#81 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (Dreamer @ Aug 16 2012, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just pre-ordered my copy a few minutes ago. biggrin.gif It's on sale for ~$25 on Amazon right now, which is a pretty good deal, considering it's priced at around $40, and fans were spending twice that to get the Japanese version before this localization was announced.

Also, on that note...

Hyrule Historia outsells Fifty Shades of Gray for No. 1 Spot on Amazon

Hurray! Zelda will always triumph over Twilight Fanfiction! laugh.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 20 August 2012 - 01:57 AM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#82 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:13 AM

Oh lawd I haven't posted on this forum for ages let alone on this topic oh gosh argh1.png

Anyways since I'm so outdated with gaming news and blah blah, has there been any news on future installments, remakes or whatever? confused.gif

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Aug 20 2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is seriously the hardest I've ever laughed this month. 111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif 111189.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#83 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

I'll probably get the Japanese version too for collectors sake.

#84 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ Aug 20 2012, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh lawd I haven't posted on this forum for ages let alone on this topic oh gosh argh1.png

Senpai! I haven't seen you here in forever!!! wow.png

Anyways since I'm so outdated with gaming news and blah blah, has there been any news on future installments, remakes or whatever? confused.gif

I haven't heard anything for a while. I know Eiji tweeted something about a "New" Legend of Zelda a while back (with emphasis on the "New", like the New Super Mario Bros. series), and Miyamoto made a comment about wanting to draw influence from ALttP for a new title, but both of those comments were made Pre-E3, so it's been a while. I'm still waiting patiently for Majora's Mask 3D. happy.gif

#85 Dreamer

Dreamer

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,952 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:28 PM

Nintendo Power Shutting Down

Well, darn it.

cool Zelda: Majora's Mask remix 'Shikashi's Dream' [Astral Observatory]

Edited by Dreamer, 22 August 2012 - 03:32 AM.

#86 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Aug 19 2012, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just pre-ordered my copy a few minutes ago. biggrin.gif It's on sale for ~$25 on Amazon right now, which is a pretty good deal, considering it's priced at around $40, and fans were spending twice that to get the Japanese version before this localization was announced.

Also, on that note...

WELL I know what I'M GETTING!!!!! a_dance.gif any news on Zelda Wii U yet?

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 October 2012 - 11:08 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#87 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ Aug 21 2012, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Senpai! I haven't seen you here in forever!!! wow.png

I haven't heard anything for a while. I know Eiji tweeted something about a "New" Legend of Zelda a while back (with emphasis on the "New", like the New Super Mario Bros. series), and Miyamoto made a comment about wanting to draw influence from ALttP for a new title, but both of those comments were made Pre-E3, so it's been a while. I'm still waiting patiently for Majora's Mask 3D. happy.gif

ASJKSHDJFHHD MASTER BOOM~~!! powerglomp.gif

Oh, that's it? So nothing else was mentioned at E3? No other news?

I'm hoping that info concerning an original title will come about sooner or later. It's nice to know a remake of Majora's Mask is being considered, but I'm more interested in new material. It's been almost a year since the release of Skyward Sword and I don't want yet another entire year without Zelda. arg.gif On a side note, I wonder if Project Moonfall still exists. x)

Sorry for the extremely late reply btw. confused.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#88 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

The Wii U is out in Canada!!!!! a_dance.gif So all we gotta do is wait for the Zelda announcement!!! cool.gif

#89 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Kotaku showed a sneak preview of the Zelda manga in Hyrule Historia:

Hyrule Historia Sneak Peek

I've preordered mine, should get it 1st February. smile.gif

#90 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

OHHH!!!!!! But usually The manga does not portray the canon of the story. Should still be a good read though. But I was thinking if it hits store shelves I'll just but it with Cash. I don't want t use Credit card too often smile.gif

#91 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

NEWS!!!!!

http://wiiudaily.com...me-coming-2014/

#92 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

Too bad we'll have to wait till 2014 though... sad.gif

#93 neoshadow

neoshadow

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Reading that article I'm disappointed to hear that Nintendo is still non committal about adding voice acting, I know Nintendo's track record with voice acting is spotty at best but they shouldn't just give up. I get that The Legend of Zelda is perhaps the holy grail of videogames but as long as its treated with care and respect I think voices could add a lot to the series. The Legend of Zelda series is getting increasingly story heavy and I feel that you can only have so much story before it becomes a chore for the player to read increasingly long monologues (I've already seen that criticism from people against Skyward Sword).

I think people fear that they will give Link a voice (and then flashbacks of "Excuuuuuuuse me Princess" pop into their heads) but Link can still remain silent but it may require taking away the option to name him yourself something I don't think is a problem considering his name is canonically Link and that's what everyone calls him.

Still I'm excited I only just recently got into Zelda (only played Ocarina of Time for the first time last year). I do kind of wish they'd go back to a style like Wind Waker though that was my favourite art style and it's guaranteed to not age as technology increases.

Now I just have to get a WiiU.

#94 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (neoshadow @ Jan 9 2013, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Reading that article I'm disappointed to hear that Nintendo is still non committal about adding voice acting, I know Nintendo's track record with voice acting is spotty at best but they shouldn't just give up. I get that The Legend of Zelda is perhaps the holy grail of videogames but as long as its treated with care and respect I think voices could add a lot to the series. The Legend of Zelda series is getting increasingly story heavy and I feel that you can only have so much story before it becomes a chore for the player to read increasingly long monologues (I've already seen that criticism from people against Skyward Sword).

I think people fear that they will give Link a voice (and then flashbacks of "Excuuuuuuuse me Princess" pop into their heads) but Link can still remain silent but it may require taking away the option to name him yourself something I don't think is a problem considering his name is canonically Link and that's what everyone calls him.

Still I'm excited I only just recently got into Zelda (only played Ocarina of Time for the first time last year). I do kind of wish they'd go back to a style like Wind Waker though that was my favourite art style and it's guaranteed to not age as technology increases.

I have to second your opinion on the art style. I simply adore Wind Waker and it is my favorite style by far. Although I figured they would go in a Skyward Sword direction since Nintendo seemed to be testing out changing some of the core gameplay (or it at least seems core since it's been virtually unchanged since the beginning of the series). An Example would be that in Skyward Sword you can sprint and you begin with 4 hearts instead of three.

Although I'd actually hope Nintendo holds onto their no voice acting tradition. I can understand why people would like it since recent games have started to get great and well utilized voice acting. But I don't think the medium (video games) calls for it. I don't want to read a bunch either. A deep and complex story can be told without speech or text and it's often better that why i think.

video games are a unique medium. Its a sensory and atmospheric experience, especially since it's interactive. When you involve to much talking and words it become about thinking. I think video games should about gut experience, that is what video games are best suited for. If you want speech to be a driving factor in a story, make a movie.

All I really should say is that my best video game experiences are times when I'm exploring hyrule field under that spooky moon and the music is coaxing me into a solemn mood, not when i'm listening to someone blabber or trying to read through dialogue.

Then again, I do like the low timber of Master Chief's voice biggrin.gif

#95 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:53 AM

The only real problem I have with voice acting in Zelda is that, at least for me, the games don't seem intended to provide a cinematic experience. I've always felt the atmosphere of the games to be more comparable to reading a story book or a fairy tale, following the lore and immersing yourself in the world, rather than watching scene after scene unfold. And part of that, I think, is allowing your imagination to fill in some of the blanks. I wouldn't be averse to the games attempting some experimentation into that cinematic quality realm, as long as the core gameplay and formula weren't drastically altered. I just think it's a very narrow line to cross, trying to provide that experience without sacrificing what really makes the games what they are.

As for Link though, he really needs to actually talk before they can consider including him in a voice cast. XD

QUOTE (neoshadow @ Jan 10 2013, 12:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know Nintendo's track record with voice acting is spotty at best but they shouldn't just give up.

Actually, just having played Kid Icarus: Uprising, I'd say Nintendo's starting to wise up in that area. They fully out-sourced the English voice acting for that game, and I actually found the voice acting to be pretty enjoyable. No one really famous (err as famous as voice actors get anyway), but it did include some relatively well-known VAs, like Ali Hillis and Troy Baker. If they went with a cast like that in a voice-acted Zelda game, I think I'd be pretty impressed. Just as long as they don't do it in-house. unsure.gif

...I don't think is a problem considering his name is canonically Link and that's what everyone calls him.

Hmm, I don't know if I'd agree with that. Everyone calls him that, sure, and it's his name in the manga canon, but he's really intended to be an avatar for the player. It's why the character doesn't talk (other than interjections and occasional short commands), and also why the game lets you name him. I recall reading somewhere that the character was supposed to be the "link" between the game and the player, which further cements him as actual avatar character (versus a regular action RPG hero, I guess).

Welcome to the fandom! happy.gif

And yeah, I also loved Wind Waker's art style. I felt like I was playing in a painting or something! Skyward Sword also really appealed to me, though the art wasn't quite the same as WW. I really wished they'd go in that direction in a future console release, but judging by how Twilight Princess sold, and the reception the Wii U demo got, it seems like more fans like that darker, more realistic style. Which is a shame, since I prefer a more animated style over photo-realism. Though I suppose I'd like to play it before coming to conclusions.

#96 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (neoshadow @ Jan 9 2013, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh they don't do voice acting not because they are afraid of change. It's just that part Of Zelda's appeal is that Link serves as the player's avatar so the player can imagine or feel that they ARE Link and play and act as they see fit themselves.. He was made as a mute protagonist or this reason. So I'd love the concept of voice actors but it would contradict that concept

Edited by Phantom_999, 13 January 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#97 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

New Zelda announcements!

Still no images or solid info on the Zelda Wii U game but they did confirm what I have been saying about their approach. They said they are "going back to basics" but more interestingly "questioning the established conventions of zelda". Pointing to specific examples of completing dungeons in order and playing by yourself.

Looks like this new one is going to change the zelda franchise a lot.

It's funny I was just talking about Wind Waker on here to because they have announced a Wind Waker HD for Wii U! They have some images out and it looks great.

#98 Lucky Star

Lucky Star

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Reading,writing, sleeping, piano,t.v, video games,taekwondo, fangirling

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (jworks @ Jan 23 2013, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's funny I was just talking about Wind Waker on here to because they have announced a Wind Waker HD for Wii U! They have some images out and it looks great.

Wind Waker ! wow.png It's my favorite Zelda game so far (though I'm still not finished Skyward Sword)

tumblr_n6o7sf8a9T1qf4xsdo1_r2_500.gif

Moving of the earth brings harms and fears; Men reckon what it did, and meant;
But trepidation of the spheres,Though greater far, is innocent. (John Donne)

#99 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (jworks @ Jan 23 2013, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Zelda announcements!

Still no images or solid info on the Zelda Wii U game but they did confirm what I have been saying about their approach. They said they are "going back to basics" but more interestingly "questioning the established conventions of zelda". Pointing to specific examples of completing dungeons in order and playing by yourself.

Looks like this new one is going to change the zelda franchise a lot.

They're reporting it for the Wii U? biggrin.gif

#100 jworks

jworks

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Jan 23 2013, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They're reporting it for the Wii U? biggrin.gif

Yes, that's what I wrote. This fall.

Edited by jworks, 24 January 2013 - 06:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users