• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#21 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:28 AM

If Keanu Reeves plays Spike I'm boycotting this film.

uc.png

#22 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 18 December 2008 - 08:39 AM

Ah, I'm going to hope that Naruto never goes live. Even if the actors and effects are very well done, my impression of it will never be the same. It's hard to perfectly depict a fictional character in real life. But wow, Cowboy Bebop as well? Curious to see how it turns out happy.gif

#23 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

Somhow I knew Uzumaki is going to be the first to reply to this happy.gif

Anyway, what did you expect? hollywood is runing out of comic book adptions so now they are turning their cla... I mean their eyes to manga.

The one thing that irked me about this that I know the pearsonlty wise they will never get it right, they will replace every pearsonlty with the same old idotic stryotype they use for ever summer blockbuster...

Or has Uzumaki said, they will get Revees to play Spike blah...

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#24 kage'e shoujo

kage'e shoujo

Lazy Layabout

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 11:57 AM

Why is the girl in the movie in the attached image? Are they making a live of the movie instead of the series? If so, all we need to do is think of a Cowboy Bebop movie character that didn't show all that much emotion! That'll be the character Keannu Reeves plays!

I doubt all anime are going live action. I bet it's just the movie industry losing creativity and gathering material from popular already-animated stories from the East. See also: the remake of Asian horror/other genre movies.

#25 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:36 PM

If Naruto DOES get a live action the only cool thing from it would be Kyuubi transformation,I think.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#26 Jin

Jin

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 December 2008 - 05:15 PM

The idea of a Live Action Beebop doesn't really bother me. It is one of the very few anime that I could see working in Live Action. However Keanu's attachment to the project bugs me. Let's face it chances are more than likely his involvement means he will be playing Spike. He is tall and lanky like spike I will give him that, but he doesn't have the charisma of Spike. Spike can be quiet and contemplative at times which is fine for Keanu, but he is also very sarcastic and quick witted. Which are not typical things I have seen from the often wooden Keanu Reeves. I am hard pressed to think of an actor I could really see pulling off Spike. Ryan Reynolds comes to mind so long as he takes it a bit more seriously than he normally does, but he is still not someone I would be terribly excited about.

#27 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:24 AM

Well let's hope it doesn't suck. I wonder why Animes are getting Live Acton films from out of the blue.
I am still pinky-ash

#28 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:49 AM

Aw man, I even did a search to make sure this wasn't already posted.

Psh, oh well.

Anyway, I think it will depend on how bad the Dragonball movie fails (succeed? yeahright) as to if Hollywood feels like making another manga-based film. They'll continue with cowboy if only because it's already seemingly a sure thing. After that... it'll be anyones guess.

#29 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 19 December 2008 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Dec 19 2008, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aw man, I even did a search to make sure this wasn't already posted.

Psh, oh well.

Anyway, I think it will depend on how bad the Dragonball movie fails (succeed? yeahright) as to if Hollywood feels like making another manga-based film. They'll continue with cowboy if only because it's already seemingly a sure thing. After that... it'll be anyones guess.

Manga is currently more popular in the US than American comic books so whether DB does well or not there's still many to adapt.

uc.png

#30 Nikko

Nikko

Lady Perv <3

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • Interests:sewing, sleeping, drawing, tasty food, video games, manga/comic booking, anime, and music

Posted 19 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

Here, if you really wanna get pissed off, read his interview talking about the movie:

http://moviesblog.mt...boy-bebop-movie

If he was so kittening eager to do something good with this movie, he'd leave it the hell alone.

In the forums, ad blocking your signature.

#31 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:11 PM

Source

Keanu Reeves is going intergalactic again.

He of the comforting monotone has hitched his wagon to 20th Century Fox's big-screen adaptation of the acclaimed Japanese anime series Cowboy Bebop, which is set in 2071, 50 years after a massive lunar explosion decimated Earth's population and necessitated the colonization of the entire solar system.

Thanks to greater than usual logistical issues, an elite team of Old West-style bounty hunters, or cowboys, is needed to keep the peace.

Per the Hollywood Reporter, Reeves is attached to play Spike Siegel, a reformed criminal turned space cowboy and copilot of the Bebop, who, like a character from the actor's past, is well-versed in kung fu and other combat skills but is toting around quite a few personal demons.

No word yet on who's in line to play Spike's copilot, Jet Black, a onetime Inter-Solar System cop with a mechanical arm, but so far we're liking the whole Firefly-Battlestar Galactica-Bill & Ted vibe.

OH SNAP!
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#32 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

... I'm afraid of anticipating this film...

And if Naruto does go live-action (which it will eventually, sooner or later dry.gif ), the series has to end first.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#33 MagusKyros

MagusKyros

Hare Krsna!

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy

Posted 16 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

Ah, didn't realize there was already one.

But it's confirmed, Keanu Reeves is now Spike Spiegel.
A NaruSaku Manifesto - A presentation on the NaruSaku pairing using the manga.

#34 Kag19

Kag19

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:I have a degree in Film and TV and am working on obtaining a masters degree in screen writing. I spend most of my time reviewing scripts at work and at home. Yup, I'm the lucky person who gets to sort through all the submitted screenplays and ends up reading them and providing script coverage to the producers. I enjoy working in development but I hope one day to branch out and work in other areas of production. For example, post production, I love to edit films and I wouldn't mind working on set either. My ultimate goal is to one day become a producer/writer.

Posted 17 January 2009 - 05:04 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 16 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... I'm afraid of anticipating this film...

And if Naruto does go live-action (which it will eventually, sooner or later dry.gif ), the series has to end first.

sad.gif Viz has already said they are planning to make a live action Nauto film. We can at least be happy that VIZ media/entertainment company will be making the films instead of the huge Hollywood companies like WB, Paramount, FOX, etc who are only in it for the money. Viz knows what fans want. They are planning to work with the Japan to make the film successful. Hopefully, the films will come out somewhat tasteful.

In regards to Cowboy Bebop, I really hate the idea of Keanu Reeves playing the lead role. I love the actor but why can't they just hire an unknown actor who looks similar to the anime character. I blame it on the producers. rawr.gif

Oh well, hopefully I'll hear more about this film at work or from other friends.
Naruto Live action is here

#35 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:07 AM

Not only will Keanu play the big boy himself, but this movie is helmed by FOX?

*sob*

It's been what... 18 years since he went on his bogus journey? After Matrix, he's been Neo in every single movie he starred in. I've seen more lively people at the Roskilde festival, stoned out of their minds. Ay ay ay, this does not bode well.

After DBZ, I'll only let these guys live until they try getting their greasy fingers on the contract of a One Piece LA. That's when I'll pull on the Meanie-trousers |:| <- yeah that's right... return of the serious face! |X| <-Dead serious!

#36 Tsunade

Tsunade

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts
  • Interests:People.

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (SakuNaruLover @ Jul 23 2008, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sense failure a_shifty.gif

For once I'm gonna agree with you Danny.

But kitten! REEVES? I MEAN THEY LOOK THE SAME IF YOU SQUINT.....
Tsu.gif

#37 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

Do it Fox, Do it! :Spoon:

#38 Vyse

Vyse

Team F.U.T.A. Viking King

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts
  • Interests:My interests? Well, I do enjoy most manga and anime, but I think that's a given. I also enjoy comic books and videogames, so I guess I'm kinda geeky there. But hey, I do other stuff. I like to go out and party, but I do not like drinks served in a femvase (damn fruity stuff... ew), so good ol' beer is my mate. So yeah, I'm also a psychology student, so your mind interests me.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (True @ Jan 27 2009, 02:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that > Keanu Reeves rawr.gif

#39 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (True @ Jan 26 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Steven Segal is also nearly 60 years old, an ego maniac and a fatass. He'd be perfect for Spike. *Sarcasm*

uc.png

#40 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (UzumakiEdward85 @ Jan 26 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Steven Segal is also nearly 60 years old, an ego maniac and a fatass. He'd be perfect for Spike. *Sarcasm*

I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad as this now would it?
:Spoon:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users