113 replies to this topic

#1 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:36 AM

...I'm not complaining, really, as a matter of fact it's really kind of hawt interesting. But I'm curious as to why. Is it just NaruSaku, or am I mistaken and it's every other pairing too?

I can't wrap my mind around it. I've tried many times to analyze it on a more psychological level. Is it their physical appearance? Emotional? Behavioral? I'd like to hear your thoughts on why NaruSaku is so sexual among the fandom. (And you know it is, if you've ever perused the H & E library or searched it on DA)

#2 Seraphic Guardian

Seraphic Guardian

Chakra Seraph

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Well, Naruto, obviously! And Bleach too! Ichigo and Naruto and kinda alike. Oh! And angels and their hierarchy, including seraphim and the like. Although I'm not really religious, they're really cool!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:41 AM

Don't know exactly why, but it's a bit of everything, but also I think it might be because of the sexual tension that surrounds the couple, I guess. Don't ask me what I mean, lol. That and the conflicting, yet similar personalities. Or maybe because it's just easy to do, lol. I have no clue, really.
If that's what it means to be wise... I'd be happier living as a Fool!

#3 Zatren6

Zatren6

y

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Hockey, Drawing (even though I suck something awful), Photography, Video Games, etc.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:43 AM

Every possible pairing in Naruto has a lot of sexual fan works and fan dreams. Essentially, if there's a pairing, there's an H of it.

#4 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Sep 2 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Every possible pairing in Naruto has a lot of sexual fan works and fan dreams. Essentially, if there's a pairing, there's an H of it.

That's true, and I realize and acknowledge that, but it just seems to me that NaruSaku is just... really, really sexual compared to other pairings. I've always seen it described as ''hot.''

Kind of like what people think of SasuSaku, and maybe even SasuNaru, but those are mainly Sasuke fangirls and boys. And yaoi, well, there's something about homosexual pernography that makes 13 year old girls so happy.

#5 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:52 AM

Uh....pretty sure SasuNaru tops this category.

Look no further than what Kishi actually draws!

#6 Seraphic Guardian

Seraphic Guardian

Chakra Seraph

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Well, Naruto, obviously! And Bleach too! Ichigo and Naruto and kinda alike. Oh! And angels and their hierarchy, including seraphim and the like. Although I'm not really religious, they're really cool!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 02:55 AM

And yaoi, well, there's something about homosexual pernography that makes 13 year old girls so happy.

Off topic question here, but why is that? I've never understood.... xD

QUOTE (True @ Sep 2 2009, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Friends! Mind you, it never said anything about sexuality. And Naruto is obviously straight.... Can't speak for Sasuke...

Edited by Sakura Blossoms, 03 September 2009 - 04:12 AM.
Double posting. Please don't do it

If that's what it means to be wise... I'd be happier living as a Fool!

#7 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:07 AM

Probably because both of them are really, really exuberant and passionate.... There's Naruto, who's pretty much a walking loudspeaker at times, and there's Sakura, a hot-tempered firecracker that packs a punch, literally.... I dunno if that makes sense or not....

#8 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:15 AM

[quote name='True' date='Sep 2 2009, 10:52 PM' post='238534']

[quote]

''...They crossed swords...''

Well.

Well, this didn't really have sexual implications, unless you're a pervert like I am and saw otherwise. Actually those two necklaces are the same ones advertised in the trailers of a Shippuden movie. Of course, they're not in canon - but if they were, especially being heart-shaped... I'd question the sexuality of both of them.

Luckily, however, that is not the case.

I wouldn't really count yaoi, because it's only popular because of, as I've said before, all the 13 year old fangirls who get off on ''sword crossing,'' if you will. Why, I don't know, but they do.

Granted, people are becoming more accepting of homosexuality, but jeez, these fangirls are campaigning for it like there's no tomorrow.

Anyways, yeah, SasuNaru isn't even canon within the boundaries of a shonen manga like Naruto, but only in the fanfictions and fantasies of teen girls everywhere.

...So, yeah, it doesn't count.

#9 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Sep 2 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably because both of them are really, really exuberant and passionate.... There's Naruto, who's pretty much a walking loudspeaker at times, and there's Sakura, a hot-tempered firecracker that packs a punch, literally.... I dunno if that makes sense or not....

Actually, no, that really, really does. Maybe someone was like ''Hm, those two are wild, I wonder how they'd be in bed.''
And judging by their personalities, as you've said, it sure must be something...

Wild and passionate laugh.gif
Because, well, that's just how they are.

#10 TwilightLink20xx

TwilightLink20xx

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (Zatren6 @ Sep 2 2009, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pretty much this. The reason it seems more apparent is because there's not as many fan works out there in comparison, and a lot of the "high-quality" stuff just ends up that way.

Obviously it has to be part of the pairing, otherwise there's no pairing, but it has a tendency to get overplayed a bit much IMO. But that's my opinion of NaruSaku, I've never seen it as overtly sexual, it's always come across as more innocent to me. (Mostly because both Naruto and Sakura seem to be more insecure about romantic things)

#11 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:28 AM

Alright if we take out yaoi then going by google results for the most doujinshi results:

1)SasuSaku - 3,490,000
2)NaruSaku - 435,000
3)NaruHina - 418,000

Now if we we go by say hentai doujinshi the results are:

1)NaruHina - 567,000
2)NaruSaku - 463,000
3)SasuSaku - 439,000

The results seem to go along with fandom generalizations that a good number of SasuSaku fans are female since the regular doujinshi is more than four times that off the other two combined, and that NaruHina has a good portion of male fans since most hentai artists tend to be male. NaruSaku is right in the middle of the two so by giving a gender-based conjecture (and this is very generalized statement) NaruSaku seems to have an even proportion of male/female fans.

#12 RyrineaHaruno

RyrineaHaruno

I <3 Mass Effect

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Interests:Writing, drawing, Wicca, woman's history, Sewing, and series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism, The paranormal, the occult and as well. as Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and different culture's then mine. Harry potter

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:54 AM

Wow, 3,490,000 for Sasuke x Sakura doujinshi wow sad.gif._. that a lot. I am just glad that Kishimoto isn't going by fandom wants.

Their are always H stuff for other parings for the perverts not just NaruSaku. The only other reason, I could think is that he is a grown teenager boy and he the type to show his love Imo.

#13 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (TwilightLink20xx @ Sep 2 2009, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Mostly because both Naruto and Sakura seem to be more insecure about romantic things)

Maybe that's why? Maybe people enjoy two awkward people like that suddenly being like, uber intimate. heheelq7.png

QUOTE (True @ Sep 2 2009, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now if we we go by say hentai doujinshi the results are:

1)NaruHina - 567,000

Oh, god, ewwww! arg.gif

Ahem. Excuse me.
But it's just so... *shivers* nasty.

Anyways, True, as always, you raise a good point.

#14 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

For me, it is the caring behind their actions.

One of my favorite moments is the almost-Ramen-feeding scene in chapter 343. It is a simple act, but the looks on both of their faces (before Sai-interruptus) really charged things up. And without exposed flesh or any direct contact, strangely enough.

#15 Froot

Froot

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (RedDelicious @ Sep 3 2009, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For me, it is the caring behind their actions.

One of my favorite moments is the almost-Ramen-feeding scene in chapter 343. It is a simple act, but the looks on both of their faces (before Sai-interruptus) really charged things up. And without exposed flesh or any direct contact, strangely enough.

Oh, yeah, I remember that! Heehee heheelq7.png That was saucy~ woot.gif

#16 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

- --Click here to view--
Reduced: 70% of original size [ 725 x 1092 ] - Click to view full image

eeeek th_confused0089.gif why they wear...cr*p...
uh, I'm speechless, I dunno what to say but I think...it's kinda exaggerating...for brother relationship...I guess...

#17 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

Ehem...Fruity...you double posted below my first post in this topic....

#18 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Sherry @ Sep 3 2009, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eeeek th_confused0089.gif why they wear...cr*p...
uh, I'm speechless, I dunno what to say but I think...it's kinda exaggerating...for brother relationship...I guess...

Uh... yeah, I guess its true fu.png

#19 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

For those surprised by the H of NaruSaku: there is only one thing to say.

#20 RedDelicious

RedDelicious

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (FrutyLishis @ Sep 2 2009, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't really count yaoi, because it's only popular because of, as I've said before, all the 13 year old fangirls who get off on ''sword crossing,'' if you will. Why, I don't know, but they do.

I was just thinking of Chapter 347, looks like Sakura falls into this group. sweatdrop.gif

(To be fair, I think it was just to show how much Sakura is like Naruto. Naruto's reaction to the "double knockout girls" is the same as Sakura's reaction to the "double knockout guys".)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users