26986 replies to this topic

#26981 jak123

jak123

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted Today, 07:02 PM

Shounen jump celebrating 50 years of heroines. I wish salad wasn't there.

iuu5yysg9pn11.jpg

But I've been told that Sakura wasn't the heroine of Naruto. Even though she clearly was.

Also, it sucks to see what happened to Rukia when she clearly was the heroine of Bleach. Became a useless side character who married one of the most annoying characters in the entire series. 

Edited by jak123, Today, 07:03 PM.

#26982 DrK

DrK

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted Today, 07:13 PM

It says a lot that that's the art for Sakura that they went with. Like looking at the art for Nami and Bulma etc you really get a lot from their character out of it. The facial expression and the lines etc. Whoever chose it obviously didn't really like her that much (not that anyone could blame them for that now.)

That shot is so generic. I don't even know where it's from, since she has the seal but she's not wearing her war arc outfit. It's really bland and it doesn't say anything about her. Which makes a lot of sense because her positive traits were surgically removed so that they could ruin the franchise and make less money.

And once again Sarada doesn't look like her. She looks like Fem Sasuke. If you showed this cover to anyone what would they say if you asked them if those two were mother and daughter?

Edited by DrK, Today, 07:18 PM.

#26983 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted Today, 07:43 PM

Shounen jump celebrating 50 years of heroines. I wish salad wasn't there.

iuu5yysg9pn11.jpg

I thought Hinata was the 'true heroine'.

Oh wait.  :fu:

Salad really doesn't belong there.

Oh hey, there's a lack of Rosario+Vampire... :umm:

Edited by Moon_Girl, Today, 07:46 PM.

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#26984 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted Today, 07:46 PM

But I've been told that Sakura wasn't the heroine of Naruto. Even though she clearly was.

Also, it sucks to see what happened to Rukia when she clearly was the heroine of Bleach. Became a useless side character who married one of the most annoying characters in the entire series. 

She was for 15 years, and beyond some schemes from SP she remained so; especially in the eyes of the readers in Japan.

Kubo stated several times long before the ending Ichigo, and Rukia relationship wasn't romantic. It was also clear that IO, and RR were the intended pairings. Their a difference between a last minute change that destroys the story, and an intended pairing that you don't like.

It says a lot that that's the art for Sakura that they went with. Like looking at the art for Nami and Bulma etc you really get a lot from their character out of it. The facial expression and the lines etc. Whoever chose it obviously didn't really like her that much (not that anyone could blame them for that now.)

That shot is so generic. I don't even know where it's from, since she has the seal but she's not wearing her war arc outfit. It's really bland and it doesn't say anything about her. Which makes a lot of sense because her positive traits were surgically removed so that they could ruin the franchise and make less money.

And once again Sarada doesn't look like her. She looks like Fem Sasuke. If you showed this cover to anyone what would they say if you asked them if those two were mother and daughter?

It looks like most of those images are from cover art (I even recognize a few)...But it is actually shocking how low quality Sakura's image is compared to the rest. She actually become the character that your eye is drawn to because of it. The rest sort of blend in together if you look at them long enough.

It honestly look like they took her iconic pose from part 2 where she putting the gloves on, added her diamond seal, and then colored it. Looks like the did the same to Bulma, the taking a page image and coloring it, or that from a cover who knows?

You can only really dress her like Sakura which kishimoto did by the gaiden to address the complaint that she looks nothing like her mother, but you are right she is SK's daughter that was turned into a SS's daughter at the last minute.

I thought Hinata was the 'true heroine'.

Oh wait.  :fu:

Only from the ending to the last...a time that Shounen jump wants everyone to forget about.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, Today, 08:17 PM.

#26985 hisaberpie

hisaberpie

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted Today, 07:53 PM

I agree with you. Salad looks like shes from a whole other manga.

#26986 Yyubie

Yyubie

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted Today, 08:02 PM

Agreed with DrK , and pretty much everyone. The first thing i immediately do when i saw that cover is searching for Hinata ... weird right? but it's what i feel , because they said Hinata is the new heroine replacing Sakura , but where is she?.

And looking at Bulma and Rukia , they were both drawn with their "NEWEST" model , that Bulma is from Dragon Ball Super , and that Rukia is from the last arc (Quinshi invasion arc before the last chapter). But why they didn't use Sakura from the newest model in the Boruto anime or from the Gaiden? why they still using Sakura from Shippuden? :confused:

And about Salad .... well i have nothing to say except she's just a waste of space. They should put Lucy or maybe Asuka (i mean they put Anzu from yugioh season 1 why not add another one?).

tumblr_nexjjgShiv1rz4qnxo1_500.gif
An out of control man needs a strong woman to control him.
And even a violent woman will become soft and tender to the man she love.

#26987 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,623 posts

Posted Today, 10:52 PM

Hinata is the heroine for SP, but not because she's heroine material, but because they fantasize about her and being with her along with her fanbase.

Posted Image

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users