• Interests:Stuff

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:08 AM

Is yours on the list?

#2 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:16 AM

STAR TREK! 8D

*Has been and will always been a Trekkie, ever since the old school classic days of Star Trek: The Next Generation :3 *

#3 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:23 AM

Added something else, reminds me of a twisted, Tim Burton LittleBigPlanet

#4 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:39 AM

There were a few on there. Watchmen, Star Trek, Transformers, maybe Avatar (even though I never got into the original series), maybe GI Joe: Rise of Cobra (this is the first I've heard about this movie, but considering the source material it could be either ghastly or very entertaining... or both, the way the last Transformers movie was), Night at the Museum (hopefully they won't ruin it), and... wait, Astro Boy wasn't on the list? :what:

I'm wondering just how bad Sherlock Holmes is going to be, considering how horribly miscast Robert Downey Jr. is in that role (yes, they both took drugs, but that's the end of all similarities between them, and I don't think ANYONE has the ability to re-make himself the way Downey will have to in order to play Sherlock).

Where the Wild Things Are MIGHT be interesting, but since I don't recall their being enough 'meat' to the original children's book to make a movie around, I gotta wonder what they're going to do with it.

I may have to see Land of the Lost, since I remember being a big fan when I was a kid growing up and it was on in syndication, but since it seems it's being given the Will Farrell treatment, my radar is giving me a BIG 'Don't Even Think About It! Stay Away!"

Also a bit surprised Dragonball wasn't on the list, even though I'm expecting it to bust -- it looks like it's being given the star treatment, however bad the trailer is making it look to fans of the original series, so I'd think it would factor in on a 'Most Anticipated Movies' list.

Interesting movie year this year, regardless. Not quite as good as last year was (IMO), perhaps, but it looks decent.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#5 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:12 AM

My Top 10 Most Anticipated Movies of 2009:

1.) Watchmen
2.) Star Trek
3.) Transformers: Rise Of The Fallen
4.) Up
5.) Inglorious Bastards
6.) Terminator Salvation
7.) Sherlock Holmes
8.) Avatar
9.) Dragon Ball
10.) Gi Joe: Rise Of Cobra

Some of them are filler since I'm not that knowledgeable about some of the movies coming out this year, oh and desaix this Avatar is not based upon Avatar: The Last Airbender, M Night Shyamalan is directing that.

Edited by UzumakiEdward85, 08 January 2009 - 07:16 AM.

uc.png

#6 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

Could someone list the movies in that link, since Yahoo and my computer doesn't get along for some reasons, so I can't see anything.

#7 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

OMG?!!!

Did I just see Land of the Lost aka the ABC Saturday morning show on the list? I haven't seen that show in YEARS!

Anyways, I want to see G.I. Joe, Harry Potter, X-Men: Wolverine Origins, Angels and Demons and The Princess and the Frog.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#8 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Jan 8 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could someone list the movies in that link, since Yahoo and my computer doesn't get along for some reasons, so I can't see anything.

In order:

Watchmen 3/6
Monsters Vs Aliens 3/27
Fast & Furious 4/3
X-Men Origins: Wolverine 5/1
Star Trek 5/8
Angels & Demons 5/15
Night at the museum: Battle of the Smithsonian 5/22
Terminator Salvation 5/2
Up 5/29
Land of the lost 6/5
Transformers: Revenge of the fallen 6/26
Ice Age: Dawn of the dinosaurs 7/1
Public Enemies 7/1
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 7/17
Funny People 7/31
G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra 8/7
Inglorious Basterds 8/21
Where the Wild things are 10/16
The Wolfman 11/6
Sherlock Holmes 11/20
Avatar(not the last airbender) 12/18
The princess and the frog 12/25

For me

1.Watchmen
2.Transformers
3.X-Men
4.Night at the Museum
5.Star trek
\

#9 Kirby

Kirby

Kirby ain't hungry right now.

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Manga, TV, Reading, Tromboning, Kirby (their vaccuum cleaners are AWESOME &lt;3

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:31 PM

Hm...Imma watch Harry Potter (I think this one'll be good coz it good delayed), Transformers (maybe...might not, coz of two younger bros). I might watch the balloon house thingy (if its any good). Might watch X-Men, and does Watchmen include Batman?
. Don't Press the red button

#10 emilykawaii123

emilykawaii123

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Theater, Dance, The Twilight Series, all things Japanese

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:39 PM

Another Night At the Museum? The first one was awkward enough....

#11 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

I'm not really into seeing Watchmen, but it might be interesting.

Fast & Furious, definitely.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine, definitely.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, definitely.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, if only because I've seen all the others so far. (I can officially say 'Emma Watson, mmmmm' and not feel like a pedo now)

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra looks interesting, if nothing else.

#12 Anewhope2

Anewhope2

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (desaix @ Jan 8 2009, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm wondering just how bad Sherlock Holmes is going to be, considering how horribly miscast Robert Downey Jr. is in that role (yes, they both took drugs, but that's the end of all similarities between them, and I don't think ANYONE has the ability to re-make himself the way Downey will have to in order to play Sherlock).

Jeez.. If I was the person who casts people into roles, The first person I'll ask to play as Holmes is..

Hugh Laurie

Because I watched some of his other roles, and he has a strong British accent, plus he looks a lot like Sherlock. Not to mention he's a great actor!

#13 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

Watchmen isn't related to Batman at all I think. I would watch Half-Blood Prince because the trailer looked good, but the fact that HarryxGinny occurs in that part of the series means I really won't.... Trust me, I'm that picky about pairings. I can't believe Avatar: The Last Airbender isn't in the list, maybe to soon to tell?

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 09 January 2009 - 12:19 AM.

#14 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Auni @ Jan 8 2009, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm...Imma watch Harry Potter (I think this one'll be good coz it good delayed), Transformers (maybe...might not, coz of two younger bros). I might watch the balloon house thingy (if its any good). Might watch X-Men, and does Watchmen include Batman?

nah, but at first glimpse in the trailer, its easy to mistake Nightowl for batman. But Watchmen doesn't take place in the same universe as Batman, Superman etc.
\

#15 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:32 AM

I am definitely looking forward to the new one by Pixar, their animations have always been good, even the money makers. I also am excited about Watchmen as a superhero/graphic novel fanatic myself along with perhaps some of the comedies such as Funny People since I think a lot of their stuff have been pretty funny. Either way it seems like we have quite the interesting lot this year.

Edited by psycho666, 09 January 2009 - 02:32 AM.

#16 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:51 AM

Judging by the name of the Transformers sequal, it's going to sound pretty lame, especially since how the first movie ended :\
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#17 Jwolf0

Jwolf0

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:Seasonal sports fan. Adept at pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. Sadly allows RL to interfere with gaming and anime stuffs.

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Anewhope2 @ Jan 8 2009, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jeez.. If I was the person who casts people into roles, The first person I'll ask to play as Holmes is..

Hugh Laurie

Because I watched some of his other roles, and he has a strong British accent, plus he looks a lot like Sherlock. Not to mention he's a great actor!

Um, that's because he actually IS British. Story is that David Shore didn't even realize that Hugh Laurie was British until after he was cast, his American accent was so good. I read somewhere that House and Wilson were supposed to have a Holmes/Watson feel to their relationship as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing him in that role, although I must admit I didn't think Robert Downey Jr. would do that well as Tony Stark (I was wrong there) so I'll give him a mulligan.

As for my short list of movies, Watchmen and probably the next HP movie. I liked 'Night at the Museum,' but I'm squeamish about seeing how they'll stretch another movie out of the premise.
QUOTE ("Down Goes Brown")
(For the younger readers, "HMV" and "Sam The Record Man" were record stores.)

(For the younger readers, a "record store" was a building that you had to go to when you wanted to buy music.)

(For the younger readers, "buying music" was the way we acquired it, since we couldn't just… you know what, let's just get back to the Bowen song. Stupid kids, you ruin everything.)

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Or Reaper! Or Zombie Killer... or something. Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN!

#18 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

Hee hee am I the only one looking forward to another installment of Ice Age? 121721.gif Ah well at least I know my beau will want to watch it with me! love.gif

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#19 Melancholy Vixen

Melancholy Vixen

I had a feeling

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP

Posted 09 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

For some reason I really want to see "Up."

And the Ice Age one. I love Ice Age. XD

sdkajfklsjakw AND TRANSFORMERS. But I don't think they could match the absolute awesomeness of the first movie.

#20 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:30 AM

Kinda excited for Transformers and Harry Potter, but I'm not a huge movie person, so I dunno when I'll see them... XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users