Close
Photo

If the pairings in the manga would end different than the anime which one would you choose?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:37 PM

If in one Sakura ends up with Naruto and in the other one Sakura ends up with Sasuke which one would you choose?

For me it's a little difficult to answer to this because I would love to know that what really happens is that Naruto and Sakura end up together in the manga, but I wouldn't be able to stand watching Sakura and Sasuke in the anime. But at the same time I would really love to see Naruto and Sakura together in the anime, but I wouldn't like the feeling of knowing that this didn't happen in the original story.

My answer is that If I have to choose I would choose Naruto and Sakura together in the Anime. Why? Because I would prefer to see animated NaruSaku moments than read NaruSaku ones.

#2 Gaara

Gaara

Kazekage of this forum.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:42 PM

If the Anime really does that, I will abandon it.

#3 Soritia

Soritia

Uchiha Obito Obsessor

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,212 posts
  • Interests:This should be obvious...

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:07 PM

I would prefer it to be in the manga.
Firstly, we'd find out sooner. We'd gets lots of nice NaruSaku years before the anime would go down the SasuSaku track.
Secondly, since the manga comes straight from Kishimoto, anything that doesn't come from the manga, I consider not-canon. If the manga says NaruSaku is canon, I will understand that that's how Kishi intended it from the beginning. If the anime diverges, I could always say that it's simply not true, like how we denounce the filler saga. I don't think that anyone argues that Naruto really goes Kyuubi over ramen, everyone writes it off as filler because Kishi didn't write that. in the same way, I don't want everyone to write off NaruSaku because it was only in the anime.

I wouldn't stop watching the naime if it went down a SasuSaku path as long as they did it in a believable and well-paced fashion, however, considering it's history, I doubt it will. Today was the first time in almost two years that I've watched the anime, it wouldn't be a problem for me to drop it. I couldn't drop the manga though, never have, never will.

#4 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:49 PM

^^
What she said.

#5 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

It's pretty obvious to me that Kishimoto has set it up to be narusaku and that's what I want to see first in the manga then in the anime. I don't think the animators would diverge from the manga that far. However, they might give more fanservice filler episodes to characters they like best (trust me shippuden will have filler episodes too. Hopefully they won't be as mind numbingly bad as most of them in part 1, but expect at least a few Hinata-Sue episodes, and Naruto the total idiot episodes. Now I wouldn't mind a few narusaku fillers, a shikatema filler, heck even a kibahina filler- at least it would mean no more hinata the naruto stalker moments wink.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#6 Tobi_Uchiha

Tobi_Uchiha

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 08:09 PM

You won the comment I wanted to say..heh.
I´m positive Kishimoto will show more Naru/Saku in the manga. The anime just cut some scenes from the manga and replaces them with others non-interesting as the ones from the fillers. In fact most of the fillers were based in the ideas of the Animators. However thankfully In Naruto Shippuden they will have to include all the Naru/Saku scenes as are shown in the manga, because they have to keep the original ideas from the Author of the manga, and cause they can´t make some unreal scenes that don´t go according to the original story (the one made by Kishimoto).

#7 Vespar

Vespar

Namikage

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Everyone thinks it, but etiquette interferes; lest the writer is construed as misdirected.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:05 AM

Personally, I'd stick with which ever came first. In this case, it's the manga. And if SakuSasu happens, well... So be it then. Realistically, I can do nothing about it. Fortunately, right from the get-go, I never read anything in the manga that cemented SakuSasu nor NaruHina at all.
(Though watching the anime, I can see how it can be misinterpreted like that though.)

#8 Hopestar

Hopestar

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • Interests:Food: Asian (specifically Japanese)
    Religion: Christian
    Sports: Golf, Tennis, Rowing/Crew
    Hobbies: Finance, Politics, Books, Fine dining, video games
    Music: Rock

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:03 AM

I'm with manga too since its the orignal out of the entire storyline. If narusaku happens in manga then no comments because it will immediately destory SS & NH's amine agruments.
[FONT=Times][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Let light be our guide towards victory
Whenever there's despair there's a darkness, whenever there's hope there's a light and it's up to us to bring in that light.

#9 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:15 AM

I've been thinking about this and after reading your opinions I changed my mind, I would prefer the manga to end NaruSaku. Mainly because of what of what Soritia said, that if NaruSaku were canon then that would mean that that's what Kishimoto intended from the beginning.

#10 antigravity12

antigravity12

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 05:47 PM

I'd rather have the manga end NaruSaku. I have pretty much the same reasons as everyone else, unfortunately. sweatdrop.gif If SasuSaku happened in the anime, I would probably keep on watching it, but if they had NaruHina, I'd drop it. I don't think that they'll ever be able to make NaruHina believable to me. *shudders*

And random thing to add... I always kinda got the impression that Kishimoto originally put Sakura's crush on Sasuke in there just to make the storyline (and of course the dynamic of NaruSaku XD) more interesting. I have reasons, but I stayed up late last night using the internets and I'm way to tired to type much more. sleepy.gif I never said this anywhere else 'cause I'm desperately trying to make peace with the SasuSaku population of YouTube and FF.net (the non-noobs, I mean), and telling them that I basically think their shipping is a plot device would make all of my efforts come violently crashing down on me. Waaaah...

#11 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (antigravity12 @ Feb 20 2007, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always kinda got the impression that Kishimoto originally put Sakura's crush on Sasuke in there just to make the storyline (and of course the dynamic of NaruSaku XD) more interesting.

unsure.gif I always tought this, too... sweatdrop.gif

Sorry, Sasusaku fans ! happy.gif
“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#12 SilverLily

SilverLily

ANBU Wannabe

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Interests:Art, drawing, writing, reading, sleeping, cooking, Naruto, eating.

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:38 AM

Well, of course it was a plot device! Look and the environment of the ninja academy! Sakura, whilst being uncool, new that if she didn't do what her friends were doing she'd be ridiculed, and everyone loved Sasuke.
And you'd be surprised how someone can talk themselves into 'loving' another person, just because the conditions are right.
Sakura was infatuated, not in love, and now the infatuation is gone. wOOt!

#13 #1NuckleHeadNinja

#1NuckleHeadNinja

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 03:32 AM

I'm pretty much in agreement with most of what has been said before me. I want it to end up being NaruSaku rather than SasuSaku. But if the manga and anime did differ i'd rather the anime end up with NaruSaku. I suppose i'd just rather be able to see an animated relationship between Naruto and Sakura rather than written.

#14 Fruits Basket Fan

Fruits Basket Fan

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:07 AM

Well, the anime team has to follow the manga very closely in the main points, so if NarutoxSakura happens in the manga, then the anime has to have NarutoxSakura in the end too. smile.gif

The anime tones down the NarutoxSakura moments because they do not know how to present it compare to Kishimoto-san! But I find it stupid that the anime team is not very hesitant to show NarutoxHinata scenes in the anime fillers where it does not exist in the manga! mad.gif

I swear, I bet that is one of the many reasons why a lot of NarutoxHinata fans think that it will happen! "Episode 148 of Naruto has been highlighted be NarutoxHinata fans all over the globe!," said by random people dry.gif !

#15 AnimeGirl_123

AnimeGirl_123

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:25 AM

NaruSaku in the manga. I dislike SasuSaku period. If the manga ended NaruSaku and the anime ended in another pairing, that other pairing would probably be NaruHina. The anime looks pro-NaruHina. ^^;

NARUTO X SAKURA

444.gif

#16 Coupe

Coupe

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Interests:Stuff. Random stuff

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (Niky @ Feb 21 2007, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
unsure.gif I always tought this, too... sweatdrop.gif

Sorry, Sasusaku fans ! happy.gif

Same here
Conversation between me and my awesome drama teacher whilst watching Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds.

Are the birds some kind of Communist secret weapon?
No Jordan.

Are the birds under some kind of mind control by Big Bird from sesame street? Will Big Bird turn out to be the murderer? Will that girl turn around and big bird is behind her and she gets stabbed in the face?
No Jordan.

Is this the chickens revenge on Colonel Sanders?
Yes Jordan, this is a movie about an all bird terrorist group, led by big bird, funded by Communists on a mission to kill Colonel Sanders.

Really?
No Jordan.

#17 Blooming Cosmo

Blooming Cosmo

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:NARUSAKU, ShikaIno, ShikaTema, NejiTen

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:51 PM

I'd rather the manga. It would be canon that way. Then no one could say two cents about it. Yeah the anime would be nice to see, but I think the satisfaction of having it be the truth would be all the better.
...if we're going to make it, then we're half way there...

#18 Kalluri Vaanil

Kalluri Vaanil

When we bleed we bleed the same

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:21 PM

I don't see how that would even happen anyway.

I'd just be happy with both.

#19 Illjwamh

Illjwamh

Cooler Than You

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:31 PM

It won't happen. While the anime has been known to add things that didn't happen in the manga (not even counting the filler sagas), they've never outright changed anything. That would be a rather silly thing to change, to boot.

Plus, if any of the characters do get together, it will be for an important reason plot-wise. This is not a romance manga, so Kishimoto has no reason to hook any of the characters up other than to advance the story in some way. Changing that would be altering the story signifiicantly. Take, for example, Dragonball. Let's say the animators didn't like the idea of Goku and Chichi getting married, so they paired him off with someone else instead. All of a sudden, there's no Gohan. That would make it extremely difficult to animate the later part of the series, and the anime cash cow we know as Dragonball Z would not have existed.

It's possible that some characters who weren't paired off with anyone in the manga will hook up in the anime, I think that's as far as it'll go.

#20 murdoc

murdoc

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

I know this will never happen, it's just a supposition

This question came to me after reading the Rurouni Kenshin manga and saw how different the end was from the anime. While the anime was pretty sad with Kenshin dying in the end, the manga had a happy ending. It was almost the complete opposite of one another so I though what if this would happen in Naruto but involving pairings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users