• Please log in to reply
31571 replies to this topic

#26581 griff142

griff142

Member of Kishi's execution squad

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Interests:I love anime. I am also a football geek and video game nerd.

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:42 PM

The only true change I ever saw was when he was with Karin and the other members of his team, but that was thrown out the window. Sasuke could have changed even if he was a bad guy and rogue ninja in the end.

Yes, Sasuke did have an opportunity to change with Team Taka and enjoy a better life, but that was squandered when he tried to throw Karin's life away in the Land of Iron. To me, with that incident and trying to kill Sakura, he lost the right of redemption.

#26582 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:32 AM

Happy Birthday Naruto Uzumaki and Eddie Ferguson.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#26583 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:27 PM

Have a certain forum imploded? O.O

SS fans fighting NH fans and WINNING? I'm shocked.

#26584 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:36 PM

What?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#26585 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,800 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 02:51 PM

Shounen jump celebrating 50 years of heroines. I wish salad wasn't there.

iuu5yysg9pn11.jpg

My Saint Seiya senses are tingly yes Athena is there :th_yeah:

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#26586 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 October 2018 - 03:49 PM

1d9da6aaa328fc9a0768b208ef58c09ea3e500ea

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26587 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:13 PM

What?

1d9da6aaa328fc9a0768b208ef58c09ea3e500ea

I was just scrolling through NB and saw SS and NH arguing over who is the better father. The facts that were provided ultimately suggest SASUKE is the better father.

Plus most seem to hate Boruto and like Sarada/Mitsuki

#26588 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:15 PM

I mean  this pic alone ...

5b3fa48013faf04510ba55a79f24077e.jpg

#26589 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 13 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

I was just scrolling through NB and saw SS and NH arguing over who is the better father. The facts that were provided ultimately suggest SASUKE is the better father.

I mean  this pic alone ...

5b3fa48013faf04510ba55a79f24077e.jpg

Yeah I can see that....

Though I want the whole forum to implode with both sides taking the hit.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#26590 jak123

jak123

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:38 PM

They are both kitten in different ways. At least Naruto puts in a little effort. Sasuke neglects the kitten out of his family and that's way worse. Some SS fan tried to tell me that the only reason Sasuke is never in the village is because of his guilt of what he did to the village, but that would mean he thinks so little of his wife and child.

Boruto is pretty terrible. I do actually like Sarada and would like her more if she was Karin's daughter because then you could have the Uzumaki angle.

#26591 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:28 PM

"I was just scrolling through NB and saw SS and NH arguing over who is the better father. The facts that were provided ultimately suggest SASUKE is the better father.

Plus most seem to hate Boruto and like Sarada/Mitsuki"

They are both kitten in different ways. At least Naruto puts in a little effort. Sasuke neglects the kitten out of his family and that's way worse. Some SS fan tried to tell me that the only reason Sasuke is never in the village is because of his guilt of what he did to the village, but that would mean he thinks so little of his wife and child.

Boruto is pretty terrible. I do actually like Sarada and would like her more if she was Karin's daughter because then you could have the Uzumaki angle.

Sasuke just doesn't care about his family, and leaves the raising of Salad to Sakura. While Naruto also leaves the raising of his spawn to Hinata, yet he constantly promises to spend more time with them; only to disappoint them every time. Which is better the one that makes it clear he will never care about you, or the one that constantly says he does only to disappoint you every-time?

At the end of the Gaiden -if that thing had any message- Salad stopped caring about blood relations, and more about bonds. So it doesn't matter if Sasuke, and Karin are her real parents or not. Sakura is the one who raised her, and Naruto is her male role model. Bolt wants to have his cake and eat it though.

Bolt is an attempt to copy Naruto without the factors that made his brattiness tolerable, while Salad is Sakura without the factors that made people hate her.

Naruto was an idiotic pariah orphan that dream of becoming the leader of his village. So he's an underdog that invokes sympathy for while trying to achieve his goal. Bolt is a naturally gifted genius born with a golden spoon in his mouth that everybody loves that has already accomplished his goal in life, but constantly complains about his issues with his father. So, he comes off as a spoiled lazy brat.

Salad does not hit Bolt (thought I think she be even more liked if she did,) enters combat anytime she can, is in love with the main character instead of the rival (though again people would probably like her better if she did date the Sai clone cup's due to how unlikable Bolt is,) has a goal she working towards that is not getting a boyfriend, doesn't cry that often, and most importantly had two years to get into people minds that she is Bolt's love interest before the anime created the Clone of Hinata.

Edit: It's business as usual for nH and SS then as well. They never like each other. They only allied because NS was a threat to both of them. Since, NS isn't happening anymore they will always be at each others throats over which of their pairing is better.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 14 October 2018 - 04:50 AM.

#26592 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 03:36 AM

Which is better the one that makes it clear he will never care about you, or the one that constantly says he does only to disappoint you every-time?

Well in my opinion, both are equally bad, because they both lead to some really bad psychological damage to the child either way. there is no better alternative in this type scenario if you ask me.

And also it doesn't matter if Sarada's doesn't hit Brato, she is still a tsundere so the hypocrisy still stands in my eyes

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 October 2018 - 03:38 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26593 Luna

Luna

aespa

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 12:56 PM

Sasuke just doesn't care about his family, and leaves the raising of Salad to Sakura. While Naruto also leaves the raising of his spawn to Hinata, yet he constantly promises to spend more time with them; only to disappoint them every time. Which is better the one that makes it clear he will never care about you, or the one that constantly says he does only to disappoint you every-time?

At the end of the Gaiden -if that thing had any message- Salad stopped caring about blood relations, and more about bonds. So it doesn't matter if Sasuke, and Karin are her real parents or not. Sakura is the one who raised her, and Naruto is her male role model. Bolt wants to have his cake and eat it though.

Bolt is an attempt to copy Naruto without the factors that made his brattiness tolerable, while Salad is Sakura without the factors that made people hate her.

Naruto was an idiotic pariah orphan that dream of becoming the leader of his village. So he's an underdog that invokes sympathy for while trying to achieve his goal. Bolt is a naturally gifted genius born with a golden spoon in his mouth that everybody loves that has already accomplished his goal in life, but constantly complains about his issues with his father. So, he comes off as a spoiled lazy brat.

Salad does not hit Bolt (thought I think she be even more liked if she did,) enters combat anytime she can, is in love with the main character instead of the rival (though again people would probably like her better if she did date the Sai clone cup's due to how unlikable Bolt is,) has a goal she working towards that is not getting a boyfriend, doesn't cry that often, and most importantly had two years to get into people minds that she is Bolt's love interest before the anime created the Clone of Hinata.

Edit: It's business as usual for nH and SS then as well. They never like each other. They only allied because NS was a threat to both of them. Since, NS isn't happening anymore they will always be at each others throats over which of their pairing is better.

Both are bad but the times Sasuke are in the village he actually spends time with his daughter. Wasn't he the one who thought her katon?  Naruto is actually in the village and is sending emails and clones instead of actually spending time with them without any shenanigans. I think Sasuke is at least better. He's better than a father that's there but dont want to spend time with you.

#26594 KClaws_2

KClaws_2

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:14 PM

We should make a Civil War Parody of this.

#26595 rikakim94

rikakim94

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:39 PM

Both are bad but the times Sasuke are in the village he actually spends time with his daughter. Wasn't he the one who thought her katon?  Naruto is actually in the village and is sending emails and clones instead of actually spending time with them without any shenanigans. I think Sasuke is at least better. He's better than a father that's there but dont want to spend time with you.

Hello i want to ask how come you deleted all your fanfics at fanfiction.com? I miss reading your draco x hermione fic some fics you wrote were hilarious.

Edited by rikakim94, 14 October 2018 - 10:39 PM.

#26596 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 10:51 PM

Both are bad but the times Sasuke are in the village he actually spends time with his daughter. Wasn't he the one who thought her katon?  Naruto is actually in the village and is sending emails and clones instead of actually spending time with them without any shenanigans. I think Sasuke is at least better. He's better than a father that's there but don't want to spend time with you.

Did he? I figured she had to learn that on her own. Maybe he gave her some scroll to learn from.

Well in my opinion, both are equally bad, because they both lead to some really bad psychological damage to the child either way. there is no better alternative in this type scenario if you ask me.

And also it doesn't matter if Sarada's doesn't hit Brato, she is still a tsundere so the hypocrisy still stands in my eyes

They both are, but weighted between the two; which is worst is a matter of opinion. Is it better to hurt the child once then let them move on, or to hurt them a little bit each day? Or. Is it better to try but fail, or to never try at all?

#26597 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:41 PM

anything new happen lately? I got back into yugioh duel links starting over since I lost my save data and now I'm addicted to playing as yusei with my synchro monsters lol. my save data is now better than before, got almost all my good cards back.

here's one of my replays if someone wants to look at it.

but yeah, how bad has boruto gotten?

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

#26598 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 14 October 2018 - 11:42 PM

I just watched a clip of misery and I was wondering... you think Kishi made NH canon out of fear of a NH fan kidnapping him and forcing him to write NaruHina?

509356167_759751.gif?4

#26599 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:32 AM

Did he? I figured she had to learn that on her own. Maybe he gave her some scroll to learn from.

They both are, but weighted between the two; which is worst is a matter of opinion. Is it better to hurt the child once then let them move on, or to hurt them a little bit each day? Or. Is it better to try but fail, or to never try at all?

Mm well again, for me there really is no weighing which is worse in that scenario because I feel they are both equally damaging in the long run. It may seem that breaking a childs heart once by letting them know full well and clear they are not a top or even middling priority for you is not as damaging because they only experience it once, but trust me that makes its mark and will never go away. The reason is that for the child, that is no different then saying you never wanted them, and they will carry that thought with them for the rest of their lives. And that scar will never go away without therapy.

On the other hand, if you just keep disappointing your kid day by day then yeah it is constantly hurting but eventually they will just stop caring whether you make good on your word or not. Human thought process has always made preassumptuons on what they recognize as patterns so eventually the child will EXPECT to be let down and then think, yup this parent couldnt care less about me so whatever they probably will break another promise anyway, so, why should I care?

With that in mind I really dont think one is better than the other. Personally speaking

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 October 2018 - 05:36 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#26600 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 03:57 PM

That's the thing. If NH was planned, why did he keep throwing in NS moments, because even HE had to know they would have been perceived as romantic except amongst the most fanatic NH shippers. It makes even less sense if Sakura was given up on the heroine; if I came to that conclusion, I just wouldn't have her as anything more than a background character (although it could be argued that's EXACTLY what she became)

I have another theory about the inconsistency between what was shown and what we ended up with: Kishimoto had no idea SP was producing the Last, and close to 680, they sprung it up on him. Kishimoto then felt obligated to go with it.

Of course, the problem with this theory is that other mangaka had their stories animated and changed, and they just went about their own business.

What can I say, Kishimoto is just this odd exception among MANY creators, and not in a good way.

So my theory is he made the decision at some point to end the story on NH, but never changed the manga to reflect that until the end. So he kept all the NS scenes, the love letter dude, Sakura and Minato's dialogue, both Naruto and Sakura saving each other...all that stuff. Then after "The True End," he started really moving towards NH. My guess is that the relationship stuff was going to end with Naruto and Sasuke's near deaths, only to have the rest of the plot be about the two of them fighting together, then fighting each other. Then being saved. And the epilogue would have been the surprise ending of Naruto with Sakura and Sasuke with Karin. (Not NH.)

That timeline is dubious at best. I don't know chapter numbers but Naruto (the character) more or less committed to Hinata in the war arc. There is a disgusting finality to the scene where they hold hands, saying she has been by his side the whole time, and the completely retarded attempt to save her from the Infinite Tsukuyomi. Which of course makes The Last make even less sense in retrospect as Kishimoto portrayed that Hinata was that important to him (somehow) but he doesn't understand why he should spend time with her.

Ugh, that whole thing was gross.

The problem with that is about 15 chapters from;"The scene that decided the goddess would get what she rightfully deserved, and was always destine to obtain." Sakura gives a speech in chapter 630 chewing out the army for putting to much on Naruto shoulders as well as some other stuff, and the next chapter Minato asks if she is Naruto's girlfriend. If the pairings were decided by the hand holding then why do that? Even kishimoto isn't that stupid.

Also according to what Derock found out the Neji's death was because a SP staff member would stop whining until Kishimoto finally killed him. It is more likely the hand holding, and hinata's speech was to give meaning to the death.

The last act Hinata did before the ending was to trip on some rocks.

Also one of Kishimoto's friends on Twitter said after the ending that it was only decided 3 months before the ending.

Overall its more likely that executives right before the ending decided they wanted a sequel to keep the gravy train going. At some point they decided to make the Last canon. The last probably already had Hinata as the love interest. SP refused to change it. So, kishimoto had to change the manga to fit it.

Yeah, so having a last-minute ending makes sense. They didn't change anything, they just tacked on more story with Hinata. And at about the same time they were starting to make The Last movie. So they knew it was going to be NH in the end. But still, Kishi didn't have to change much in plot. Just bump up Hinata's interaction. And yeah, killing of Neji would make her seem like more of a sympathetic character.

Yes, Sasuke did have an opportunity to change with Team Taka and enjoy a better life, but that was squandered when he tried to throw Karin's life away in the Land of Iron. To me, with that incident and trying to kill Sakura, he lost the right of redemption.

Totally lost opportunity. Sasuke had his own team, his own love interest. These outsiders who were not quite bad but not quite good. It was the perfect fit. Instead, Sasuke's a loner and a deadbeat dad. It makes his time spent with Taka and bringing them back in the end just pointless.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: naruto, wtf, discuss

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users