6 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 03:30 PM

I need to find a shorter title for these side mangas.

Summary Time: Chapter 2. Ok, this manga don't have titles for its chapters.

Literally from where it left off last chapter. Prisoners state that they can't run away because they will be food for the dinosaur if they did. It belongs to Zanzul the male Karin, who comes in and tells them to get back to work. Then as they are working Sasuke's cellmate Jiji comes up and starts talking with him. Ah god damnit. So as they are chatting Jiji explains they are building a telescope/observatory, its freezing, but its work or get eaten. Jiji gets a blister which he is happy about because they got a new nurse a hot sweet heart who is single...Is everyone else thinking what I'm thinking? Incase you think I'm just overreacting or something like that the image while this guy talks look very similar to Sakura with maybe a few differences that might just be down to artwork. Oh in this land they have rings to show you are married which is why the prisoners assume she is unmarried. Sasuke thinks of a ring for some reason...oh damnit, is that going to be foreshadowing to some tinder moment where he give Sakura a ring. He also points out the guards are nervous around Sasuke since he was able to hold his own against a group of prisoners on his first day.

Back to the cell, his cellmates are playing dice. One old guy is painting his toenails...ok. Sasuke decides to play dice with them for a favor and uses an earth jutsu to fake a gem. He uses jutsu to win and he asks them to cover for him while he checks out the area. He goes off to fight the raptor. It is immune to genjutsu. He at least cuts off one of its hands if not kills it.

The next day he spots Meno alive and well with both hands. Zanzul comes up to him an questions if he was the one that harm him. Sasuke again tries genjutsu but it doesn't work as Zanzul has glass eyes. He decides to let Sasuke go but tells him, he will be watched. 

Kind of hoping to hear the stupid excuse of why Sakura is already there but I'm guessing I'm going to have to wait so they can try to build it up.

As far as the chapter. Lot less contrivances besides Sakura already being there. It would make sense for his cellmates to try to form some camaraderie with him, and he was somewhat clever with his sneaking around by waiting a while before exploring. They also have a few mysteries to keep the reader interested. 

The first chapter still damages it so I give the manga a 4/10 so far.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 November 2022 - 08:53 AM.

#2 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 06 November 2022 - 12:33 AM

no! Boooo!!

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#3 DattebayoXShannaro

DattebayoXShannaro

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Interests:anime/ manga, TCGs, JRPGs

Posted 06 November 2022 - 02:29 AM

Again, thanks for the summaries Bail o'Lies.  Don't know how you do it.

#4 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 06 November 2022 - 07:01 AM

no! Boooo!!

Again, my standards have been lower due to Boruto. This is comparatively competent even if the initial story and concept was terribly done. However, unless there is massive improvement and chapter one was just them stretching before getting their stride. I can't see this getting better than 6/10. Granted, I have yet to suffer the sight of the SS romantic scenes this story apparently has.

Again, thanks for the summaries Bail o'Lies.  Don't know how you do it.

No, seriously it's because these chapters don't really take up much of my time. It would take no longer than five minutes to read these chapters if I wasn't doing the summary. With the summary, it takes at worst thirty minutes and that with checking grammar and such. This is also why I stop doing the anime summaries as they were pissing me off for taking up to an hour of my time watching that crap.

Besides that. I read or watch something else after I'm done with the chapters to unwind. I had dragonball super for Boruto before it went on hiatus. Now, I'm doing those new topics on things I read. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 06 November 2022 - 03:40 PM.

#5 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 06:13 PM

I need to find a shorter title for these side mangas.

Summary Time: Chapter 2. Ok, this manga don't have titles for its chapters.

Literally from where it left off last chapter. Prisoners state that they can't run away because they will be food for the dinosaur if they did. It belongs to Zanzul the male Karin, who comes in and tells them to get back to work. Then as they are working Sasuke's cellmate Jiji comes up and starts talking with him. Ah god damnit. So as they are chatting Jiji explains they are building a telescope/observatory, its freezing, but its work or get eaten. Jiji gets a blister which he is happy about because they got a new nurse a hot sweet heart who is single...Is everyone else thinking what I'm thinking? Incase you think I'm just overreacting or something like that the image while this guy talks look very similar to Sakura with maybe a few differences that might just be down to artwork. Oh in this land they have rings to show you are married which is why the prisoners assume she is unmarried. Sasuke thinks of a ring for some reason...oh damnit, is that going to be foreshadowing to some tinder moment where he give Sakura a ring. He also points out the guards are nervous around Sasuke since he was able to hold his own against a group of prisoners on his first day.

Back to the cell, his cellmates are playing dice. One old guy is painting his toenails...ok. Sasuke decides to play dice with them for a favor and uses an earth jutsu to fake a gem. He uses jutsu to win and he asks them to cover for him while he checks out the area. He goes off to fight the raptor. It is immune to genjutsu. He at least cuts off one of its hands if not kills it.

The next day he spots Meno alive and well with both hands. Zanzul comes up to him an questions if he was the one that harm him. Sasuke again tries genjutsu but it doesn't work as Zanzul has glass eyes. He decides to let Sasuke go but tells him, he will be watched. 

Kind of hoping to hear the stupid excuse of why Sakura is already there but I'm guessing I'm going to have to wait so they can try to build it up.

As far as the chapter. Lot less contrivances besides Sakura already being there. It would make sense for his cellmates to try to form some camaraderie with him, and he was somewhat clever with his sneaking around by waiting a while before exploring. They also have a few mysteries to keep the reader interested. 

The first chapter still damages it so I give the manga a 4/10 so far.

It sounds like one of those prison escape dramas. though I forgot if escaping was the intention, sorry about that. while better than Boruto, as you've said, I still find nothing engaging so far with it

Edited by Phantom_999, 07 November 2022 - 06:13 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 09:36 PM

It sounds like one of those prison escape dramas. though I forgot if escaping was the intention, sorry about that. while better than Boruto, as you've said, I still find nothing engaging so far with it

Close its a infiltration/under-cover in a prison story. "Phantom, there is a criminal named Rim-Job Jim that knows of a plot to assassinate the President. We need you to go undercover as a convict in the Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary, integrate yourself to Rim-Job's gang, and figure out the plot before its too late."

The only two things that are interesting are, why the hell is there a raptor, and how did Sakura already get there?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 07 November 2022 - 09:37 PM.

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 08 November 2022 - 02:46 AM

Ah thanks for clearing that up

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users