198 replies to this topic

#21 Jake

Jake

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

Well I wasn't expecting this, I guess now we know why Shikaku was praised last chapter, kinda sad that Inoichi didn't get any praise but then again he hasn't been nothing more then a telephone this arc so...

As for the Jubi, this chapter just gives me more and more questions, the biggest in my mind right now is how come back in it's first appearance (via silhouette back in I think it was the Kage Summit arc) with the Sage of Six Paths it looked more like it did last chapter.

As for Sakura, I think that she will still get a chance to shine during this battle but I also think that all the Konoha 11 will have a chance to shine during this fight.

EDIT: removed spoiler tag

Edited by Jake, 12 December 2012 - 09:29 AM.

HampESig_zpsfc7d2080.jpg

#22 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

What happens if they kill the feudal lords?
Naruto became King?
SK-303_image007.jpg

#23 Gravenimage

Gravenimage

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,535 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:39 AM

It was a good chapter but I want to read the next. Looks like next week is the last chapter of year I think, wonder what will be the big cliffhanger.
Gravenimage

Lone Wolf of the Grave

#24 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

I think it's safe to say that Madara killed Kishi. Why else do you think that someone finally important dies in this war? This manga isn't Kishi's manga anymore, it's Madara's. Obito will be his assistant. I really am looking forward to seeing the direction Madara-sensei will be taking with his manga.

Edited by luffyq1, 12 December 2012 - 09:44 AM.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#25 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

It's safe to say this chapter was shocking to say the least. I really did not expect everyone on HQ to just be obliterated.

What got to me wasn't the fact that they died, it's how we immediately see the reactions of Shikamaru and Ino upon being told that their fathers were gonna die. Shikamaru's in a lot of pain, but it seems Ino is completely broken. I feel like she might shut down after this.

With two thirds of the older Ino-Shika-Cho dead I get the feeling that Chouza might be next. He might become a giant and pin the Juubi down for a moment so that he can buy the Alliance some time. If that were to happen maybe he could give some parting words to Chouji while also reminiscing about his time with Shikaku and Inoichi, finally saying how he'll go met them now.

I know we don't see much of Shikamaru's mom, but from those words Shikaku said about how a woman is gentle towards the guy she loves it's pretty telling that she loved her husband very much despite her bad attitude. I feel very bad for her since she's surely going to be completely devastated upon hearing her husband died. Imagine if there was only one man who could bring the best of you but then he dies, hard stuff. I just hope Shikamaru can always be there for her, and give her a nice grandchild with Temari, if the shiptease of last chapter is anything to go by.

If Chouza also dies I imagine Shikamaru, Ino, and Chouji being completely in pain but then looking at each other and realizing that even though they have lost people precious to them that they have to keep on fighting in order to honor their sacrifice.

Edited by redragon88, 12 December 2012 - 10:52 AM.

#26 Sakamaki Izayoi

Sakamaki Izayoi

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Dec 12 2012, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's safe to say this chapter was shocking to say the least. I really did not expect everyone on HQ to just be obliterated.

What got to me wasn't the fact that they died, it's how we immediately see the reactions of Shikamaru and Ino upon being told that their fathers were gonna die. Shikamaru's in a lot of pain, but it seems Ino is completely broken. I feel like she might shut down after this.

With two thirds of the older Ino-Shika-Cho dead I get the feeling that Chouza might be next. He might become a giant and pin the Juubi down for a moment so that he can buy the Alliance some time. If that were to happen maybe he could give some parting words to Chouji while also reminiscing about his time with Shikaku and Inoichi, finally saying how he'll go met them now.

I know we don't see much of Shikamaru's mom, but from those words Shikaku said about how a woman is gentle towards the guy she loves it's pretty telling that she loved her husband very much despite her bad attitude. I feel very bad for her since she's surely going to be completely devastated upon hearing her husband died. Imagine if there was only one man who could bring the best of you but then he dies, hard stuff. I just hope Shikamaru can always be there for her, and give her a nice grandchild with Temari, if the shiptease of last chapter is anything to go by.

If Chouza also dies I imagine Shikamaru, Ino, and Chouji being completely in pain but then looking at each other and realizing that even though they have lost people precious to them that they have to keep on fighting in order to honor their sacrifice.

I dont know i wont take their death serious because the kages could save them, and kishi didnt showed them dying we only see the explosion very afar.
SK-303_image007.jpg

#27 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 12 2012, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont know i wont take their death serious because the kages could save them, and kishi didnt showed them dying we only see the explosion very afar.

It would be epic if Gaara just shows up with a shield. But they already told us they're gonna die, and we're already saddened. I don't know if I would like a fake death or not.

--
I feel sorry for Chouza as well, he may have lost both of his teammates and bestfriends. D':
I hope Ibiki wasn't in the HQ, I like him, and I haven't seen him in a while. mellow.gif But it's not like him to be on the battlefield right?

ナルサク

#28 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:34 AM

I hope the recent events doesn't put Sakura in a coma. =|

It seems quite unfortunate that Shikaku and Inochi have to die, I would have loved to see more of them in the manga.
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#29 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 12 2012, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then again.. The size of that explosion.....

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#30 Nefertieh

Nefertieh

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Dec 12 2012, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What happens if they kill the feudal lords?
Naruto became King?

A feudal lord/daimyo work under the shogun, which isn't the same as the emperor (although it seems that the Naruto universe doesn't have an emperor). The emperor usually has the most power, but in some time periods (ie warring states period), the shogun are the actual rulers. If a feudal lord is killed, his hier or protege will replace him.
Follow the Yahoo JP ratings for The Last here.

#31 Codus N

Codus N

Highandnow

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,119 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Dec 12 2012, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with neoshadow that Team 10 is by far the most developed of the 11, besides Team 7. Not only that, the Ino-Shika-Cho now has a lot on their shoulders, besides Shikamaru and Ino taking over their fathers' positions in the war, they'll also have to immediately become clan heads at a very stressful time. In fact, they have it even tougher than Naruto now since they have to grow up so quickly (although that probably doesn't compare to Gaara & Temari. The former becoming leader of an entire village at an extremely young age, the latter becoming the village's head strategist at a fairly young age).

Chouza going down next is extremely likely now. This will close the 15th Ino-Shika-Cho chapter once and for all. I very much expect Chouza going berserk and all out next chapter. We might even see a "perfect" form of the Butterfly mode. I really hope Kishi gives him an awesome death like Jiraiya's.

Speaking of ShikaTema, I do wonder if we'll see her reaction to this. Last chapter may have built something up for her and Shikamaru. Who knows, this is probably where she shows her softer side.

248793.jpg

The family that couldn't be.

[post='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EItApJttbY']An Underrated Song Worth Listening[/post]

#32 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Nefertieh @ Dec 12 2012, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope the recent events doesn't put Sakura in a coma. =|

It seems quite unfortunate that Shikaku and Inochi have to die, I would have loved to see more of them in the manga.

I think that Naruto dislocating his shoulder is foreshadowing Sakura coming to aid him. At least I hope.

And as I said before I have the feeling that Chouza will follow along as the next casualty.

#33 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

If Chouza dies, I wonder how Chouji will react. Seeing as how he acted in their reunion with Asuma, and when his father almost died in the Pain arc. D:

And now, Ino and Shika are broken as well, maybe they won't be able to keep him in line. But I think he grew up a little since encounter with his sensei, I don't think there will be a Deja vu.

ナルサク

#34 alexander

alexander

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

Ugh, there is no shikaino love in this forum? I'm sad....

Now, on a serious not, I noticed that a brick seems to hit Sakura right in the head when they are blasted away, maybe she will get knocked uncouncious for the rest of the fight? For some reason I'm more inclined then ever to think that the alliance will be forced to an full retreat. I also wouldn't be surprised if Madara lost control of the beast, and it just rampages the land, with both sides wondering what to do next.

tumblr_noy9ox76Ku1rr9dcxo9_250.gif

#35 GlucoseGlutton

GlucoseGlutton

Professional Trash

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:SakuHina tbh

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

My babies!! Shika and Ino let me hug the pain away a_comfort.gif! And as every else has already said what the f*** Juubi?? Yo a*** just keeps on gettin' uglier and uglier. I don't see why some of you guys are getting so disappointed with Sakura's screen-time I mean at least she got some unlike Naruto's "true lub" sleep.gif .

Edited by SugarJunkE, 12 December 2012 - 12:20 PM.

tumblr_mvi3cfp7Sy1rb7h2eo3_500.jpg

#36 kidNinja

kidNinja

Ruining your life since 1992

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

Well it's about damn time for them to grow up anyway. It looks like there will indeed be a bunch of notable casualties after all.
NaruSaku...we believe in logic NOT fanfiction

Check out my story, Chain Reaction: Iron Revolution here

#37 Awes9

Awes9

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

It was a nice chapter for once it has been a long time since I felt some tension, it feels more like a war now. Pity for Shikaku I really liked him but at least he died like a man I don't really care about Ino's father tough.
I wonder what is shikaku's plan to deal with Juubi ?

#38 Strangelove

Strangelove

And guess what's inside it

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Oh Oh, I get the feeling Madara and Obito are going to loose control of the very beast they summoned.

Edit: He...He just killed Shikamaru's and Ino's dad...that...that insane bastard.

Edited by Strangelove, 12 December 2012 - 01:01 PM.

tumblr_mo8pka1E1T1qflb4co1_500.gif

#39 Chucky-kun

Chucky-kun

Elite Teacher

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Kishimoto is going to do something with Sakura, otherwise he wouldn't just put in a panel that clearly shows her and only her being smacked unconscious potentially by debris

c1a2d1a877.jpg

#40 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (Chucky-kun @ Dec 12 2012, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishimoto is going to do something with Sakura, otherwise he wouldn't just put in a panel that clearly shows her and only her being smacked unconscious potentially by debris

Not to be rude, but Sakura wasn't the only one there...there was the guy she was healing.. but yeah, the rest were just canon fodder. sweatdrop.gif I hope we see more Sakura-chan! arg.gif

And I'm glad that Hinata had a short showing... fu.png but I'm not bashing her for it or anything...I hope that when Kishi DOES give her some focus, there is focus on her TEAM, not her love life.... facepalm.png cuse you know....Kiba and Shino are cool... a_thumbs.gif

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users