Close
Photo

So do you think that sakura was serious or not? *current manga spoilers*

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

Poll: Sakura truly in love with naruto...yes or no? (99 member(s) have cast votes)

So do you think sakura was serious or not when she exclaimed her love for naruto?

1. Yes, I think she definitely does. (61 votes [61.62%])

Percentage of vote: 61.62%

2. Yes, but not for sure. (23 votes [23.23%])

Percentage of vote: 23.23%

3. Maybe, don't really know. (7 votes [7.07%])

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

4. No (8 votes [8.08%])

Percentage of vote: 8.08%

Vote

#1 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

Lately, the narusaku buzz has just been going insane. And personally i've just been so anxious to find out the truth behind kishimotos plans. But i'd really like to hear what everyone else has to say. So this poll is to ask you all just what do you really think of sakura's confession? Was it actually real or was it all just a lie (hopefully not)...and please have something to back up your answer and have detail to your answers.

Personally I have to think about everything that's been said lately....yet even still I still think sakura wasn't lying. My proof-
Sai's confession for sakura --Click here to view--
Sai, when telling naruto what sakura couldn't...he said sakura confessed her love for naruto to make him happy
. Sai didn't say sakura was lying, he just said sakura said it to make naruto's life less of a burden. But he said nothing of her lying. We can all tell sakura cares very much about naruto. Kakashi even said that sakura didn't want to hurt naruto. she seems to care more about naruto's feelings then anyone elses including sasukes. Even though the chapter claims certain things of sakura's past strong feelings for sasuke, she's willing to now kill him to protect naruto and village. She willing to sacrifice her life for naruto. I think that tells you something of her feelings. love.gif narusakuct7.gif love.gif

Edited by naruto-z, 13 December 2009 - 11:31 PM.
Title was one big spoiler

#2 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 05 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

Sigh.

Yes, I do it. Nothing -absolutely nothing- in the text implies she was lying. Sai told she had given up on Sasuke and chose Naruto. And she plans killing Sasuke for the sake of Naruto and of Sasuke himself. Whatever lingering feelings she can keep towards Sasuke, she has made a conscious choice: Naruto.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#3 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 06:17 PM

I'm really tired of debating this. dry.gif

But all I have to say is, those things she said to Naruto about him always being there for her and Sasuke being a criminal definitely weren't lies.

#4 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 07:40 PM

Yes.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#5 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Froot @ Dec 5 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm really tired of debating this. dry.gif

But all I have to say is, those things she said to Naruto about him always being there for her and Sasuke being a criminal definitely weren't lies.

yes, i am also kinda tired of all this drama. But ofcourse kishimoto drags this out super long like he always does and gives us double meaning in all of his manga. We've all been waiting for this answer since the beginning of the manga...400+ chapters ago. I think we just all wanna know an answer thats forsure 100%

#6 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:20 PM

I think once we know the outcome...if Kishimoto does it right....the ending will be satisfying and we will say it was all worth it.

If one thing I have to admit, the suspense is probably one of the greatest I have ever read. As frustrating as it is Kishimoto is pulling all stops and you have to agree that is genius.
My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#7 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Dec 5 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think once we know the outcome...if Kishimoto does it right....the ending will be satisfying and we will say it was all worth it.

If one thing I have to admit, the suspense is probably one of the greatest I have ever read. As frustrating as it is Kishimoto is pulling all stops and you have to agree that is genius.

haha, i agree. i think kishimoto is one of the greatest writers of all time. His manga has changed my life and its affected me so much. Plus its just a great manga!!! gotta say i love kishi.

#8 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:57 PM

Help me out, what reason would Sakura have to confess to Naruto if it was a lie?

I can understand why rabid anti-Sakura fanatics would believe it is a lie, because it is completely consistent with their image of her. (She is an evil b*tch. Why would she lie to Naruto about a love confession? To manipulate his emotions. Why would she want to do that? Because she is an evil b*tch. facepalm.png )

But why would more reasonable people believe that, after the last chapter? We know now why she confessed in at such an awkward time (last chance before Naruto hates her for trying to kill Sasuke), and why Naruto wouldn't believe it (two year old image of Team 7 locked in his mind). There would be no reason for Sakura to travel all that way for a lie, and an important reason (for her) if her confession was true.

#9 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Dec 9 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Help me out, what reason would Sakura have to confess to Naruto if it was a lie?

I can understand why rabid anti-Sakura fanatics would believe it is a lie, because it is completely consistent with their image of her. (She is an evil b*tch. Why would she lie to Naruto about a love confession? To manipulate his emotions. Why would she want to do that? Because she is an evil b*tch. facepalm.png )

But why would more reasonable people believe that, after the last chapter? We know now why she confessed in at such an awkward time (last chance before Naruto hates her for trying to kill Sasuke), and why Naruto wouldn't believe it (two year old image of Team 7 locked in his mind). There would be no reason for Sakura to travel all that way for a lie, and an important reason (for her) if her confession was true.

personally, i'd love if your interpretation is correct. i certainly hope so. but i'm just trying to figure out all the possible reasons for here confession. i mean kishi was trying to get us to believe at first that she was trying to get naruto to agree with her to kill sasuke, remember? and the fact she wanted to get naruto back to the village. but your explainations good, i actually hadn't thought of that one.

#10 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Dec 9 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
personally, i'd love if your interpretation is correct. i certainly hope so. but i'm just trying to figure out all the possible reasons for her confession. i mean kishi was trying to get us to believe at first that she was trying to get naruto to agree with her to kill sasuke, remember? and the fact she wanted to get naruto back to the village. but your explainations good, i actually hadn't thought of that one.

I agree, two or three chapters ago, there were a lot more choices for what is going on.

As you pointed out, she asked Naruto to join her back in the village. If Naruto had accepted, then neither of them would have been out to kill Sasuke. That's why I think the "she loves Sasuke because she is going to try to kill him" argument is weakened: that was her fall-back plan, not her first choice.

#11 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:28 AM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Dec 10 2009, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree, two or three chapters ago, there were a lot more choices for what is going on.

As you pointed out, she asked Naruto to join her back in the village. If Naruto had accepted, then neither of them would have been out to kill Sasuke. That's why I think the "she loves Sasuke because she is going to try to kill him" argument is weakened: that was her fall-back plan, not her first choice.

agreed, manga even said that she hadn't planned on naruto actually listening to her. there's just so much going on...hahaha. and personally i think the whole "she loves sasuke because she is going to kill him" idea is really stupid. it makes no sense at all, "i love sasuke so i'm gonna kill him". it doesn't even sound right.

#12 Kenny-kun

Kenny-kun

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:36 AM

At first, I thought she was lying, but the fact of the matter is that she got angry about Naruto doubting her. You'd think that when she was caught in the lie, she'd have a different reaction (such as going into a cold sweat or getting pretty nervous). There's also the fact that her goal is to kill Sasuke. That begs the question as to why she'd go inform Naruto of anything in the first place when she could simply go kill Sasuke before anyone else did.

#13 creak

creak

Lurker

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:philosophy, indie rock, cigerettes, and coffee

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (naruto-z @ Dec 6 2009, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha, i agree. i think kishimoto is one of the greatest writers of all time. His manga has changed my life and its affected me so much. Plus its just a great manga!!! gotta say i love kishi.

not sure if i would rank Kishimoto with great writers/poets such as Shakespheare, Dostoevsky, or kittenens. but he definately deserves a place amongst the greatest mangaka of all time wink.gif
"I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved." Søren Kierkegaard

#14 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (creak @ Dec 9 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure if i would rank Kishimoto with great writers/poets such as Shakespheare, Dostoevsky, or kittenens. but he definately deserves a place amongst the greatest mangaka of all time wink.gif

That's the problem isn't it? Not everyone thinks Shakespeare was a genius. Some even hate his works entirely. kittenens too. As well as Longfellow and Kurt Vonnegut.

I bet some would say Stephanie Meyer or JK Rowling are as good, but I also remember that it like you said depends on what they are because all these writers wrote different things.

Shakespeare was a play and sonnet writer
kittenens, Longfellow, and Kurt Vonnegut were all novel writers.

Kishimoto could possibly be the kittenens of mangaka.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 10 December 2009 - 08:17 AM.

My gofundme

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#15 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (creak @ Dec 9 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am paraphrasing a joke, sorry I don't remember who said it originally...

"If Shakespeare, Dostoevsky, and kittenens are so wonderful, why were they unable to write about ninjas with demon biju? Aha, they aren't so great after all !" wink.gif

Edited by RedDelicious, 10 December 2009 - 01:15 PM.

#16 midoristic

midoristic

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:58 PM

A triple yes with a sugar coating on top!

#17 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

Yes, I think she meant it.

Do I think things will play out as she planned? Hell, no.

#18 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Dec 10 2009, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I think she meant it.

Do I think things will play out as she planned? Hell, no.

Yeah. Even if she might have lied a little, she likely meant what she said, considering how strong her feelings have been for Naruto since Shippuden began. Too bad Naruto got on her case because he wanted things to be the same and just expected Sakura to still be in love with Sasuke like she was as a kid. Shows though how naive Naruto is when it comes to a girl's heart.

Bryon

#19 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Bryon_Konoha_Ninja @ Dec 10 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah. Even if she might have lied a little, she likely meant what she said, considering how strong her feelings have been for Naruto since Shippuden began. Too bad Naruto got on her case because he wanted things to be the same and just expected Sakura to still be in love with Sasuke like she was as a kid. Shows though how naive Naruto is when it comes to a girl's heart.

Bryon

yeah, naruto's matured alot but it seems whenever it comes to sakura he's always got it wrong. he's always embarrassing himself and doing stupid things in front of sakura. but i don't he is naive, he's putting things into perspectives of what he's seen and sakura just coming out of nowhere saying how much she loves naruto is alittle sudden.

#20 naruto-z

naruto-z

The Dream Is Real

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (midoristic @ Dec 10 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A triple yes with a sugar coating on top!

hahaha, gotta say i loved the way you said it!!! tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users