Yakatsu

Sun Tzu said whaaaaaaaaat?

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Interests:Your mother.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:23 AM

[The name's fictional you know.]

OOC notes : Pretty much everyone who's affiliated to the Ishida House can start here. Outsiders must send messengers or simply drop in uninvited. Aggression can result in your fall. Be wary of what you say.

----

The sound of strings being plucked in a harmonious tone could be heard from the main room, the master's room, the daimyo's chambers and what other names the servants and retainers call it. Most of the time, the only thing that came out of room was music. Pure and simple music. When his men were inside that room, discussion in a calm manner would arise. Yet for now, the biwa was the only thing doing the talk. Nothing more. Nothing less. " I miss the times I visited Yakushima...such a beautiful place... " The music made his whispers silent. The castle's noises of servants talking to each other, the fear of war to invade Akita, everything that was in the mind of a 25-year old man seemed to disappear.

Until, like a wave, reality hit him.

Lowering his biwa, Hideaki sighed. " Genji. " He summoned his faithful retainer, mostly important. His friend. The young man's robes seemed falling down, due to the weight of the instrument he carried and played, quickly it was arranged, by placing the biwa gently next to him and making sure those damn robes didn't fall down.

#2 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. >:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:54 AM

Genji stood before his friend and master. "Yes, Mi'Lord? You have summoned me?" he said with a bow. The heavily armored samurai stood again peering out at Hideaki behind the mask that covered his face.

Edited by ForgottenBushido, 26 October 2009 - 02:55 AM.

#3 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 02:57 AM

Hideaki looked at the young man. " Good afternoon, is today the weekly meeting? I know it's either today or tomorrow...but...I dunno. My mind is somewhere else. The death of lord Nobunaga slightly makes me confused. " The Akita daimyo sighed.

" ...I think Bishamonten calls for me to bring this land to ultimate peace. "

The young man laughed lightly. " .....or simply my lust for power and my ambition are making me blind. " Hideaki looked at Genji. " Alright, enough of idle talk. Can you answer my question? " He asked placing a hand on the biwa's cords.

#4 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Animation, and Graphic design, Photoshop CS3/4, Drawing, Character design. Gaming, Movies, and Girls. >:3 Verry much Girls.

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:09 AM

"The meeting is tonight, in a few hours. Would you like me to summon the council?" Genji asks calmly.

Genji never cared much for the council, he'd much rather Hideaki make his own decisions. Asking a bunch of old men whether or not to make the tea in the all the bath houses lemon flavored or not is ridiculous. Now if we were to go to war, He would much rather leave the big decisions to the old men and go fight on the battlefield where he felt he ought to belong.

Genji shook his head and waited patiently for his reply.

#5 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:15 AM

Hideaki punched the biwa strongly making a motion of notes explode in the air.

" Summon the council, the retainers, the scouts, the spies and their wives if needed to. Go Genji, I shall await further news. But for now...Bishamonten calls my name. "

He chanted as he looked at the biwa he abused, a few of the strings broken at the power of that punch, apparently cast by his unconsciousness, his struggle in the midst of a chaotic time...only to be spewed by more chaos. In his mind there was no Bishamonten calling. Only his lust for more. His heart was slowly losing it's grip, letting his brain and blade do the talking. Getting up, Hideaki picked up a bottle of sake and began to drink it. In small chugs of course, the young daimyo was a rather responsible young man.

#6 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 03:27 AM

"As you command, sire." he said as he bowed and took his leave.

--

Genji returned to not long after with news of the assemblage. He pushed the doorman aside and opened the door to Hideaki's quarters slowly, cracking the door, as not to bust in on something he didn't need or want to see. "Hedeaki-san, The nobles are waiting in the conference hall, I shall await you there." Genji backed away from the door and walked slowly, taking his time. He knew Hideaki would take his, so Genji made no manner of effort to arrive quickly....Arriving he placed his hand on the door latch and slid it open and stepped inside quietly, taking his seat at the far end of the table. "His Lordship shall be here soon, please wait here until he arrives." he says reservedly. While they waited, the house maidens served tea, and grilled snacks to please the guests...

#7 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 01:06 PM

He was going to take his own time. Lyke a bouss

Hideaki was drinking the sake, staring at a wall, aside his biwa, with it's strings now broken due to his awkward fit of rage. The young daimyo simply sighed. Another issue he placed himself in. He tensed up at the prospect of winning everything or lose everything.

A gamble that he had no chance of winning, but that wasn't the issue. The issue was, the gamble isn't just about him. It's about the people who like him or simply live on his lands and live there as a community, they'll be dragged to war and a lot of people will die.

But somehow, his greed with power was slowly taking over his brain. Little by little. War was necessary to eradicate this issue no? Nobunaga did so. The Toyotomi are making sure that's the solution. All the clans in Japan were ready to go at each other's throats or die trying. Akita wouldn't be wild card that simply stood in defence.

Hideaki grinned as he whispered...

" Bishamonten for now owns Japan. But quickly I shall join him in the throne of jade and blood. Even if that costs my life. "

#8 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:17 PM

Hanami came out of her room to get her afternoon tea for the day, when she passed by the quarters of her brother. She knew that he was busy, especially with a meeting coming up, but he was playing his biwa again. And, she just wanted to listen, even for a bit, so she stood there by the door, absorbing the melancholic notes silently.

"Niisan, you play so well ... just like how you used to before Father ... passed away."

The sound of footsteps echoed throughout the room, and Hanami turned around, seeing Genji walking towards the room, probably being summoned again by her brother. A small greeting was given to him, before she rushed towards the kitchen to make some tea for her brother as a sign of appreciation for his hard work.

"Ne, ne, Kaku-san, I'll be the one to make Hideaki-niisan his tea, then I'll give it to him later, alright?"

"But, Hanami-hime, Daimyo-sama prefers ... sake."

"At this time of day?"

"Y-Yes, Hime."

"Niisan, what happened to you?" she said quietly to herself. She then took the tea she just made, with a little help from Kaku, and made her way to her former location.

Hanami hesitated before the door, heaving a big breath, then silently opening the door to the Daimyo's chambers. She looked at her brother, who remained emotionless as always.

"Hideaki-niisan, would you like some tea? I made it for you. Uhm, I just wanted to thank you for always doing a good, no, great job!"

---

Edited by Shadowmoon~, 14 November 2009 - 12:49 PM.

#9 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 02:39 PM

Hideaki stopped drinking and lowered the bottle slowly as he turned to his sister. The silence between them seemed to be high until the daimyo spoke a few words.

" Sit down. "

The young man spoke as he placed the bottle on a small table and sat on the other side of it, pointing on the other side. His hands dragged the biwa close to them, without any care and quickly Hideaki began to look at the biwa. " Father liked the biwa didn't he? "

The young man simply sighed as he gotten up and walked to a close fashioned thing, as retrieved a small box made of leather. Sitting again in the same spot, the daimyo began to fiddle with the biwa, replacing the broken cords with the new ones, doing so with some craftsmanship. A minute later, the biwa was back in business. Quickly, to replace the awkward silence, the young man began to play the instrument.

He didn't spoke a single word. He just played the instrument with the best of intentions.

#10 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:05 PM

"Eh?"

Hanami then stood quietly, staring at her brother, before a wave of realization hit her, and she sat down. She hated that awkward silence that passed between them. Hated it so much.

She watched as her brother place the sake bottle down to the table, much to her relief, and simply smiled at her brother's words. She observed him thoughtfully when he held the biwa tenderly, like a fragile piece of glass which could break any moment, and when he began fiddling with the instrument, Hanami could only think of her excitement. Was he really going to play? Right now?

"Just like how you used to play for Father and me, huh, Niisan."

Once it was fixed, she closed her eyes, and listened as Hideaki started playing with the biwa, the notes threatening to pierce her soul. This simple act had definitely brightened her day, erasing all the pain she contained within herself. Doing her perfunctory duties everyday bored her completely, and she just wanted something as simple as this ; her brother playing with all his heart, and she, listening to him like her ears would burst at any moment. She tried memorizing each note, and catching the emotions her brother tried to release through his music. He was the maestro for the moment, and she just sighed happily.

Unknown to her, a few tears escaped from her eyes, glistening brightly before finally hitting the ground.

#11 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

The young man simply went to the ending of the song and sadly to the ending of it. " ....I apologize. I have to go now. " He chanted as he placed the biwa on the ground and walked off, stopping to put his hand on top of his sister's head.

" Don't cry Hanami. Father wouldn't be glad. "

With that, the daimyo walked off to the meeting. Finally.

#12 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:58 PM

Genji sat and watched patiently, as the other noble lords, and members of the Daimyo's upper echelon had become bored waiting, and started playing drinking games. The room had become quite a spectacle! What with Lord Keitaro standing on the table playing a one of the geisha's biwa horridly as the others cheered and watched in a drunken stupor. Genji had had just about enough of these shenanigans as the Daimyo finally entered.

#13 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:39 PM

" Who ever is butchering that biwa will be cut down at this precise moment. " The lord entered growling. " I see that taking care of personal matters gives you all the permission to utilize the meeting room like it was a brothel of bad music and common vices?! " Hideaki's eyes shifted into a glare of scare. " My lord Keitaro. Next time you bring an instrument into the room, you better know how to use it. Or else. " With that the young man sat down. " Give me a status report on everything in the land of Akita before we begin this meeting, Genji close the doors. I wish no one but the men and women present in this room to know what I'm about to say. " The young man hide his grin with a fake cough and a hand covering his face. " After I get the information I require of course. " He spoke slowly.

#14 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:44 PM

"Yes mi'Lord." Genji then did as he was asked and then took his place again at the end of the table.

#15 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:17 AM

Once the information was given and picked up in forms of paper, Hideaki sighed. " Gentlemen. Ladies. " The young daimyo got up, as the robes of nobility fell down. " Nobunaga is dead. Hideyoshi is moving in. There's factions of people who are fighting, small villages, big cities, the Hojo, the Shibata! " The young man turned. " Tell me....why is Akita...why isn't the Ishida house. Why isn't our houses together fighting to put an end to this chaos? "

Hideaki bashed his fist in the table five times, all of them with fury.

" I'm fed up of playing in the defensive. I'm fed up of praying to Bishamonten for him to reap our souls! I want the blood of my opponents to be drenched in the battlefield! I want our banners in every castle. Every wall of this filthy land. "

The young man's fist was shaking as if complaining of the abuse.

" I'm fed up of being the son of Hidekatsu. I'm fed up of being a nameless nobleman. I'm fed up of being known for being a musician. I want to be feared. I want my opponents to look at me, swallow their fears and breath out death. Mostly important... "

Hideaki picked up Lord's Keitaro's biwa and broke it with his knee, snapping it in half, cords, wood, everything.

" I want Japan. "

He whispered those words out as the young man threw the debris behind him.

" The only thing that surpasses my anger? My will to eliminate obstacles. And if you're an obstacle? Ally..or foe.... You'll be hanged. "

Hideaki sat down yet again and began to laugh lightly. " And for those who are confused? We're going to war. Peasants have two choices. Leave a mark in history and be heroes or die for their lord...or live in silence. I'd prefer the first, other then some petty life of nonsense and false-feudal-worshipping. " He then placed his feet on the table and awaited for everyone to speak.

" Opinions. Now. "

#16 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:36 AM

"Now we're getting somewhere!" Genji thought to himself. He smiled as he listened to his Lord's call to arms. When Hideaki was finished he decided he'd sit quietly until the others had spoken.

"To WAR?!" Nobutada exclaimed!

"Preposterous!" another noble shouted. "We ave all we need do we not!?"

Genji's eyes floated over to Ibuki watching waiting to see if she had anything to say. Ibuki sat silently with a smirk on her face. She caught Genji's glance and smiled. "Yes, to war!" she said. "My Lord, send Genji and I to battle, and We shall bring Japan to you on a silver platter!" Ibuki boasted. To this Genji didn't have much to say but; "Of course..." he added. The other nobles and generals had slowly began to quiet down, as they looked to Genji for his opinion on this matter.

"It doesn't matter what I think. I am the Daimyo's hand in the field of honor and will do as he directs. If HE wishes to send me to fight, and die then It is my wish to do as he directs."

The low toned grumbles amongst the other memebers there, had come to a vote. "Yes, what Genji-san says is true." "To war!" they exclaimed in unison.

#17 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:23 AM

The door suddenly slid open with a loud bang, in danger of being broken. A young girl of 17 burst through, out of breath. "I apologize for my late arrival, milord." She bowed, waiting a few moments before daring to look up. She had a slightly rounded face, making her look a little younger than she actually was. A hand rested on her chest, just below her collarbone, clad in fingerless gloves. She wore a kunoichi's attire. Haruka was her name.

"... What is this I hear of war?"

#18 ForgottenBushido

ForgottenBushido

The Pirate King.

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:25 AM

Genji looked at Haruka not shocked at all by her late appearance. "Stupid girl." He huffed and crossed his arms and looked away.

#19 Yakatsu

Yakatsu

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:29 AM

" Genji keep it down will you. We're all allies in this. " He chanted as he grabbed Haruka's shoulder and tapped it lightly before letting it go. " Don't be late again, ninja. Your kind is hard to find. But with the scent of gold all of them come to me like rats to cheese. So mind yourself, Haruka. I like you as a employer can love his employee. But don't get too carried away. I'm always looking forward to diminish the cost of food about the castle. " The daimyo chanted those words as he walked off back to his seat.

" So. No objections about the war? " He chanted as he looked at the broken biwa scattered around the floor.

" And can someone pick up the scraps of lord Kentaro's biwa? "

#20 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:02 AM

Haruka glared at Genji and opened her mouth to argue, when the tap on her shoulder cut her off, as well as the light scolding. It wasn't really anything ever new. She frowned for a moment, then sighed. "I'll keep that in mind, milord. I once again apologize." Granted, it wasn't as if she herself minded being late. Especially since lately, half of the meeting was Hideaki ranting about... Something, while destroying or abusing some sort of furniture or equipment.

That poor biwa..

She looked around the room, sharp eyes taking in the environment. Some of the nobles seemed unsure about the aspect of going to war, but not sure enough in their conviction to speak against Hideaki. A few others seemed either excited, or in agreement.

Haruka herself? Was in agreement as well. "Not like the entire country isn't at war or anything..." She mutters sarcastically under her breath, taking to simply leaning against a wall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users