Close
Photo

The forehead scene cannot be left undone.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
49 replies to this topic

Poll: The forehead scene cannot be left undone. (38 member(s) have cast votes)

Can it be left undone?

1. No (25 votes [65.79%])

Percentage of vote: 65.79%

2. Yes (13 votes [34.21%])

Percentage of vote: 34.21%

Vote

#21 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Dec 18 2011, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have no proof.. I could of easily turned into Naruto..and then turned into Sasuke. It was my master plan for kissing Sakura.. heheelq7.png

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#22 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Debate thread.

Also, coincidentally, been debated to death too.

#23 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:58 PM

I think some people get too worked up about little threads not being in the perfect place. Just get over it is what I say, this place is fine the way it is, and I can debate 100% fine still. tongue.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#24 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Lover @ Dec 18 2011, 09:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think some people get too worked up about little threads not being in the perfect place. Just get over it is what I say, this place is fine the way it is, and I can debate 100% fine still. tongue.gif

We just dont need unnecessary threads being opened when there's already a place for it to be talked about.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#25 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Dec 18 2011, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We just dont need unnecessary threads being opened when there's already a place for it to be talked about.

This place is on page 2 right now, just this one slide, and then let it die. I'm liking this topic being on a voting poll. tongue.gif

Edited by Sakura Lover, 18 December 2011 - 03:02 PM.

2XtVwF6.png

#26 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

That's the problem, there's this whole host of 'new topics' that don't last very long that bury other topics such as the video/picture threads.
Also, considering many of these 'new topics' fall under the umbrella of the 'NaruSaku Debate thread,' it's annoying to see them all over the Icha section.

Some of these 'new topics' are also stuff that's been debated to the death a long time ago and are basically just waiting for canon to prove or disprove.

#27 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Dec 19 2011, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's the problem, there's this whole host of 'new topics' that don't last very long that bury other topics such as the video/picture threads.
Also, considering many of these 'new topics' fall under the umbrella of the 'NaruSaku Debate thread,' it's annoying to see them all over the Icha section.

Some of these 'new topics' are also stuff that's been debated to the death a long time ago and are basically just waiting for canon to prove or disprove.

This.

No wonder the debate thread's been so dead lately.

JA2DBzd.png

#28 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 18 2011, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This.

No wonder the debate thread's been so dead lately.

Trolololol. heheelq7.png /jk

@shadow: okay, you win. happy.gif

2XtVwF6.png

#29 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

I think it's best to get a mod to merge the necessary topics so the debate thread seems more active.

Edited by Rocket, 18 December 2011 - 03:28 PM.

JA2DBzd.png

#30 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Dec 18 2011, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's best to get a mod to merge the necessary topics so the debate thread seems more active.

That's possible? Like to merge these posts in with the debate? o.o

Cool! biggrin.gif

tumblr_nn5rgcX8lv1rq9ihbo4_500.gif

jus drein jus daun.
---------------------------------------------------

#31 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

Yes, it's possible. It's happened quite a bit in the past, but someone has to actually tell a mod.

#32 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

Need this moved? Kages!!

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#33 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

Can it be left undone? Probably. Should it be left undone? Like most people, I really don't think so. I think it could potentially serve as a major catalyst for Sakura to realize what her feelings for Sasuke were based on, and who she really fell in love with back then. Plus, the parallel to Kushina's backstory seemed uncanny, at least IMO.

As to the concerns over whether this should be in the Debate Thread, I guess I really don't mind either way. The Debate Thread's become so long and unwieldy, it's hard to find a specific topic if you want to see what members have contributed to it in the past. There's been a lot of new topics here that could be easily encompassed by the Debate Thread, but I guess it's easier for me to find individual topics than have to search through the 200+ page Debate Thread, especially with how fast the topic seems to change over there.
Also, I really don't think anything can be 'debated to death' here, since we always seem to have a steady influx of new members who'd like their chance to offer input. If veteran members don't want to contribute, no one's forcing them to.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 18 December 2011 - 05:02 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#34 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 18 2011, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can it be left undone? Probably. Should it be left undone? Like most people, I really don't think so. I think it could potentially serve as a major catalyst for Sakura to realize what her feelings for Sasuke were based on, and who she really fell in love with back then. Plus, the parallel to Kushina's backstory seemed uncanny, at least IMO.

As to the concerns over whether this should be in the Debate Thread, I guess I really don't mind either way. The Debate Thread's become so long and unwieldy, it's hard to find a specific topic if you want to see what members have contributed to it in the past. There's been a lot of new topics here that could be easily encompassed by the Debate Thread, but I guess it's easier for me to find individual topics than have to search through the 200+ page Debate Thread, especially with how fast the topic seems to change over there.
Also, I really don't think anything can be 'debated to death' here, since we always seem to have a steady influx of new members who'd like their chance to offer input. If veteran members don't want to contribute, no one's forcing them to.

How did Kushinas backstory seem uncanny? tongue.gif Or do you mean, how it was a direct parallel to Sakura? Kishi couldn't of made it more obvious then sticking an big blinking arrow saying "Sakura parallel Kushina" by making the whole Minato/Kushina as kids thing.

laugh.gif

Or did oyu mean something else.. headscratch.gif

jus drein jus daun.

#35 Thomas

Thomas

Chakra Water Walker

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

everything in naruto have a parallel

#36 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (Fenris @ Dec 18 2011, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did Kushinas backstory seem uncanny? tongue.gif Or do you mean, how it was a direct parallel to Sakura? Kishi couldn't of made it more obvious then sticking an big blinking arrow saying "Sakura parallel Kushina" by making the whole Minato/Kushina as kids thing.

laugh.gif

Or did oyu mean something else.. headscratch.gif

I guess I was just referring to how Kushina and Sakura were both bullied over physical insecurities when they were children, and how both were self-conscious about those insecurities until someone complemented them on it. Obviously there are differences between the two stories (forehead =/= long hair, Kushina wasn't involved in a love triangle as far as we know, and they reacted differently to being bullied), but I definitely don't think the similarities are coincidence. Not too many female characters in the manga seemed to have physical insecurity issues in their backstory. happy.gif

#37 Fenris

Fenris

back from the dead

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 18 2011, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I was just referring to how Kushina and Sakura were both bullied over physical insecurities when they were children, and how both were self-conscious about those insecurities until someone complemented them on it. Obviously there are differences between the two stories (forehead =/= long hair, Kushina wasn't involved in a love triangle as far as we know, and they reacted differently to being bullied), but I definitely don't think the similarities are coincidence. Not too many female characters in the manga seemed to have physical insecurity issues in their backstory. happy.gif

Yeah i agree, and the not liking minato then eventually liking him was a dead on pointing to naruto. tongue.gif

jus drein jus daun.

#38 Miss Soupy

Miss Soupy

Queen of Fluff

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Dec 18 2011, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The debate thread is kept open in such a way so that you are able to bring up these old topics as many times as you want. It keeps the rest of the forum from hosting the same old threads over and over as the new members come and go with the same topics. So even if a topic has been talked about in 200 pages, you don't have to go and look for it, just talk about it again as if it is new. Generally you aren't supposed to start new threads about the same topic, so the debate thread helps with that. Plus, I doubt you would have to filter through all those 200 pages of debate to find something to talk about. Going through only a few pages would ensure you see all of the newest topics there. Yes, it takes a little more time to do than just scan the newest topics of the forum, but generally it shouldn't be that difficult, I don't think.

Obviously, I'm not here to force anyone to do something different. I'm not a mod. But I've been around the forum for a long time and just notice what mods are more likely to close down/merge. Hopefully new members will find this advice helpful :3

#39 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Miss Soupy @ Dec 18 2011, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The debate thread is kept open in such a way so that you are able to bring up these old topics as many times as you want. It keeps the rest of the forum from hosting the same old threads over and over as the new members come and go with the same topics. So even if a topic has been talked about in 200 pages, you don't have to go and look for it, just talk about it again as if it is new. Generally you aren't supposed to start new threads about the same topic, so the debate thread helps with that. Plus, I doubt you would have to filter through all those 200 pages of debate to find something to talk about. Going through only a few pages would ensure you see all of the newest topics there. Yes, it takes a little more time to do than just scan the newest topics of the forum, but generally it shouldn't be that difficult, I don't think.

Obviously, I'm not here to force anyone to do something different. I'm not a mod. But I've been around the forum for a long time and just notice what mods are more likely to close down/merge. Hopefully new members will find this advice helpful :3

I guess I was trying to point out two different issues. My second point was more addressed towards a few members I've seen on this site who tend to complain about the same point being brought up multiple times. I guess that attitude just irks me, since it sounds like some people believe that new members are obligated to read every post in the site's archive before posting. I know I've had multiple cases where someone would pounce on me for trying to revitalize an old talking point on the Debate Thread that was discussed before I joined this site, so I tend to empathize with some of the newer members getting themselves into this same situation.

As for the first point, I generally find it better for archiving to keep individual events in separate threads. Not necessary, by any means, but if I want to go back and look for a post, I find it easier to use one thread as a reference than tell someone to go read pg. 151 on the first NaruSaku Debate Thread. I guess when I joined this site there was an individual event in the manga I was curious about, but I couldn't find an easy way to scan the Debate Thread for topics (I'm still not that used to the Search function on this site; I can find threads easily, but I still don't really know how to find specific pages with a point mentioned). I eventually made a separate thread on that particular event, and didn't seem to have any issues with it, other than seeing two or three threads on that same topic spring up later.

I'd definitely say that the Icha Icha section has been drowning in new topics lately, but I'm more indifferent when it comes to individual discussion points like this. It really doesn't hurt anything, other than maybe being superfluous, and I personally tend to find it easier for people like me who like to reference this site for one reason or another. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 18 December 2011 - 08:29 PM.

#40 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

Durrrr. I clicked "Yes" because I thought the poll question was "Do you agree?", and now I realize that it wasn't and that I picked the wrong answer. Oops. sweat.gif

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 19 December 2011 - 12:43 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users