Close
Photo

Here Comes No. 5 for Street Fighter! (PS4 and PC Only in 2016)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:48 AM

Don't worry. Capcom just announced about the retro looks for the characters that has changes will be coming, probably as DLC or unlockables (doubt it).

Well Japanese Devs do seem to love throwing in loads of DLC costumes so who knows....I was going to pick up DOA5 on the PS4 the other day and then looked at all the DLC costumes for it and I ran a mile..I think the costumes alone would cost another £100+. It's part of a different society, in Japan DLC like that is accepted, here in the west we seem to have a bigger issue, though there are probably still plenty willing to pay for it so they still keep on doing it.

Where before we got unlockables for reaching milestones, we now get achievement points and tropheys that do nothing except give you bragging rights. I miss the old days.

iAnby7W.gif

#42 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:25 AM

Well Japanese Devs do seem to love throwing in loads of DLC costumes so who knows....I was going to pick up DOA5 on the PS4 the other day and then looked at all the DLC costumes for it and I ran a mile..I think the costumes alone would cost another £100+. It's part of a different society, in Japan DLC like that is accepted, here in the west we seem to have a bigger issue, though there are probably still plenty willing to pay for it so they still keep on doing it.

Where before we got unlockables for reaching milestones, we now get achievement points and tropheys that do nothing except give you bragging rights. I miss the old days.

Oh I feel the same way too. People today are just lazy because they complained, "I want all the characters available on the go." or such and such. Fighting games especially. They don't want to do the work. Hell, Capcom did it with SF4 and people complained about the unlocking characters bit when the game came out for consoles. It made me facepalmed. You see why games like Smash 4 work and critics love it. Brings replay ability and value.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#43 racerxdsr

racerxdsr

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:25 AM

So just pre-ordered SF5 and waiting for my beta code around 7-20-2015.  Did anyone pre-order yet?  Charlie looks sweet with possible cross-ups and stuff.  He doesn't play like Guile at all.  Beta will only be for 5 days or so and will only be only to test the online play but we'll see.  Just wondering if anyone else is gonna play the beta.

#44 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

So just pre-ordered SF5 and waiting for my beta code around 7-20-2015.  Did anyone pre-order yet?  Charlie looks sweet with possible cross-ups and stuff.  He doesn't play like Guile at all.  Beta will only be for 5 days or so and will only be only to test the online play but we'll see.  Just wondering if anyone else is gonna play the beta.

This past few years has taught me, not to pre-order games, giving developers your money before they give you the finished product has made them sloppy. If more of us stood firm and not pre-order maybe developers will release less buggy games, I'm getting tired of reading that a  game will have 15GB day one patch, that's not a patch, that's entire portions of the game replaced. There was a time when ppre-orders made sense as there genuinely was a time when if you didn't you won't get the game on release date, but that hasn't been the case for years now.

The only games I would be OK with pre-ordering would be those already released in other regions and confirmed to be working well....which means I should cancel my Tales of Zesteria pre-order as it's only been released on the PS3 and not the PS4.

I can understand wanting to pre-order the game, I've been a massive fan of the series for over 25 years, but i'm holding out, specially after the botch up that was the PS4 version of SSF4:AE. Capcom went from my favourite developer of all time to almost hating them this past console cycle.

iAnby7W.gif

#45 racerxdsr

racerxdsr

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

This past few years has taught me, not to pre-order games, giving developers your money before they give you the finished product has made them sloppy. If more of us stood firm and not pre-order maybe developers will release less buggy games, I'm getting tired of reading that a  game will have 15GB day one patch, that's not a patch, that's entire portions of the game replaced. There was a time when ppre-orders made sense as there genuinely was a time when if you didn't you won't get the game on release date, but that hasn't been the case for years now.

The only games I would be OK with pre-ordering would be those already released in other regions and confirmed to be working well....which means I should cancel my Tales of Zesteria pre-order as it's only been released on the PS3 and not the PS4.

I can understand wanting to pre-order the game, I've been a massive fan of the series for over 25 years, but i'm holding out, specially after the botch up that was the PS4 version of SSF4:AE. Capcom went from my favourite developer of all time to almost hating them this past console cycle.

I can understand your point.  But this version has already been played at E3 with major ranked SF players in a tournament style setting. I am mainly getting it to get a feel for the mechanics and timing.  I know there will be growing pains as the games gets tweaked but I expected that.  The only thing I'm concerned now is the online play of which is what this first beta test is supposed to be testing, Either way can't wait to see the game for myself.

#46 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:16 PM

I will say, Street Fighter 5 is shaping up nicely. :) I wonder who this new guy from the Ken trailer is as well as any other new characters we will see. I mean, the returning characters we have seen so far have been excellently done, especially with Ken, Cammy, Bison, Charlie, and Birdie all getting some nice redesigns and adjustments to the move sets. There's a lot of possibilities for the game to grow since it is just in the beta phase right now.

#47 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:59 AM

Pre-ordered it. And there's alot of news for the game. Capcom got their heads straight.

http://www.eventhubs...reet-fighter-5/

And we're starting with 16 initial fighters, more coming as sort of like unlockables/DLC:

http://www.eventhubs...rs-post-launch/

latest?cb=20140126021943

#48 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

For those who going to play the beta (and actually have the client), it will start around 6 PM PST (for me, this is 8 PM central, and back home at the east coast, 9 pm). I'm gonna take some notes down as I play it. Hopefully, I'll be online around Saturday to test Cammy and Birdie.

Also, for those who didn't hear about our newest addition to the franchise:

latest?cb=20140126021943

#49 racerxdsr

racerxdsr

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:23 AM

Ughh!!!

Can't logon to the server.  Getting a 21007 error.

Anyone else having issues?

#50 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:09 AM

Same. Servers are down anyway from the site. Too many people trying to access in the beta.

Got to title screen. Then the errors come and loops.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#51 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:21 AM

Same. Servers are down anyway from the site. Too many people trying to access in the beta.

Got to title screen. Then the errors come and loops.

Well can't say I'm surprised, Sony seem to be famous when it comes to underestimating demand, and Capcom haven't exactly got the best reputation so it wouldn't be a surprise if they didn't test their web code before they released the beta.

As great as the recent news about unlockables is I can't help but think that to unlock the extra charactors will be close to impossible for most people. This is Capcon and they've screwed up too many times over the past decade for me to believe they would not do everything in their power to milk us to death...It still pains me to say that, I am a gamer largely because of them, and they are one of main reasons why I'm such a jaded gamer.

Damn it I want to be more excited about this game, why did Capcom have to be the ones publishing it.

iAnby7W.gif

#52 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:51 AM

I got in!!!! For 15 minutes, I got to play 4 characters: Chun-Li, Cammy, Charlie and Ryu. While I really didn't get an actual online match to test the netcode, the gameplay is nice. But damn, Capcom, give Chun-Li back the new stuff that was reveal in the first build! Stop worrying about Ken and his fanboys for crying out loud!

latest?cb=20140126021943

#53 racerxdsr

racerxdsr

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:00 AM

Yeah I got in the first day for like 5 minutes and got in Friday night/Saturday Morning.  Played today as well for about 3 after the update.  Got in in about 8 matches won 5.  Been using Nash and practicing his combos.  Not sure if its my fight stick since I'm using a converter or my connection, have input issues.  Largest combo I've gotten with out Super is 9hit.  I like it still getting used to the play style and trying to get in to execute combos and apply pressure and such.  Working on executing combos more consistently during versus. Practice is easy LOL!

Anyways have fun and who knows maybe we might get matched up. 

#54 Anthony

Anthony

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

this

#55 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:13 AM

,,,my hands hurt. So yesterday and today was the stress test for North America and South America. Which meant I had some online matches and I did more today. Goodness, somehow I did a 26 hit combo for Cammy (Training, not online match).

Just for heads up, the beta test will be back live on Friday, the 28th at 4 pm PST until September 2nd 7 am PST. It said I need wired connection but I have the fastest Wi-Fi connection. Hopefully I'm good (and manage to get some matches since I work late... :hm:  )

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Vega was announced earlier this month. And today, guess who came back?

Hint: Junko Takeuchi is her VA, and on the side note, I'm willing to bet her english VA will be Naruto's as well (might be awkward as hell).

latest?cb=20140126021943

#56 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 11:09 PM

I wonder if Sakura is gonna make an appearance due to merchandising that coincides with the development of the game. Someone noticed a similar pattern with Charlie. In addition, she is one of Ono's favorite girl. Like Ken, I would like to see her with a brand new design and combat style that she developed on her own with gymnastic moves.

#57 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 02:54 AM

So Junko isn't playing R.Mika anymore.

We have more news, forgot to post. First off, we have new character from Arabic regions, Rashid, who has wind attacks and parkour.

And just yesterday, returning to the series is:

http://www.eventhubs...reet-fighter-5/

MY BACKUP! She returns!! (Well, Sakura may not be in the initial roster but she may come via updates)

latest?cb=20140126021943

#58 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:29 AM

I am really pumped and excited by this reveal. She definitely looks older and kinds looks like Helena from Dead or Alive. Of course her laugh had to be here.

If Karin is there... Sakura must be here.

#59 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:19 PM

http://www.eventhubs...port-crossplay/

PC specs revealed, Disappointed that no AMD specs given, hopefully this isn't a Nvidia gameworks game. I will opefully be OK, if not i'll just wait and buy when I upgrade my Graphics card.

I was hoping for DX12 support, but that might be too much to expect.

iAnby7W.gif

#60 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:21 AM

So earlier, Zangief returns and today we officially have Laura from Brazil as a new character.

Related to a certain SF character

http://www.eventhubs...beauty-capable/

latest?cb=20140126021943

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users