IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Naruto-Manga-Volume-69.jpg

Probably the most anticipated cover everyone's been waiting to see for Naruto, and well... :ermm:  

Edited by LuckyChi7, 08 May 2014 - 04:16 PM.

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#2 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

Yeah I'll say

Madara looks pretty pathetic in the background there :confused:

eh10ut.jpg

#3 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:12 PM

Madara's face is not coloured? Why, what effect does that add? eh..

ナルサク

#4 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:16 PM

The Madara part seems weird...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#5 Rakshasa

Rakshasa

Shadow Dancer

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

is it 100% official? Madara`s part looks inserted into a cover =\

Edited by Rakshasa, 22 April 2014 - 02:24 PM.

6c8623224615.gif     

#6 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:35 PM

It is. I saw the original, he is not tthere

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#7 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

This makes no sense?? Might dai wasn't even included in that volume and Gai didn't open the gate in this volume either.....this literally makes no sense....

Edited by arian_rad, 22 April 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#8 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

In the beginning that cover made no sense to me since the volume was supposed to end in 667, and Maito Dai along with the release of the 8th gate didn't happen until the very next chapters, but later I realized what was happening.

There have been certain volumes that Kishimoto has made extra long since he couldn't fit everything that he wanted in only 10 chapters. This is one of those cases. My guess is that this volume will contain 12 chapters (658-669) instead of the usual 10, and if that's the case the volume cover does make sense since Maito Dai and the 8th gate reveal are done in the last 2 chapters. And then the volume ends with Naruto waking up which serves as it's cliffhanger.

I do like the cover but making it all about Gai seems out of place. Madara becoming the juubi jinchuriki with Naruto and Sasuke dying seem like way bigger themes. I'm not saying Gai shouldn't have appeared, just that it should've been on a smaller scale.

#9 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

Eh its not bad, seems odd with Dai there, but maybe it would have been better with just Guy? Eh it still makes sense but it wasn't the exact climax of the volume, the stuff with the 8 gates actually doesn't start until the current volume.

Well next cover will be something with Naruto and Sasuke obviously and their powers, also hagoromo should be on the cover too.

Edited by Inferno180, 22 April 2014 - 03:20 PM.

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#10 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:33 PM

low resolution but correct picture of volume 69

Naruto-Manga-Volume-69.jpg

i thought it's kakashi at the back.

Edited by Hanabi, 22 April 2014 - 03:34 PM.

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#11 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

Its only unusual to me because, well Dai doesn't even appear in volume 69, he appears first in 70 where we are right now. So it is unusual that this is the cover given its rather a preview of whats to come, not what actually happens in that set of 10 chapters, unless its more than 10 chapters than that makes sense but otherwise its well off.

I mean the span of 658 to 667 was Madara comes back, solos the tailed beasts, naruto loses kurama, he gets well 6 chapters later, the whole set was a dramatic or almost hopeless arc where it seemed like madara would win, the heroes would die, etc. Then the stuff with Obito came to turn on Madara and side with the heroes.

I was expecting Obito as the cover front or Madara as the ten tails host but yeah, I mean the cover is very very detailed but its just, off considering the stuff guy does there its part of the first half of the current volume while the second half, or climax is well around the battle against madara.

I mean the other past volumes usually focus on a climax or major event, neji's death, the revival of the hokages (happened early but vol 65 by all means was a history arc), vol 66 with the reunion of team 7/ start of the new sannin, vol 67 with naruto and minato fighting side by side, and vol 68 with naruto defeating but also making Obito come around. This one is well, not showing anything in the volume, thats why its an oddity. It would have been better for volume 70 but thats most likely going to be something with naruto and sasuke and hagoromo since this was put on vol 69 despite it not happening.

#12 Gojira

Gojira

Kyuubi

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:25 PM

I like the fan made one a lot better because this one doesn't fit at all...

especially considering the volume ends before Gai goes 8 gates, or we see Dai or Naruto wakes up in purgatory

I just think Kishi was so caught up writing the manga that he made a volume for the current chapters rather than the this volume by mistake that's the only real reason I can think of.

And ofcourse here come the NH fans saying that its NH is canon because
"hand holding>>CPR cause it was on the cover therefore Kishi is gonna make it canon!"

Edited by Pepsi, 22 April 2014 - 04:27 PM.

eh10ut.jpg

#13 Hiraishin

Hiraishin

infinite

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

Yeah... I'm with those who think this cover doesn't make much sense. Dai doesn't even show up until 668, unless he adds that chapter in this volume. But it doesn't seem right that Madara isn't even on the cover. He became the new juubi jinchuuriki, and nearly killed the two main characters... It's not a bad cover but if anything it should have been for volume 70, I think.

Edited by Hiraishin, 22 April 2014 - 04:41 PM.

narusaku_ss_by_Cynthi.jpg

#14 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:43 PM

Dang it no NaruSaku & SasuKarin. Oh well Gai and Lee get a cover and I don't think they have been on a cover together since volume 10. Perhaps Mr Kishi decided not to spoil those shipping moments on the cover.

#15 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Generally covers used to follow something based on new characters showing up, some event, or just misc stuff.

Like the earliest had some of the antagonists at the time (like haku and zabuza) or new characters (like when teams 10 and 8 were first introduced). Some were misc (like the students to master deal with hiruzen to jiriaya to minato to kakashi to naruto. Others had certain fights for the time like in the chunin exams arc, one cover had sakura and ino (as they had a fight) another one had Naruto and Neji.

The early part 2 volumes had some for reintroducing the teams or otherwise a coming event in the span of chapters (it wasnt always 10 like it is currently). There have been others that had nothing to do with an event in the set of chapters though like vol 44, the cover is naruto with his toad summons, though in this period he was only offered to learn sage training, he didnt do it yet. There was no major event involving the toads, neither those 2 themselves at least.

But they are just covers, they show stuff cause well, books need covers to show stuff.

But on those that still think of vol 64 as NH canon, well, again, as that volume did with the new opening and ending in the anime too, for it being important just cause its on these, the manga hasn't really gone forward with this huge moment and yet its still a huge irony of what actually happened beyond it and how theres been stuff giving more evidence for NS, theres a difference between new moments and reiterating a moment and thats all the cover and opening/ending do. Just because its presented again and again on some cover isn't stating its importance to the story, its if its reintroduced in some meaingful or significant way in the story itself that stands to make something important. I mean covers make NH canon but the simple connection of a past event like Kushinas last words to naruto and what Minato asked him and said after seeing sakura is completely illogical and far out there, despite this short meeting being the only notable continuation of that Kushina foreshadow event. It didn't get a cover so I guess that makes it unimportant yet just showing the same cover again and again depsite the manga doing nothing so far with 615s related to hinata or naruto's thoughts to her is canon. I mean its obviously romantic, not about neji. Despite what the manga did with the moment focusing more on neji's sacrifice its the hand holding thats more important.

Thats the idea of it, but again theres a difference between a reiteration of a moment from the story and what the manga actually did with it, and so far it hasn't focused in any real way on Hinata beyond just 633 which she even again stated stuff we know 500 times over by now.

Really its if this cover actually had Sakura giving naruto CPR, you could only imagine the backlash that would have occurred, the NH fandom would have been overzealous right now because of it would be a backlash again of how something they went on would have been completely turned around, it would be like how many changed their minds suddenly on following the kushina stuff pre 631 or more crazy arguments would have been bred. I think its fine they didn't put Sakrua doing CPR even though that was a moment for her to naruto (well it was mainly the memories that made the moment, not the CPR). its just in the pairing war aspect of this fandom, some fans just resort to whatever they see that conforms to their view to use as evidence, even if its a cover to a volume or a side mission in a videogame. I mean maybe this is why we don't make as much of a fuss in the long run with things, we have a lot of stuff just by the manga, everything non-manga based is just an addition or extra we can enjoy like RtN, the 2011 Ova, other NS based stuff in the other media, its not adding proof, its just we have a lot to work with already there are many other ways NS can come just from looking at the manga itself.

Edited by Inferno180, 22 April 2014 - 05:38 PM.

#16 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:03 PM

Why on earth are people still confused about the cover? I already explained it above.

Read, people.

#17 arian_rad

arian_rad

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Soccer, Volleyball, any sport other than tennis... Reading, Writing, Percy Jackson, Naruto, NaruSaku, Video Games, Physics and Engineering.

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

Why on earth are people still confused about the cover? I already explained it above.

Read, people.

We don't know if that information is true for sure and even if we did... The focus of the cover still makes no sense and should've been different. It just seems like kishi got so caught up in himself that he did a cover for the current volume to me.

#18 六道仙人

六道仙人

レヴィ 好き

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:14 PM

sorry but reddragon is right here... As I have already explained it in debate thread, this new volume 69 is longer than the other volumes. So this means that it will have one more chapter than usual volumes.

Example

NARUTO―ナルト―  67,192ページ  (192 pages)

NARUTO―ナルト―  68,192ページ  (192 pages)

NARUTO―ナルト―  69, 208ページ (208 pages)

You can see clearly the big difference ubove. The vol 69 has 16 page more than the previous volumes, so it has more chapters. But this doesn't change much, there's more gai than Narusaku/SasuKarin in this volume.

は天才バスケットマン桜木花道。

"I'm the Basketball genius, Hanamichi Sakuragi"

uvoJkhc.png

#19 Heartsbattle

Heartsbattle

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku...duh, Game of Thrones, DISNEYLAND!!!

And some other stuff...

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

I happen to really like the cover. It's nice to see some of the spotlight go around. And it helps put more emphasis on what Gai was doing. I also like the fact that they put Might Dai and Rock Lee there too.

I think it has to do with the ninja way being passed down from one to the other. We basically have three generations of a ninja way right next to each other. It's a really touching cover in my opinion.

And I think the hint of Naruto in the background is nice too! I mean he basically comes out of nowhere at the end so it is fitting to have him in the background.

I'm not sure about the entire chapters thing... I mean I don't follow the release of the books so I don't know what chapters go to what volumes, but even if it isn't a 12 chapter volume like some are saying it might be, I still really like this cover.

#20 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:22 PM

We don't know if that information is true for sure and even if we did... The focus of the cover still makes no sense and should've been different. It just seems like kishi got so caught up in himself that he did a cover for the current volume to me.

Kishi might make mistakes from time to time but he's not that stupid, and even if he was it's obvious that someone else would notice that he's not drawing something related to the volume. Kishi doesn't work by himself, he works for Shonen Jump.

sorry but reddragon is right here... As I have already explained it in debate thread, this new volume 69 is longer than the other volumes. So this means that it will have one more chapter than usual volumes.

Example

NARUTO―ナルト―  67,192ページ  (192 pages)

NARUTO―ナルト―  68,192ページ  (192 pages)

NARUTO―ナルト―  69, 208ページ (208 pages)

You can see clearly the big difference ubove. The vol 69 has 16 page more than the previous volumes, so it has more chapters. But this doesn't change much, there's more gai than Narusaku/SasuKarin in this volume.

Thank you for further clarifying what I suspected. So this volume will have 11 chapters. I actually thought that it would be 12 chapters and the cliffhanger of the volume would be Naruto waking up.

@Heartsbattle

Although it wouldn't have been my first choice I also like the volume cover.

3 generations of the power of youth: Dai - Gai - Lee

Edited by redragon88, 22 April 2014 - 06:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users