42 replies to this topic

#21 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:30 PM

Ricky Martin being gay was of no surprise. Heck, I probably knew that before he did.

This is about as surprising as Rosie O'Donnell admitting she was gay.

Meh, I still like his music.

Though I have to say, while I don't mind gay people why is it that all of a sudden all these famous people are coming out of the closet? I mean, is everyone turning gay cause it seems like I turn the corner and "boom" another one.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#22 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Mar 30 2010, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ricky Martin being gay was of no surprise. Heck, I probably knew that before he did.

This is about as surprising as Rosie O'Donnell admitting she was gay.

Meh, I still like his music.

Though I have to say, while I don't mind gay people why is it that all of a sudden all these famous people are coming out of the closet? I mean, is everyone turning gay cause it seems like I turn the corner and "boom" another one.

rolleyes.gif

Everyone isn't suddenly turning 'gay' around you. Come on, you *must* realize that admitting that you're gay in this country when you're a star is almost a guaranteed career death sentence. But after a while living in that 'closet' for these stars just becomes more and more pointless. Especially when there are already rumors circulating that they are gay. So they usually take *years* to decide to speak out, and I suppose because a few celebs have come out recently, they feel safer to admit to their own preference as well. Comfort in numbers.

#23 soot-r

soot-r

Deva Path

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:11 PM

He finally comes out huh? Good for him.. But no surprise there..

#24 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:16 PM

No way Ricky is gay wot.gif and here I thought he was 100% heterosexual haha (notice the sarcasm tongue.gif) but seriously anyone knew about that. I'm honestly glad for him that he finally chose to announce and come out of the closet kudos to you Ricky.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#25 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 30 2010, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rolleyes.gif

Everyone isn't suddenly turning 'gay' around you. Come on, you *must* realize that admitting that you're gay in this country when you're a star is almost a guaranteed career death sentence. But after a while living in that 'closet' for these stars just becomes more and more pointless. Especially when there are already rumors circulating that they are gay. So they usually take *years* to decide to speak out, and I suppose because a few celebs have come out recently, they feel safer to admit to their own preference as well. Comfort in numbers.

There is more to life than being a celebrity. If you care more about your career than you do your happiness then that is truly pathetic.

Also, since we already knew Ricky Martin was gay, then he had nothing to lose now did he? We still like his music. So what? What I realize is people need to stop being afraid and stop being so radical in their beliefs that we are afraid of something that is different.

What about Eddie Izzard who is a transvestite? Instead of hiding it, he expressed it and became a comical legend. Most don't find this "normal" to their standards, but they don;t hate him and they love him. As do I.

BTW, you have heard of people come out of the closet, have you ever heard of someone going back in?
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#26 Nee-sama

Nee-sama

Still trying to beat the boredom.

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Mar 30 2010, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is more to life than being a celebrity. If you care more about your career than you do your happiness then that is truly pathetic.

Try putting yourself in his shoes before you judge something as truly pathetic. Oh wait, that's right, you can't. Because you know nothing about his life.

Also, since we already knew Ricky Martin was gay, then he had nothing to lose now did he? We still like his music. So what? What I realize is people need to stop being afraid and stop being so radical in their beliefs that we are afraid of something that is different.

What about Eddie Izzard who is a transvestite? Instead of hiding it, he expressed it and became a comical legend. Most don't find this "normal" to their standards, but they don;t hate him and they love him. As do I.

A lot of people are afraid of different stuff. People who are gay are justified in being hesitant to admit it to the world, and it most likely comes from personal experiences.

BTW, you have heard of people come out of the closet, have you ever heard of someone going back in?

facepalm.png

971084_656443124372835_371212529_n_zps46

#27 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (crazyefra @ Mar 29 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another great singer that's gay and puertorican. sad.gif (I'm not against gay ppl).

Who's the other singer?

QUOTE (Mik3 @ Mar 29 2010, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Insert Cricket chirping here

LOL!

#28 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

I now declare this a fairy tale, and I'm giving it the title: "The Emperor's New Closet"
It is a griping story about the emperor of Latino-Pop, trying to find another way to keep his fans loving and admiring. However, the evil Internet lured the emperor into a trap, in hope of ruining the emperor once and for all by exposing his deepest and darkest secret to the entire world. The Internet gave Emperor Ricky a new closet to hide his secret true self inside, but the closet didn't exist. The Internet convinced Emperor Ricky that he was securely inside the closet, where no one would ever be able to see his true self, and the closet was made out of European wood, which is so shiny, it looks transparent to anyone without the eyes of an Emperor. He could not see the closet, but couldn't let the Internet know that and loose face, so he he said it was the most fabulous thing since Gucci's fall catalog of 2007.
So with full faith in the Internet, Ricky danced himself out on the stage, thinking we all would see the manliest man since Chuck Norris, but what we did see was rainbows and ponies. Due to the respect the people had for his stage talent, no one told Ricky until recently... 11 years after he first skipped into the non-existent closet. Coming out of the closet no one knew about served to earn the Emperor even more respect, and now he's in the same exclusive club as Sir Elton John, Freddie Mercury (may he rest in peace), the entire male cast of CATS as well as Frodo Baggins. We of the Internet applaud the Emperor's courage, and we can only say: "Well played old chap, well played."

May he be livin' la vida loca for years to come.

#29 Black Rose

Black Rose

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:55 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Mar 30 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
rolleyes.gif

I tottaly agree with Sakura Blossoms... Admitting that u are gay is hard and it may destroy your career... However, things have changed a bit nowadays.. Still, if you PUBLICALY admit your "sexual preferences" everybody is going to critisize you... That's too bad... sad.gif down.gif

#30 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Mar 30 2010, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Many words.

Hey bro, cool story.

#31 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:06 PM

...wait, who's Ricky Martin? x___x

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#32 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (Yakatsu @ Mar 31 2010, 02:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why?

You curious? I always knew you had a thing for me!

yeah... and my WIFE is not cat obsessed... and Shauna sleeps for more than 5 hours for once...

PS: In case you don't get it, that means its impossible...

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#33 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:38 AM

Ricky Martin is Gay? Really, oh well he's still a comedy genius...no wait that's another Martin, who's Ricky Martin again? Google to the Rescue!!!

Wait the Singer? He was alway too good looking to be Straight, This should increase my chances of dating a really hot girl by 0.000000000000% so my prospects are improving...lol

It shouldn't affect his career that muh just look at Elton John, Boy George, and Gerge Michael.....oh wait he's not English might be a problem for him, and as long as he isn't caught with his pants around his ankle behind a bush by the cops like a certain other singer his career should be fine also. Kudo's for declaring it.

iAnby7W.gif

#34 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (BlackLightning @ Mar 31 2010, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah... and my WIFE is not cat obsessed... and Shauna sleeps for more than 5 hours for once...

PS: In case you don't get it, that means its impossible...

OP, It's called sarcasm.

QUOTE (harry4e @ Mar 31 2010, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh wait he's not English

Hurr? Nice one.

This thread cannot be taken serious from this point on. Most of your replies kinda make me cringe.

Soo....

#35 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:05 AM

So... is he the Seme or the Uke?
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#36 Serenity Namikaze

Serenity Namikaze

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:11 AM

QUOTE (Terrace @ Mar 31 2010, 04:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So... is he the Seme or the Uke?

I don't thing it appropriate to say that. We shouldn't do bad homosexual joke that insult gay people.

Edited by silverserenity, 31 March 2010 - 03:13 AM.

#37 dokueki(venom)

dokueki(venom)

Winnie_Kay

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:19 AM

Well don't really care that he is. Don't judge people like my profile I like pop music including Ricky Martin.

#38 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Vyse @ Mar 30 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May he be livin' la vida loca for years to come.

ZING!

#39 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

For some reason, I thought he already had. About as monumentall as Lance Bass doing it a couple years ago. Otherwise...meh...who, besides Martin, really cares?

#40 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 04 April 2010 - 02:29 PM

[quote name='Nate River' date='Apr 4 2010, 10:20 AM' post='269798']
For some reason, I thought he already had. About as monumentall as Lance Bass doing it a couple years ago. Otherwise...meh...who, besides Martin, really cares?
[/quoteW
Dissapointed Women
\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users