Announcement coming in Jump Fiesta 2022

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 01 November 2022 - 11:36 PM

Looks like something going to shake up the franchise in this year's Jump Fiesta.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#2 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 01 November 2022 - 11:49 PM

Looks like something going to shake up the franchise in this year's Jump Fiesta.

What for Naruto if so I bet its not much or anything good.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 02 November 2022 - 01:47 AM

I think its because of the fact that this year is suppose to be the 20th anniversary of the anime, the various companies are doing projects to see how well Naruto-Boruto still sells. Such as the two side manga and that Naruto anniversary video have gotten decent views.

The possibilities:

A new video game since Strikers has run its course.

A movie or ova.

Naruto Kai.

However, the promo image I saw was Naruto with Hokage Naruto reflected in the headband, and the fact that the two Boruto side manga have Naruto's name on them instead means it probably very Naruto focused.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 03 November 2022 - 07:42 AM.

#4 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 03 November 2022 - 09:33 PM

Alternate NaruSaku timeline!

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#5 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 03 November 2022 - 10:11 PM

Oh if only that was true, sadly wont happen with SP and the Hinata staff there. The fear I have if they do a reboot they would remove Sakura or have Hinata on Team 7.

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 02:28 AM

Oh if only that was true, sadly wont happen with SP and the Hinata staff there. The fear I have if they do a reboot they would remove Sakura or have Hinata on Team 7.

With the anniversary video not having Hinata in it, I doubt it is a reboot with Hinata as team 7 third member.

It is more the companies are testing the water. They know Naruto still sells -due to international sales- and they know that Boruto only gets a fraction of Naruto's earnings (therefore its almost worthless and doesn't have the same pull as Naruto does with its audiences). The Boruto focused franchise hasn't been doing hot this last decade, but would going back to Naruto change that? So, they are likely to due something Naruto focus to see if it still sells, and go from there. Doubt it will be NS unless they are really confident but I also doubt there will be much nH in it as well.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 04 November 2022 - 08:15 AM.

#7 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 12:17 AM

They could get around the whole "thou shalt not let Naruto and Sakura be themselves" Boruto Era commandment by going the dragon ball heroes route and creating a Naruto multiverse of sorts. That way, they wouldn't have to worry about pissing off the vocal minority!

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#8 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 01:18 AM

They could get around the whole "thou shalt not let Naruto and Sakura be themselves" Boruto Era commandment by going the dragon ball heroes route and creating a Naruto multiverse of sorts. That way, they wouldn't have to worry about pissing off the vocal minority!

Lol, better than what I would do as I would be all screw the vocal minority! And tell them all to take writing classes on how development works.

But right now we have no idea what they will do. Still this is SP and they could still screw all of this up.

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 05 November 2022 - 09:21 AM

Lol, better than what I would do as I would be all screw the vocal minority! And tell them all to take writing classes on how development works.

But right now we have no idea what they will do. Still this is SP and they could still screw all of this up.

I'm playing the optimist, that it will be Naruto focus probably no nH or Boruto maybe NS, because it is amusing, but if it doesn't happen, oh well.

SP is not a monolith that solely supports nH. There is a strong faction of animators and some writers that do obese over Hinata. But, there were others that thought this was a terrible idea; they were apparently largely women according to kishimoto. Also, you have the higher up execs that went along with it because their employees promised that it would be a huge profit earner. It hasn't, or at least not to the level they were promised.

I see this as coming full circle to why Boruto exist. Like before they (WSJ/SP) are looking at their products and realize that they don't have anything to replace a successful money maker in sales, yet. My Hero Academy is ending; it is at its final battles right now. Black Clover anime hasn't started up again. Jujutsu's mangaka already said he is at the final arc. The guy who made demon slayer hasn't started a new manga yet. Dragonball Super I think is on hiatus both because still Bulma's VA passing but also them deciding where to go from where they are after the success of Super Heroes. Many of their old IPs such as Bleach and Kenshin are getting new anime. They want something to bring in sales, at least till they find a new money maker.

Now, they are looking at Boruto. The anime stuck in endless filler and still hasn't managed to outsell Naruto's reruns yet. The manga refusing to move its plot along at all even after kishi was brought back and even declining in sales. Then, they look at Naruto who manga reprints still out sell Boruto, and the anime who still beats its sequel in earnings while its on reruns. They look at two spin off manga with Naruto's name on it crushing Boruto in views (which they probably did to see if this would happen,) therefore hopefully sales. This is also after giving Boruto at least 5 years to get it own legs, but it can't beat an IP that been over for almost a decade now. Now, you are an executive in a company with this information, what do you do?

So, I see this as testing the waters. If its successful go from there. If they get information that its would make more money with NS they will eventually do it...maybe. They're not cancelling Boruto partially due to no point in it, since they already done a lot of cost cutting measure to make sure it was profitable, or at least stayed out of the red.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 05 November 2022 - 07:46 PM.

#10 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 06 November 2022 - 11:49 PM

I heard they might be doing naruto NFTs

#11 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 07 November 2022 - 02:25 AM

If that's true, they are definitely screwed and the franchise will die along with it.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 08:51 AM

If that's true, they are definitely screwed and the franchise will die along with it.

Agreed. If it is just NFTs, which are just exclusive artwork with supposed worth, that is too cheap and penny-pinching and to me show they have no confidence in the IP and are just out for a quick buck. If its NFTs along with anything else such as a game, a movie, a manga, or an anime then that's at least some confidence.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 08 November 2022 - 10:06 AM.

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 06:16 PM

My response

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#14 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 07 November 2022 - 08:28 PM

My response

Well said, Phantom and Ike!

#15 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 01:20 AM

I see some people think that it is just the Anime getting much better animation and nothing is going to change.

#16 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 01:38 AM

If that's all then... :lmao:

Not much of a celebration if you ask me and good thing too, I have nothing to celebrate for this series anymore. It no longer means anything to me

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#17 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 10 November 2022 - 10:44 AM

If that's all then... :lmao:

Not much of a celebration if you ask me and good thing too, I have nothing to celebrate for this series anymore. It no longer means anything to me

Yeah its what Ive seen with many on YouTube saying older episodes will get a remaster of animation.

The only thing that I would like to watch is them killing off Hinata in a very humiliating way and for Naruto and Sasuke to die.

#18 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 11 November 2022 - 08:49 AM

It's been a while, and I hope everyone is doing well!  I just recently came back from my trip in India... and man it's like 2 AM back home and the time zone difference has been well interesting to say the least. 

Anyway, I just gives my two cents on what this jump festa announcement could be that's happening.

I've got 3 strong contenders here that we could definitely get here, and I'll start from bottom to top possibiltiy.

3.  Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 5: 

- I know a lot of people have been asking for this one for a while, and I think the possibility is there for us to see something like this from Cyberconnect 2   maybe for like  a later 2023 release probably around fall. 

-  You might also think, well what could you cover for Storm 5? They could always cover the important arcs in the Boruto anime and have the story mode be similarly adapted to how it was showcased in storm 4. 

Now if I were to play a percentage game on this, I'd say 45% it happens &  55% it doesn't. 

2.  a New Naruto/Boruto Movie: 

- This wasn't one I gave a lot of thought into until I started looking deep into the studio and anime history again and maybe this is just me, but rewatching the time travel arc again and that Kishi was involved in the story along with the animation being pretty good... I had to wonder if the Time Travel Arc was originally meant to be a movie.   

-   You might think,  "Lucky, what's the take here?"  Well I was thinking about the Chikara Filler Arc in Shippuden, and If I remember correctly based on the animation budget and the way certain scenes played out. It definitely screams that Chikara was meant to be a movie before they went with Road to Ninja.  Correct me if I'm wrong about that one, but I remember that was a huge discussion at the time.

- So if we're taking those factors into consideration  the chances of a new movie is definitely possible, and as to when the movie would take place... that one would honestly be pretty tough.  

Percentage game on a New Naruto/Boruto Movie I'd have to say is 50% - 50% split. 

1.  Naruto Kai:

- This one shouldn't really shouldn't be a surprise for being at the top because of the 20 year anniversary celebration trailer we got which I know has everyone speculating that it's gonna be a full on remake of the entire Naruto story with beautiful outstanding animation.  

-  I also know a lot us have been speculating could this mean NS,  SK, a different timeline of events that deviant from the source material.   Let me just share my view on this cause I know with my new found appreciation for NH these days... this is just gonna be overlooked, but just sit with me on  what I'm about to say here.....

-  The idea of a Naruto remake straying away from the manga timeline actually does sound really intriguing and I still think it would be nice to see NS com to fruition  even though it could be viewed as pyrrhic victory.  My thing is that it's not even about whether the pairing happens or not.   

I would personally love for the anime remake to fix certain holes especially in the 2nd half of the timeskip within the story and really showcase stuff that was overlooked from the source material.   Do I think that's a chance that could happen?   I've got no idea, but it's one I would like to see. 

The most likely outcome I think we're gonna get with a Naruto anime remake,  If that is indeed what this is announcement is.....  It will most likely run similarly to how Dragon Ball Z Kai played out to where it was as close to the canon story in the manga as they could make it.... despite the fact that Kai pretty much used old footage from the original Z  anime and cropped took out most of the filler stuff. 

but a fully faithful adaptation of the manga with all 700 Chapters is most likely something we'll probably get and most likely expand on some key moments here and there that could've been fleshed out in the manga. 

My percentage game with this honestly has to be 97% that it will happen, and a very small 3% that it won't happen. 

Those are just my thoughts on the matter though!

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

#19 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 11 November 2022 - 02:54 PM

Well my thoughts on those.

NNS5: I find unlikely due to the failure of the last game. Now some of you are immediately thinking, "But Bail NNS4 sold well." I'm talking about Shinobi Strikers, that was the last Naruto game that wasn't a mobile game and it sold very poorly. They aren't doing any games until they have more confidence that they will sell. 2/10

New movie: The chikara arc was originally a movie before Kishimoto wanted to do a movie, I think that's even on the wiki. A movie would be a very quick check to see if Naruto could still be popular. "The two Naruto-Boruto movies we release internationally were before streaming took off maybe it was just bad luck and with the renaissance of international interest in anime, new Naruto-Boruto movies could sell," some Executives have likely thought. However, if they don't sell it will be quite clear with easy comparisons to the other movies they have released since streaming anime took off. So an expensive check 3/10.

Naruto-Kai: If its going to be anything beyond NFTs its gonna be this. A season of an anime can cost around the same as a video game or a movie from what I understand, but they can obscure the numbers a bit more from the public while they check the data themselves. Also, if it doesn't work they can just do Naruto up to the wave arc then stop if it doesn't sell, but if it does then they can continue very quickly without having to wait like they would for a movie or game which both have at least a year of development time. NS happening depends on how the executives believe Naruto's fall and Boruto's failure happened. If they believe that simply, Boruto isn't as popular as his father, they will stop it there, but if they believe its because people wanted him to get together with Sakura not Hinata they may go for it. 10/10 if its more than just NFTs.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 14 November 2022 - 09:13 PM.

#20 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,419 posts
  • Interests:Writing

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 12 November 2022 - 05:49 AM

Well my thoughts on those.

NNS5: I find unlikely due to the failure of the last game. Now some of you are immediately thinking, "But Bail NNS4 sold well." I'm talking about Shinobi Strikers, that was the last Naruto game that wasn't a mobile game and it sold very poorly. They aren't doing any games until they have more confidence that they will sell. 2/10

New movie: The chikara arc was originally a movie before Kishimoto wanted to do a movie, I think that's even on the wiki. A movie would be a very quick check to see if Naruto could still be popular. "The two Naruto-Boruto movies we release internationally were before streaming took off maybe it was just bad luck and with the renaissance of international interest in anime, new Naruto-Boruto movies could sell," some Executives have likely thought. However, if they don't sell it will be quite clear with easy comparisons to the other movies they have released since streaming anime took off. So an expensive check 3/10.

Naruto-Kai: If its going to be anything beyond NFTs its gonna be this. A season of an anime cost can around the same as a video game or a movie from what I understand, but they can obscure the numbers a bit more from the public while they check the data themselves. Also, if it doesn't work they can just do Naruto up to the wave arc then stop if it doesn't sell, but if it does then they can continue very quickly without having to wait like they would for a movie or game which both have at least a year of development time. NS happening depends on how the executives believe Naruto's fall and Boruto's failure happened. If they believe that simply, Boruto isn't as popular as his father, they will stop it there, but if they believe its because people wanted him to get together with Sakura not Hinata they may go for it. 10/10 if its more than just NFTs.

Those are really great points you've brought up Bails for each of the topics you responded, and whatever this announcement is gonna be... More than likely its gonna be something anime related given the timing of everything with the anniversary, but we'll just have to see when that time arises. 

4e26f1bc8d604925166ad9bb2f431f5cc8eb6385

THAT'S WHAT HEROES DO, THEY SAVE PEOPLE!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users