154 replies to this topic

#41 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (dokueki(venom) @ Feb 15 2012, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Konoha Nin reminds of the scene from Super Troopers by leaving two of the dumbest guys around guarding the place while everone else is at war. LOL!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

"Meow, where'd you get this picture from. I meow you didn't paint it here in this meow cell. Though it could have been sent through the meow. Now tell me where you got it! Right meow!"

(lame-o super troopers joke, if you seen the movie. Meow.)

#42 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:56 PM

That moment after you read the chapter and all you can do is facepalm at seeing Sasuke be psycho and the rest of team Taka acting weird.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#43 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (catsi563 @ Feb 15 2012, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Qucik edit. Just reread that and yep she cleverly concealed some lockpick tools in the picture no sealing scroll. The guard explains though why she has it. She reacts violently whern he tries to take it and behaves when they leave it with her.

It may be an explanation, but it's an exceptionally weak one that still makes the guards look bad.

1. They're too weak to take it or dumb to take it. If it takes more than just the two of them then so be it. They shouldn't allow that to happen. Period.

and

2. That behavior should be an immediate red flag, but apparently it's "odd" and the write it off.

She's a freaking ninja trained in stealth and deception like them and they let her keep personal property without bothering to check it? Shouldn't that be the standard operating procedure to check that stuff? They aren't even looking underneath. Hell, how would they even know if it was a scroll because from your post it doesn't even sound like they bothered to check?

Sorry, but those guys are morons.

C'mon, what did you expect from Konoha? You saw how inept their ANBU and defense plans were in part one. But I gotta agree that this level of incompetence is pretty tough to handwave away. But still, And yet I persevere! I'm just adding it to the list of things about the manga that I'm ignoring. I really think that Kishi had things pretty carefully laid out up until a point and knows where he ultimately wants them to go, but hasn't figured out how to get them there yet.

It's, at this point, a minor detail, and I probably shouldn't care, but geez, it's like the explanation of letting a bunch of genin and newly minted chuunin run after the last Uchiha (everyone else was occupied)...it's there. It's an explanation, but it's a crappy one that is tough to buy.

I've got to really stretch the imagination to let this one go.

How did they become one of the most powerful ninja villages again?

"Meow, where'd you get this picture from. I meow you didn't paint it here in this meow cell. Though it could have been sent through the meow. Now tell me where you got it! Right meow!"

(lame-o super troopers joke, if you seen the movie. Meow.)

I've never seen the movie. Now I want to.

Also, the grammar in this translation is atrocious. Couldn't focus on the story....

Yeah, it is. There are several typos, including the chapter number, which read 576 when I looked it.

#44 redkunai66

redkunai66

chopstick stilts

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 15 2012, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did they become one of the most powerful ninja villages again?

resources? ridiculous power ups?
senju could grow forests and mandara was able to brainwash kyuubi. then we have the rest of clans (Inochoshika, byaku, inu, and bug clan) that basically do all the work. *shrug*

who knows- kishi doesn't really sweat the details

#45 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (redkunai66 @ Feb 15 2012, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
resources? ridiculous power ups?
senju could grow forests and mandara was able to brainwash kyuubi. then we have the rest of clans (Inochoshika, byaku, inu, and bug clan) that basically do all the work. *shrug*

who knows- kishi doesn't really sweat the details

I was being somewhat facetious when I asked that question. Don't take it too seriously.

#46 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

Keeping the promise

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, NaruSaku, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic!, The Legend of Zelda, League of Legends, videogames and anime in general.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hmm.. this was a different chapter, to put it like that. I do have a few observations I would like to share...

-Very clever of Karin to hide something like this under her glasses. Of course, I can't say the same about the guards watching over here.

-Did anyone notice that Yugo suddenly felt some kind of pain for no particular reason? Could this mean that Orochimaru still plays a role here? (considering the punch was directly launched at the hideout, the cursed seal is a technique made by Orochimaru and we we go a bit back, think about Kabuto having an internal fight with Orochimaru's remains... Does this means that he is not completely out of Naruto yet?

-Finally, I have two things to say about Sasuke: First, the impression I get after reading this chapter is that he's insane.

Despite this, I can't seem to shake off the exp​ression he makes after he hears Zetsu speaking about Naruto's comrades gathering. Is that a smile? I'm not sure. But I find this to be an unusual exp​ression coming from Sasuke.

Overall, good chapter I guess.

#47 redkunai66

redkunai66

chopstick stilts

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 15 2012, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was being somewhat facetious when I asked that question. Don't take it too seriously.

lol- wasn't taking it seriously- i stopped taking naruto's universe seriously a long long time ago- but nevermind- i get your point nate

#48 Super Boom

Super Boom

WC?

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:33 PM

I agree that the prison guards are pretty stupid. I assume she had the notepad when she came into prison, which was before most of Konoha went to war, so even the 'good' guards must have failed in this case.
But I suppose, if Kishi really wanted it to make sense, he could just pull out some bogus explanation about how she can use some random stealth move to hide metal instruments with her chakra. Maybe there's a very minor genjutsu scroll underneath the notepad that coerced to guard to just quickly glance over the notepad ("These aren't the picks you're looking for..." tongue.gif). *shrug* I guess I generally don't try too hard to understand plot devices related to the characters' skills, since they generally don't seem to make too much sense to begin with.

As for the rest of the chapter, I guess it was alright, even though it was pretty Sasuke-centric. I'm glad we're seeing Team Taka again, I was worried Kishi forgot about them just like he forgot about half of the Edo Tensei's he introduced. *grumble grumble*. Hopefully Mangetsu and Kimimaro are still around, I want to see how they interact with Suigetsu and Juugo (believe it or not, Kishi, some of us want to see more than just Naruto and Sasuke every week). I'm also surprised that the random White Zetsu that Sasuke killed turned out to be the original. Wow, that's boring. Oh well, it doesn't look like it affected Black Zetsu or the rest of the White Zetsu clones, at least noticeably. I now wonder if there's even a way to destroy all the White Zetsus at once, since killing the original clearly doesn't do it. My guess is that Yamato and the Hashirama plant are going to have something to do with it.

Pairing-wise, I didn't really take Karin's bipolar Sasuke speech as anything serious. I'm pretty sure she was just trying to make the guards think she was going nuts. That's not to say she doesn't care about him anymore, but I don't think that scene really proved it. I was more interested in Suigetsu's comments about Sasuke and Karin, and how we wanted to split them up or whatever. Does he have a thing for Karin, or does he just enjoy splitting happy couples up? I'm going with the latter, just because he's Suigetsu. pictureem0.gif

And yeah, the translation was pretty awful. I shouldn't complain, since I don't know Japanese, but sometimes I really wish they would put a little more time into these translations. Some of the errors seem pretty obvious.

Edited by Boom...Winning, 15 February 2012 - 09:37 PM.

tumblr_ndajpwG2zQ1qitrvro1_500.gif

#49 harry4e

harry4e

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Phantom_999 @ Feb 15 2012, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For what reason dude? mellow.gif Do you get annoyed with One Piece if they don't have a fight and are travelling along on their merry way to where ever?

Bad example mate, I actually like the One Piece downtime chapters, sometimes more than the fights. To be honest I've never liked Sasuke, to a point that the only part of the Manga I have not read or watched completely is the period between, him defeating a dying Orichimaru to after the point where Itachi had to kill himself in battle to allow Sasuke to win, I basically got the cliff notes on what happened, even the battle with Bee I basically skimmed over the chapters...If the manga was called Sasuke, I would have dropped it years ago.

iAnby7W.gif

#50 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (zacrathedemon5 @ Feb 15 2012, 05:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amazing chapter. Old characters reintroduced (Karin looked like she was planning something), a method from Orochimaru that we haven't seen yet, and a prelude to an Itachi and Sasuke meeting.
Outstanding.

Hehe, YUP. laugh.gif Good plot development without a single halfa**ed improvisation line. It looks planned out and flows well.

QUOTE (harry4e @ Feb 15 2012, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow I wonder where this is going to go. --Click here to view--
Very dissapointed in this chapter, They just happened to fight and break the wall that led to Orichimaru's secret research lab. I can only see two possabilites about the content of the scrolls one is it is a way to control people with the Orichimaru's hickey on them and do their bidding, and the other more likely and what i'm leaning towards is to make him like Madara and inject him with the Senju DNA and thus giving him the power-up of the Motoken and unlocking he Rinnigan...And here I was thinking he's done wanking over the power of the Sharingan.

Karin's actions really pissed me off, I found it sickening how she was still crazy over the gay after he tried to kill her, that's another freebie where Sasuke is concerned, he as done nothing to deserve that kind of devotion, infact girls seem to fall over themselves to be with him, even Ino who had close to no interaction with him was crying when he was declared a missing nin.It's a insult to women in general the way Kishi portrays women and their feelings for Sasuke.

And honestly Kishi, Are you telling me that a prisoner of a village with a clan full of ninja that can use X-ray vision would let a frame with sharp objects inside pass inspection?

I'm dissapointed, all the way around...The fact it was Sasuke centric usually puts me off the chapters anyway.

For what reason dude? Do you get annoyed with One Piece if they don't have a fight and are travelling along to where ever for plot development? First before we consider Karin's behavior as "sickening" it has to be revealed if she meant it first of all. And if you're getting annoyed with guards for over looking something and being retarded, then let me put it this way: character never gets out of prison and never has any involvement in plot again. BOOOOOORRRRRRING. That's that's pretty much like saying You wanted Luffy to stay at Impel Down prison and never get out to save Ace. Where does that leave you? mellow.gif

QUOTE (Nate River @ Feb 15 2012, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's past the first page, so I should be fine.

I have to hold off my opinion of this chapter, some of the thing you say I thought, but...

1. Karin could be doing that to convince the guards she nuts (which they think she is) just to escape. So, it could be an act or it could be legit. We'll have to see what she does and says once she is out. I already don't like her character, but if she repeats this kind of thing or actually is still hung up on Sasuke (unless we are talking battered woman syndrome or something akin to Stockholm Syndrome here, it shouldn't be debatable, he tried to kill you and left you to die), then she'll join Shikamaru at the bottom of my character lists.

2. Konoha's prison guards suck. That was an awful lot of stuff she got in the cell. Ninja watching ninja. They should know better. Yeah, credit to her on her part, but those "hiding" spots don't appear to be especially clever.

3. To the person who mentioned redemption for killing Sasuke: In every panel Sasuke looks about one step from completely twisting off and stretches logic to try and justify genocide. He clearly bought into Tobi tales, hook, like, and sinker.

4. Every time I think the Sharingan couldn't get more hacked, it gets more hacked. Now Susanno can fire off multiple Amaterasu without breaking a sweat along with what appeared to be Tsukiyomi. C'mon. I used to thing Kishimoto did such a good job not letting this stuff out of control, but I was clearly mistaken.

5. Sasuke-Itachi--he suggests that, but I'm not convinced it will happen until I see it happen. It would be good, but I still worry he'll pull a Nagato/Naruto on me.

So...I could easily end up despising this chapter, but I'm not ready to do that yet. Have to see what he does.

I'd assume Karin was acting too. If not then God bless and see where her so called feelings get her, no big deal. And any minor character of no importance is supposed to suck. tongue.gif That way the main characters can clean up the mess, by word of creator. Why do you think the Konoha 11 can complete missions that require Jonin to do? smile.gif Sasuke getting deeper into revenge crazed jacka** phase, nothing new. cool.gif If the Sharingan wasn't hacked it be a pretty one sided fight anyway for Naruto. Besides we already got an idea that the EMS would be hacked via explanation of Tobi/Madara. God forbid Sauke getting the Rinnegan next, like how Madara got it RIGHT before he died. th_cussing.gif

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Feb 15 2012, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That moment after you read the chapter and all you can do is facepalm at seeing Sasuke be psycho and the rest of team Taka acting weird.

Sasuke was already psycho. No need to face palm at that man. smile.gif Getting crazy is only what his character is good for at this point. cool.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 February 2012 - 09:54 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#51 Fyuria'sLeo

Fyuria'sLeo

Dork

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts
  • Interests:Space, Video Games, Drawing, Writing, Science, Reading, Friendship. Mostly things about space.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

Was pointing out the fact at how psycho he's become since we last saw him being psycho.

8c5a9c63d23baf4e9d077bf65597592bb55115a2

#52 al0eaz

al0eaz

Blind Fingers Lee

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

Besides all the stuff thats getting talked to death over, the terrible grammar was killing me. I could barely read the chapter.

trainercard_zpsafda1a60.png

#53 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

I'd assume Karin was acting too. If not then God bless and see where her so called feelings get her, no big deal. And any minor character of no importance is supposed to suck. tongue.gif That way the main characters can clean up the mess, by word of creator. Why do you think the Konoha 11 can complete missions that require Jonin to do? smile.gif Sasuke getting deeper into revenge crazed jacka** phase, nothing new. cool.gif If the Sharingan wasn't hacked it be a pretty one sided fight anyway for Naruto. Besides we already got an idea that the EMS would be hacked via explanation of Tobi/Madara. God forbid Sauke getting the Rinnegan next, like how Madara got it RIGHT before he died. th_cussing.gif

I don't recall him ever explaining how he got the Rinnegan, just that he unlocked it. So, Sasuke could get it without completely blowing up the series's interal logic.

#54 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:31 PM

Sasuke could get it the same way then cause Madara had the EMS too. Not that its confirmed that the EMS has anything to do with getting the Rinnegan, just That Madara had EMS and supposedly got the rinnegan just before he died.

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Feb 15 2012, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was pointing out the fact at how psycho he's become since we last saw him being psycho.

No where to go but down in Sasuke's case, no?

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 February 2012 - 10:34 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#55 Minori

Minori

しし {shishi}

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Fyuria'sLeo @ Feb 15 2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even though I'm not a fan of Sasuke (every new chapter makes me dislike him even more), I kinda feel sorry for him... I'm not even sure if he realizes what he's doing. The most horrible thing that can happen to someone is losing their mind. (._.)

Edited by Minori, 15 February 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#56 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

Besides the terrible grammar in the chapter, it was pretty good overall, and it shows us just how much further and further Sasuke is slipping into his own darkness. I don't know if Naruto can save him, but perhaps Itachi might be able to talk some sense into him or at least disable some features of his eyes.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#57 shadow_Uzumaki

shadow_Uzumaki

If you can't say something nice....

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts
  • Interests:Stuff

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Feb 15 2012, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And why the hate?! shamefulcry0js.gif Sasuke isn't that bad...

Sasuke isn't that bad..... Let me list the ways:

Almost had an entire team of rookies killed because he left the village for 'power.'
And his rival, who did stay with Konoha, still ends up being a freakishly powerful ninja through training....

Foolishly attacks the Kage Summit because he wanted to kill one guy.

Invades and tries to kidnap a Jinchuuriki (and fails miserably), which almost causes a war between Cloud and Leaf....

Wants to destroy all of Konoha for some misguided attempt at restoring the Uchiha name (one that transcends anything resembling 'filial piety' and into obsession).

All this on top of him being batsh&t insane....and not in the nice to watch, Joker insane, either. Sasuke's become an unrepentant murderer that's little more like a rabid dog lashing at anything.

I don't think calling him a rabid dog is bashing (though it can easily be so) but a description to show how much he's fallen.

Edited by shadow_Uzumaki, 15 February 2012 - 11:09 PM.

#58 CloudMountainJuror

CloudMountainJuror

Zac the CMJ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (Konan-chan @ Feb 15 2012, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And why the hate?! shamefulcry0js.gif Sasuke isn't that bad...

Opinions, opinions. In your opinion, he isn't that bad. In my opinion, he is.

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Feb 15 2012, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Almost had an entire team of rookies killed because he left the village for 'power.'
And his rival, who did stay with Konoha, still ends up being a freakishly powerful ninja through training....

Invades and tries to kidnap a Jinchuuriki (and fails miserably), which almost causes a war between Lightning and Leaf....

Wants to destroy all of Konoha for some misguided attempt at restoring the Uchiha name (one that transcends anything resembling 'filial piety' and into obsession).

All this on top of him being batsh&t insane....and not in the nice to watch, Joker insane, either. Sasuke's become an unrepentant murderer that's little more like a rabid dog lashing at anything.

I don't think calling him a rabid dog is bashing (though it can easily be so) but a description to show how much he's fallen.

^This would be how I view Sasuke.

Edited by zacrathedemon5, 15 February 2012 - 11:09 PM.

"The time has come at last for you to learn everything . . .

Fare thee well, Albert, my friend."

AboojTi.gif

#59 Greed-Sama

Greed-Sama

The Last Man

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (shadow_Uzumaki @ Feb 15 2012, 05:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Invades and tries to kidnap a Jinchuuriki (and fails miserably), which almost causes a war between Cloud and Leaf....

Not to mention that he thinks he is the greatest ninja in the world.

What has he done?

He almost died against Haku.

He lost to Orochimaru first time around.

He doesn't defeat Gaara and almost gets killed in the process. (Granted problems with his curse seal were at work)

Barely mangages a win against Naruto.

Kills a weakened and sickened Orochimaru.

Escapes Deidara barely.

Almost dies against Itachi, who is sickened and weakened and not going out for a full win.

Gets his ass handed to him by the Kages and only escapes by Tobi's intervention.

Manages to kill Danzo...well that's one "win" for him.

^^^^^ That's the great record of the greatest Uchiha to have ever lived people!
75b28593-b271-4fcc-ab30-b8457d3f9708_zps

#60 Turson

Turson

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

It was a cool chapter for me. Im glad, becuase it was too long since we have seen Sasuke in action. Im very curious about his new EMS abilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users