AUTUMN FANART/FANFIC CONTEST 2011

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
146 replies to this topic

#61 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Oct 19 2011, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But he did state that he's entering.... so would yvj's piece still qualify??

He has a week to join H&E if he isn't already a member, and re-upload the story under his own username ^^

#62 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Codus N @ Oct 19 2011, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry everyone, but I have to honestly say your entries so far CANNOT POSSIBLY match up to probably the second-best author (next to PJ) in the NS fandom. Everyone, I present to you below, by the ONE and ONLY yvj!!!! *claps hands*

Autumn Dance

Its total word count is..... --Click here to view--
Over Seven FREAKIN' thousand!!!

And that's not all, I find it to be the deepest one of all compared to the rest of the entries. This is by far a true masterpiece of all NS oneshots I've seen so far.

PS: Is it all right for me to post someone else's contest entry here?? I don't think yvj has posted it here yet, so I'm doing the favor for him. If I'm breaking the rules, I apologize.

I know this is a contest and all but why the unnecessary bashing? All our stories will be judged in the end and a winner will be chosen. I just feel that this comment is a downer to those of us who have written and entered. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you really think this story is the holy grail then more power to you. When I have a chance I'll read it myself, but you shouldn't be putting down other ppl's work. Each of us took the time to write something heartfelt, so please dont tell us we came up short. Remember this is about having fun not trying our best to crush other ppl D:

tumblr_ooscnzcUtt1uz1wpso1_500.gif

#63 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:35 PM

Just my opinion, but I think that it's ok to announce another writer's fic, but he'll need to upload it himself - which has done. (He's CandleGuy, here and at NF.)

The pimping was a bit overboard. We appreciate having enthusiasm for the entrants, but this thread isn't the place to be comparing entries. You'll have a chance for that with the votes.

Moreover, I really hope that nobody's entry discourages somebody else from entering. We are giving out prizes, but that's just supposed to be a bonus. The contest is supposed to be about having fun - whether it's creating new NaruSaku fanfics and fanarts or getting to read or look at them.

#64 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Nick Soapdish @ Oct 19 2011, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just my opinion, but I think that it's ok to announce another writer's fic, but he'll need to upload it himself - which has done. (He's CandleGuy, here and at NF.)

The pimping was a bit overboard. We appreciate having enthusiasm for the entrants, but this thread isn't the place to be comparing entries. You'll have a chance for that with the votes.

Moreover, I really hope that nobody's entry discourages somebody else from entering. We are giving out prizes, but that's just supposed to be a bonus. The contest is supposed to be about having fun - whether it's creating new NaruSaku fanfics and fanarts or getting to read or look at them.

Well said Nick. Codus, you win more flies with honey than vinegar.

I certainly don't consider my stories "deathless prose". I just work with writer canon (personality and plot) and project from that, plus a great deal of knowlege of Japanese culture I can fold into any manga related fanfic I do.
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#65 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:54 AM

I don't remember this contest being that competitive, I entered the contest because I found it fun to write something that people appreciated, and that's okay if you think this other story is the best, but I think everyone who has entered equally has a chance of winning, it's more of a manner of public opinion, and I still wish everyone the best luck who entered. sleep.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#66 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:17 AM

With only a week left I have been on the fence about whether I should enter the contest this time around, but I think I'll go ahead and try to knock out a short fic over the weekend smile.gif

#67 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 19 2011, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With only a week left I have been on the fence about whether I should enter the contest this time around, but I think I'll go ahead and try to knock out a short fic over the weekend smile.gif

Please do, I really like your stories. smile.gif
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#68 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with my husband and sons of course. Playing video games, drawing, writing fanfics, reading, watching crime shows, and paranormal shows.

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Oct 19 2011, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yes please do try and add something biggrin.gif I look forward to see what you have in store for us.

@Toasty I couldn't agree more with you my friend.

#69 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Anime/Manga<br />Storywriting<br />Songwriting<br />Kicking butt and taking names! &gt;:D

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

And I've added my story, I'm a new guy so don't mind me... I'll be over here, waiting for someone to read mah storiez sad.gif

#70 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:59 PM

Once again, please leave the comparisons between fics (or fanarts) to when you PM your votes to Smiter.

It's one thing to say that you think that somebody's entry is exceptional. It's completely different to say that it's much better than everyone else's. The former only compliments the one entry, but the latter implies something about the quality of the other entries.

#71 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Music<br />Anime/Manga<br />Storywriting<br />Songwriting<br />Kicking butt and taking names! &gt;:D

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

Wait a minute, yvj is here? Oh mai gawd, I luvz dat stoirey!

#72 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Oct 19 2011, 10:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please do, I really like your stories. smile.gif

Aw, thank you. I'll do my best then happy.gif

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Oct 19 2011, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yes please do try and add something biggrin.gif I look forward to see what you have in store for us.

Yosh! a_thumbs.gif

#73 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Densetsu-Kun @ Oct 20 2011, 06:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I've added my story, I'm a new guy so don't mind me... I'll be over here, waiting for someone to read mah storiez sad.gif

I look forward to reading your entry biggrin.gif

#74 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Konohakitten @ Oct 20 2011, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I look forward to reading your entry biggrin.gif

Thanks, me too :3

#75 Jena

Jena

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

I know I'm still a noob, but I submitted my entry!

http://www.narusaku....ory.php?sid=642

#76 LegendaryArcanine42

LegendaryArcanine42

'TIS LEGENDARY BRO!!!

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

Just in case anyone actually wants to read my piece of crap that can be barely called a story...

My crappy story ¬_¬

There it is... "Enjoy" ¬_¬

#77 Madz

Madz

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

I've written something and loaded it in fanfiction, but don't want to enter it for the contest, though. Can we participate without entering the contest?

#78 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

AH! I've got some drawings I did for this but I need to color one!!! arg.gif

I'll have to get at least one done so Fox has some company over in FANART!!! rawr.gif

HURRY ME!

Also I'm loving everything that is being entered, great job everyone smile.gif

#79 Fox-And-Flower

Fox-And-Flower

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ Oct 23 2011, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll have to get at least one done so Fox has some company over in FANART!!! rawr.gif

HURRY ME!

yay! a_dance.gif

#80 Konohakitten

Konohakitten

I ship faster than FedEx

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (jworks @ Oct 23 2011, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HURRY ME!

I've drawn something but realistically I dont think I can color it with the time I have. I will eventually share it but it probably wont make it in time for the contest D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users