan: watching a relaxing process unfold

IV. The psychology behind NaruSaku!
IV.1. Because similars attract. And interact. And build happy relationships
IV.2. A gradually developing intimacy: not eye to eye yet perhaps, but each feeling for the other
IV.3. NaruSaku, a companionate love

Conclusion!

~ Epilogue: The NaruSaku Manifesto Annex ~

I. NaruSaku Fandom Recommendations!
I.1. NaruSaku communities and general resources!
I.2. NaruSaku Fanart Recommendations!
I.3. Fanfic Recommendations

II. Silly annex: NaruSaku as a married couple?
II.1. The Hokage and the First Lady!
II.2. NaruSaku as a couple at home: the Yoshino of the Uzumaki household!
II.3. An incredibly well-rounded and powerful shinobi: NaruSaku kids!

III. Answers to frequent common arguments for and against NaruSaku

IV. Final words and thanks!

Comments to the manifesto go to the first post there. Enjoy! :thumbs:

That was very good and I'm was very impress by your long essay of the NS manifesto. So far yours is the best one I've read so far Mizura. We could really use debators like on you on SSvs.NS Just go either yahoo or google and type up sasusaku vs. narusaku and its there or find IchaIcha's profile since the site is there too. I recommend you should though its little dead since there's work and school and we don't have any new evidence for SS or NS. Whenever I have the chance I'll post your essay on there and see what the others would say it will be so much fun! So do join ok! th_glomp.gif
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#38 Mizura

Mizura

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:28 AM

That was very good

Thank you. ^__^

We could really use debators like on you on SSvs.NS

No way. I've dedicated enough time to debating as is. mad.gif

This manifesto, I remind you, is for NaruSaku fans and for people open to NaruSaku. Not to convince a few die-hard individuals who have their own preferences and would likely not change them just because you have your own preferences.

#39 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (Mizura @ Nov 11 2006, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the comments guys! =D

I really don't understand the NaruHinas or SasuSakus....

*shrugs* Fresh salad vs cheesecake and bittersweet chocolates.

Salad? Pff, NaruSaku is more like a banana split with a cherry on top ;D.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#40 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 21 November 2006 - 08:01 AM

Too lazy to edit? Fair enough!
It's already really impressive as it is! wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users