16 replies to this topic

#1 Aoitsuki

Aoitsuki

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:52 AM

Well, this is my first try at issuing challenges so I hope I get it right.

1. Strawberries
2. Cold
3. Ramen Girls
4. Dango
5. Six

Rules:
-Has to be below the 500 word mark
-Can be from any character's POV, as long as there is NaruSaku

#2 PeacefulPhoenix

PeacefulPhoenix

THE PANDACAPOLYPSE SHALL BE SWIFT AND FUZZY

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:54 AM

wow, i thought.... well, dude, out old one was 100 words strict, had a week before the 5 things changed, and didn't have to be NaruSaku, also had Lemon/Lime warnings if there was stuff like that in it

#3 Aoitsuki

Aoitsuki

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:08 AM

So is this a good thing or a bad thing? I don't really mind lime but some people aren't very comfortable with writing/reading it.

#4 fps_jeremy

fps_jeremy

ForgottenChuunin is the ultimate SWIAB

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:Pwning you

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:17 PM

Uhhhh no sir? Kinda strange to me.....I don't know..

If you wish to truly pwn, you must pwn at ALL games. -teh_masterer

#5 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 02:10 AM

WTF is a dango?

I be there in 2 months YAAY!

#6 enigmaofbishieness

enigmaofbishieness

Pink-hair-con

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 10:26 PM

Dango is a sort of sweetish dumpling, from what I've gathered. Anko eats a whole bunch of it in the anime during the second part of the chuunin exam.

#7 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:00 AM

Okay i make one. i send it here tomomorow.

#8 surlymoogle

surlymoogle

DEUCES

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 06:26 AM

I churned out this silly little thing.

Strawberries
Word count: 386
Rating: PG, for referencing smut mags

It took Sakura a few minutes to notice the noise. She’d been engrossed in an article from the copy of True Ninja Romance that Ino-pig had lent her—the love scenes were so much more tasteful than in that inarticulate sleaze that paid Jiraiya-sama’s bills, and who could bend in all those different positions anyway?—and was alternately paying heed to that and her now-tepid bowl of tempura udon, absently pushing bits of noodle through the dregs of the broth, when she finally became aware of a snuffling sound in her right ear.

A persistent, slightly wet snuffling, like that of a dog. If she hadn’t known better, she might’ve thought Kiba was having a little fun by setting Akamaru on her, but the accompanying telltale odor was unmistakably that of barbecue pork ramen. With sliced egg. Seven helpings of it, in fact.

Snuffle. “Sakura-chan?”

“What is it, Naruto?” she demanded, finally dropping the spoon into the bowl and tearing her eyes away from The Unrequited Lust of Kasumi, Kunoichi of Vapor Trail Village. Just when it was getting to the good part, too.

“Your hair, Sakura-chan. It smells like…” Naruto’s face contorted thoughtfully as he scratched the top of his spiky blond head. “Like strawberries. You changed shampoos.”

“Well, of course I did,” Sakura answered matter-of-factly, marking the spot where the Moonlight Shinobi undid Kasumi’s blouse with the tip of his kunai before closing the magazine. “You think I was going to go on using the same thing as a dog forever? Especially now that Floral Green signed Pakkun as their official mascot! I told Kakashi-sensei it was a bad idea; he’s going to get full of himself and blow all his royalties on expensive sake and cheap—”

“I like it,” Naruto interrupted her, grinning.

Sakura halted and blinked. “I—what?”

“I like the way it smells, Sakura-chan. It kind of…fits you,” Naruto supplied, his infectious grin widening. “You’re sour sometimes, but the rest of the time you’re really sweet…like strawberries. Except you’re not bigger on the top than on the bottom…”

She would never admit it to him, of course, but in the second of stunned silence that elapsed before her fist connected with the bridge of his nose, Haruno Sakura was privately flattered by Naruto’s ill-chosen analogy.

Except for the second part.

#9 Danni

Danni

..life..hard

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 08:59 AM

My brain hurt maybe Monday, i will post one. beleave it.

#10 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. >:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:43 PM

I thought a Dango was a type of Dog

#11 Zahrn

Zahrn

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Reading/Writing, Photography

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:33 PM

That's a Dingo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dingo

#12 jmf

jmf

the hermit of h and e

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Interests:am a kw addict,a former h and e addict but am now an h and e hermit(lurker)

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:42 PM

yeah you got them mixed up but i woulda said dango too come to think of it i like saying dango better then dingo oh well.

2z3z1wm.gif

#13 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts
  • Interests:Eating... Sleeping... Thinking about monkeys...

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:49 PM

so, here is my pathetic attempt of a drabble.
Cold: 297 words

It was another rainy day in Konoha. Sakura stared out her watery window at the bleak scenery -- the lonely, deserted roads to the gray and unhappy sky. It seemed to stretch out until the horizon. Shivering, she thought, I need to get a blanket... It's freezing in here... True, it was cold, but this was a different type. Sakura's house itself was well heated -- her overprotective mother made sure of that... She knew this chill very well, too well. It came from the loneliness in her heart. Both her teammates had gone off, and she was left uncared for and unattended to.

Gently, she picked up her photo album. Skimming through the pictures, she ran her fingers across each photo like they were her very life. Her memories had stayed through the years, yes, and she was always grateful for her friend... But her heart yearned for something more. She wanted... Naruto... Where are you... Trying to get her mind off the many incidents that broke her heart particulalry regarding one Uchiha, she got up and made some hot chocolate.

She could feel its warmth trickle down her inside, soothing her... But it wasn't enough. She was still icy cold inside. Suddenly, two hands gently combed her hair. "Mom, please... I want to be alone right now..." But the skilled hands didn't stop. They massaged her worries away, hit every spot on her neck like it was memorized.

A warm breath was felt on the back of her neck. Two lips gently kissed her cheek. "I love you, Sakura-chan." And the body whirled her around and kissed her. Outside, the rain had stopped, and the birds resumed their daily activites. A ray of sunlight came through the thick clouds, and Sakura wasn't cold anymore... She had found her warmth.

well, i know that was extremely sappy and bad. ''^^ ah, well. i tried my best.

#14 adrianna

adrianna

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach!<br /><br />basketball, soccer (or football, whichever) tennis<br /><br />reading, shopping, computer

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (MonkeysTotallyRock @ Aug 4 2006, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so, here is my pathetic attempt of a drabble.
Cold: 297 words

It was another rainy day in Konoha. Sakura stared out her watery window at the bleak scenery -- the lonely, deserted roads to the gray and unhappy sky. It seemed to stretch out until the horizon. Shivering, she thought, I need to get a blanket... It's freezing in here... True, it was cold, but this was a different type. Sakura's house itself was well heated -- her overprotective mother made sure of that... She knew this chill very well, too well. It came from the loneliness in her heart. Both her teammates had gone off, and she was left uncared for and unattended to.

Gently, she picked up her photo album. Skimming through the pictures, she ran her fingers across each photo like they were her very life. Her memories had stayed through the years, yes, and she was always grateful for her friend... But her heart yearned for something more. She wanted... Naruto... Where are you... Trying to get her mind off the many incidents that broke her heart particulalry regarding one Uchiha, she got up and made some hot chocolate.

She could feel its warmth trickle down her inside, soothing her... But it wasn't enough. She was still icy cold inside. Suddenly, two hands gently combed her hair. "Mom, please... I want to be alone right now..." But the skilled hands didn't stop. They massaged her worries away, hit every spot on her neck like it was memorized.

A warm breath was felt on the back of her neck. Two lips gently kissed her cheek. "I love you, Sakura-chan." And the body whirled her around and kissed her. Outside, the rain had stopped, and the birds resumed their daily activites. A ray of sunlight came through the thick clouds, and Sakura wasn't cold anymore... She had found her warmth.

well, i know that was extremely sappy and bad. ''^^ ah, well. i tried my best.

aww , that was cute, nice job, too :thumbs:

Part of the H&E Family (sister)

My Journal

#15 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:38 AM

yay! someone liked it!!! th_glomp.gif

#16 Garret Jax

Garret Jax

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 10:55 PM

Here's one for Strawberry:

Naruto inspected the three tiny fruit in his hand. Strawberries were his favorite, and these were just about the best three he had ever seen, nice and ripe, a rich, almost maroonish red. They were the right size, too. Big for strawberries, but not so big as to be impractical. The only thing off about them was the taste, which Naruto couldn’t stand, but he didn’t like strawberries for eating.

He liked them because they were aerodynamic.

He lined them up on his left palm, took careful aim, and prepared his right finger to flick the first one, holding it tense, like a bear trap. Then, with the strength of a small nuclear explosion, he let fly.

The juicy missile careened some hundred feet before hitting its target, the back of a pink head of hair. The over-ripe fruit exploded like it had been hit with a sledgehammer, leaving a red-stained crater in the pink tresses, with a tiny green strawberry frond imbedded in the center.

Haruno Sakura (the only pink-haired ninja in Konoha) froze in her tracks, lifted a hand to the back of her head, and drew it back to see crimson-stained fingers. She whirled with terrible stomping steps that cracked the street-stones, Naruto’s name already forming on her snarling lips…

When another strawberry impacted against the bridge of her nose. It liquefied on contact, flying up to paint the wide expanse of her forehead a dark blood red.

One of Sakura’s eyebrows began to twitch.

Naruto, stifling giggles, launched the last piece of fruit, aiming for the Haruno-clan circle, emblazoned like a target across the chest of her shirt. Her fist, knuckles clenched white, snagged the fruit out of midair, and whipped it right back.

Naruto had no time to react before the strawberry, followed by a sonic boom, smacked against his forehead protector with enough force to send him careening off his feet and onto the pavement twenty feet back.

As Sakura’s rage subsided, she stomped towards her prone teammate. “You’d better have something to say for yourself,” she growled, flipping him over with a foot. She got no response; his eyes rolled back in his head, and his face was a mess of red pulp and juice.

Sakura leaned closer to him, softening her expression.

“Naruto, say something, idiot.”

And just like that, there was a hand on the back of her messy hair, and a tongue running slowly and sloppily from the impact site of the second strawberry to the top of her forehead.

Naruto fell back with a fox grin, and shrugged. “No use,” he muttered, “Still don’t like the taste.”

Sakura’s eyebrow began to twitch again.

The punch that followed ensured that she would have someone to practice her medical jutsus on for at least a week.

Not that she would mind spending a week with the blonde of course.

Hope you enjoyed it. I tried to do something... unexpected.
Ja,
~Jax

#17 MonkeysTotallyRock

MonkeysTotallyRock

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:14 AM

hahaha. ''^^ loved it. good old pranks to cheer up one's mood. XD aerodynamic strawberries. =P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users