154 replies to this topic

#141 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:26 PM

I don't know, man, Heisei Gamera is pretty serious.  They're doing another one in Japan, inspired by the Legendary reboot and its 50th anniversary is coming up.

Yeah, he's pretty serious. But he's a giant turtle that spins using turbos that shoot flame out of his shell. I loved the Heisei series but I don't think anyone stateside is going to think anything other than "capitalizing on TMNT."

Well, those two (Godzilla and Gamera) will face off.on Death Battle soon, so we could check that out while we wait for a Gamera movie.

Oh, and feedback: This movie was good. I personally liked it better than the 99-00 one.

You watch death battle too? I thought Gamera was a little too obvious, but hey, I always like the research they put into it. I wonder which Godzilla they'll be using in the battle. Obviously they'll be using Heisei Gamera.

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#142 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:46 PM

You watch death battle too? I thought Gamera was a little too obvious, but hey, I always like the research they put into it. I wonder which Godzilla they'll be using in the battle. Obviously they'll be using Heisei Gamera.

Well, they usually mix them all for other characters they use, so I'm guessing for both characters, they'll use a mix of Showa, Heisei, and Millenium for Godzilla and the same for Gamera.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 09 June 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#143 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

I wonder how will win the Death Battle between Godzilla and Gamera? They both have some pretty impressive stats, and it can go either way.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#144 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

I wonder how will win the Death Battle between Godzilla and Gamera? They both have some pretty impressive stats, and it can go either way.

Gamera's Mana Cannon'll probably be the deciding factor.  Godzilla can pretty much tank everything that Gamera can dish out, with Gamera being squishier.  Both beasts are also crafty fighters.  Godzilla's probably stronger, strength-wise, although Gamera's not weak himself.  However, if Godzilla can withstand Gamera's Mana Cannon, the match might go to him, barring anything else I'm mistaken about.

Oh and if they bring Super Godzilla into play......

#145 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Well, I remember watching Gamera 2: Advent Of Legion, it took him a bit of time to charge his mana cannon while Godzilla easily shoots off his spiral ray with ease. If he can manage to hit Gamera there, it could spell the end for him.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#146 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

Well, I remember watching Gamera 2: Advent Of Legion, it took him a bit of time to charge his mana cannon while Godzilla easily shoots off his spiral ray with ease. If he can manage to hit Gamera there, it could spell the end for him.

While Gamera may seem to take damage easier, that might have more to do with the destructive power or concentration of his enemies' weapons. Again, I love the scientific research this team shows in their preparation for the outcome of the battles. We'll have to wait and see. I'm personally cheering for Godzilla, but will not be disappointed if the research given is sufficient (much like the Superman vs Goku one -- while the data used for determining Goku's power is contestable, it's still illustrated the basic distance in power level between the two, and I can appreciate the transparency of them telling us what conjectures they made with what little information the manga provided to determine Goku's capabilities).

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#147 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:54 AM

Yeah, as long as the research is sound, I'd accept it....  In fact, I sorta really don't care who wins. I know the fight is awesome.

Although, they might sidestep the issue entirely and have King Ghidorah and Gyaos interfere, leading to a 2 v 2 fight.

#148 dylanrivers10000

dylanrivers10000

Blow this up like pyromania-def leppard

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Location:on the moon shadow and i blew up the earth, now along side the ENTIRE CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE, and the A-TEAM
  • Interests:proving people that being stereotypical about me and bashing me is impolite, and is just rude!!!

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

horrible

Neil-Young-Rockin-In-The-Fre-101219.jpg

#149 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:25 AM

horrible

What was?

eh10ut.jpg

#150 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

So the big announcement at Comic Con for Godzilla 2 was the addition of Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah! Wow. I thought they'd only introduce a second one, but I guess they're going the way of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and just tossing in as much as they can to get better returns? 

While I enjoyed Edwards' take on Godzilla, I'd rather not wait until he's done with the Star Wars spin-off in 2016 to have them start rolling on Godzilla 2, and I think according to box office receipts it'd probably be better to get another Godzilla in sooner while there's still talk off Godzilla. 

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#151 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:12 AM

So the big announcement at Comic Con for Godzilla 2 was the addition of Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah! Wow. I thought they'd only introduce a second one, but I guess they're going the way of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and just tossing in as much as they can to get better returns? 

While I enjoyed Edwards' take on Godzilla, I'd rather not wait until he's done with the Star Wars spin-off in 2016 to have them start rolling on Godzilla 2, and I think according to box office receipts it'd probably be better to get another Godzilla in sooner while there's still talk off Godzilla. 

I agree that it is important to get the movie out while its still in the public eye, but then again, The Dark Knight came out about three years after Batman Begins and had its major success. 

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#152 chouzu_tao

chouzu_tao

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:24 AM

I agree that it is important to get the movie out while its still in the public eye, but then again, The Dark Knight came out about three years after Batman Begins and had its major success. 

Yeah, but Godzilla's initial success (especially initially) came from their PR team and it had a huge drop off the next weekend. I believe Batman Begins' buzz was more positive and that Batman is a much more popular character in the US than Godzilla.  

ChouzuGoCrazy.jpg

#153 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

They never really specified if all 3 monsters will appear in Godzilla 2, just that Mothers, Rod an, and King Ghidorah will appear in the sequels. Don't forget, 2 and 3 have already been announced as a thing.

#154 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

They never really specified if all 3 monsters will appear in Godzilla 2, just that Mothers, Rod an, and King Ghidorah will appear in the sequels. Don't forget, 2 and 3 have already been announced as a thing.

No the context is that they will appear in the sequel

the more likely scenario is that this is a remake of "Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster" which is one of the best Toho movies (Mothra, Rodan and Godzilla all teaming up to fight KG)

It also makes sense this way, save the Final Villain slot for someone who actually deserves it. I love KG I really do, but he is to Godzilla what Lex Luthor is to Superman his arch nemesis but there are way bigger threats out there.

eh10ut.jpg

#155 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:49 AM

Hope they so someday make Mechagodzilla. He was my favorite Godzilla villain.

Edited by NaruSaku fan in Kentucky, 06 August 2014 - 01:12 AM.

509356167_759751.gif?4

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Godzilla, LegendaryPictures, Reboot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users