• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:30 PM

I wonder if someone has read this manga. It is one of my favorites, and I consider it a classic. It has action, drama, romance...

Oh, and the main pairing is WELL-DEVELOPED! And the building goes to SOMEWHERE!

Ryo Saeba is a sweeper -a blend of private eye and hitman- that works in the Tokyo's underworld together his partner, Kaori Makimura. Ryo is a real professional, a sharp detective, an excellent sharp-shooter... and a big pervert that only accepts female customers and tries -keyword: tries- to flirt with them... something that does not feel well with his incredibly jealousy, tremendously violent tsundere partner.

The series is very, very, very funny. And the characters are very well developed. Every one of them has a complex background that gives him complexity.

For example, Ryo comes across like a pervert, an idiot and a big child... and then he gets serious, and the contrast is SCARY. And when we found out why he is like that... well, it is pretty sad and you can not help to pity him. And you realize that he acts like a clown because he does not want that Kaori or someone else worries about him.

I recommend give it a try. The stories are good and the art is great. And if you ship RyoxKaori, your ship is safe. Trust me.

Link

Link

Link

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#2 Dynared

Dynared

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

I'm going to start reading the manga.  So far my only real exposure to the franchise is the Jackie Chan movie with the hilariously trippy Street Fighter II sequence.

#3 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:20 PM

Bwahahahah! I had forgotten about that movie.

But seriously, the manga is way better than the movie.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users