62 replies to this topic

#21 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Wow...less than a week has passed in the war, and it's been two+ years since Sakura's confession? I'm sorry, but this isn't very realistic. From the very little chapters I've read in the past, WAY too much has happened for less than a couple of weeks.

#22 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

If you read all the chapters and realize how events relate to others, you will realize in their world much time hasn't passed at all.

Posted Image

Sig made by me though. XD

Check out my father and son Minato and Naruto group on FF.net
http://www.fanfictio..._No_Yaoi/74936/

#23 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jan 13 2013, 08:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you read all the chapters and realize how events relate to others, you will realize in their world much time hasn't passed at all.

Does anyone think Kishi could be rushing the story? There's rumors that he wants to start another series. If that's the case...it's kinda, sorta, somewhat understandable. But Even so, that's WAY too much detail in just seven days.

#24 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

QUOTE (Dalton (I stink at names) @ Jan 13 2013, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone think Kishi could be rushing the story? There's rumors that he wants to start another series. If that's the case...it's kinda, sorta, somewhat understandable. But Even so, that's WAY too much detail in just seven days.

I don't know about rushing, but I don't blame him to rush this one because there are way too much to cover. Imagine he actually stay and work on 7 swordsman, or any other battle that got off-screen. We'll be here all day. That said he does have another series in mind, but I think he wants to first finish this, rest with his family, and then come back to work on a new manga. If you ask me, I want this to end quick so we get the real deal.

#25 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Jan 13 2013, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about rushing, but I don't blame him to rush this one because there are way too much to cover. Imagine he actually stay and work on 7 swordsman, or any other battle that got off-screen. We'll be here all day. That said he does have another series in mind, but I think he wants to first finish this, rest with his family, and then come back to work on a new manga. If you ask me, I want this to end quick so we get the real deal.

No kidding, even though I've practically dropped Naruto, I want to see how it ends after spending my life watching and reading it. I don't care which fanbase wins, I just wanna be able to say I finished one anime series.

#26 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

I think this is the opposite of rushing, stuffing so much stuff into 1 day. He's making time pass by so slowly that so much stuff can happen in 1 day. I guess skipping some things like the Chiyo battle and whatnot could be classified as rushing and not taking too much time to fill in those details, but going over all those battles (which would also all be 1 day :/) Would take years.

Posted Image

#27 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (Dalton (I stink at names) @ Jan 13 2013, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No kidding, even though I've practically dropped Naruto, I want to see how it ends after spending my life watching and reading it. I don't care which fanbase wins, I just wanna be able to say I finished one anime series.

Well I meant the arc that we are in. Because well, this is NH last stand and it can either win it or lose it. I don't mind watching more of Naruto as long as it's still interesting to me. I'm only hoping he really didn't say screw this because it will be the first.

#28 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:57 AM

Well when you think about it, kishi has spent over 10 years in this series, yet the content has only covered naruto's 13 year old year and naruto's 16 year old year, so he's spent 10 years talking about two years, really does mess with your mind.

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#29 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Yeah. For us, these events feel like an eternity.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#30 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (Dalton (I stink at names) @ Jan 13 2013, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rushing? More like drawing it out. Think about how long it takes him just to get through one scene. He pays very close attention to detail, so it takes longer for him to complete each arc, hence the large amount of events occurring in such a short amount of time in the Naruto Universe. He's invested two years into the war arc alone, and yet everything that's transpired so far has taken a matter of days in the Naruto Universe.

I think he put a bit too much on his plate, to be honest. He's revived Orochimaru, made yet another sub-plot for Sasuke, brought forth the Jyuubi (which hasn't even reached a final form), revived Madara (temporarily for now), mentioned making Madara the Jinchuriki for the Jyuubi, and revealed Obito (with his complex back story involving Kakashi that needs to be resolved). These are all just sub-plots for the villains that need to be dealt with. Nevermind the handful of extra characters he created that come from the other nations, the back stories he decided to give them, the sub-plots revolving around the K10, what happened to Yamato, what's going on with the Kages, Kakashi, Sakura, Naruto, the main plot which is still saving Sasuke... That's an awful lot of stuff to jam into one series. It's no wonder it's taken him two years just to get to where he is in this arc.

While it may seem like he's rushing because of all of the things he keeps throwing at us, he's also being very slow about getting everything delivered and concluded. For example, Obito's flashback. That alone took up, what, three chapters? Nevermind all of the chapters dedicated to this battle and how much longer it will take to reach the conclusion of his sub-plot. I appreciate that kind of writing though. It means that Kishimoto cares about the series and wants to take his time with it. I doubt he'll have it finished by 2014 unless he plans on leaving a bunch of plot holes but I don't mind that as long as he keeps writing with care. He's dished out all of these extra events for the series, so he needs to develop and conclude them properly. smile.gif

#31 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Jan 14 2013, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rushing? More like drawing it out. Think about how long it takes him just to get through one scene. He pays very close attention to detail, so it takes longer for him to complete each arc, hence the large amount of events occurring in such a short amount of time in the Naruto Universe. He's invested two years into the war arc alone, and yet everything that's transpired so far has taken a matter of days in the Naruto Universe.

I think he put a bit too much on his plate, to be honest. He's revived Orochimaru, made yet another sub-plot for Sasuke, brought forth the Jyuubi (which hasn't even reached a final form), revived Madara (temporarily for now), mentioned making Madara the Jinchuriki for the Jyuubi, and revealed Obito (with his complex back story involving Kakashi that needs to be resolved). These are all just sub-plots for the villains that need to be dealt with. Nevermind the handful of extra characters he created that come from the other nations, the back stories he decided to give them, the sub-plots revolving around the K10, what happened to Yamato, what's going on with the Kages, Kakashi, Sakura, Naruto, the main plot which is still saving Sasuke... That's an awful lot of stuff to jam into one series. It's no wonder it's taken him two years just to get to where he is in this arc.

While it may seem like he's rushing because of all of the things he keeps throwing at us, he's also being very slow about getting everything delivered and concluded. For example, Obito's flashback. That alone took up, what, three chapters? Nevermind all of the chapters dedicated to this battle and how much longer it will take to reach the conclusion of his sub-plot. I appreciate that kind of writing though. It means that Kishimoto cares about the series and wants to take his time with it. I doubt he'll have it finished by 2014 unless he plans on leaving a bunch of plot holes but I don't mind that as long as he keeps writing with care. He's dished out all of these extra events for the series, so he needs to develop and conclude them properly. smile.gif

This.

He did say in the interview that he knows the ending and everything, but the problem is that he created too many details in the story that he has the need to fill in the hole before closing it. That's why he is taking too long and always change his mind on when it's going to end. It would seem that we are now finally getting to the end of K11. Then, we may get Orochimaru's beginning since that's always been vague. We know that he betrayed Konoha, but where does he recruit Team Taka people, or how he turned bad in the first place. Basically, we are clearing K11 and other guys from this arc.

#32 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

To be honest, I doubt he'll finish by 2014. There are still many things to take care of...And now that I think of it, if it took him like 1,2 years to show Kakashi's year, I doubt that after Kakashi, Sakura's alone arc, or well, more like centered on her will come...seeing all these details. sad.gif

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#33 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests in life and reading manga happens to be one of them. My favorite pairing is definitely NaruSaku.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (Chatte @ Jan 14 2013, 04:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To be honest, I doubt he'll finish by 2014. There are still many things to take care of...And now that I think of it, if it took him like 1,2 years to show Kakashi's year, I doubt that after Kakashi, Sakura's alone arc, or well, more like centered on her will come...seeing all these details. sad.gif

Unfortunately, you might be right. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason behind Sakura being so underdeveloped compared to Naruto and Sasuke. He's added so many other detailed characters and sub-plots to his story that need immediate resolving. He may be sacrificing Sakura's development for the sake of completing it all... Let's face it. While Sakura is a main character, developing her isn't a priority to the story. He can easily push her to the side in order to focus on other aspects of the series. It's terrible, but I believe that's what happened here. ermm.gif

#34 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Jan 14 2013, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfortunately, you might be right. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the reason behind Sakura being so underdeveloped compared to Naruto and Sasuke. He's added so many other detailed characters and sub-plots to his story that need immediate resolving. He may be sacrificing Sakura's development for the sake of completing it all... Let's face it. While Sakura is a main character, developing her isn't a priority to the story. He can easily push her to the side in order to focus on other aspects of the series. It's terrible, but I believe that's what happened here. ermm.gif

And for that, I truly dislike Kishi... dry.gif
Hell, Sakura has fans too, not only Naruto and Sasuke or Kakashi...

#35 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Jan 14 2013, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but I honestly think he's going to push the story in her direction in the end, garnering reader support for her struggles and ready sympathy for her unrequited love of Naruto. Especially if she believes from here on out that Naruto really likes Hinata, after Sakura has finally accepted that she truly loves him. Which is the way I think the story might be going.

Neji mentioned Hinata's devotion to Naruto. I'm sure other people see it too. So I could easily see that after this little skirmish is over and Sakura is healing people on the battlefield, she's going to hear lots of people lamenting the loss of Neji...and praising the work of Hinata in getting Naruto back on track. Looking forward, the troops that witnessed this display are going to believe that Naruto and Hinata are an item. And those that didn't see it will hear about it...and the straight hearsay is even worse: "Yeah, she held his cheek, looked in his eyes and talked to him. Then the next thing I knew they were standing and holding hands and he was saying 'Let's do this together!'" So, yeah....

I think the coming chapters are going showcase not only Sakura's strength in battle but also her resilience in the face of heartbreak. I think there are going to be signs and things reinforcing NH all around her — although not from Naruto himself — and she will have to fight on knowing that she still loves him, but perhaps she was just too late.

And this may be how Sakura is shown truly surpassing Tsunade, not by being super-powerful, but by staying and fighting through her pain instead of running away.

anyway...these are just thoughts.... srsly this chapter has got to come out soon. I need something new to obsess about! hahaha!

edit: y'now, and even though I think this way about the plot, in the next chapter Kishimoto may go a completely different direction and throw everything over.

#36 kirabook

kirabook

Examiner

• ANBU
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Whenever I make personal predictions, Kishi completely crushes them in that very chapter and makes said prediction nearly impossible or unwanted.

Posted Image

#37 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jan 14 2013, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whenever I make personal predictions, Kishi completely crushes them in that very chapter and makes said prediction nearly impossible or unwanted.

I'm wondering if my theories will come to surface... at least, a bit, something there...dunno.

#38 Slextrem

Slextrem

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (tricksie @ Jan 14 2013, 08:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, but I honestly think he's going to push the story in her direction in the end, garnering reader support for her struggles and ready sympathy for her unrequited love of Naruto. Especially if she believes from here on out that Naruto really likes Hinata, after Sakura has finally accepted that she truly loves him. Which is the way I think the story might be going.

I think the coming chapters are going showcase not only Sakura's strength in battle but also her resilience in the face of heartbreak. I think there are going to be signs and things reinforcing NH all around her — although not from Naruto himself — and she will have to fight on knowing that she still loves him, but perhaps she was just too late.

And this may be how Sakura is shown truly surpassing Tsunade, not by being super-powerful, but by staying and fighting through her pain instead of running away.

I would really like to see this, actually! That would be an excellent way to have Sakura realize her feelings for Naruto - maybe her reaction panel from 615 will lead to something like this? I had a similar thought but it focused on both Naruto and Sakura. I was picturing her healing and, as you said, feeling heartbreak at the realization that Naruto might have moved on from her, or being upset at how (seemingly) close Hinata is to Naruto now. Then we pan over to Naruto as one of the guys pat his back to congratulate him whilst teasing about Hinata. Kiba seems suitable, since he teased about Hinata in 611.

I can't decide if Naruto would have an initial outburst reaction out of embarrassment, if he would calmly scratch the back of his head and sweat.gif , or if he would brush off the comments all together... Either way, he would end up gazing over at Sakura, watching her work hard to heal everyone, and calmly say (or think), "No, Hinata is a nice girl, but..."

I think I'm mixing a bit of 457 in with this image. tongue.gif

I think this would be a great way to conclude NH. To me, it would be weird for Naruto to confront Hinata directly because this isn't a shoujo, and her role is so minor, it would just feel out of place. I would prefer for Kishimoto to do something like this instead, where we get confirmation from Naruto that he doesn't feel that way for Hinata, and it's implied that he still loves Sakura.

From there, I want Sakura to take action. Like you said, she could surpass Tsunade in that she wouldn't run away. I want to see her mull over Naruto loving Hinata, I want to see her show some fear in losing him, I want to see her determination to fight for him. It's absolutely perfect, in my mind at least. /)^ 3^(\

QUOTE (kirabook @ Jan 14 2013, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That happens to me as well. I don't call them predictions anymore - just wishful thinking. It makes me feel better when it doesn't happen. sweatdrop.gif
A girl can dream though, right? wub.gif

Edited by Slextrem, 14 January 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#39 PhenixElite

PhenixElite

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (Slextrem @ Jan 14 2013, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would really like to see this, actually! That would be an excellent way to have Sakura realize her feelings for Naruto - maybe her reaction panel from 615 will lead to something like this? I had a similar thought but it focused on both Naruto and Sakura. I was picturing her healing and, as you said, feeling heartbreak at the realization that Naruto might have moved on from her, or being upset at how (seemingly) close Hinata is to Naruto now. Then we pan over to Naruto as one of the guys pat his back to congratulate him whilst teasing about Hinata. Kiba seems suitable, since he teased about Hinata in 611.

I can't decide if Naruto would have an initial outburst reaction out of embarrassment, if he would calmly scratch the back of his head and sweat.gif , or if he would brush off the comments all together... Either way, he would end up gazing over at Sakura, watching her work hard to heal everyone, and calmly say (or think), "No, Hinata is a nice girl, but..."

I think I'm mixing a bit of 457 in with this image. tongue.gif

I think this would be a great way to conclude NH. To me, it would be weird for Naruto to confront Hinata directly because this isn't a shoujo, and her role is so minor, it would just feel out of place. I would prefer for Kishimoto to do something like this instead, where we get confirmation from Naruto that he doesn't feel that way for Hinata, and it's implied that he still loves Sakura.

From there, I want Sakura to take action. Like you said, she could surpass Tsunade in that she wouldn't run away. I want to see her mull over Naruto loving Hinata, I want to see her show some fear in losing him, I want to see her determination to fight for him. It's absolutely perfect, in my mind at least. /)^ 3^(\

That happens to me as well. I don't call them predictions anymore - just wishful thinking. It makes me feel better when it doesn't happen. sweatdrop.gif
A girl can dream though, right? wub.gif

Would love to see that. I hope this prediction comes true.

ada_wong_signature_by_valxy-d5m0oa1.png

#40 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Chatte and tricksie, I very much agree with you! ^-^

There is not much more to say, but all this makes sense when I think of databook 3(where she was confused), and the interview when Kishi said that Naruto is close to winning her heart. Since Sakura now seems very secure about who she loves, it is most likely Naruto, and he has probably already catched her heart. It also means she is no longer confused. : D - and that we've finally reached the point to Sakura's realization! smile.gif

I can't wait for a new databook, I hope it'll come out soon. :3

Edited by sushi., 14 January 2013 - 04:19 PM.

ナルサク

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users