3357 replies to this topic

#3161 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

No that just means he found the perfect wife. :excited: A woman that can match his absurdity and cockiness :P It REALLY WAS telling how similar these two were in the beginning :yes:

Well with a wife combo of those two, the regulars at the restaurant will be entertained that's for sure.

If you think about the two, you could argue they are Sasuke and Naruto done much better, We have on one side the one whose father was very demanding, and had natural talent that is superior to their parents, and on the other side we have someone who has to work hard to achieve, someone chasing their fathers shadow, who is a genius in their chosen field.

Only difference was we see in Shokugeki then actually grow, see them getting acknowledge for their hard work, and improve as they go along. In Naruto you had to be told one is a genius and the other is a dobe every single time, Sasuke got praised because the manga told you he was a genius, and Naruto has to be underestimated because the manga told you he was a dobe.

In SnS we've seen what Erina brings to the table and where her qualities lie, and with Souma we see him struggling, planning, and testing over and over before he gets it right, and when he wins the next battle those previous wins count and he is acknowledged by his previous successes, not under-estimated.

iAnby7W.gif

#3162 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

And the complete takeover of Souma's cooking style is now complete.

The Foodgasms looks familiar this chapter, I wonder why? Great way of the mangaka showing how Erina has gone full circle.

https://readms.net/r...uma/261/5051/11

https://mangapark.me...soma/s1/v1/c1/9

https://readms.net/r...uma/261/5051/13

https://mangapark.me...oma/s1/v1/c3/17

So I'm going to take a guess that the dollar store knock-off bad guy Azami, in trying to suppress his enjoyment he unleashed a foodgasm so strong that stripped the audience?

Looking at the number one seat reaction to Azami's words he might be regretting his support for Azami, and that flashback? Wow, all this time I thought his reasoning was he wanted to change the system, so there was a standard, so no genius would be pushed to the brink, but instead it sounds like he misunderstood what really pushed Jouchirou too far and came up with the stupid plan. you'd think he would know this considering probably his best times with his beloved sempai would have been when they were challenging each other.

iAnby7W.gif

#3163 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:28 PM

Is he striping everyone just by thought or smell now?

#3164 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:16 PM

Is he striping everyone just by thought or smell now?

Not exactly sure what you mean.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#3165 trang95

trang95

♣Yorozuya Member♣

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,048 posts
  • Interests:Mariah Carey, Super Junior, Ailee, Shinee, and Mariah Carey

Cardcaptor Sakura, Gintama, HxH, Magi, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Noragami, Princess Mononoke, Tokyo Ghoul ETC.

AkittenakaxSen, NaruSaku, SakuraxShaoran, SomaxErina, TouKen, YonaxHak

Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

And the complete takeover of Souma's cooking style is now complete.

The Foodgasms looks familiar this chapter, I wonder why? Great way of the mangaka showing how Erina has gone full circle.

https://readms.net/r...uma/261/5051/11

https://mangapark.me...soma/s1/v1/c1/9

https://readms.net/r...uma/261/5051/13

https://mangapark.me...oma/s1/v1/c3/17

So I'm going to take a guess that the dollar store knock-off bad guy Azami, in trying to suppress his enjoyment he unleashed a foodgasm so strong that stripped the audience?

Looking at the number one seat reaction to Azami's words he might be regretting his support for Azami, and that flashback? Wow, all this time I thought his reasoning was he wanted to change the system, so there was a standard, so no genius would be pushed to the brink, but instead it sounds like he misunderstood what really pushed Jouchirou too far and came up with the stupid plan. you'd think he would know this considering probably his best times with his beloved sempai would have been when they were challenging each other.

Yes, Erina using Soma's cubes was a nice homage to the very first dish that has challenged her ideals since she has met Joichirou. Some fans think she is copying Soma solely. Those criticisms are valid, especially if you consider Erina has been hyped up for who knows how long. But I think there is no dish more effective than this one b/c she's using the Yukihira style to show Azami that she is wrong. In addition to this, what better way to bring Soma into submission that using his own techniques against him?

I believe Azami could have been a decent villain if his goals had only been about Tootsuki itself, and not the entirety of Japan's gastronomy. Azami hates the rigorous expulsion system and competitive nature of the academy that drove his beloved senpai to despair? Sure, that is understandable. In addition to this, his character should have been a bit more subdued. It really doesn't help that Azami is one of the edgiest villains I've read in manga in a long time.

G . I . N . T . A . M .A

tumblr_nd8f3hq6MN1qawpjto1_r2_500.gif

“The country? The skies? You can have them! I'm busy enough protecting what's in front of me. I don't know how many times I failed to protect what I wanted. I have nothing left, so at least if something has fallen at my feet, I'll pick it up."
- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama

#3166 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 10:02 AM

Yes, Erina using Soma's cubes was a nice homage to the very first dish that has challenged her ideals since she has met Joichirou. Some fans think she is copying Soma solely. Those criticisms are valid, especially if you consider Erina has been hyped up for who knows how long. But I think there is no dish more effective than this one b/c she's using the Yukihira style to show Azami that she is wrong. In addition to this, what better way to bring Soma into submission that using his own techniques against him?

I believe Azami could have been a decent villain if his goals had only been about Tootsuki itself, and not the entirety of Japan's gastronomy. Azami hates the rigorous expulsion system and competitive nature of the academy that drove his beloved senpai to despair? Sure, that is understandable. In addition to this, his character should have been a bit more subdued. It really doesn't help that Azami is one of the edgiest villains I've read in manga in a long time.

Souma makes perfect sense, as you said he challenged her ideals from the first day, she reacted most strongly against his cooking, it rubbed her the wrong way, as Souma's cooking was the style that went against the ideals forced into her by Azami, so taking up his style would be the perfect example of her rebelling against her father, like a teenage daughter dying her hair and and dressing up like a punk, or start hanging out with bikers before that, and whatever is considered unsavoury by parents today.

Azami never really worked as a enemy for me, he got the unpleasant side down to the T, but he lacked any depth, his actions never seemed to justify the reasoning he ever gave, plus the mental abuse he put his own daughter under pretty much overshadowed any reasonable side to him,and every flashback we've seen trying to show he wasn't always like that, just ended up making you dislike him more, as it failed to show why he would do what he has done and at the level he took things.

It also didn't help his behaviour seemed to be straight out of a dummies guide to being a villain, and his quirky behaviour they tried to show like him skiing down the mountain or a meeting in his suit just felt out of place, also he was very inconsistant specially when it comes to Rindou, him acknowledging her cooking style and behaviour goes against the very reasoning he gives for his actions.

iAnby7W.gif

#3167 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 12:02 PM

It's not often that you don't need words to figure out exactly what is going on with a chapter, but looking at this weeks RAW's (released earlier than usual because of Golden Week or the other holiday that led to no chapter last week) you can tell pretty much.

I wasn't completely off with Azami's reaction, not exactly a difficult guess to make though.

We finally get to see our closest look at Souma's mother, even if that closer look really just amounts to seeing her from the back, but it does look like her design has changed from the original designs, her hair looks a bit wilder, and a light shade. No doubt will give the theorist who seem to think Souma and Erina are half siblings more fuel, even more the Souma's mother being a Nakiri theorist. Maybe this is a hint that we'll get more information about the mother soon? I hope so, I'm still not 100% convinced both mother dying at around the same time is a coincidence. (that said has it even been confirmed Erina's mother is dead, this is Manga, and having a parent away on business for years on end is not exactly out of the norm, doesn't even make you a bad parent most of the time.

iAnby7W.gif

#3168 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 01:05 PM

Not exactly sure what you mean.

Yes, I was right! The dish was so delicious that Azami is stripping everyone through just the smell or thought of eating his daughters dish.

He has a break down, and we see a bit of Souma's mom.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 11 May 2018 - 01:16 PM.

#3169 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 02:29 PM

So the chapter is now translated, Yup pretty much no words were needed to understand what was happening, Azami went full R Kelly on us.

Now the arc is finally over let's hope we don't see Azami again, but if Shounen manga has taught me anything, it's taught me he'll probably be seen hanging around Jouchirou like a loyal puppy from now on, and will make a return later to train Souma or/and Erina to up against who ever the final boss ends up being.

It was nice to see Hisako finally standing up to the Chuuni villain and admitting her relationship with Erina is more than just master and assistant.

So do you think there was any reason why three members of the rebels did not get stripped? it affected everyone else (apart from Erina and Soma) it kinda sticks out as odd doesn't it? Specially as those three were also the three outside help members they recruited.

So how do you think the Elite 10 members list will look now? Will we see any of the old members retain their seats? I wouldn't be surprised if the third years don't get their seat back being ready for graduation anyway so it wouldn't make sense for them to get their seat back only to give it up in a months or two anyway. I expect we'll see a argument between Soma and Erina regarding the matter either way.

I think Either Satoshi or Erina will get the first seat, with Souma likely ending up third or fourth, very little chance I see him getting first seat, as that is not how Shounen manga's seem to work. I wouldn't even be surprised if Nene remains in the elite 10, in fact as long as Eizen isn't a remaining member I don't care if any of the older current members remain. well except those throwaway members from the first round.

iAnby7W.gif

#3170 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:18 AM

Looks like the mangaka is either going to end this manga soon or he just took it in a more ridiculous place than introducing Azami took it to. and considering the Korean Scans seem to back up the spoilers, it's looking very much like it's accurate.

Spoiler

If this is how this ends, I really do need to give up on Weekly Jumps Battle manga's is becoming obvious that department needs editors being replaced, only ones that survive is those with the fanbase to survive without the support of Jump, ie One Piece.

Edit: English scans now available, and...having them translated do not make them sound any less ridiculous....and seriously Erina mentally thanked her father? Because apparently mentally torturing your child so bad that scars remain for years after the situation is something to be grateful for. The way he left wasn't even like he even felt he was in the wrong or the manga was even suggesting he was wrong in any of his actions, he left with his head high like he bossed it.

Really who on the mangaka team or editing thought the direction was a good idea, even if the manga is ending the whole situation is ridiculous, the one think the manga did make clear during this dreadful arc was that the Elite 10 do have too much pressure on their hands and the system needs to change to make it so they don't lose their love for the art, but instead they've doubled down on it.

Edited by harry4e, 18 May 2018 - 12:19 PM.

iAnby7W.gif

#3171 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:58 PM

Well I'm calling it now.......

future story arcs

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#3172 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:14 PM

They need to learn to pace themselves with manga, so many times we see them jump the end boss level too high that soon as that arc is over the ridiculous has to happen, with new challenges getting out of hand and the story loses it's focus, Naruto did it after Pain, Bleach did it after Aizen, Fairy Tail did it during the time skip, but if anything the opposite was true with the growth of the main cast not making sense, and it looks like for Soma's to continue it has to follow the same path.

iAnby7W.gif

#3173 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:13 AM

Well that is what happens when you make outlandish, over the top villains that someone needs to BS their way out of with the main characters to defeat the villain and then have that whole self improvement thing  and the need to make the next villain even more ridiculous. But again The whole problem with SnS started all with introducing Azami as a villain. Sure, it was for Erina's development, but again the way things had to play out for this conclusion was not a good trade off if you ask me

Edited by Phantom_999, 19 May 2018 - 12:15 AM.

#3174 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:48 AM

Azami was introduced too early, he should have been introduced once we'd seen Souma and the game had proven themselves a bit more, so when Azami was introduced, the rebel side would feel better equipped that their challenges would feel more realistic and their wins more believable.

Ofcourse if would have helped if Azami was written in a manner that actually didn't make you facepalm every time he opened his mouth, but that's another issue all in itself.

They should have built on the challenge between Souma and Kuga, maybe even start their second year and introduce the second years that would have challenged for the number Elite 10, we could have even seen new first year students that challenged Souma but instead of showing any further growth they went in with a obvious villain that was designed as a final boss.

I don't get why SWJ does this every time, didn't the rapid decline in Bleach's popularity after Eizen or the scrambled mess of overpowered enemies after Pain not clue them in? they constantly repeat the same mistakes.

iAnby7W.gif

#3175 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:49 AM

Turning the attention back to the anime, where do you guys think the anime season will end? If it follows the norm there are another five or six episodes to go, It would be close to impossible to cover 60 chapters worth of the Elite 10 Battle in that time, but at the same time it makes no sense to stop half way through the battle, so either the season will be longer than 13 episodes or they'll be have to cut quite a bit of content to make it fit. Ofcourse there is still the possibility they'll continue the final battle though OVA's or a Movie, or maybe we'll get a original ending.

iAnby7W.gif

#3176 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:59 PM

I feel they will cut it off after the first fround where Soma, Satoshi and Tosuke sweeps the first match. Well they need to have the flash back episode(s) first lol. I mean it doesn't make sense for them to cut half way through the tounament but they cut off season 1 during the autum elections so it is not completely unwarranted, not to mention I think only 24 episodes in total were ordered for season 3. Not too sure about that though so don't hold me to it

#3177 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:05 PM

Well on the topic of episodes the third plate ova came out recently. :D

Apparently Erina was on her way to falling for Soma even before she knew about Joichiro being his dad, according to the episode :hehehe:

[post='https://www.watchcar...-english-subbed'][/post]

Edited by Phantom_999, 24 May 2018 - 06:06 PM.

#3178 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:11 AM

Why does the chapter at the start feel like it is the ending? And the feeling kind of continues throughout the rest of the chapter?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 May 2018 - 08:32 AM.

#3179 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:06 PM

The Chapter did feel like a epilogue more than anything, but there was not 'The End' and as far as I know there has not been any announcements about the manga ending so it's likely going to continue, though I do struggle to see what direction it will go, maybe a large corporation will threaten them or a school from abroad will challenge their territory or maybe there will be a elite school exam that they take part in.

I'm surprised Megumi is only the 10th seat, I would have thought with her being one of the finalists she'd be slightly higher. I am also surprised Alice is ranked so high, but I guess the manga needs to keep her close to Ryo as they have a love-rivalry thing going on, and they are meant to be really close.

So my guess is.

1) Souma

2) Ishiki

3) Kuga

4) - 6) already known. (I wonde though if they keep challenging each other if the arrangement keeps on changing.

7) Nene

8) Takumi

9) Eizen

10) Megumi

Maybe the copycat is in Eizens place, or maybe even Hisako.

Gotta give the artist credit, giving everyone a new hairstyle and changing their features ever so slightly, does make a big difference, Ryoko actually looks like she's the same age as everyone with shorter hair, and not a sempai like she originally appeared, everyone else look different, slightly taller and older, except Yoshino she still looks a middle school student.

iAnby7W.gif

#3180 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 04:39 PM

Yeah I like everyone's new looks though. Did Ryoko get more slender though? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users