71 replies to this topic

#21 Paptala

Paptala

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:57 AM

I'd be really irritated, and probably cringe at every NaruHina moment (wondering in my head, WHY KISHI WHY?!?! arg.gif ), but I would still finish reading. Pairings are the not the be all, end all of this story, and I don't intend to let it be either.
0mDsIUH.gif
7VO00.png
set art by yui  |

#22 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Music. i'm a huge A7X (Avenged Sevenfold) fan and like Disterbed and Slipknot.

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:53 AM

Probably not...i would just pretend it's Sakura and continue reading lol
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge...forging the first link in the chains of hatred." -Pain

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts...their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" -Itachi Uchiha

#23 Naruto_T7

Naruto_T7

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:17 AM

I'd be more annoyed than upset that such a good mangaka made naruhina canon when there is only a one sided development. I have a lot of respect for him so I HOPE NaruHina doesn't happen. I doubt it will.
Yo, aloe vera!

#24 Naruto_T7

Naruto_T7

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Hopestar @ Apr 24 2009, 06:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should NH become canon then my total respect for Kishi will fall dramatically since their development is poor and I do by all means POOR AFTER 400 SOMETHING CHAPTERS!!! th_cussing.gif If he wanted NH from the gecko then he should have started from the chunin exams and give Hinata more active role, you know something similar to Shikamaru.

This is why I am for NS because they are the most logical pairing and actually if you examine them closely from ch. 3 - ch.445, you find their feelings are purely mutual. Also it goes right into story and it won't have such an affect since was practically only a matter of time. Kakashi, Konohamaru, Sasuke, Yamato, & Sai (in that order) happen to catch that possibility. Plus aren't Team 7 are suppose to succeed where the sanin had failed? headscratch.gif Therefore NS romance could be one of the key factors!

As much NH pains me, I will continue reading the manga (only to see how it ends)!

I agree, Jiraiya failed with Tsunade so Naruto won't fail with Sakura! Also, I think there was a hint from Asuma as well when he said 'Ino, don't lose to Sakura in love or ninjutsu'
He can't of been thinking about Sasuke because they hardly have a relationship and he's not even in the village. Also, it seems quite unfair that Naruto could end up with someone he has no romantic feelings for.
Yo, aloe vera!

#25 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:24 PM

Pairings aren't terribly important to me honestly, I prefer NaruSaku, but I read Naruto for the main focus of the story and the development of the plot. If Kishi decided to do NaruHina, it isn't as if I hate the couple I simply don't agree it will happen. Besides a shounen manga couldn't dedicate a whole arc simply for the sake of their romantic progression, love is inserted through small doses that somehow encourage the continuance of the plot.

(Though couple and fandom wars are half the fun happy.gif)

#26 Kori

Kori

Uchiha Itachi Fan

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Music. i'm a huge A7X (Avenged Sevenfold) fan and like Disterbed and Slipknot.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (psycho666 @ May 7 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pairings aren't terribly important to me honestly, I prefer NaruSaku, but I read Naruto for the main focus of the story and the development of the plot. If Kishi decided to do NaruHina, it isn't as if I hate the couple I simply don't agree it will happen. Besides a shounen manga couldn't dedicate a whole arc simply for the sake of their romantic progression, love is inserted through small doses that somehow encourage the continuance of the plot.

agreed, well except i would be a little disappointed and sorta angry if NH happened
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge...forging the first link in the chains of hatred." -Pain

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts...their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" -Itachi Uchiha

#27 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (psycho666 @ May 7 2009, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I'd definity be miffed, but i will get over it and pretend it's Sakura instead. Also, if NaruHina does come to be, which im almost sure it won't, i will definity be glad it will not be talked about much since it's a shounen manga.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#28 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 20 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

my respect to kishi-sensei will drop until the deepest part of the earth n maybe i won't be curios again reading naruto so i won't read the manga n just ask my friend when it's finished lol.

#29 smilebomb

smilebomb

Inuzuka Kiba's Lover

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:Johnny's Entertainment, anime, drawing, and writting...

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:07 AM

I would be disappointed, but I would never stop reading the manga.
I'm just geniunely interested in the storyline.

~Naruto fanatic~

#30 TashaJ

TashaJ

TJnyan-sama

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:xbox 360. Manga. NaruSaku. Drawing. Writing. Hula -hooping.

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:20 PM

I'd be really disappointed, really, really disappointed and probably angry, but I would definitely continue to read the manga, I want to see what happens with Sasuke and the akatsuki. I'd just skip every NaruHina moment and probably comletely dismiss it.
Even if there was developement it probably wouldn't do it for me, as one of the main reasons I don't like Naruto and Hinata is because there personalities clash. Yeah, I know the whole opposites attract, but that's not all the time and in this case the two just don't fit, to me anyway.

#31 Naruto_Sage

Naruto_Sage

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:04 AM

well lets say they do choose narusaku how many of u would continue reading the manga would it be the same and there are more naruhina fans then narusaku and in a buisness point of view they would lose less viewers if they chose naruhina then narusaku and on the account of the current manga turnouts they are testing the water that is the truth.

A LIVING LEGEND

#32 Cloud

Cloud

SOLDIER

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:06 AM

If they choose NaruSaku, most, if not all of here would be happy and continue reading the manga. If Kishi screwed this fanbase over and chose NaruHina, I'd still read it, but it'd be less enjoyable for me.

Also, please use punctuation. The period button and comma are right next to each other.

Your sig also needs to be edited. It can't show a scrollbar.

#33 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 02 July 2009 - 06:29 AM

well lets say they do choose narusaku how many of u would continue reading the manga would it be the same and there are more naruhina fans then narusaku and in a buisness point of view they would lose less viewers if they chose naruhina then narusaku and on the account of the current manga turnouts they are testing the water that is the truth.

Truth is subjective, and you shouldn't get opinions and facts mixed. Unless you can present proof of that's Kishimoto's intent, your statement isn't truth but conjecture.

Kishimoto shouldn't allow fandom dictates the plotline or the outcome of his story. He should do whatever the Hell he wants. As far as I can tell, that's what he's done so far.

Besides, he also could lose readers if he makes NaruHina canon instead of NaruSaku.

Therefore, he shouldn't basing his storytelling decissions in fandom's selfish wishes.

If he decided making NaruHina canon on account of the number of NH fans, I wonder why Naruto and Hinata haven't got a decent conversation in over three hundred chapters, and why Naruto hasn't even talked to Hinata after her confession, in spite of it's been days after the battle. We haven't even seen a "Thank you" conversation!

If he got two characters together according the pairing's popularity, then he'd hook up Naruto with Sasuke. NaruSasu is the most popular pairing in Japan. Though it has NO chance to happen because Naruto is a shonen manga. The most popular heterosexual pairings in Japan are -I think- NaruSaku, SasuSaku and KakaSaku. NaruHina isn't the most popular Hinata pairing in Japan.

I highly doubt he's testing the waters. I think he's trying driving shippers crazy in order to keep them reading the manga.

I recommend don't get worried about it and keeping on reading. You'll be happier. Believe me, I do it.

Edit: And, I beg you, watch what you write. I have a very hard work understanding your post. I know my grammar is flawed (English isn't my first language), but I do my best for writing intelligible posts.

Edited by Jenskott, 02 July 2009 - 06:40 AM.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#34 Lover Of Deidara

Lover Of Deidara

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Several pairings. Kakashi Gaiden. Several characters, especially Deidara, Sasori, and Obito.<br /><br />Shounen-Ai.<br /><br />Doujinshi.<br /><br />Cosplay.

Posted 13 July 2009 - 03:47 PM

No way. Just because a pairing happens doesn't means the entire plot's been butchered. I'm reading this series for its plot; not its pairings. Originally I liked NaruHina, but statics began telling me, "Those two? If I go on a search for development, would I ACTUALLY find anything?" I've liked pairings as I continued to keep up with this series. I'm not here plain out for pairings.

They're called Memories

#35 Nadishani

Nadishani

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

i definitely WOULDN'T stop reading because for something like that, mainly because i don't really care that much about who naruto ends up with on the condition that it's well built up with enough development to not make it seem like bs. i started reading because i like the story, drawing style and characters, i didn't start reading it because i wanted to see pairings.

Edited by Nadishani, 16 August 2009 - 08:42 PM.

#36 forfayfen

forfayfen

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:41 PM

I would still read the manga but I would shake my head with disappointment when I see a panel with naruto and hinata together.

Edited by forfayfen, 16 August 2009 - 09:42 PM.

naruto-sakura-shippuuden-psp-wal-1.jpg

#37 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:59 PM

I love the Naruto series with all my heart, and wouldn't give up on it, even if NaruHina did happen.

Now, I'm not going to go into a full-blown rant here, but I will say this: NaruSaku's been basically the whole point of the story, besides Naruto becoming Hokage and saving Sasuke. And I'm not just saying that as a NaruSaku supporter, but as a reader, fan, and lover of Naruto.

So... yeah! NaruSaku forever! wow.png

#38 Sherry

Sherry

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Interests:NaruSaku of course!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:32 PM

I trust God and Kishi with every single of my heart that narusaku would happen. That's the thought of my good side.
My bad side, I would curse the mangaka... tongue.gif

#39 Froot

Froot

She's Certainly a Hurricane

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (forfayfen @ Aug 16 2009, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when I see a panel with naruto and hinata together.

...You mean IF... fu.png

#40 Danzo Baka

Danzo Baka

Danzo of da Root!!

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Dining with hell minions~

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:04 PM

hahaha.... Stop Reading? no way.. disappointed? Maybe a little... to me what makes the manga interesting is how exciting the relationship in team 7 develops(narusaku,sasusaku,narusasu) and how the entire plot spread from that basis.. naruto do develop other minor relationship(NH & co.)but what makes me excited every time reading is to see how team seven relationship would ends (in my case how narusaku realationship ends).. so if kishi were to make that happen..of course i would be disappointed but.. i still read them..

Naruto still a masterpiece!! XD

"Hiruzen its looks like it is my turn next... but i never did became Hokage"--- Danzo

"You are the leaves bathing in the sun I am the roots that grow in the dark"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users