Close
Photo

Boruto: The NeverEnding Prologue Chapter 35

It is moving to VJump Bolt & Nail are now Bros Ten-tail is back Volume eight is out

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:20 PM

Apparently next chapter it is moving to VJump.

Summary Time: Chapter 35, It's Up to you. The cover page announces that reminds people it anime is on 5:30 pm on Sunday, that its eight volume is out, and that over all the manga is super popular. Which is why is moving from the biggest magazine for shounen manga to its lesser off-shoot.

Do any of you recall Kurama popping out as a floating spirit head? Just making sure. Nail ask what the hell kurama is. Kurama says that would take too long to explain. Apparently the other five kage asked for kurama to keep an eye on Nail even when Naruto sleeps. Nail say that its no wonder Naruto become hokage if he had the power of a tailed beast. Kurama says he wrong and Naruto got it due to his wonderful personality, and that he resemble nail. Kurama gives a speech about what he is...I thought "that would take too long to explain?" And Naruto's past. He also mention Nail's actual name means parched. Again I think 'Nail' works better.

Then onto Nail's training by walking up a tree...man I wish that Kishimoto had come up with more training exercises in part one. He wants Naruto to teach him the shadow clones, does anyone remember that as well? Naruto talks about how this exercise was hard for him so Bolt can say it was a breeze for himself. Fat filler -god what is up with her face!- and Salad are watching him train. Salad is jealous that he get to be trained by Naruto -you know if they just had Salad say this was cutting into her training with Naruto this could have given something the anime could actually work with for multiple arcs-. Fat filler says everyone is Naruto's family a called back to the gaiden. Oh then we get Sai and Shikamaru we also observing as well. As a joke sai steals shikamaru cigarettes. Turns out their are coordinates from that data the Konohamaru found that can only be reached through space time jutsu.

So now we are with Sasuke. As he explores some ruin. So stuff happens and he stumbles upon a world tree monster stuck in a hole.

Back to Naruto and the kids walking somewhere. Apparently Karma hasn't been hurting either of them for awhile now. Salad brings up that the shape of karma -a diamond- is similar to the seal on Sakura's forehead. I guess people have pointed it out to them often enough they finally decided to bring it up themselves. Apparently Bolt so rarely sees Sakura he has to be reminded that she even has that seal on her forehead. Which again goes to show how close team seven families are...is only in Naruto's/the fanatical fans' head. Naruto then points out that Tsunade also has the same seal...so isn't Bolt supposed to be some sort of gifted genius? Nail tries to dismiss the similarities, but Cups finally doing something after about ten chapters is again just used for info dumps about how their is a lengthy history about that jutsu that is yet untold. I smell filler for the anime. Nail gives a speech about the dangers of Kara, and Bolt declares that they are brothers now.

Back to Sasuke and the creature that resembles the jyuubi. Then the leader of kara pops out of a portal. He drops down the hole. Oh no. "The vessel" is the vessel of the ten tailed beast. He absorbs some of the beast chakra and transforms into something Sasuke saw while he was exploring. Oh now there are two vessels.

Back to Bolt and...Cups? They have a conversation that end with Bolt announcing he is a ninja.

Next chapter out 7/20

Oh looks like other people think this moves at a snails pace.

Since the eight volume is now out (came out on the fourth.) So lets set this up:

First week    Second Week   Third Week   Fourth Week   Fifth Week

1) 183,413         293,736            330,564          352,609          372,314

2) 116,905         229,257            266,939          290,008             OFF

3) 185,959         240,629            264,155          280,159             OFF

4) 136,286         200,272            222,467             OFF                OFF

5) 124,500         181,430            205,794          218,994             OFF

6)   96,221         160,055            182,712            OFF                 OFF

7) 112,201         145,430              OFF                OFF                 OFF

8)

https://www.animenew...me-2019/.147238

Just so I don't have to go searching for it next week. Also the quintuplets manga has surpassed Aot in sells to become #5 in volume sales.

So thoughts on the V Jump move?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 June 2019 - 01:17 AM.

#2 Derock

Derock

H&E Interpol Agent

• Kage
  • 8,840 posts
  • Interests:Video games (fighting), NaruSaku, Naruto, Sonic, Street Fighter, DOA, Darkstalkers, Tekken, computers, MHA

Posted 08 June 2019 - 05:30 PM

Apparently next chapter it is moving to VJump.

Summary Time: Chapter 35, It's Up to you. The cover page announces that reminds people it anime is on 5:30 pm on Sunday, that its eight volume is out, and that over all the manga is super popular. Which is why is moving from the biggest magazine for shounen manga to its lesser off-shoot.

Do any of you recall Kurama popping out as a floating spirit head? Just making sure. Nail ask what the hell kurama is. Kurama says that would take too long to explain. Apparently the other five kage asked for kurama to keep an eye on Nail even when Naruto sleeps. Nail say that its no wonder Naruto become hokage if he had the power of a tailed beast. Kurama says he wrong and Naruto got it due to his wonderful personality, and that he resemble nail. Kurama gives a speech about what he is...I thought "that would take too long to explain?" And Naruto's past. He also mention Nail's actual name means parched. Again I think 'Nail' works better.

Then onto Nail's training by walking up a tree...man I wish that Kishimoto had come up with more training exercises in part one. He wants Naruto to teach him the shadow clones, does anyone remember that as well? Naruto talks about how this exercise was hard for him so Bolt can say it was a breeze for himself. Fat filler -god what is up with her face!- and Salad are watch him train. Salad is jealous that he get to be trained by Naruto. Fat filler says everyone is Naruto's family a called back to the gaiden. Oh then we get Sai and Shikamaru we also observing as well. As a joke sai steals shikamaru cigarettes. Turns out their are coordinates from that data the Konohamaru found that can only be reached through space time jutsu.

So now we are with Sasuke. As he explores some ruin. So stuff happens and he stumbles upon a world tree monster stuck in a hole.

Back to Naruto and the kids walking somewhere. Apparently Karma hasn't been hurting either of them for awhile now. Salad brings up that the shape of karma -a diamond- is similar to the seal on Sakura's forehead. I guess people have pointed it out to them often enough they finally decided to bring it up themselves. Apparently Bolt so rarely sees Sakura he has to be reminded that she even has that seal on her forehead. Which again goes to show how close team seven families are...is only in Naruto's/the fanatical fans' head. Naruto then points out that Tsunade also has the same seal...so isn't Bolt supposed to be some sort of gifted genius? Nail tries to dismiss the similarities, but Cups finally doing something after about ten chapters is again just used for info dumps about how their is a lengthy history about that jutsu that is yet untold. I smell filler for the anime. Nail gives a speech about the dangers of Kara, and Bolt declares that they are brothers now.

Back to Sasuke and the creature that resembles the jyuubi. Then the leader of kara pops out of a portal. He drops down the hole. Oh no. "The vessel" is the vessel of the ten tailed beast. He absorbs some of the beast chakra and transforms into something Sasuke saw while he was exploring. Oh now there are two vessels.

Back to Bolt and...Cups? They have a conversation that end with Bolt announcing he is a ninja.

Next chapter out 7/20

Oh looks like other people think this moves at a snails pace.

Since the eight volume is now out lets set this up:

First week    Second Week   Third Week   Fourth Week   Fifth Week

1) 183,413         293,736            330,564          352,609          372,314

2) 116,905         229,257            266,939          290,008             OFF

3) 185,959         240,629            264,155          280,159             OFF

4) 136,286         200,272            222,467             OFF                OFF

5) 124,500         181,430            205,794          218,994             OFF

6)   96,221         160,055            182,712            OFF                 OFF

7) 112,201         145,430              OFF                OFF                 OFF

8)

https://www.animenew...me-2019/.147238

Just so I don't have to go searching for it next week. Also the quintuplets manga has surpassed Aot in sells to become #5 in volume sales.

So thoughts on the V Jump move?

Moving to VJump...

Well, Dragon Ball Super is there, so I'm guessing since Weekly Shonen Jump isn't giving the series any traction (because they want it to be MONTHLY!), the team and higher ups decided to move it to a different magazine where it can get some popularity and exposure like DBS and other titles did. Don't know why these idiots aren't noticing their series is NOT popular and need to stop advertising that it is.

latest?cb=20140126021943

What's Happening with the Naruto series as of now!

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 07:49 PM

Moving to VJump...

Well, Dragon Ball Super is there, so I'm guess since Weekly Shonen Jump isn't giving the series any traction (because they want it to be MONTHLY!), the team and higher ups decided to move it to a different magazine where it can get some popularity and exposure like DBS and other titles did.

I decided to look up what on Vjump at the moment:

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Mikio Ikemoto, Ukyo Kodachi July 2019
Dragon Ball Heroes Victory Mission Toyotarou September 2012
Dragon Ball Super  Akira Toriyama, Toyotarou June 2015
Digimon World Re:Digitize Encode Kōhei Fujino, Akiyoshi Hongō April 2013
Dragon Quest: Souten no Soura Yūki Nakashima, Yūji Horii December 2012
Slime Dawn!! Osamu Kaneko February 2016
Z/X: Code Reunion Urahata Tatsuhiko, Fujima Takuya September 2017

Also: "V Jump's primary content is the information regards the video/arcade games and the card games. Therefore, there are limited numbers of manga titles have been serialized in V Jump. Most of the manga titles in V Jump are the comicalization of the animation and the video/card games." It is a monthly magazine. Also a lot of these are very safe stories that are unlikely to be cancelled.

So here is what I think are two possibilities. Boruto may have always had this fate for it staying on Weekly shounen jump as a boost for rating and to make sure kishi stayed for his new manga, but once that new manga came out it would be moved over to VJump. Or. Boruto was again on WSJ in an attempt to get the new kids to read it to boost rating but that flopped, yet they can't cancel the series. So they just pushed it to VJump where it won't get cancelled for low sales, and they don't have to deal with it anymore.

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:37 AM

Hmm I think it is for all of those reasons AND the fact that it is a monthly series in a weekly magazine, they probably also felt that V jump would be more accommodating since I recall Super is also a monthly series. Yeah I feel that letting the series run on  WSJ was ultimately an experiment to try garnish new readers into the franchise and see if it would take off which it didn't. Another explanation I could think of, though it is speculation only by me, is probably Kishi had an agreement for them to publish Boruto on the magazine until his new series takes off and they would move to V Jump after. If they they stop touting him to be the editor for the series after they move.... well, my point.

Anyway I feel the plot is VERY uninspired as usual, so not bothering commenting on it because I don't really understand the context nor do I plan to. But all it is doing, to what I am reading, is taking plot points from Naruto and making it even more ridiculous than it already was. I've stated this countless times but for this ripoff to even exist, Naruto has to prove to be a worthless savior that did jack squat on his "destined role" and an incompetent leader for there to be DRAMA in the story. And they are just mindlessly expanding on the Princess Kaguya and World tree plot points which were @$$pulls enough as is. So they are taking  two big @$$ pulls and making them even bigger. WONDERFUL. This only shown not only lack of creativity and that the series should just die already but that again there was NEVER going to be any plot point beyond what Kishi wrote, so again what was the point of this series again? BESIDES trying to milk Naruto beyond its lifespan despite having nothing more to "milk"? the WHOLE VILLAGE is his family? So is that WHY he feels some SPECIAL connection to Kawaki/Nail and is putting SOOOOOO much time in to training him because he is reminded of his younger self? that is not preferential treatment/favoritism? I am shocked I tell you :zaru:

P.S. Just want to put this out there. I sometimes ACT surprised by plot points for "irony and sarcasm". So again, don't mind me.

Edited by Phantom_999, 09 June 2019 - 10:52 AM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 05:07 PM

Yawn.

More of the " I didn't know the obvious stuff even when pointed out to me" cliche.

Salad: "Does Sasuke wear glasses?"
Sakura: "I don't know."

Boruto: "Does Sakura have that as a seal on her forehead?"
Naruto: "I don't know."

Yawn. Proof that after the war, these so called "friends" don't give any crap about each other.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#6 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 11:19 PM

Yawn.

More of the " I didn't know the obvious stuff even when pointed out to me" cliche.

Yawn. Proof that after the war, these so called "friends" don't give any crap about each other.

That second one is actually incorrect.

"Salad brings up that the shape of karma -a diamond- is similar to the seal on Sakura's forehead. I guess people have pointed it out to them often enough they finally decided to bring it up themselves. Apparently Bolt so rarely sees Sakura he has to be reminded that she even has that seal on her forehead. Which again goes to show how close team seven families are...is only in Naruto's/the fanatical fans' head. Naruto then points out that Tsunade also has the same seal...so isn't Bolt supposed to be some sort of gifted genius? Nail tries to dismiss the similarities, but Cups finally doing something after about ten chapters is again just used for info dumps about how their is a lengthy history about that jutsu that is yet untold. I smell filler for the anime. Nail gives a speech about the dangers of Kara, and Bolt declares that they are brothers now."

Salad: Hey my mom has a seal on her forehead that looks similar to the karma seal on the two of yours hands. 

Boruto: Your mom has a seal on her forehead?

Naruto: Yeah. So does Tsunade *points to her statue*

Kawaki: Who cares.

Mitsuki:*goes on a tangent about the seal as a clear signal to use this as an excuse for the anime to do a filler arc about it.* (not like the ever going to get to the manga story line in the next three years at the rate the manga goes.)

The scene is about addressing the "questions" they been getting about why the karma seal looks like Tsunade/Sakura's forehead seal, and their answer is pretty much, "No, the karma seal is not the White Seal...in fact. When they anime reaches this point. They will do a filler arc going over the history of the White Seal to answer all your question about that one. Of course you will learn the secrets of the Karma seal in the manga (something to do with the ten tailed beast as shown in this chapter.)"  

What makes the sense mock-able is that in theory Bolt has known Sakura at the very least (if not also Tsunade) for his entire life -since he was friends with Salad since they were very little-, yet he doesn't remember that she has something on her forehead that looks very similar to the seal on his hand?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 June 2019 - 05:33 PM.

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 04:46 PM

Oh by the way turns out the Boruto SD is still on going. "Boruto: Saikyo Dash Generations (BORUTO-ボルト- SAIKYO DASH GENERATIONS) is written by Kenji Taira and has been serialized in Saikyō Jump since the March 2017 issue."

https://kacian12.com/sd

Here is a fan on tumbler that translated it...the Rock Lee one was better by far. From the looks of it if they are fully translating it. Its shorter then the Lee or even the Sasuke one, and by the looks of it relies more on wacky gross out humor than that humor based on the character quirks of the cast. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 12 June 2019 - 04:55 PM.

#8 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 10:42 PM

Well, obviously Naruto had the the better story and more amazing characters so it stands to reason that it would have the better SD series. EVERYTHING in the Boruto franchise by comparison reeks of "cash grab". The characters are not EVEN interesting enough to have personality quirks to make fun of 

Edited by Phantom_999, 26 June 2019 - 12:15 PM.

#9 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 05:13 AM

Does anyone know when ANN will do the next ranking for comics or how to find it on oricon?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 16 June 2019 - 05:33 AM.

#10 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:21 AM

Yawn.

kills me that both Naruto and Sakura-Chan seem to remember who Sasuke is, but don't remember who each other is. 

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#11 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:55 AM

kills me that both Naruto and Sakura-Chan seem to remember who Sasuke is, but don't remember who each other is. 

And then you either finally read the summary at the start of the topic or the comment below that one and realized; that it was Bolt that didn't remember Sakura had the seal on her forehead and not Naruto?

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 17 June 2019 - 04:59 AM.

#12 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 12:42 PM

While I'm not disputing the fact that it was Bolt and not Nardo that forgot about Sakura's forehead seal (I read the summary so don't worry about that), I still feel it is a very poorly thought out and cheap cop out ploy to give exposition to the seal at all, considering Sakura is Bolt's "aunt" by proxy of "childhood friend acquaintance. That DOES NOT give credibility to Bolt and Salad's informed relationship, now does it? And despite Nardo actually pointing out about Sakura's seal, the fact is not refuted that even with the lip service given about Nardo and Sakura being "closer than family", the story does not do JACK $%!& to showcase that super duper emotional intimacy between them. Not even in the filler episodes to the extent of my recollection and knowledge.    

Edited by Phantom_999, 17 June 2019 - 12:44 PM.

#13 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:43 PM

And then you either finally read the summary at the start of the topic or the comment below that one and realized; that it was Bolt that didn't remember Sakura had the seal on her forehead and not Naruto?

? What you talking about? I'm talking about how they are being portrayed as a whole. It is like they don't even remember each other existed. But they both know Sasuke exists. That's what I meant. I don't know what you talking about. Then again, I ain't been reading Boruto. So I don't know if they started to acknowledge each other again. 

S/N: This ain't the first time I noticed that you be directing these type of messages towards me... 

Edited by Illnevergiveup3, 18 June 2019 - 01:30 PM.

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#14 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:18 AM

Remember guys only Hinata matters to them nothing else, and nothing more.

Again I just want to see Naruto die or get his ass killed I dont care which one happens, but as I said if Hinata also kills her self because Narutos now dead well again I dont care.

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:31 PM

Well the VERY beginning of this dump fire HINTED At Naruto's death, which is either "who gives two flying effs at this point" of it is a copout just for shock value and "Nardo is actually alive". In any case, all the bull $#!*tery done in the mean time has not particularly kept many interested going by the sales numbers

Edited by Phantom_999, 01 July 2019 - 05:29 PM.

#16 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:49 PM

That second one is actually incorrect

I don't really care, Bail. At this point, the series asks stupid questions they should have known in the first place and yet they act all surprised like this is "new development." Hyperbole be damned, all it takes is one more chapter to get this "OMG, How was I supposed to know?" scene.

You might as well have Naruto be like
"OMG, how was I supposed to know how a father should actually be?"
Not like he didn't have father figures in his life or at least have an idea of how a father should act. I didn't have a father in my life and yet I know how I want to be to my kids.

Boruto is basically the epitome of hyperbole.

Should I remind people that when Sakura was supposedly looking for Sasuke while she was pregnant with Salad instead of going to Naruto who had a direct line to Sasuke she went to Karin because apparently she didn't want anyone to know she was pregnant...like not even Naruto knew Sakura was pregnant according to Gaiden.

Edited by James S Cassidy, 21 June 2019 - 12:54 PM.

My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users