• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:48 AM

Where that came from? D:

Franky=Jinbei>Sanji

It just a theory of mine.
I don't think it's her thought.

I think jinbei is more powerful than Franky despite i like funky Franky more.

#7882 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:59 PM

Anyone want to bet that Betty is Luffy mother :zaru:

That doesn't even make any sense, plus Luffy looks nothing like her, he didn't get his looks (apart from hair colour) from his old man so according to manga logic he got them from his mother. Plus she looks too young to be Luffy's mother.

As for the power ranking, from what we've seen so far I'd say at the moment, it's Luffy, Zoro, Jimbie and then Sanji. This arc was focused on Sanji but I don't feel like it did the best job highlighting his true strength, he still got beat by his brothers, and he didn't fight much beyond that, even at the end it was his siblings and he was escaping.

iAnby7W.gif

#7883 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

Luffy's princess saved harem seem to have gathered this week, we just just need Hancock there and we'll have the complete set in one place. Though he didn't save the Island like others.

The end was a bit strange, what was that last panel about? Is that hinting that the Mugiwara on Luffy's head goes back even further than Gol.D?

iAnby7W.gif

#7884 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:57 PM

Luffy's princess saved harem seem to have gathered this week, we just just need Hancock there and we'll have the complete set in one place. Though he didn't save the Island like others.

The end was a bit strange, what was that last panel about? Is that hinting that the Mugiwara on Luffy's head goes back even further than Gol.D?

It's the Will of D. people mention every once and awhile. Clearly it has something to do with the straw-hat. The hero that formed the world that had some promise the nobles ignore? A world noble that has sex with so many different people that all his heirs have to have "D." in their name in order to keep track of them?

Technically, Luffy befriended but did not save the Amazon country like the others. So Dalton is more apart of this harem then Boa Hancock is. Also I think she would either kill them all or faint to realize Luffy has this many people with similar status to her indebted to him. From what I recall, she didn't take Naim or Robin being on Luffy's crew that well.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 01 June 2018 - 12:59 PM.

#7885 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:03 PM

I think it is nice to see some old characters again lol

@Harry : well more of a quasi-harem since it is not really implied that they are into him but their relations to him can be haremesque :hehehe: i could be wrong though since many finer details here escape me :sweat:

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#7886 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:37 PM

What if the mystery person is Luffy's mother, I know a long shot, but can you imagine if Dragon's war against the World Nobles is because of what he learnt from his wife, it could also explain why Luffy's never met his mother and we've seen no mention of her,, even if Oda seems to suggest she is still alive. If their affair was kept a secret for Luffy's safety, it could be why we've never seen her.

Of course I'm basing this entirely on the mystery person holding Luffy's bounty poster and that they could be female.

iAnby7W.gif

#7887 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 12:36 AM

Luffy in the recent SBS.

tumblr_p9lyv6P7fe1t1yvcko1_540.jpg

Becomes Garp at 60.

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#7888 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 02:04 AM

and looks like Shanks at at age 40 it seems. Is that official by the way?

Edited by Phantom_999, 02 June 2018 - 02:04 AM.

#7889 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:25 AM

So was watching the Deflamingo arc, with Sabo, and It just accord to me that the A(S)CE tattoo was not a typo, but it's the initials of his family, Ace, Sabo (crossed out because he thinks he's dead) C represent Luffy somehow, maybe because he called him a crybaby when they were kids. and E for Edward Newgate.

iAnby7W.gif

#7890 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:50 PM

So was watching the Deflamingo arc, with Sabo, and It just accord to me that the A(S)CE tattoo was not a typo, but it's the initials of his family, Ace, Sabo (crossed out because he thinks he's dead) C represent Luffy somehow, maybe because he called him a crybaby when they were kids. and E for Edward Newgate.

😮😮😮 Nice catch!!

#7891 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:44 AM

Bloody hell this weeks chapter is certainly started a set-up pieces that really could lead to a arc at a epic level that's even beyond the save Ace arc. We see some old faces, some surprise people make a return, we find out clues to something that relates to something even before Gol.D Rogers.

I will not be surprised if Oda takes a few weeks off soon so work on the layout and structure of the upcoming arc, it's looking very much like a multi-sided war on multiple fronts with all parties involved, I wonder if the chapter also gave us clues as to what kind of power finding the One Piece can bring to the world.

Gotta give it Garp, he has a lot of confidence in his grandchild, he knows what he's about to face and he's so care free, also it was a interesting group of Marines he was sitting down eating with, they feel more like carefree pirates than the Marines we see as the antagonists in the manga.

iAnby7W.gif

#7892 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

It looks like Big Mama and Kaido were part of the same crew that's captain ruled the age of piracy that happen right before Gol D. Rogers'. Garp became a hero by defeating their captain, and the two as the most powerful of that crew broke off becoming two of the emperors.

The brother of Sabo is going to do something incredibly stupid. This chapter helped set up the clear line of power for the world government. The throne is empty so their could be no tyrant that rules the world (likely the heir to the throne are the D. clan), then the 5 elders as advisers or the cabinet, then the celestial dragons/world nobles would descendant from 19 of the 20 royal families that help form the world government, and then the non world noble royalty.

It is likely that the D. family are the kings of the world but were quietly removed in probably a coup in the black century. This has to be hidden so that no one with the name of D. can claim their right as king of the world government. This is why they has to suppress any knowledge of the black century, kill anyone who can understand the polygraph language so they cannot learn truth, and why the D. is so feared by the world nobles according to Doflamingo.

Luffy in the recent SBS.

tumblr_p9lyv6P7fe1t1yvcko1_540.jpg

Becomes Garp at 60.

Luffy starts looking like his grandfather by the time he is 60's, and somewhat like Shanks in his 40's. ...Are we sure he is Dragon's Son, and not Dragon's nephew or something?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 June 2018 - 11:57 AM.

#7893 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

Alight it's time to see what I've missed out on with the last two chapters and this week's chapter: 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#7894 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

We see in BMs flashback she and that cook made their crew when she was a child, but she was with Kaido at one point?

ナルサク

#7895 Frankie

Frankie

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

How the hell did HE get inside the Holy Land? I'm pumped up for sure, but I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Oda proving once again he #neverforgets with that Celestial Dragon call back? It's a testament to his writing that even a minor subplot can have a satisfying book end to it with Otohime helping the Dragon and then that same Dragon helping her daughter.

Also, how the hell does Lucci still have a job after getting his ass kicked by Luffy?

#7896 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:18 AM

No chapter next week. So the reverie has started. Looks like Jewelry Bonnie may actually be Kuma's wife in disguise. Kuma was apparently a king of a country that went against the world government and was punished by being experimented upon, becoming a slave, and having a legion of androids in his image as enforcers of the world governments will. Also there is this black shadow creature called Im that sits on the throne that the 5 elders obey...so it isn't an empty throne, and it sound like the reverie is actually picking out a country to destroy to keep the rest of the countries in line.

#7897 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

No chapter next week. So the reverie has started. Looks like Jewelry Bonnie may actually be Kuma's wife in disguise. Kuma was apparently a king of a country that went against the world government and was punished by being experimented upon, becoming a slave, and having a legion of androids in his image as enforcers of the world governments will. Also there is this black shadow creature called Im that sits on the throne that the 5 elders obey...so it isn't an empty throne, and it sound like the reverie is actually picking out a country to destroy to keep the rest of the countries in line.

Or Daughter, we don't know Bonney's age, (her normal age appears to be in the early 20's) a lot of people have thought Bonney was Linlin's daughter but it is possible one of her many many daughters married Kuma, we did find out that Charlotte married (or had her children marry) large clans and nobles as part of her alliance, so it's possible that is what happened here.

Oda really knows how to make you hate a faction, these past few chapters, with the exception of one Noble, I don't think I'd care one bit if the nobles were wiped from history. they obviously have done the same to many over the centuries.

Looks like Vivi could be the one they target next as part of their cleansing, or iron grip over the world, it's a shame with this arc not including any of the Strawhats, this arc is likely going to be very small, or we could be left on a cliffhanger as attention is returned to Luffy and co soon.

iAnby7W.gif

#7898 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:41 AM

I can't wait to find out who is sitting on the empty throne :yes:

#7899 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:41 AM

Its surreal that I have yet to see the character, yet still feel petrified with its paneling and scenes. Something about it screams God exists on Earth. The funny thing is it can all be demolished if he acts like a total goof ball in the next chapter.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 16 June 2018 - 07:42 AM.

#7900 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:57 PM

I wish this arc was longer... So many revelations, stakes and  characters being reintroduced while creating new dynamics. Mariejois is definitely my favorite setting of the NW.

Oda keeps hyping Vegapunk as well almost... Hopefully, we will see him soon...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users