Chapter 433 Discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:27 AM

It's out now. smile.gif

Naruto 433

Quick note: Gamabunta's line on Page 3 is wrong - it should be something like "Quick little bugger!"

Good chapter. happy.gif Naruto was able to figure out Hell Pain's ability and take him out. It's nice to see him using his henge to fool his enemies again. Some really nice little touches in this chapter, especially how you can see the clone shielding the downed Pain's eyes with his arm so he can't see the original Naruto jumping in with his double Rasengan! Naruto may not always be the sharpest kunai in the drawer, but he can really think on his feet in a fight.

Next chapter is going to be in colour with Naruto vs. God Pain. biggrin.gif I'm sure Naruto will be using misdirection and his Kage Bunshin to open up a hole in God Pain's defences. Since there is only one Pain body left, he no longer has the advantage of shared vision. Naruto's already used two RasenShurikens, so he won't have much Sage chakra left before he has to recharge again. It's going to be a lot harder to do that now that God Pain has his power back.

#2 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

That....was ****ing awesome! wow.png

uc.png

#3 Paradox Jast

Paradox Jast

Is just a pretty face. Really.

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Bleach, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Negima! (to name a couple). World of Warcraft. The Old Republic. Steam. Writing Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction. Reading Naruto and Harry Potter fanfiction.

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

Or next chapter, possibly a new jutsu in his repertoire?

As much as I enjoy seeing Naruto kicking ass and using his learned jutsu consistently and to great effect... it's nice to actually have something -different- once in a while.

The throwing of the rasenshuriken was a nice touch, but not wholly unexpected. Let's bring in the Hiraishin?

#4 Terrace

Terrace

Ghostbuster

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Interests:Ghostbusters, Naruto, and video games.

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

Anyone else excited about the next chapter being in color? a_spaz.gif
NaruSaku supporter and Ghostbusters fanatic!

QUOTE (Yoshimoto Trigen @ Jan 7 2008, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know there is a bigger chance of me farting lightning then a Harem coupling happening.

If you have attempted a jutsu by performing hand seals or using scrolls, copy and paste this into your signature.

Click Here!

#5 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

Damn that was intense! Naruto sure knows how to be more badass! wow.png And how is Yahiko Pain regain his strength back when he already pull off that Shinra Tensei (or whatever how it spelled) which weakens him?

Can't wait for the next COLOR chapter! a_spaz.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#6 Daniee

Daniee

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:53 PM

Wait...so is the entire next chapter in color? o_O
Can someone confirm this?

Anyway, some nice preparation shown by Naruto this chapter. My thoughts at the end pretty much mirror Pain's...how did Naruto get behind him like that? Also, I've got a feeling that God Realm has another trick up his sleeve that he's been saving for the purpose of beating Naruto. He has been shown to have other jutsu than the repel/attract thing.

#7 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jan 30 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait...so is the entire next chapter in color? o_O
Can someone confirm this?

Anyway, some nice preparation shown by Naruto this chapter. My thoughts at the end pretty much mirror Pain's...how did Naruto get behind him like that? Also, I've got a feeling that God Realm has another trick up his sleeve that he's been saving for the purpose of beating Naruto. He has been shown to have other jutsu than the repel/attract thing.

I think they meant that next week, probably a couple of pages will be in color, including the cover, like they usually did.

latest?cb=20140126021943

#8 KungFuTruffle

KungFuTruffle

Whee!

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Interests:Writing<br />Reading<br />Video Games

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

Well, that was very interesting. I thought his fix was going to be something like that, I just didn't think it would be a Shadow Clone he left behind, but rather himself. Huh, guess I don't have my mind set to work exactly like Kishimoto-sensei's.

But the people who theorized there was a Shadow Clone in the scroll were right, so Kudos to them.

I'm rather glad to see Naruto back to using his cleverness in a fight. We haven't seen that since his battle with Kiba, really. Ever since then, it's been nothing but Nine-tails this and that. Rather nice change.

I'd just like to see him use a Replacement jutsu. That would fill all of my desires quite well. smile.gif

#9 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:05 PM

I can see that Naruto is continuing from the kakuzu fight. I mean what Yamato/Tenzou said about the New Naruto.

Link: http://www.onemanga....Naruto/340/017/

Hmm. can't believe its almost 100 chps from the previous time when we saw Naruto fightin.
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#10 Chivalrysae

Chivalrysae

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts
  • Interests:Flag Football, Anime, Indoor Wall Climbing, Hiking, Running

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:25 PM

I can't wait to see how Sakura reacts to how Naruto has changed.

#11 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,842 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (Chivalrysae @ Jan 30 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't wait to see how Sakura reacts to how Naruto has changed.

I want to see that reaction too tongue.gif

latest?cb=20140126021943

#12 NutMan

NutMan

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Derock @ Jan 30 2009, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to see that reaction too tongue.gif

We've already seen a little bit of it. In the first chapter where Naruto is back(430 or 431 I think...) Sakura sees how much he's changed and she appears to be almost speechless. I think she said something like "Wow Naruto...".

#13 iwant2bnaruto

iwant2bnaruto

peekaboo Mizore-chan <3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

Another action packed chapter! Naruto was showing all sorts of tactical prowess here. Especially with how quickly he came up with a method to counter Hungry Ghost's ability. Although, I was a little surprised and confused at the Rasen Shuriken/Henge ability. I wonder if he was actually transformed into flying energy based attack or if it simply appeared to look like one?

I also like how after the revelation of Hell Realm's ability, Naruto realized why Pain was in the formation he was at the beginning of their encounter. Just a little thing that reminded me that Naruto is more than just a chakra machine.

QUOTE (Daniee @ Jan 30 2009, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyway, some nice preparation shown by Naruto this chapter. My thoughts at the end pretty much mirror Pain's...how did Naruto get behind him like that?

After Naruto had gotten Hungry Ghost out of the way, he actually launched a two pronged attack. One Naruto fired off his second true Rasen Shuriken and another Naruto leapt off for the sneak attack on Hell as shown in the last panel on page 15:

Naruto's version of a hybrid pincer --Click here to view--

The middle panel on page 15 also seems to show Hell's POV and the tunnel vision both God and Hell had on the incoming Rasen Shuriken. One thing that I can't decide on is whether or not Naruto intended the second true Rasen Shuriken to be a distraction. Either way, if the Naruto that took out Hungry Ghost really was the original, then he was taking a big risk of getting caught up in his own attack if the Rasen Shuriken wasn't dodged or dispersed like it was. I actually think that the original is still in the cloud of dirt but I'll have to wait and see next chapter.

QUOTE (Paradox Jast @ Jan 30 2009, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or next chapter, possibly a new jutsu in his repertoire?

As much as I enjoy seeing Naruto kicking ass and using his learned jutsu consistently and to great effect... it's nice to actually have something -different- once in a while.

The throwing of the rasenshuriken was a nice touch, but not wholly unexpected. Let's bring in the Hiraishin?

For some reason, I get this feeling that soon we'll actually see something new from Naruto. Maybe not next chapter but perhaps soon...

While I don't think Hiraishin will come into play, it would be funny to see God Pain's face realizing that against the Hiraishin, a 5 second recharge time for his gravity ability is like an eternity tongue.gif .

#14 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:54 PM

As might as I loved the chapter, but is anyone else getting annoyed at the constant Rasengan abuse? I know it's just as bad as Sasuke and the Chidori, but you think a new jutusu would be something away from a Rasengan base?

#15 iwant2bnaruto

iwant2bnaruto

peekaboo Mizore-chan <3

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE (Shouri no Hana @ Jan 30 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As might as I loved the chapter, but is anyone else getting annoyed at the constant Rasengan abuse? I know it's just as bad as Sasuke and the Chidori, but you think a new jutusu would be something away from a Rasengan base?

Personally, the constant use of Rasengan (or any of its variations) doesn't bother me much. After all, in its base form, it is an extremely potent A rank attack jutsu. Naruto engaging Pain will require his best techniques and it's hard to deny the power and simplicity of Rasengan.

What does bother me at times is not that Naruto uses Rasengan so often. It's that he has not shown anything else. I would like to see Naruto have techinques that compliment the Rasengan. Techinques that would have advantages in certain situations such as a defensive jutsu.

Kakashi is a good example with his reputation of having an arsenal of jutsus. He tends to use Raikiri often despite how many other techniques he possesses because it's his prefered attack jutsu (not to mention a powerful one at that). However, when certain situations arise, he'll use a different type of technique that is better suited to that situation than Raikiri. That's what I think Naruto is ultimately missing.

Edited by iwant2bnaruto, 30 January 2009 - 08:41 PM.

#16 Shouri no Hana

Shouri no Hana

Call to Arms. Flames of WAR blaze once again

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (iwant2bnaruto @ Jan 30 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally, the constant use of Rasengan (or any of its variations) doesn't bother me much. After all, in its base form, it is an extremely potent A rank attack jutsu. Naruto engaging Pain will require his best techniques and it's hard to deny the power and simplicity of Rasengan.

What does bother me at times is not that Naruto uses Rasengan so often. It's that he has not shown anything else. I would like to see Naruto have techinques that compliment the Rasengan. Techinques that would have advantages in certain situations such as a defensive jutsu.

Kakashi is a good example with his reputation of having an arsenal of jutsus. He tends to use Raikiri often despite how many other techniques he possesses because it's his prefered attack jutsu (not to mention a powerful one at that). However, when certain situations arise, he'll use a different type of technique that is better suited to that situation than Raikiri. That's what I think Naruto is ultimately missing.

Amen.

but still, it would be best if Naruto learnt some snaring Jutsu *aside from what he did with the clone glomping that one body...* it would make it easier for the Rasengan to hit, but you are right, he needs something to compliment the Rasegan, and the Shadow Clones just aren't it.

#17 psycho666

psycho666

wub

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:38 PM

Hmm, it is an interesting fight so far. I like how Naruto seems to be keeping his head on a little and hasn't exploded yet. However, I wonder if Pain is going to bring out something new and big that will put Naruto in dire straights for awhile, or if he will have to retreat/die because of his previous exhaustion. I don't think I have many predictions yet, though I am excited to see what happens.

#18 Sora no Kitsune

Sora no Kitsune

Keyblade Master

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Interests:Manga/Anime - Naruto, FMA, ect.<br />Video Games - Kingdom Hearts, Metroid, LoL, Tera<br />Music - 2 Step from Hell, Rise Against, 30stm<br />Books - Inheritance Cycle (Eragon Series), Game of Thrones<br />Sports - DAGORHIR!!!!<br />

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:51 PM

Personally id like too see some Kyuubi action. I think it would be cool for naruto to go Kyuubi while in sage mode. The kyubbi chakra could maybe aid or double the sage chakra powers and give Naruto an even bigger boost to fight off the final Pain. Plus, with Sage modes horizontal pupils and Kyuubi's vertical pupils, Naruto could end up with cross-shaped pupils laugh.gif That would be cool.

Get Chance and Luck!!~

#19 Illmatic

Illmatic

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

Naruto's been very impressive, tons better than his fight against Kakuzu

#20 jim1982

jim1982

Wow, rule 34... it is Madness!

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE (Shouri no Hana @ Jan 30 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amen.

but still, it would be best if Naruto learnt some snaring Jutsu *aside from what he did with the clone glomping that one body...* it would make it easier for the Rasengan to hit, but you are right, he needs something to compliment the Rasegan, and the Shadow Clones just aren't it.

ya mean something like :
Yomi Numa - Swamp of the Underworld
Funny Naruto Comic: http://nekoni.devian...nowman-73499115

[size=7]Picture done by Nekoni (nekoni.deviantart.com)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users