115 replies to this topic

#81 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

Sasuke ultimately wasn't portrayed properly to end up with Sakura. To say nothing of how Sakura was portrayed. It's about as appropriate as Sasuke becoming Hokage in the end. Actually, I think that would have been better. Give Sasuke the Hokage spot instead of giving him Sakura. Yes, you destroy one of Naruto's dreams that he spent the entire story striving for. But you did that anyway. This way, Sakura is at least not destroyed, so it's an improvement on what happened.

And I can't imagine Sasuke having an arc like Majin Vegeta at all. He was a villain the whole time. Then he sort of loses to Naruto, but not really. Then he becomes good because trying to keep fighting Naruto would be awkward and too much trouble. The existence of Goku made Vegeta feel humiliated. He had no choice but to turn heel again because Goku was only back for one day. Sasuke never had to feel inferior because of Kishimoto liking him so much. He's always able to feel good about himself despite his terrible choices. He has the rest of his life to prove how much cooler he is than Naruto now. It's really pathetic.

Edited by DrK, 02 December 2017 - 09:09 PM.

#82 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

The One True Demi-Goddess of Misfortune

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, things, people.

https://twitter.com/Huldra_Nix

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:17 PM

Guh could you actually imagine Sasuke as Hokage? You either get a Fascist or someone who literally does not GAF. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611991db478fd57f4321b
                                         Pls shame me for procrastinating.  :argh: 

#83 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

Guh could you actually imagine Sasuke as Hokage? You either get a Fascist or someone who literally does not GAF. 

I can't even imagine Sasuke as a bad ass with a awesome theme song.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 02 December 2017 - 09:45 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#84 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

"You are a fool. I'm going to crush you, and throw you into the wind."

Vegeta's so cool. So expressive. kitten Sasuke.

#85 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

Sasuke is one of those characters who come across as transparent attempts by the creators to be cool. Nothing like this guy here

iSP2FNe.png

Just making your day a little brighter.

#86 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:48 PM

There is something to be said about characters who are created to be "Cool" look at original Dante from Devil may Cry. He was the epitome of coolness, but a good dude. Hellsing is a series that was literally just the creator taking everything he thought was cool and smashing it all over his pages, but it worked because no one was trying to convince you of things that you weren't being shown.

"Sasuke is my friend!" No. One. Sees. That. No one. And if they are seeing it they don't have real friends. 

Sasuke doesn't even have any good banter. 

Edited by Tsuki Hoshino, 02 December 2017 - 10:50 PM.

#87 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:31 PM

"Show, don't tell" is a good rule to live by, but the one Kishimoto needed was "Don't tell the exact opposite of what you have shown"

#88 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:36 PM

"Show, don't tell" is a good rule to live by, but the one Kishimoto needed was "Don't tell the exact opposite of what you have shown"

Yeah, no kidding, and don't explain why you did when you follow THAT rule XP

#89 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:39 PM

i mean honestly, isn't that one of the biggest problems of Naruto in the end? Kishimoto isn't just constantly TELLING but not showing, he's actively or inadvertently telling and showing the opposite of what he's claiming. "Naruto didn't ever really love Sakura." Well thats not what was shown. "Naruto and Sasuke are brothers." Thats not what was shown and Sasuke even said "We're not brothers." 

"Hinata was always there." Where? because no one SAW her except you know...hiding and stuttering in the shadows. 

Sasuke loves Sakura....despite showing and saying repeatedly that he doesn't. 

Sarada is Sakura's daughter despite not looking anything like her.

"Revenge is like bad." Okay but Naruto just called a revenge obsessed freak "The coolest guy." and Sasuke whose entire reason for existing revolves solely around revenge is the author's beloved pet. 

#90 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

i mean honestly, isn't that one of the biggest problems of Naruto in the end? Kishimoto isn't just constantly TELLING but not showing, he's actively or inadvertently telling and showing the opposite of what he's claiming. "Naruto didn't ever really love Sakura." Well thats not what was shown. "Naruto and Sasuke are brothers." Thats not what was shown and Sasuke even said "We're not brothers." 

"Hinata was always there." Where? because no one SAW her except you know...hiding and stuttering in the shadows. 

Sasuke loves Sakura....despite showing and saying repeatedly that he doesn't. 

Sarada is Sakura's daughter despite not looking anything like her.

"Revenge is like bad." Okay but Naruto just called a revenge obsessed freak "The coolest guy." and Sasuke whose entire reason for existing revolves solely around revenge is the author's beloved pet. 

And with the revenge thing also with Team Asuma wanting revenge against Hidan,e ven if I saw it more as Shikamaru wanting to make up for his "mistakes" rather than facing them like a man.

#91 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

And with the revenge thing also with Team Asuma wanting revenge against Hidan,e ven if I saw it more as Shikamaru wanting to make up for his "mistakes" rather than facing them like a man.

I'm okay with that, just because it gave us the scene with Shikamaru burying Hidan, which was great. There needed to be more moments like that and less hyperfocus on Uchiha.

#92 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:08 AM

Prt one Naruto wasn't afraid to be gritty and dark. Part one showed that reality is messy and complicated and being a Ninja isn't a joke. Part 2 showed that being a ninja IS A joke and the stakes really are never that high if you've got the right friends. 

#93 AHK

AHK

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, The Breaker, Fairy Tail, BnHA, Twin Star Exorcists, Shokugeki no Soma, Owari no Seraph, BnHA, Akatsuki no Yona, Noragami, Magi, Akame Ga Kill, Attack on Titan, HotD, SAO, HxH, Ao no Exorcist, NnT

LuNa, Touken, EragonxArya, MiriShep, NS, SoumaxErina, IzuOcha, RokuBeni, NaLu, ShioonxJinnie, YuxShinoa, HakYona, SaberxShirou, Yatori, MK, EreMika

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:44 AM

A lot of the below is a lie. Since it's long, going to reply within the quote. Assuming this is what we also mean by "Detailed post".

Answering the last outside of the quote.

If you are saying Hinata let Neji die so she could have her time with Naurto, you're lying. 

If you're saying Boruto is not canon, you're lying. 

But wow, really low calling a child Hepatitis. Seriously? 

Be honest. Stop twisting interviews and making things up that aren't even true. And try to reduce your bashing, calling a child Hepatitis is just downright awful and doesn't make you look like a good person at all.

Hold the phone. You are the absolute last person that needs to tell somebody to “be honest, stop twisting interviews and making things up that aren’t true”.

The very first “correction” you made of that previous post was bs on your part, you blatantly twisted it to suit yourself. We’ve already had this discussion. It wasn’t a simple joke. Everything he said was supported by what Kishi wrote in the story. He meant that her “love” was equivalent to a drug addiction. You can joke and be completely serious about the point you were making. He was not kidding when he implied that her gross obsession with Sasuke was unhealthy for her.

This ridiculous bravado you put on is honestly embarrassing.

EXL5X4B.png

"I am the One-Eyed King."

#94 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:57 AM

Sasuke ultimately wasn't portrayed properly to end up with Sakura. To say nothing of how Sakura was portrayed. It's about as appropriate as Sasuke becoming Hokage in the end. Actually, I think that would have been better. Give Sasuke the Hokage spot instead of giving him Sakura. Yes, you destroy one of Naruto's dreams that he spent the entire story striving for. But you did that anyway. This way, Sakura is at least not destroyed, so it's an improvement on what happened.

And I can't imagine Sasuke having an arc like Majin Vegeta at all. He was a villain the whole time. Then he sort of loses to Naruto, but not really. Then he becomes good because trying to keep fighting Naruto would be awkward and too much trouble. The existence of Goku made Vegeta feel humiliated. He had no choice but to turn heel again because Goku was only back for one day. Sasuke never had to feel inferior because of Kishimoto liking him so much. He's always able to feel good about himself despite his terrible choices. He has the rest of his life to prove how much cooler he is than Naruto now. It's really pathetic.

Hence why once some of my stories are done I shall be doing another one which Sasuke meets Pan and despite being younger Pan owns Sasuke ass, and it shall hurt Sasuke more cause Pan is a Saiyan, and no before anyone ask she will not be Super Saiyan that is for far latter and for a good moment which Pan will earn it, aka pain of loss and anger.

#95 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:00 AM

Hold the phone. You are the absolute last person that needs to tell somebody to “be honest, stop twisting interviews and making things up that aren’t true”.

The very first “correction” you made of that previous post was bs on your part, you blatantly twisted it to suit yourself. We’ve already had this discussion. It wasn’t a simple joke. Everything he said was supported by what Kishi wrote in the story. He meant that her “love” was equivalent to a drug addiction. You can joke and be completely serious about the point you were making. He was not kidding when he implied that her gross obsession with Sasuke was unhealthy for her.

This ridiculous bravado you put on is honestly embarrassing.

You-Know-Who won't admit it, no matter what you do, AHK, but you're not wrong, she should realize what she is saying, even if she doesn't care.

#96 DrK

DrK

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:03 AM

Hence why once some of my stories are done I shall be doing another one which Sasuke meets Pan and despite being younger Pan owns Sasuke ass, and it shall hurt Sasuke more cause Pan is a Saiyan, and no before anyone ask she will not be Super Saiyan that is for far latter and for a good moment which Pan will earn it, aka pain of loss and anger.

Why not just have Videl kick his ass? He doesn't deserve to fight a Saiyan, honestly. Even Raditz would destroy him.

#97 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:25 AM

Why not just have Videl kick his ass? He doesn't deserve to fight a Saiyan, honestly. Even Raditz would destroy him.

Lol well both Pan and Videl are in the Naruto world, and both will kick his ass Videl when they first meet.

#98 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:38 AM

Prt one Naruto wasn't afraid to be gritty and dark. Part one showed that reality is messy and complicated and being a Ninja isn't a joke. Part 2 showed that being a ninja IS A joke and the stakes really are never that high if you've got the right friends. 

This is one of those areas where the execution of the story fails. Naruto enters the ninja world with bright eyes and big aspirations. He's pretty innocent to the truth of the occupation and the nature of his world is repeatedly shoved into his face. It's a cruel world full of injustices, revenge, grudges and hatred. It's not a nice place.

Part of Naruto's character is he's supposed to challenge such a world. He's supposed to see the atrocities and reject them. Forget revenge, screw tradition, let bygones be bygones. This is why he is able to connect to enemies like Haku and Gaara. If you really wanted to get into it  his end game should have been about dismantling the ninja world and even rejecting the idea of becoming Hokage, maybe while Sasuke ends up amassing his followers as he becomes another cog in the system of this world.

In the end Naruto does commit to making the world a better place, but it's really a half-assed ending. It's not bad to have idealism, but one must also temper that with maturity. The series lost the latter though as time went on. There's a difference between emphasizing with a guy and saying Obito is the coolest. There's forgiveness and there's letting Orochimaru walk around as a free man. Have they ever cleared up the whole branch family thing with the Hyuuga family? In the end, the series just wants to make being a ninja something any kid would want to do. It's a world trying to sugarcoat itself, and Naruto's son ends up entering the same line of work as his father.  All it wants to say is Naruto's time was better than Kakashi's, Kakashi's childhood was still better than the days before the hidden villages, and Boruto is growing up in a happier time than his father.

Plus, SP wanted to continue milking the franchise.

Edited by RulesofNature, 03 December 2017 - 02:47 AM.

iSP2FNe.png

#99 Tsuki Hoshino

Tsuki Hoshino

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:47 AM

The fact that the series even continues churning out Ninjas just means that Naruto never accomplished anything at all and "The chosen one." is a lie.

So Jiraiya and Nagato and Pain all died for nothing :zaru: They all fought for nothing in the end. 

#100 RulesofNature

RulesofNature

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:13 AM

The fact that the series even continues churning out Ninjas just means that Naruto never accomplished anything at all and "The chosen one." is a lie.

So Jiraiya and Nagato and Pain all died for nothing :zaru: They all fought for nothing in the end. 

This is another aspect of the series that works against the ending. The series is framed around the idea of the young surpassing the old. It's a common theme, the old ways die out while new ways of thinking are embraced. Naruto just makes it out that the next generation are stronger than their predecessors (because screw hard work and dedication, perfecting one's skills and all that. Kids will just be OP), and making things a little bit better. Traditional thinking is still being embraced and is going to be a major focus of Boruto's development if the flash forward means anything. They're not tearing down the system that turned people into weapons, they're just giving it a brighter coat of paint while saying it's better than it used to be.

iSP2FNe.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sasusaku

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users