• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#141 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:51 PM

Oh no, it's almost 12am and I still haven't done the third question yet D:

Q: What did you think of Fi as your guide? (compared to previous ones)
Instead of posting tl;dr paragraphs, I'll just post a list of stuff sort of related to my thoughts on Fi:

~ She's cute :3
~ She's the Master (with a capital M) of fourth wall-breaking.
~ She sounds like a Vocaloid and it really turns me on lol.
~ At least this one can actually sound like she speaks properly. I guess Midna can too, but my point is at least she's not repeating HEY LISTEN and stuff ><
~ "MASTER. Did you know boots go on feet?" Enough said.
~ She's actually pretty useful when I *really* need help.
~ The chiming stuff gets pretty annoying.
~ She's very um... robotic compared to the other guides. It really sets her apart from the others in terms of personality and stuff :3
~ SHE DEVELOPS EMOTIONS!! I seriously cried when she had to part ways with the hero. I was practically screaming at my plasma telling Link not to put back the Master Sword in the pedestal (of time?). After that, I will never look at the Master Sword the same way ever again, knowing that whenever you take hold of the Master Sword, no matter who you have as a guide, Fi will always be there ;_;
~ She could help me out with my math problems 8D

tl;dr again, in a nutshell, I really loved Fi overall. In my first playthrough I surprisingly wasn't bothered by her obvious statements and calculations and stuff. Only the second time I started to take note of it, but yeah.

JA2DBzd.png

#142 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hmm. Show me the site for the challenge if I want to do it. biggrin.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#143 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ May 8 2012, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm. Show me the site for the challenge if I want to do it. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Rocket @ May 5 2012, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

4. What did you think of the new items that were introduced?

I loved almost all of them, and I was still pleased with the rest. Even though a few of the items were intended solely for the dungeons they were found in, they at least had use outside of dungeons, unlike some past items *looks at Spinner*. The Whip proved handy in capturing items, and I still get occasional amusement blowing stuff around with the Sacred Leaf Blower Gust Bellows. And the Beetle was way more useful than a boomerang. With that, I could scout out my path instead of just charging into a group of Bokoblins. tongue.gif

I also thought the upgrade system was phenomenal, and I really hope it returns in future games. It gave it more of an RPG feel, and gave you more reason to side-track from the main story, depending on how powerful you wanted your items. The pouch system was a great idea too, IMO. It was cool how it let you customize your equipment based on what sort of adventure you prefer. For example, I never used my slingshot after getting the bow, and I never seemed to use more than 10 bombs at a time, so my pouch almost always had two large quivers, as well as the heart medals that let me reach my 20-heart maximum. happy.gif

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#144 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:roses are red, dark clouds are grey.... the rumour come out: does jumin han is gay?

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:29 AM

Day 4~ (omg spoiler title reminds me of that MM glitch XDD;;) --Click here to view--
Q: What did you think of the new items that were introduced?
First of all, I'd like to say that the Beetle is, simply put, the best thing ever.

There's not much I can say about the items, aside from the fact that I enjoyed using them all. I also figured that the bug net would be more use than just catching bugs and other insects, if you know what I mean~ heheelq7.png

This isn't really fighting gear per se, but I'd also like to say that I am extremely happy that the Sailcloth was added. Finally something that would save Link from a faceplant from landing on the ground too hard. XDD; In previous installments, it was either Link jumps and loses a few hearts, or in games like Ocarina of Time, you had to press the A button before Link hits the ground to roll and prevent him from losing life, and sometimes it just wouldn't work, no matter how many times you mash that damn button. I was starting to get a little agitated with losing so many hearts just because of crash landing on the ground, so I'm glad the Sailcloth now exists. There was the Deku Leaf in Wind Waker, but that didn't serve as a faceplant saver. confused.gif

I really liked the idea of adding Adventure Pouches as well. No more bottles and gear all crammed up in the one inventory screen. XD; But the real reason I liked it was because it has eight spaces to put whatever you want~! It let me put more useful items in there. I tend to use the bow quite a lot (read: ALL THE TIME), so I ended up having about three large quivers, and two large bomb bags I think. To me those ammo items were vital to my adventure so~~ :3

There was one thing I wasn't particular happy about: shield durability. Why did Nintendo have to add shield durability, why?! This is not Smash Bros, okay? arg.gif Then again I was never good at shield bashing, so I guess that contributes to my disliking for breaking shields. ^^; Which brings us back to the Adventure Pouches, I would always carry a bottle of Revitalizing Potion++. laugh.gif Yes, I really suck that much at shield bashing.

On a more positive note about the shields, I did think that the durability made the shields seem more... realistic. Also, I liked how each shield has different abilities, like how the Fortified Shield is the strongest shield (not counting the Hylian Shield) and protects Link from anything but electricity, and then we have the Sacred Shield and its upgrades that can protect Link from all types of attacks, repair itself and give off light. That's right, Cursed Bokoblins, back away. tongue.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#145 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

5. Did you like how the Wiimotion+ was incorporated or not?

Yes, yes, and double yes!!! I've never loved motion controls this much before playing SS. I couldn't believe how accurate it was, like any small movement of the Wii remote would resister. I really felt immersed in the combat sequences. I would actually go out of my way to fight every enemy in the area sometimes, since fighting was so much fun.
I especially had fun taking random stances and yelling "BANKAI!" at the screen. tongue.gif

I really hope the next console Zelda allows the use of MP+, as well as the tablet. It'd be a shame to move away from motion controls after how much they perfected it with Skyward Sword.

#146 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Q: Did you like how the Wiimotion+ was incorporated or not?
Sure did! Or at least, I certainly had no problems with it whatsoever.

I don't get why people like the button controls so much, or less motion controls like in TP. I know it makes gameplay easier, but motion controls are so much fun! Plus it made the gameplay seem so realistic, like as if you're in the adventure. It's pretty much what the other games try to do, but you swing a sword and hold a shield. You don't go off on an adventure and literally attack by button mashing, right?

kruemelmonsteryn0.gif

Oh, and much love for allowing players to make Link run around and hold his sword in the air like an idiot. <3

On the downside, it is the sole reason my arm ached so much while I was playing. XDD;;

And while I'm here, I found a little something:
PARTEH TYMZ~~ --Click here to view--

JA2DBzd.png

#147 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (Rocket @ May 10 2012, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And while I'm here, I found a little something:

111189.gif

6. Which Surface Region did you enjoy most?

Hmm, tough call. Out of the three provinces, I'd say I preferred the Faron Province. I loved the wide color pallet, the fun layout, and, of course, the Kikwis! It was also the location of the Ancient Cistern, my favorite dungeon.

Out of every single 'region' though, I'd say my favorite would have to be the Sand Sea. Mostly because of all those mini-dungeons, that awesome roller-coaster mini-game, and that general Wind Waker vibe. cool.gif

#148 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

Q: Which Surface Region did you enjoy most?
Popular opinion, the Faron Woods. I loved them all, but that one appealed to me the most.

I'm not one for forest-based locations, but this place was just SO. DAMN. COLOURFUL. wow.png Which brings me to my love for the game's art style. If the game had an art style similar to TP's, then I probably wouldn't like Faron Woods as much (wasn't too fond of the actual place in TP anyways). So as you can see, I do love my colour. biggrin.gif

I thought the place was just so freaking cute as well! Even the things in it: the Kikwis, the mushrooms, the birds and everything else were so kawaii desu~

Hell even Bucha the Kikwi elder was cute too~!

JA2DBzd.png

#149 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:29 AM

7. Which Surface Region did you enjoy the least?

Probably the whole general Eldin region. It wasn't bad, by any means, and scaling the mountain was fun, but the region wasn't as varied as the Faron and Lanayru provinces. The color scheme was pretty much the same throughout the whole area, and the dungeons weren't nearly as awesome as the other four main dungeons (Fire Sanctuary was cool, but it's hard to compete with the Ancient Cistern, Sandship, and Mining Facility).

For a specific region, I'd say the Inner Volcano/Volcano Crater was probably my least favorite, with how small it seemed.

The Mogmas were cool, though. I hope to see them again. happy.gif

Edited by Boom...Winning, 12 May 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#150 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Q: Which Surface Region did you enjoy the least?
It's hard to choose because I really enjoyed them all, but I'd probably have to say the Lanayru Desert. Well, save for the Sand Sea of course. tongue.gif

That one was really enjoyable, it was very big and open, and it wasn't too dull or whatever. It's just that there were just too many places that had quicksand for my liking. Even running a meter over quicksand would eat away more than half the stamina gauge, and sometimes attempting to stop an Ampilus to get on its shell can be difficult.

My biggest complaint would have to be the freaking birds dropping rocks on you EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. TIME.

JA2DBzd.png

#151 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

8. What is your opinion on the introduced concept of upgrading items?

Funny, Zelda Informer just had an article about this, regarding the RPG vibe the game sort of gave off.

Anyways, the equipment customization was one of my favorite parts of the game, so of course I loved it. smile.gif I almost preferred running around looking for the necessary treasures and bugs over the actual side-quests sometimes. I think it was because getting upgraded items seemed like a much better prize than those silly Grabitude Crackles. fu.png

My only real gripe with the feature was how a lot of items couldn't be upgraded. I would have enjoyed upgrading the Clawshots to Longshots, or the Whip to like an Electric Attack Whip or something, for example. I still enjoyed upgrading the rest of the items, though, and I liked having to work to get the Ultimate Potions and Weapons in this game, instead of just paying someone a lot of money, or finding something in a dungeon.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 12 May 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#152 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

Q: What is your opinion on the introduced concept of upgrading items?
Upgrading items... was probably one of the best ideas put in a Zelda game. wow.png

I really liked it a lot because other than making your gear stronger/more durable and all that, but the way you have to work to get your items upgraded is amazing. It puts collectible items to better use rather than for the sake of collecting them to get 100% game completion, or collecting items and selling them off. It makes said items seem more useful and more rewarding. Personally I think that the amount of items available to upgrade was adequate, although I would have added the Clawshots to the list.

Also, I'm really glad that potion upgrades were added too! No more having to continuously buy potions all over the place and fill up all your bottles (or backtracking to steal potions fu.png) when you can just use one twice~! a_dance.gif Again, the method for paying to get upgraded potions is great. The effort of bug catching really does pay off.

JA2DBzd.png

#153 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 12:47 AM

9. Which temple boss did you find the most difficult?
Most difficult temple boss? Well...on my first quest I didn't find any of the six temple bosses to be extraordinarily hard, but Fire Sanctuary Ghirahim seemed to be the most challenging of the six. His movement/attack patterns seemed to be the most random of all of them, and I never did quite get the hang of knowing where to slash him when he used that Red Parry Palm Technique.

On Hero's Quest though, I'd actually say Scaldera gave me the hardest time. The boss itself didn't seem much different than my first time fighting it, but considering there weren't as many opportunities to upgrade your health at that point in the game, and I was dumb enough to think I wouldn't need any potions/fairies to beat him, I basically had to fight Scaldera with only three hit points. And that crazy camera angle during the fight made it hard to dodge those ridiculously big fireballs and his stupid rolling attack. argh1.png

Edited by Boom...Winning, 14 May 2012 - 12:49 AM.

#154 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:25 AM

Q: Which temple boss did you find the most difficult?
TENTALUS.

That is all.

hm.png

JA2DBzd.png

#155 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:49 PM

Which temple boss did you find the most fun?

Definitely Koloktos. Its design was incredibly cool, and I thought it really suited that whole Buddhist vibe the Ancient Cistern gave off (if you don't know what I'm talking about, look back a page or two to find the article I posted). I also found it to be an incredibly fun enemy to fight, and, even though it wasn't the most challenging Zelda boss, I thought it really gave off that sense of desperation near the end that I love seeing in Zelda bosses. I also loved being able to use my enemy's weapon against him. Sort of reminded me of Wind Waker. happy.gif

#156 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

Q: Which temple boss did you find the most fun?
I would actually say that I'm stuck between choosing Koloktos and Ghirahim's final form, but my choice would have to be Koloktos since ice-cream headed Ghirahim technically isn't a *temple* boss.

Anyway. I found it to be the most enjoyable one in the entire game. Probably even in the entire series, but maybe I'm giving this boss too much credit, haha. It was just generally fun whipping its arms off, and in the second phase, hacking and slashing the enemy with its own weapons. For me I suppose it wasn't so challenging but not super easy to battle. It was something to get used to I guess, since the gold bits from its arms are solid when scattered on the ground, leaving less space to move around. [Hehe, not intended but that rhymes, just noticed~!]

Koloktos kind of scared me though, especially with the sound it makes when it's about to hit you, and the fact that its face is completely blank.

JA2DBzd.png

#157 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

11. Which temple boss was your overall favorite?

Koloktos, for the same reasons I (and Rocket-senpai) posted above. I guess I'd say Ghirahim 2.0 was a close second, though, with how unique he was. I didn't have as much fun fighting him, but I thought his character was a welcome addition to the game.

On a side note, I kinda hope he makes an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Universe...

Edited by Boom...Winning, 15 May 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#158 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

Q: Which temple boss was your overall favorite?
My answer for this question is the same as the previous, although I should probably elaborate more on why I like Ghirahim 3.0. I don't care if he's not an actual temple boss.

Well, I felt the "Endless Plunge" segment was far too easy since Ghirahim pretty much gives away what you have to do to progress through the boss, although descending levels each time was kind of fun I guess. Rather, the part I enjoyed most was when he summoned that huge sword which you have to slash to pieces, and you have to slash perpendicular to the direction he's holding the sword [some instances he would even turn the sword to a different direction]. It really puts the quick-motion swordplay to good use, although it did make my arm hurt after a while. sweatdrop.gif And of course, although not exactly as enjoyable as shattering Ghirahim's sword into bits, I did have fun with the old classic game of Dead Man's Volley.
QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ May 16 2012, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On a side note, I kinda hope he makes an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Universe...

I don't want it to be called that. arg.gif

JA2DBzd.png

#159 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

12. Which temple did you find most challenging?

Hmm, I guess I'd have to say Fire Sanctuary. I didn't care for its design as much as the Ancient Cistern or the Sandship, but I thought it was the least straight-forward of the the six. I felt like in most of them you would have basically have just one or two paths to take the entire time (not that that was a bad thing), while the Fire Sanctuary offered a little bit of path variance IMO. Plus, there were a few puzzles that sort of caught me off guard, and the water fruit thing was an interesting addition.
QUOTE (Rocket @ May 16 2012, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't want it to be called that. arg.gif

ACCEPT IT! YOU MUST THE LOVE THE U OR ELSE!!! argh1.png

Edited by Boom...Winning, 17 May 2012 - 12:31 AM.

#160 Rocket

Rocket

Nohrian scum

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:58 AM

Q: Which temple did you find most challenging?
Probably the Sandship and Sky Keep. Sandship because of the constant past-present changing with the Timeshift Stone, which is probably more tedious than challenging, but sometimes it would be kind of difficult for me to find an opening to hit the Stone, so I would be stuck in certain places. Tentalus wasn't exactly helpful either. dry.gif And Sky Keep because of its puzzleception. It was fun moving around the rooms manually, but sometimes I would end up in the wrong room. Gosh, I'm horrible at those types of puzzles. sweat.gif
QUOTE (Boom...Winning @ May 17 2012, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ACCEPT IT! YOU MUST THE LOVE THE U OR ELSE!!! argh1.png

BUT. BUT. BUT.

IT'S NOT A "FIGHT" NAME!!! arg.gif

JA2DBzd.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users