10 replies to this topic

#1 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

Professional Excrement Initiator.

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:06 PM

Personally, I haven't watched any WWE/TNA in a LOOOOOONG time, like 3-4 years. But hearing about Bret Hart FINALLY coming back to a WWE ring after the Montreal Screwjob... I'm at least going to go back and watch.

Then there's Hulk Hogan's debut at TNA! Impact tomorrow as well. Looks like the Monday Night Wars might start up again. :O

Who's watching? biggrin.gif

#2 forfayfen

forfayfen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 11:59 PM

Personally, my involvement in watching WWE was in high school. I think I liked it more back then. Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero were great. For those who remember Bret Hart, tune in on Monday. He might just hit someone with a steel chair.
naruto-sakura-shippuuden-psp-wal-1.jpg

#3 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:51 AM

Poor TNA, they get Hogan, and WWE trumps them with Bret Hart. I'll definitely check out Raw tomorrow night.

#4 dl316bh

dl316bh

International Smug Elitist

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 02:39 AM

I'm so ****in' marking out over Bret Hart back on WWE programming. I knew relations had thawed over the years and that both Bret and Vince were on pretty good terms again. But this? I wasn't expecting this.

Then there's Hulk Hogan's debut at TNA! Impact tomorrow as well. Looks like the Monday Night Wars might start up again. :O

I wouldn't count on it. WCW's wild success was pretty much a fluke. They knew it too. Hence refusing to kill off the NWO storyline. It was their one thing and they ran it dry.

Hogan just does not have that sort of impact anymore. Hell, when he joined WCW, it wasn't that big a deal and he was still arguably in his prime. WCW took off because of the shock of Hogan's betrayal and the NWO in general. Keep in mind he's also working with Vince Russo; both of them systematically destroyed WCW and Russo's awful writing is a big part of why TNA can't break into the big time.

I mean, I was being a prick when I called TNA "WCW 2.0"; they didn't need to go out and prove me right.

Granted, the WWE does need competition to light the fire under it again, but I don't think this is going to be it. I figure on Ring of Honor getting there before TNA does. I mean, the same talk was circulating when Mick Foley - another legendary but crippled vetran of the industry - joined TNA. He even said he wanted to shape TNA into something better as Hogan is saying now. Went nowhere.

But who knows. Crazier things have happened I suppose.

Poor TNA, they get Hogan, and WWE trumps them with Bret Hart.

To be fair, it wasn't going to be that hard. Hogan's ego may say otherwise, but his prime is long over. He's not even going to be wrestling in regards to the company, but changing things from the ground up.

I can't help getting the feeling that such is going to end up being like a match on a powderkeg. The TNA locker room is already a gigantic mess with most of the stars angry with the company or wanting to leave. Also, TNA has a largely "legend" centric roster; in other words, guys with big ego's who'd really prefer to remain at the top. Hogans creative clause alone helped sink WCW; now he's going to have full control. I can't see the older big guns taking that well in the long run.

Even so, Bret Hart... wow, that's almost overkill. Keeping in mind that we were promised The Rock guest hosting Raw at some point (which some speculate as being this month)... yeah.
bd5.jpg

#5 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

Man... if Bret could wrestle again (doubtful since he had a stroke, but who knows)... him vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania would be EPIC.

#6 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:17 AM

Watching Bret and Shawn Michaels bury the hatchet tonight...

I must admit I was giddy and had goosebumps; I felt like a kid again, if only for a moment.
bd5.jpg

#7 Mik3

Mik3

Dame a raise un perdedor.

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • Interests:games, anime, music. just chilling.

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:19 AM

I like how they did it. Much more of a respect thing instead of a super quick make up where they become best friends.

I did flip over to TNA a few times. And christ they just kept bringing out former wrestler after another.

Did like seeing Scott Hall and Xpac. Val Venus , Eric Bishoff, Orlando Jordan, meh. Once again very cheesy script. I admire them running a promo to change the channel on USA though.

Im glad Brett signed a contract so we'll see him more. Id love to see Brett have a final match with Vince at Wrestlemania.
\

#8 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:41 AM

... respect? He got kicked in the groin..... Maybe I need to actually see it....

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#9 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:48 AM

Never thought I'd see the day.

It got to me, I'll admit it.

... respect? He got kicked in the groin..... Maybe I need to actually see it....

He meant between Bret and Shawn.

The Vince thing is basically setting up a match between the two at Wrestlemania; I knew something like that was coming because there needed to be a story reason for Bret to be around after tonight.

I did flip over to TNA a few times. And christ they just kept bringing out former wrestler after another.

Did you hear about Hogan tearing Jarret to pieces live?

Man, TNA's going even further towards hell.

Also, bringing in the old wrestlers is pretty much TNA's schtick as "WCW 2.0". When I heard Hogan was coming in... I knew this was where it was going. The old guard are going to root themselves in TNA even more and it's going to go down, down, down the drain even further.

Edited by dl316bh, 05 January 2010 - 04:50 AM.

bd5.jpg

#10 JoHamSandwich

JoHamSandwich

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (dl316bh @ Jan 4 2010, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never thought I'd see the day.

It was great to see that moment.

And once I saw Vince kick Bret in the nads, I knew it was for storyline reasons.

Best match of the night was DX vs. Jericho/Big Show for the tag titles.

And Sheamus vs. Evan Bourne was also good. That was a SICK Shooting Star Press!

Just bring the Rock back PLZ.

Edited by JoHamSandwich, 05 January 2010 - 08:57 AM.

#11 dl316bh

dl316bh

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:18 AM

Oh yeah. I mean, Bret and Vince had pretty much made their peace a while ago. I remember Bret once said that when he had the stroke, Vince was the first person to call him in the hospital and wish him well.

Hence why I knew the end was going to have Vince hit him in some respect. Bret's got a contract with the WWE for a few months now. There had to be a story way to justify him being around past last night, so you knew something was up. I just hope that if we're really headed towards such a match, Bret is really up for this. I'm very glad he's back in some capacity, but I wouldn't want him to get hurt or anything. Goldberg pretty much ended his career proper.

Best match of the night was DX vs. Jericho/Big Show for the tag titles.

And Sheamus vs. Evan Bourne was also good. That was a SICK Shooting Star Press!

I also enjoyed the tag match. I have always liked DX in general though - even back in the late nineties when they first came into being as heels - so there was a little added attachment there for me. Regardless it was a pretty decent match; it's nice to see the tag team division having some manner of worth.

The Sheamus/Bourne match was alright, but too short. It was kind of a squash match. That said, Bournes offense was great. I just wish he wasn't buried once Sheamus got the upper hand. Hopefully Bourne will be given an oppourtunity soon, because I think he could go places.

All in all, I enjoyed myself watching Raw tonight, which was more than I could say months ago when I last watched it. I think I'm going to end up sticking around a while and watching it more regularly again. Hopefully it keeps up the quality.

Just bring the Rock back PLZ.

He's supposed to guest host Raw at some point. Hopefully soon. But I'd like The Rock back in the ring regularly again. But alas, tis but a dream. Though who knows; wrestlers have left for Hollywood before and come back eventually. Maybe Rock will get nostalgic and return home to the WWE again.

I heard someone mention that Stone Cold may be looking to sign a short term contract too.

Edited by dl316bh, 05 January 2010 - 09:19 AM.

bd5.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users