Street Fighter X Tekken/Tekken X Street Fighter

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:09 PM

XD

When I saw the teaser trailer on Kotaku, my first thought was; Yep, Derock's going to be happy.

Hmm, will your team be Chun-Li/Julia or Cammy/Julia? Or even Cammy/Chun-Li? The possibilities!

#42 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ May 27 2011, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
XD

When I saw the teaser trailer on Kotaku, my first thought was; Yep, Derock's going to be happy.

Hmm, will your team be Chun-Li/Julia or Cammy/Julia? Or even Cammy/Chun-Li? The possibilities!

Yes... all the possiblities! heheelq7.png Making wonders with certain characters that I mained. But first, I want to see how Julia fights in the gameplay videos in the next two weeks for E3.

Oh, I already did a Chun-Li/Cammy team for X-Men Vs. Street Fighter (arcade version, NOT the dreaded PS1 version sleep.gif )

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#43 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

Bumping.

The last character that was just announce today is Hworarang!! (Knew he was in the game)

So next week at E3, we will see gameplays of Cammy, Sagat, Julia and Hworarang against the others.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#44 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

UPDATE:

Gameplay Videos of Sagat, Hworarang and Cammy, nothing on Julia yet... : http://www.eventhubs...ootage-e3-2011/

More E3 gameplay:

More Cammy and Now some Julia Gameplay: http://www.eventhubs...meplay-footage/

Cole from the inFamous series is an exclusive guest fighter for PS3 and upcoming versions for those who didn't hear the recent news of E3.

E3 English trailer: With an upcoming female Tekken character about to confirm... guess who (and Codus N will love this! XD)

latest?cb=20140126021943

#45 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:02 AM

*whistles and waves* Hey, Derock!

You'll like these gameplay videos. wink.gif

All the Chun-Li and Cammy you can handle! --Click here to view--

Chun-Li/Cammy mirror match.

Chun-Li/Sagat vs. Chun-Li/Cammy

Chun-Li/Cammy vs. Abel/Hwoarang

#46 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

I want this game out nao!!!! wow.png

I don't care if the rest of the characters didn't make it... you can pull it off, Capcom. Just add bosses, the modes and extras in this build and we will be all set. You can do the rest ala sequel back in the day when fighting games were dominating the arcades and were frequently updating.

And I want to see some Julia action! arg.gif I'm tired of seeing the Street Fighters, I want to see the Tekken characters like Nina and Marduk getting in some action. All of these gameplay videos only have the pros from the SF series.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#47 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:33 PM

Your wish is granted in a single video. XD

Nina/Chun-Li vs. Sagat/Marduk
Chun-Li/Cammy vs. Julia/King

I think we'll see more Tekken characters in the videos as the pros get used to how they play.

#48 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

Aww... Julia didn't get that much of a great action. But damn, Marduk and King! wow.png

Thanks, Smiter! biggrin.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#49 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

Major Update from Comic-Con: We have more characters~!!

Guess who? (with a VERY surprising entry on the Street Fighter side...)

UPDATE: Looks like we're getting the Final Fight characters coming!

latest?cb=20140126021943

#50 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:33 PM

My jaw dropped when I saw Poison. Interestingly, *she was teamed with Cammy. I probably will get this game, so I'd definitely give that team a try.

*Yes, I know Poison is a post-op transexual. She's still hot. nosebleed8rx.gif (We need a Jiraiya Approves emoticon)

#51 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

Update:

Kuma and Ibuki are confirmed to be in the game along with SF3's Hugo. (No word on the full version movie of Chun-Li and Cammy fighting *spoilers*Asuka and Lili*end spoilers*)

Meanwhile, there is a leaked complete roster out but highly doubt that is real.

Also here are some gameplay notes that I didn't explain so people can get ready to understand:

* All characters have EX-specials.

* Looks like each character have only 1 super, unfortunately. It can be activate regularly or charging a certain special (such as Ryu's Hadoken, holding to level 3 will automatically activate his Shinku-Hadoken).

* Gameplay is similar to Darkstalkers: relying on chain-combos, known as Cross Chains. It can be follow-up with the launchers to unleash the Tekken-style of juggling. The tag-system isn't like normal Capcom Vs. tag but based on Tekken-Tag Tournament: If one character KO's, match will end. Tagging is pressing both medium buttons. There are defensive mechanics to call out your partner through guarding or making them do an assist attack. However, your partner will be in risk of being attacked when called out during the switch.

* Launchers are HP+HK. It can be follow after the Cross Chains for juggling/tagging possibilities.

* You can call out both characters at the same time like in Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes's Duo-Team attack.

* There are team supers. The actual knowledge is coming soon.

* As said before for the Tekken characters, players will have the option to change button control mechanics for that side. For example, if a Tekken player doesn't feel comfortable with the SF 6-button controls, he/she can switch to the original Tekken 4-button controls.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#52 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Aug 9 2011, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
* As said before for the Tekken characters, players will have the option to change button control mechanics for that side. For example, if a Tekken player doesn't feel comfortable with the SF 6-button controls, he/she can switch to the original Tekken 4-button controls.

I'm not sure how that'll work, it sounds like it could get messy. I mean, in Tekken, each button controls a limb (Left Punch, Right Punch, Left Kick, Right Kick). How will that work in a Street Fighter game? Also, if that scheme is limited to Tekken characters, what happens when you team up with a Street Fighter character? You'd have the button scheme changing all the time in a fight!

#53 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Aug 9 2011, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure how that'll work, it sounds like it could get messy. I mean, in Tekken, each button controls a limb (Left Punch, Right Punch, Left Kick, Right Kick). How will that work in a Street Fighter game? Also, if that scheme is limited to Tekken characters, what happens when you team up with a Street Fighter character? You'd have the button scheme changing all the time in a fight!

It actually can work because Capcom (Ono) had said if Tekken players feels uncomfortable with the 6-button scheme for the characters on their side, they can switch it to 4-button scheme to give them better advantage, even though the moves from the Tekken characters are not the exact same moves (one example is that I can't think like Julia has her Triple Spinning Kicks). It's something on the mechanic side of the system that can detect it.

But it works only for the Tekken Characters, now if you have a Street Fighter Character as your partner, it doesn't effect them. The SF character will still be on the 6-button scheme, it just give those who are so use to Tekken mechanics the edge on the playing field.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#54 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Aug 9 2011, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But it works only for the Tekken Characters, now if you have a Street Fighter Character as your partner, it doesn't effect them. The SF character will still be on the 6-button scheme, it just give those who are so use to Tekken mechanics the edge on the playing field.

But that's exactly what I mean by the button scheme changing all the time. If your team is made up of a character from each side, your control scheme is going to change each time you tag characters, and when you pull off team combos. Launchers and tag-outs are also initiated by pressing down a certain combination of buttons (MP/MK for tagging, HP/HK for launcher), so what about Tekken characters? If they were moved across to compensate for fewer buttons, you could end up using a launcher when you meant to tag out:

SF tag out = Y/B on Xbox. SF Launcher = LB/RB
Tekken tag out = X/A. Tekken Launcher = Y/B.
SF Throws = X/A. Tekken Throws = ???

Of course, this is all speculation, so I could be wrong. happy.gif

#55 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (Smiter @ Aug 11 2011, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But that's exactly what I mean by the button scheme changing all the time. If your team is made up of a character from each side, your control scheme is going to change each time you tag characters, and when you pull off team combos. Launchers and tag-outs are also initiated by pressing down a certain combination of buttons (MP/MK for tagging, HP/HK for launcher), so what about Tekken characters? If they were moved across to compensate for fewer buttons, you could end up using a launcher when you meant to tag out:

SF tag out = Y/B on Xbox. SF Launcher = RT/RB
Tekken tag out = X/A. Tekken Launcher = Y/B.
SF Throws = X/A. Tekken Throws = Same.

Of course, this is all speculation, so I could be wrong. happy.gif

Fixed. This is still Capcom's game. However, Tekken may have a special launcher button as single button once switching to 6-button scheme to 4-button scheme (just like when you customize buttons for any other fighters, such as focus attacks from Street Fighter 4).

Now on throws: Tekken throws are the same as SF, just that they also use 2/4 (numbers use for the buttons for Tekken players to understand the mechanics) or Y/B (Triangle/Circle for Playstation users) for the second throws in the series. So far, since SF starting to use X/A (Square/X or 1/3) buttons as throws like Tekken did starting from SF3, it's not going to be a problem. Are there going to be other throws for Tekken besides positional throws from SF? Don't know.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#56 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

Update: Along with Hugo, Ibuki and Kuma, the character announced is Raven from the Tekken side.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#57 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:10 AM

That trailer gave me man chills. XD
I'm so getting this game, especially since my two favorite characters are in it now. Ibuki/Yoshimitsu team, here I come. cool.gif

#58 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jun 7 2011, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UPDATE:

Gameplay Videos of Sagat, Hworarang and Cammy, nothing on Julia yet... : http://www.eventhubs...ootage-e3-2011/

More E3 gameplay:

More Cammy and Now some Julia Gameplay: http://www.eventhubs...meplay-footage/

Cole from the inFamous series is an exclusive guest fighter for PS3 and upcoming versions for those who didn't hear the recent news of E3.

E3 English trailer: With an upcoming female Tekken character about to confirm... guess who (and Codus N will love this! XD)

Do you mean Asuka-chan???

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#59 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Aug 11 2011, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fixed. This is still Capcom's game. However, Tekken may have a special launcher button as single button once switching to 6-button scheme to 4-button scheme (just like when you customize buttons for any other fighters, such as focus attacks from Street Fighter 4).

Now on throws: Tekken throws are the same as SF, just that they also use 2/4 (numbers use for the buttons for Tekken players to understand the mechanics) or Y/B (Triangle/Circle for Playstation users) for the second throws in the series. So far, since SF starting to use X/A (Square/X or 1/3) buttons as throws like Tekken did starting from SF3, it's not going to be a problem. Are there going to be other throws for Tekken besides positional throws from SF? Don't know.

I was just using my normal SSF4 set-up for the joypad when I can't use the FightStick. happy.gif

Thanks for clearing up the throws, and it's definitely possible that Capcom could keep the launcher on the same buttons.

Thanks for posting the trailer too, it was cool to watch and informative. smile.gif It's interesting to see how they simplified the Cross combos, a universal command for those would keep things simple and allow players to experiment with all sorts of tag team combinations to see how they work.

Nice to see more new characters, it looks like Hugo/Poison is the default team for those characters (Poison is Hugo's manager), and I wonder who Ibuki will work best with. That Raven guy looks like a complete rip-off of Blade from the movies. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Codus N @ Aug 16 2011, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep, she's in!

#60 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Aug 16 2011, 03:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Smiter @ Aug 16 2011, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, she's in!

It's not official yet. I mean, I'm glad Asuka and Lili is in but Capcom haven't even release the full version of the movie of them fighting Chun-Li and Cammy. Hell, I can't say that Cody and Guy are officially confirmed yet. (I'm awaiting for Karin...)

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users