TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Malverstation @ Aug 8 2012, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You always have great things to add.

Naruto and Sakura are the only ones that we see who can honestly just vent at each other and still come back around to fight and protect one another. I am glad Kishimoto added the "Sasuke would understand me" part on Sakura. Of course I was mad and facepalmed when I heard that but then I realized it is only setting Sakura up for a big lesson. Sasuke you say? Oppps. Try again.

This will sound horrible of me but I don't feel that bad for the other shippers only because I know if it were the other way around, we would be getting a kitten storm. Most NaruSaku fans who react positive towards this movie haven't flaunt it outside of a NaruSaku club/group/forum, which I am glad to see. I seen one but that was on Tumblr.

Edit: I will say I feel bad for SasuSaku/NaruHina only because of the ads that gave you the impression that there was going to be more Hinata and Sasuke involvement than there actually was. :\

Well thank you for the compliment. smile.gif

At first, I was lost on why she said that line, but as people in NF would say, karma is a b****. So now, I am glad for that, yet feel bad that it was setup to bash SasuSaku. But I understand what you mean on if the roles were reverse, we will be getting the bash. To be honest, I don't think I would have be here now if that was the case, because it just seems the moral of the whole movie will be so wrong, and I hate movie that tries to address a lesson only to be bad. For example, getting a million of dollars and that way, it can buy people's happiness. That's like so misguided. I did fear that the moral of the movie will be all good things come to an end, which is a selfish moral in this case. Like, "Oh no, Sasuke will be gone and I won't get my love!" crap. I could understand seeing other characters in a different light means that you should spend time with him/her, which is used for NaruHina argument, but that didn't happen. The moral that we get is really good and the way it happens makes me a lot happy. It's not because NaruSaku moments, but the fact their bonds plays a role to help each other realize that this world was never meant for them, especially for Naruto. I hated how one comment in TokyoKit's video said, "So he chose fame and money over family. Clearly that person didn't see the movie and of course, TokyoKit, while I do respect him a lot, didn't explain the movie that thoroughly. He admits that he tried his best to remember since it was about 2 hours movie, so I respect that. Anyway, Naruto didn't choose fame and money (?) over his family. He chose to go to the real world because of his family wish and Sakura wants to go home with him, not alone, and she didn't want to lose Naruto because as much as she likes him being happy, she don't want to lose him. He's the hero and she knows that his parents protected Naruto and the village for his sake. It was deep and I would love to see how that plays out.

#5342 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Malverstation @ Aug 8 2012, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Naruto and Sakura are the only ones that we see who can honestly just vent at each other and still come back around to fight and protect one another. I am glad Kishimoto added the "Sasuke would understand me" part on Sakura. Of course I was mad and facepalmed when I heard that but then I realized it is only setting Sakura up for a big lesson. Sasuke you say? Oppps. Try again.

Naruto and Sakura always have reciprocation with each other, that's what puts them above other parings. On the other hand, Sakura would probably just let Sasuke do whatever he wanted and so would Hinata with Naruto, that shows how stale those relationships would be if they became true. In a good relationship there should always be a good exchange of opinions.

People should show that they aren't afraid to stand their ground even with the ones they love, but also demonstrate that when the time comes they can stand by each other. And the clearly represents what Naruto and Sakura are all about.

Just like you, I also couldn't believe that Kishimoto made Sakura say "Sasuke would understand me", but as we got more details of the movie I now understand that he did it to show how completely wrong she was to say that. Kishi made her put her trust in Sasuke at the beginning just to show everyone that at the end of the day it isn't Sasuke but always Naruto who stands by her side, therefore being the one deserving of her trust.

#5343 TerrorKing

TerrorKing

Glorified lurker of the deep!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Aug 8 2012, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the case with Naruto is different from Sakura's in many ways. First of all, although he has been shown to be inconsiderate and over-confident, he is also charismatic and unpredictably clever.

Bad traits are bad traits, at least in my book. I'm not going to put Naruto on a pedestal, because while a characters bad traits may not always overshadow their good traits, the opposite is also true.

He did not start off strong, but grew immensely in a very short amount of time.

This is true. When Naruto made that promise to never be useless again, he stuck to it and has done so ever since. On the other hand, it took Sakura all of part 1 to find her own path.

But the biggest difference is that his whole backstory is all about how he was mistreated, which obviously evokes sympathy. On the other hand, Sakura had a relatively normal childhood and doesn't get a lot of screentime for her to shine.

Naruto's childhood was undoubtedly very tragic and lonely, but the same can also be said of Sakura's childhood. She was bullied by the other kids and had next to no confidence. Then Ino showed up and showed Sakura how to be more confident in herself. She also believed that Sakura had great potential, so much in fact, that she might even become a better kunoichi than her. This was shown in the flashback where Ino referred to Sakura as a bud that hasn't bloomed yet and herself as a cosmos flower.

It's obvious that Sakura was very grateful to Ino and that she also looked up to her a great deal, but at the same time she also knew that she couldn't just stay a bud forever. Somehow, she had to surpass Ino and since she couldn't beat her in ninjutus (at least not at that point in time), she opted to beat her in love. As such, her whole infatuation with Sasuke is twofold.

That's also what her fight with Ino during the chunin preliminaries was about. It wasn't so much about their rivalry over Sasuke as it was about Sakura wanting Ino to acknowledge her skill as a kunoichi and even though the match ended in a draw, in the end Ino finally acknowledged her strength.

Her infatuation with Sasuke is similar. She wanted to be acknowledged.

To me, this makes Sakura just as much a sympathetic character as it does Naruto. Sakura is simply an ordinary girl, trying to get by in a very unusual world.

The same goes for Sasuke -- people are willing to look the other way over his genocidal goal because his childhood was messed up.

Sasuke's childhood was indeed pretty messed up, in fact, I'd say that it was way more messed up than Naruto's childhood. Still, Sasuke had it pretty good. Pretty much everyone in the village greatly respected him, he could pretty much pick any girl he wanted and most importantly, he had team 7. Even if you discount the first two as simply being superficial, his bonds with Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi were anything but superficial. They all loved him and only wanted what was best for him, even if their resoning was slighty selfish. If Sasuke had been able to let go of his hatred, he might have been able to understand that sometimes, sharing you pain with others is far better than doing everything by yourself. Still, I understand why Sasuke is acting the way he is and I don't really blame him, although I will say that comitting genocide on Konoha is going to far. Punishing the elders who were responsible. A-okay. Wanting to kill every man, woman and child in the village. Not so okay.

[quote name='Nefertieh' date='Aug 8 2012, 04:52 PM' post='404809']
I can't imagine Naruto being bratty around Iruka or Sakura being so disillusional in the manga.
/quote]

Perhaps not, but nevertheless, Naruto and Sakura were both very upset and when poeple are upset, they can sometimes be prone to lash out at other

ragnorak-heavydose-500-2.jpg

Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die

Won't you run, live to fly,

fly to live, Aces high

#5344 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Aug 8 2012, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is a very good point that I hadn't even considered - its extremely doubtful that he was in any meaningful relationship with AU Hinata if he was willing to blow up the village when she was in it.

Not that I believed Menma and AU Hinata were actually an item to begin with (Hinata's words to Sakura about Menma being her man just seemed like empty boasting to get a perceived threat away from what she felt was her claim), but it'll be helpful to have this at hand should anyone try to push the issue. tongue.gif

I wouldn't say NaruHina got simply ignored -- after all, they used Hinata's feelings for Naruto to point out that Naruto and Sakura's relationship looks intimate to an outsider (i.e. Hinata getting jealous of Sakura, Hinata getting mad at Naruto for taking Sakura's side, etc.). After all, Hinata has no reason to get jealous and zero in on Sakura if it wasn't obvious that Naruto has feelings for her and it looks like Sakura is reciprocating on some level right?

So yeah, I'd say NaruHina got trolled too, given Hinata was used to push NS.

But yeah, the rest of your post I agree with completely -- your posts are always a pleasure to read! :3

Well, you do make a good point, but when I said ignore, I meant they didn't have a moment at all. Naruto didn't go "Wow, Hinata does have a nice physique. Maybe I should talk to her more." I guess I shouldn't ignore, rather troll I guess. It was used to boost NaruSaku with the mistaken date situation, again Kishi loves playing with NaruSaku with the possibility that they're lovers (this is what 3 times). Usually, they ends up loving each other in the end, but I digress. The strange part is that NejiHina got a moment, showing that Neji is actually into her. I have nothing against incest, rather I'm wondering if Neji sees her like that. I mean I remember him saying she's cute back in the flashback but I don't anything more than that. Heck, even LeeTen got a moment.

Thank you for enjoying my post. biggrin.gif

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 08 August 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#5345 Malverstation

Malverstation

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Art<br />Animals-Tigers<br />Fanfictions<br />NaruSaku

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Aug 8 2012, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well thank you for the compliment. smile.gif

At first, I was lost on why she said that line, but as people in NF would say, karma is a b****. So now, I am glad for that, yet feel bad that it was setup to bash SasuSaku. But I understand what you mean on if the roles were reverse, we will be getting the bash. To be honest, I don't think I would have be here now if that was the case, because it just seems the moral of the whole movie will be so wrong, and I hate movie that tries to address a lesson only to be bad. For example, getting a million of dollars and that way, it can buy people's happiness. That's like so misguided. I did fear that the moral of the movie will be all good things come to an end, which is a selfish moral in this case. Like, "Oh no, Sasuke will be gone and I won't get my love!" crap. I could understand seeing other characters in a different light means that you should spend time with him/her, which is used for NaruHina argument, but that didn't happen. The moral that we get is really good and the way it happens makes me a lot happy. It's not because NaruSaku moments, but the fact their bonds plays a role to help each other realize that this world was never meant for them, especially for Naruto. I hated how one comment in TokyoKit's video said, "So he chose fame and money over family. Clearly that person didn't see the movie and of course, TokyoKit, while I do respect him a lot, didn't explain the movie that thoroughly. He admits that he tried his best to remember since it was about 2 hours movie, so I respect that. Anyway, Naruto didn't choose fame and money (?) over his family. He chose to go to the real world because of his family wish and Sakura wants to go home with him, not alone, and she didn't want to lose Naruto because as much as she likes him being happy, she don't want to lose him. He's the hero and she knows that his parents protected Naruto and the village for his sake. It was deep and I would love to see how that plays out.

Huh, when I first found out about the movie back in April/May(?), I knew it was going to be something along the lines of "is this what you really want?" kind of themes. Sakura would get Sasuke but is the Sasuke she projected him to be in her mind the Sasuke that he really is and is that who she really loves? I just ignored Hinatas character and threw her in as a comedy relief. I knew there would be a part where Naruto would realize "hey, this isn't real. I need to get home" but I had no idea about everything else. When I saw all the SasuSaku and NaruHina ads, I started to laugh because from the start I figured Sakura was going to get hurt and Hinata was not to be taken seriously. I couldn't take her seriously. Though, I was not expecting Sakuras parents nor was I expecting Naruto and Sakura to have as much interaction together. I was hoping for more Kushina/Sakura interactions. fu.png

Haha! I do remember the spoiler drawing of the hokage monument that was drawn in the night scene with two figures sitting down on the staircase. A NaruHina forum was talking about how the two people on the staircase is Hinata and Naruto, talking in the middle of the night. I was hoping it was Kushina and Naruto or Minato and Naruto. Nope, ends up being Naruto and Sakura. I laughed to myself when I found that out. I am a horrible person.

Edited by Malverstation, 08 August 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#5346 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:15 PM

QUOTE (Malverstation @ Aug 8 2012, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Huh, when I first found out about the movie back in April/May(?), I knew it was going to be something along the lines of "is this what you really want?" kind of themes. Sakura would get Sasuke but is the Sasuke she projected him to be in her mind the Sasuke that he really is and is that who she really loves? I just ignored Hinatas character and threw her in as a comedy relief. I knew there would be a part where Naruto would realize "hey, this isn't real. I need to get home" but I had no idea about everything else. When I saw all the SasuSaku and NaruHina ads, I started to laugh because from the start I figured Sakura was going to get hurt and Hinata was not to be taken seriously. I couldn't take her seriously. Though, I was not expecting Sakuras parents nor was I expecting Naruto and Sakura to have as much interaction together. I was hoping for more Kushina/Sakura interactions. fu.png

Haha! I do remember the spoiler drawing of the hokage monument that was drawn in the night scene with two figures sitting down on the staircase. A NaruHina forum was talking about how the two people on the staircase is Hinata and Naruto, talking in the middle of the night. I was hoping it was Kushina and Naruto or Minato and Naruto. Nope, ends up being Naruto and Sakura. I laughed to myself when I found that out. I am a horrible person.

Actually, back in April/May, I did think the same thing as you did. In a way, it stills the same, but there's much more to it. Sakura is understandable, but Naruto is hard to deal with because he truly has no downside to it. One thing I like to point out is how I like Sakura not showing her sadness to Naruto because she knows Naruto will be upset and don't want to make his situation harder. That's sacrificing your happiness for another and that's deep love. This is why I'm going to love this movie because despite the beginning though it was made for story purpose, everything about it is intact to the manga. That's how you do it, Kishi!

Don't worry for thinking you're a horrible person. We all got some evil in us. But yeah, it wasn't just NaruHina fandom, it was in the movie thread. There were a lot of them that thought this movie is in their favor, but man, were they wrong. It's funny because it was rare to see a good comment for NaruSaku in the movie thread. I guess there are a lot of us that are matured.

#5347 Malverstation

Malverstation

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Art<br />Animals-Tigers<br />Fanfictions<br />NaruSaku

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Aug 8 2012, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, back in April/May, I did think the same thing as you did. In a way, it stills the same, but there's much more to it. Sakura is understandable, but Naruto is hard to deal with because he truly has no downside to it. One thing I like to point out is how I like Sakura not showing her sadness to Naruto because she knows Naruto will be upset and don't want to make his situation harder. That's sacrificing your happiness for another and that's deep love. This is why I'm going to love this movie because despite the beginning though it was made for story purpose, everything about it is intact to the manga. That's how you do it, Kishi!

Don't worry for thinking you're a horrible person. We all got some evil in us. But yeah, it wasn't just NaruHina fandom, it was in the movie thread. There were a lot of them that thought this movie is in their favor, but man, were they wrong. It's funny because it was rare to see a good comment for NaruSaku in the movie thread. I guess there are a lot of us that are matured.

Wouldn't be the first time Sakura hid the truth about something that hurt her to keep him happy. The Heaven and Earth bridge is an example. Man, Sakura has changed a lot since the first chapter. So many people can't get past the old Sakura and hate her no matter what she does.

It's hard to find a good NaruSaku comment anywhere on any thread that houses all shippings (thus was why I was excited to see the two commets on the movie website that mentioned Sakura and Narutos relationship). For me anyways. I been seeing less bashing of NaruSaku on DeviantArt and Tumblr since the movie. It's like the other shippers just had a moment of silence for their ship. I stay away from youtube.

#5348 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Malverstation @ Aug 8 2012, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wouldn't be the first time Sakura hid the truth about something that hurt her to keep him happy. The Heaven and Earth bridge is an example. Man, Sakura has changed a lot since the first chapter. So many people can't get past the old Sakura and hate her no matter what she does.

It's hard to find a good NaruSaku comment anywhere on any thread that houses all shippings (thus was why I was excited to see the two commets on the movie website that mentioned Sakura and Narutos relationship). For me anyways. I been seeing less bashing of NaruSaku on DeviantArt and Tumblr since the movie. It's like the other shippers just had a moment of silence for their ship. I stay away from youtube.

Youtube is the last place you would go for shipping. It's always hatred in there. In part 5 of 5 review by TokyoKit, they still going on that NaruSaku is nothing but a friendship level. They dismissed the whole bonding they gone through and just think they're brother and sister. Oh yeah, because Hinata is more than friend to Naruto and Sasuke is a lover man. Okay... Anyway, I realized that NaruSaku bonds is a serious thing for not just Kishi but to a lot of people. In the movie blog, they acknowledged NaruSaku and the fact that they love how Naruto continues to earn Sakura's love, even with many hardships. That tells you that NaruSaku is really the keyholder of the romance. People in forums always assume, or more like don't want to admit that NaruSaku is serious, but a lot of people around the world spoken and now, NaruSaku is a threat to them.

#5349 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Malverstation @ Aug 8 2012, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder if those comments on the movie's website were chosen by Kishi himself, because I heard that could be true. Either way, it is still quite surprising that out of possibly thousands of comments, there were at least two pro-narusaku moment. Even more surprising was that the top comment was very obvious pro-narusake comment. They probably added those comments there, because the whole movie has multiple pro-narusaku moments. With all this NS love, I'm starting to wonder if they are trying to show us something, like as if they trying to tell us something about this pairing. It is as if they are saying that this pairing is suppose to be very important.

Also, if the other pairings are taking a 'moment of silence' for their ships, doesn't that most of them have given up already? With all the recent pro-narusaku stuff that have been given to us, and all the other proofs from the manga that we have, doesn't this mean that we have been pretty much been proven right? Don't we just now have to wait for it to actually happen in the manga?

#5350 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Aug 8 2012, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bad traits are bad traits, at least in my book. I'm not going to put Naruto on a pedestal, because while a characters bad traits may not always overshadow their good traits, the opposite is also true.

This is true. When Naruto made that promise to never be useless again, he stuck to it and has done so ever since. On the other hand, it took Sakura all of part 1 to find her own path.

Naruto's childhood was undoubtedly very tragic and lonely, but the same can also be said of Sakura's childhood. She was bullied by the other kids and had next to no confidence. Then Ino showed up and showed Sakura how to be more confident in herself. She also believed that Sakura had great potential, so much in fact, that she might even become a better kunoichi than her. This was shown in the flashback where Ino referred to Sakura as a bud that hasn't bloomed yet and herself as a cosmos flower.

It's obvious that Sakura was very grateful to Ino and that she also looked up to her a great deal, but at the same time she also knew that she couldn't just stay a bud forever. Somehow, she had to surpass Ino and since she couldn't beat her in ninjutus (at least not at that point in time), she opted to beat her in love. As such, her whole infatuation with Sasuke is twofold.

That's also what her fight with Ino during the chunin preliminaries was about. It wasn't so much about their rivalry over Sasuke as it was about Sakura wanting Ino to acknowledge her skill as a kunoichi and even though the match ended in a draw, in the end Ino finally acknowledged her strength.

Her infatuation with Sasuke is similar. She wanted to be acknowledged.

To me, this makes Sakura just as much a sympathetic character as it does Naruto. Sakura is simply an ordinary girl, trying to get by in a very unusual world.

Sasuke's childhood was indeed pretty messed up, in fact, I'd say that it was way more messed up than Naruto's childhood. Still, Sasuke had it pretty good. Pretty much everyone in the village greatly respected him, he could pretty much pick any girl he wanted and most importantly, he had team 7. Even if you discount the first two as simply being superficial, his bonds with Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi were anything but superficial. They all loved him and only wanted what was best for him, even if their resoning was slighty selfish. If Sasuke had been able to let go of his hatred, he might have been able to understand that sometimes, sharing you pain with others is far better than doing everything by yourself. Still, I understand why Sasuke is acting the way he is and I don't really blame him, although I will say that comitting genocide on Konoha is going to far. Punishing the elders who were responsible. A-okay. Wanting to kill every man, woman and child in the village. Not so okay.

I can't imagine Naruto being bratty around Iruka or Sakura being so disillusional in the manga.

Perhaps not, but nevertheless, Naruto and Sakura were both very upset and when poeple are upset, they can sometimes be prone to lash out at other

Thanks for your excellent post. I was feeling quite sad that no one was actually sitting back and considering that the treatment of Sakura amongst the narusaku fans in the west was grossly more harsh to her. All I was seeing was at best "well that's just the way it is" to excuses that ignored the point- Sakura most minor mistakes that she even apologized for, are being treated as if they are these enormous unforgiveable things, while every single one of Naruto's mistakes and bad behavior, with no apologies from him for that behavior is given a "free pass" or outright cheered.

Also was ignored that Japanese narusaku shippers do not do this. Sakura's struggles are sympathized with the same as Naruto's.... I align myself with the Japanese narusaku shippers...
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#5351 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Transformers03 @ Aug 8 2012, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if those comments on the movie's website were chosen by Kishi himself, because I heard that could be true. Either way, it is still quite surprising that out of possibly thousands of comments, there were at least two pro-narusaku moment. Even more surprising was that the top comment was very obvious pro-narusake comment. They probably added those comments there, because the whole movie has multiple pro-narusaku moments. With all this NS love, I'm starting to wonder if they are trying to show us something, like as if they trying to tell us something about this pairing. It is as if they are saying that this pairing is suppose to be very important.

Also, if the other pairings are taking a 'moment of silence' for their ships, doesn't that most of them have given up already? With all the recent pro-narusaku stuff that have been given to us, and all the other proofs from the manga that we have, doesn't this mean that we have been pretty much been proven right? Don't we just now have to wait for it to actually happen in the manga?

It's more like they were hit hard by Kishi, because not only those ads were misleading, but their pairings were trolled big time. NaruHina didn't have Naruto liking her, rather he was trying to stop her fighting Sakura which then leads her struggling Naruto for picking Sakura's side. SasuSaku was part of Sakura's selfish needs and ended it in a troll manner. As for NaruSaku, it starts off with a drama then like in every movies in the world, it ends in a great note for them. It's their bond that helps them to escape the illusion. Now if this movie was made by someone else, then they will be like, "Oh whatever," but no, Kishi made this movie and it hurts them so much that they went off saying complete opposite they were saying earlier before movie release. Now they have the manga left to give them hope. I know there were people that actually hoping that NaruSaku don't happen at all. I know one guy is hurt right now. I mean it gets worse and worse when new info reveal, especially the parallel of NaruSaku/MinaKushi. It's rather sad, because there are people who thinks Hinata is more of Kushina, but Kishi now made a clear that she is more of Sakura, especially when she gets mad.

#5352 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Aug 8 2012, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's more like they were hit hard by Kishi, because not only those ads were misleading, but their pairings were trolled big time. NaruHina didn't have Naruto liking her, rather he was trying to stop her fighting Sakura which then leads her struggling Naruto for picking Sakura's side. SasuSaku was part of Sakura's selfish needs and ended it in a troll manner. As for NaruSaku, it starts off with a drama then like in every movies in the world, it ends in a great note for them. It's their bond that helps them to escape the illusion. Now if this movie was made by someone else, then they will be like, "Oh whatever," but no, Kishi made this movie and it hurts them so much that they went off saying complete opposite they were saying earlier before movie release. Now they have the manga left to give them hope. I know there were people that actually hoping that NaruSaku don't happen at all. I know one guy is hurt right now. I mean it gets worse and worse when new info reveal, especially the parallel of NaruSaku/MinaKushi. It's rather sad, because there are people who thinks Hinata is more of Kushina, but Kishi now made a clear that she is more of Sakura, especially when she gets mad.

I would like to say that I feel sorry for them, cause I understand how it feels to be trolled (even though, to me, I didn't really see the ads as very pro-sasusaku or pro-naruhina). But the problem is that this was their own fault for having their hopes to high. I was always mentally preparing myself for disappointment if I didn't get to see any Narusaku moments in the film, or if Narusaku doesn't happen in the end. I've prepare myself so that I wouldn't be in the same position as the other pairings are in right now. Fortunately for me, I'm a Narusaku fan, and we got rewarded big time in this movie (parallels, date request, fighting together). Everything that I HOPE will happen in the movie, DID happen in the movie. But those are things that I simply hoped will happen, not anything that I actually believe would happen. When I found out that those things did happen in the movie, I was like "Yep, Naeusaku will definitely happen now. If not, then this movie will be very confusing and awkward to watch later."

#5353 Verilance

Verilance

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Interests:Whatever comes to mind

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Aug 8 2012, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Menma wants to destroy Konoha, I think he doesn't like anyone.

Menma is being influenced or controlled by Dark Kyuubi. While not giving him a pass it does allow us to understand what has happened to him. After Naruto, with Sakura's aid, defeats Memna he turns back from the dark and has Blonde hair again.

Yotsubato! - Enjoy Everything!

#5354 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

Hey guys. No need to fight. Just make up and forget that argument even happen. This is not the best place to argue. Odd, the movie is a great success for us, but we manage to find something that we argue over. So please, let's move on.

On the brighter note, I just thought of something. Sakura is the true heroine in this movie because think about it. Tobi only wanted Naruto. If Naruto went to AU alone, who's going to help him to come back home? Who's going to remind him that the world is not where he belongs but where the true heroes sacrificed their lives for? Who's going to persuade him to go against Menma without any thoughts? I can go on, but Sakura is the savior. Imagine Naruto alone. He's going to be extracted like nothing and it will be game over for Naruto. So Sakura deserves a huge credit. I do mean huge. Thank you, Kishi.

@sushi.: She's not a trophy, but he does in fact loves her. His love life is about Sakura, not himself. That's true love. I doubt Kishi will make him lonely or not making him have Sakura. I don't want to say "award" but for the lack of better words, she is an award to Naruto for working so hard for everything.

Edited by NaruSaku4Life3g, 08 August 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#5355 Sojobo

Sojobo

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

Lol the troll on NF is so laugh.gif

Anyway, like I said before, this movie is just making NaruSaku even more obvious.
I read that people said that it is just a movie, and that it has nothing to do with the manga. I disagree.

Kishimoto did the story.
We already saw the para's in the manga between Narusaku and MinaKushi, the movie just shows us the confirmation that we were not mistaking... (MinaKuhsi has nothing to do with NaruHina like a lot of fans were confirming)
I mean, I'm open for every possiblity, but right now, I will not going to play the guy who always sees everything in the end. Kishimoto really chose NaruSaku today.

Now I just want to know how he will procede to making this in the manga, because, we can say what we want, Sakura still loves Sasuke.
Her feelings for Naruto are probably diffirent and more special, it is probably real love, THE big love of her life, and that's why she can't realise that her friendship with Naruto is more than that...
You can compare this with Dark Naruto and his hatred for Konoha. Sakura's feelings are like that to me... feelings thats she didn't even notice...

I think that Sakura think that her feelings for him is friendship, but other chara doesn't really feeling it that way :
http://www.mangaread...hapter-289.html
http://www.mangaread...hapter-297.html

How will she definitly fall in love for Naruto ? That's what I want to know.
While she realise it herself, or will Sai force her to realise it ?
We know that Sai is caring a lot of Naruto and Sakura's feelings, he cares about them, like the same way Sasuke did when he was in Konoha.

I'm patient, but I hope we will get an answer before 2013...

See ya

#5356 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (NaruSaku4Life3g @ Aug 8 2012, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the brighter note, I just thought of something. Sakura is the true heroine in this movie because think about it. Tobi only wanted Naruto. If Naruto went to AU alone, who's going to help him to come back home? Who's going to remind him that the world is not where he belongs but where the true heroes sacrificed their lives for? Who's going to persuade him to go against Menma without any thoughts? I can go on, but Sakura is the savior. Imagine Naruto alone. He's going to be extracted like nothing and it will be game over for Naruto. So Sakura deserves a huge credit. I do mean huge. Thank you, Kishi.

Sakura truly does shine in this movie, and I can't wait to see it! I can't see Naruto wanting to leave, coming to the realization that this version of Minato and Kushina aren't his, without Sakura. It was her words regarding the cloak and heroes, plus the fact that Minato and Kushina didn't want to go save her that led Naruto to realizing that he needed to return home and leave his fantasy world. Then on top of all that, she saved him in the final battle too! Naruto would have lost without her. This kind of spot light has been long overdue, imo, and I can only hope that Kishi replicates it in the manga.

This just goes to show that even if Sakura cannot match Naruto power wise, she can still be an invaluable asset to him in fights and just as a life partner in general.
@sushi.: She's not a trophy, but he does in fact loves her. His love life is about Sakura, not himself. That's true love. I doubt Kishi will make him lonely or not making him have Sakura. I don't want to say "award" but for the lack of better words, she is an award to Naruto for working so hard for everything.

I think the best way to put it is that Naruto was able to win her heart over because he put her feelings and happiness before his own, and tried his best to be there for her even when he believed that she didn't return his feelings. Love shouldn't be selfish or possessive, but about wanting the other person to be happy.

This message comes through very well from both sides of the relationship, Sakura's especially in this movie. They have both become incredibly selfless for each other, especially given where they both started out. I agree with those that say Naruto and Sakura's characterization in the beginning of the movie was much closer to their part one selves. It makes sense to do this given that Kishi wanted to make this movie to appeal to newcomers who hadn't really seen much of Naruto before.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#5357 Transformers03

Transformers03

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (Sojobo @ Aug 8 2012, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol the troll on NF is so laugh.gif

Anyway, like I said before, this movie is just making NaruSaku even more obvious.
I read that people said that it is just a movie, and that it has nothing to do with the manga. I disagree.

Kishimoto did the story.
We already saw the para's in the manga between Narusaku and MinaKushi, the movie just shows us the confirmation that we were not mistaking... (MinaKuhsi has nothing to do with NaruHina like a lot of fans were confirming)
I mean, I'm open for every possiblity, but right now, I will not going to play the guy who always sees everything in the end. Kishimoto really chose NaruSaku today.

Now I just want to know how he will procede to making this in the manga, because, we can say what we want, Sakura still loves Sasuke.
Her feelings for Naruto are probably diffirent and more special, it is probably real love, THE big love of her life, and that's why she can't realise that her friendship with Naruto is more than that...
You can compare this with Dark Naruto and his hatred for Konoha. Sakura's feelings are like that to me... feelings thats she didn't even notice...

I think that Sakura think that her feelings for him is friendship, but other chara doesn't really feeling it that way :
http://www.mangaread...hapter-289.html
http://www.mangaread...hapter-297.html

How will she definitly fall in love for Naruto ? That's what I want to know.
While she realise it herself, or will Sai force her to realise it ?
We know that Sai is caring a lot of Naruto and Sakura's feelings, he cares about them, like the same way Sasuke did when he was in Konoha.

I'm patient, but I hope we will get an answer before 2013...

See ya

This comment seems more fit to be in the debate thread, but I will say this. In my opinion, most of the time you can predict who will end up with who as the story goes along, usually at the beginning, including anime. There has been times, like in the Wonder Years show, where the story will take a twist approach and not make the couple they have had the most focus on not get together in the end. But those are twists that are USUALLY saved in romantic stories, like romantic movies or in anime where romance is the main focus.

So if it SEEMS as if the series is obviously heading towards Narusaku, especially in this film, maybe it was ALWAYS obvious that it was going to end up Narusaku. That will explain the parallels, the third data books statement that Sakura doesn't understand her feelings for Naruto, all their mutual moments in the manga together, and also the anime's favoritism to that pairing (with all their 'dates', OPs and EDs, and the Rock Lee show). To me, it was always like that. The whole pairing thing in Naruto was one of either two things: 1) it was always obvious that Narusaku will be the end game, and the other pairings (Naruhina and Sasusaku) were stupid, or 2) it was always obvious that Naruhina and Sasusaku will be the end game, and WE were just being stupid.

#5358 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (TerrorKing @ Aug 8 2012, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's true that if you wan't respect, then you're gonna have to work for it and to my knowledge, no one on this forum has ever claimed otherwise. To me, Sakura deserves respect as well as the right to be the main heroine. She not only has the skills but she also has the personality and emotional impact that I would expect from a heroine.

Exactly.

Oh, and on Menma, don't know if it's outright stated in the movie, but apparently it was even in one of the promo articles that Menma "had no girlfriend". So yeah,apparently, yandere Hinata was fantasizing. Genjutsu Sakura didn't say anything negative about Naruto in "Road to Sakura" like she immediately did about Sasuke- she just immediately dismissed Sasuke as "a playboy". In fact, from what little she said, there was a kind of impression that genjutsu Sakura had some kind of bond to Menma.

And if you look at genjutsu Kiba's comment when he first sees Naruto and Sakura together and the violent raging jealousy of genjutsu Hinata I wouldn't call it out of the realm of possibility that Sakura and Menma weren't progressing to something beyond friendship before he left the village and gave into the dark Kyuubi and then started attacking villages.

This isn't a strict genjutsu. It's status is kind of a muddle. I guess we should just call it an AU to make it less difficult. But even the movie real world that Kishimoto creates for the movie is an AU from manga canon or even the anime adaption AU. Even Pierrot makes this clear by explicitly creating a filler episode not connected in any way to their anime adaption of the manga. Pierrot's anime adaption of the manga creates another AU, because they outright have altered the story in overt ways too much with the filler moments, and overt characterization differences. Then you have their Konoha HS variant (this one wasn't just a ending animation bit, they created two drama CD in this variant, so it's a full fledged variant. The other movies also have had no real connection to either the manga or TV anime adaption, so each movie is yet another variant or AU of the Naruto story. There's a lot of AU just from Kishimoto and Pierrot alone, so may as well go with the genjutsu world is actually an AU.

Edited by Smiter, 11 August 2012 - 06:24 PM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#5359 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Aug 8 2012, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sakura truly does shine in this movie, and I can't wait to see it! I can't see Naruto wanting to leave, coming to the realization that this version of Minato and Kushina aren't his, without Sakura. It was her words regarding the cloak and heroes, plus the fact that Minato and Kushina didn't want to go save her that led Naruto to realizing that he needed to return home and leave his fantasy world. Then on top of all that, she saved him in the final battle too! Naruto would have lost without her. This kind of spot light has been long overdue, imo, and I can only hope that Kishi replicates it in the manga.

This just goes to show that even if Sakura cannot match Naruto power wise, she can still be an invaluable asset to him in fights and just as a life partner in general.

I think the best way to put it is that Naruto was able to win her heart over because he put her feelings and happiness before his own, and tried his best to be there for her even when he believed that she didn't return his feelings. Love shouldn't be selfish or possessive, but about wanting the other person to be happy.

This message comes through very well from both sides of the relationship, Sakura's especially in this movie. They have both become incredibly selfless for each other, especially given where they both started out. I agree with those that say Naruto and Sakura's characterization in the beginning of the movie was much closer to their part one selves. It makes sense to do this given that Kishi wanted to make this movie to appeal to newcomers who hadn't really seen much of Naruto before.

Lately a new possibility that can happen in the manga was Itachi's quote. This is new to me. People in here and in NF are saying that Itachi's quote about Naruto needed someone to make him stronger. I don't know what chapter is it, but I would like someone to link me to it. Anyway, Itachi say something about if there's someone close to a ninja, he/she will become stronger. The strange part is that he used Minato and Kushina as a best example. What does this means? I don't know, but if it holds something important, then I look forward to Naruto's answer.

Thank you for pointing out on what was I saying. You made it much clearer. happy.gif

#5360 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Paptala @ Aug 8 2012, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hinata save Naruto's life in chapter 437 right? Now many beliefs that Naruto need to end with Hinata because of that event.

Sakura saves Naruto's life against Zabuza when she saves him from getting hit with Zabuza's sword.
Sakura .... ..... ..................... Orochimaru, she saves him from a fatal fall.
Sakura protected Naruto and Sasuke's life against the sound ninjas.
Sakura also helps Naruto from some fatal injuries when he went on 4 tail mode.
Sakura Save Naruto's life in the Movie.

5 vs 1

The only difference between Hinata and Sakura is that Hinata has a crush on Naruto while Sakura is really concerned about Naruto's life. I wonder if Kishi also feel worried that he try to paint Sakura in a good light but people still try to find a way to bash her.

I also can say that since Ino vs Sakura and the Kiba vs Naruto, Sakura has been a complete different person with Naruto, but after he reaffirmed his promise to her, she became more caring with him, the Kyuubi secret create a protectiveness towards Naruto, and Sai's revelation creat the speculation that she will eventually return his feelings. So people who haven't seen these changes can always be considered biased since they support pairings that are miles away from Naruto and Sakura's evolution (growing affection in the Manga).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users