#21 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:19 AM

ac4328ce1b39f163d0ec45186df033f5.png

this is one pic of a younger jiraiya and he still looks quite different than clone jiraiya

Ikemoto can't draw in kishimoto's style with out kishimoto watching him like a hawk. In universe, he wore a mask to cover his face -some reason still has the eye liner-, and change his hair style.

I know what you mean, but in essence, it's the same thing.

All were used to power up your base stats.

What you speak are mechanics. I get that, I totally do.

But it still feels a cheap way out to bring something new and flashy in sight because you got lazy to think how what you already had could be used.

Remember how Sage Mode/natural energy used to be the thing against Gods?

What happened to that? 

What, scared that you forgot about Shikkotsurin and might have people wonder, and  you get no answer to that cuz yer lazy brain doesn't think about it?

Like take Sasuke's speech about his Sharingan not being able to follow him.

Know who else his sharingan wasn't able to follow? B.

Know who already was faster than B with Kurama's chakra so no new mode was necessary?

Yeah, Naruto.

Then add natural energy to that Kurama chakra. In essence it can do what this Barygon or whatever mode can do.

Which is totally pointless. TOTALLY.

Even though I am not into this series and I could care less about Naruto, at least they should've found a smarter way to kill him.

This is so cheap, so so so cheap, I cannot even begin to explain.

No, what I speak of is dramatic tension by introducing a life sacrificing power to try to capture the reader's interest and a cheap justification through a semantic with mechanics to justify its introduction.

This was the manga going, Kurama: "Naruto, we need to boost sales of the manga. So it is time to finally reveal SUPER! FINAL FORM X!!!"

Also, it's not that they have forgotten either sage mode or Cloak mode...Wait, you probably haven't been reading the manga, right? Naruto, in Boruto, when he is fighting is always in cloak mode; outside of sparing. He activates it as soon as he enters combat. It happens so often I often forget to even add it into my summaries. As for sage mode, he may not have been using it, he may have been using it. If you were to bring it up to kishi; he would say Naruto was using sage mode (but that is likely an after the fact correction).

So, Naruto was already using those "two" modes. They weren't working. So, Kurama went into his last resort. Suicide Nuke Form.

The true point is that this final form, Naruto final battle, and kishi coming back is suppose to be drawing interest so people watch/read Boruto again.

Now, look at the cover page. Does it cool to you? Does it look impressive? Does it make you want to read this manga? "Yes," is what in theory this form should be doing for anyone. But. You all should know my answers at least. I thought it look awful last chapter and burst out laughing when I saw it in color.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 22 November 2020 - 03:26 AM.

#22 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:04 AM

Not that hard tho'... takes a little interest.

For example I'm building my own AU and having Kaguya return with all power-ups possible and still found a way out.

With god route and all. 

But eeh... what do I know?

I mean, what is legit way to die in Naruto? If you can't be permanently sealed away by Death God himself, you can be resurected by Edo Tensei with any of your DNA remaining, damn you can even revert that Edo Tensei and become trully alive, person with Rinnengan can resurect you. It's easier to get back to life, than permanently die in Naruto. You know, closest to death Naruto was when certain person that is totally not a main heroine of original manga was pumping his heart manualy while performing CPR, like a real combat medic she was, not running and tripping over rock on the ground as "TRUE HEROINE KUNOICHI" other person claimed by author to be main heroine. But than Naruto became "the Chosen one" so eeeeeeeeh, yeah, hard way to end life in Naruto, lmao.

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 22 November 2020 - 06:36 AM.

#23 Illnevergiveup3

Illnevergiveup3

My Brittney-Chan. The girl I love with all my heart and always w

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts
  • Interests:winning the girl I love heart, making it to the NBA and taking care of my family.

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:31 AM

Not to mention, he has the ultimate revival option of all. Sakura-Chan's tears dripping on his face will definitely bring him back from the dead. But her kissing him would be the ultimate of the ultimate. This would be my preferred choice of him being revived obviously. =D

Superman_over_earth_500x400.jpg

I wish I could have the powers of Superman so I could save protect the world under God's will.

Always have the spirit and the guts to never ever give up no matter what.

#24 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:35 AM

Not to mention, he has the ultimate revival option of all. Sakura-Chan's tears dripping on his face will definitely bring him back from the dead. But her kissing him would be the ultimate of the ultimate. This would be my preferred choice of him being revived obviously. =D

Oh right, that Chiyo technique that she reviewed Gaara with, another one.

#25 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:06 PM

I wonder if all the tail beasts have the new mode or just the nine tails

#26 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:11 PM

Ikemoto can't draw in kishimoto's style with out kishimoto watching him like a hawk. In universe, he wore a mask to cover his face -some reason still has the eye liner-, and change his hair style.

No, what I speak of is dramatic tension by introducing a life sacrificing power to try to capture the reader's interest and a cheap justification through a semantic with mechanics to justify its introduction.

This was the manga going, Kurama: "Naruto, we need to boost sales of the manga. So it is time to finally reveal SUPER! FINAL FORM X!!!"

Also, it's not that they have forgotten either sage mode or Cloak mode...Wait, you probably haven't been reading the manga, right? Naruto, in Boruto, when he is fighting is always in cloak mode; outside of sparing. He activates it as soon as he enters combat. It happens so often I often forget to even add it into my summaries. As for sage mode, he may not have been using it, he may have been using it. If you were to bring it up to kishi; he would say Naruto was using sage mode (but that is likely an after the fact correction).

So, Naruto was already using those "two" modes. They weren't working. So, Kurama went into his last resort. Suicide Nuke Form.

The true point is that this final form, Naruto final battle, and kishi coming back is suppose to be drawing interest so people watch/read Boruto again.

Now, look at the cover page. Does it cool to you? Does it look impressive? Does it make you want to read this manga? "Yes," is what in theory this form should be doing for anyone. But. You all should know my answers at least. I thought it look awful last chapter and burst out laughing when I saw it in color.

Well on the subject, You are keeping by your promise of spoiler tagging that Naruto dies, when he dies right?

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#27 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:44 PM

I know what you mean and once again, I totally get it.

Still find it SUPER FINAL FORM OF CHEAP WAY OUT lol. 

And no, I don't like the cover at all either. It doesn't inspire any feelings to me. Not even WOW THIS IS SO COOL kind of thing.

For me it has to be something that makes me go AHA from an intellectual POV. Challenge my mind dude. Make my jaw drop. This thing doesn't.

I mean, what is legit way to die in Naruto? If you can't be permanently sealed away by Death God himself, you can be resurected by Edo Tensei with any of your DNA remaining, damn you can even revert that Edo Tensei and become trully alive, person with Rinnengan can resurect you. It's easier to get back to life, than permanently die in Naruto. You know, closest to death Naruto was when certain person that is totally not a main heroine of original manga was pumping his heart manualy while performing CPR, like a real combat medic she was, not running and tripping over rock on the ground as "TRUE HEROINE KUNOICHI" other person claimed by author to be main heroine. But than Naruto became "the Chosen one" so eeeeeeeeh, yeah, hard way to end life in Naruto, lmao.

Even Death Demon Consuming seal is way cooler. And it evokes even more feeling than this new form.

Yeah but see, that's the thing. All of those are thought out ways in which you cannot kill someone. Think about if you could bring something that nullifies all those things?

Because after all, all of them have a drawback. It doesn't just revive you that easily, there's a cost to it.

So if we already as an audience know this, imagine if some well thought writing is put into it, a form that ends your life in a way that you cannot bring that person back.

Because in this case, whose to say that one cannot Edo Tensei back Naruto? Thus the death is rendered pointless.

Who's to say that Sasuke cannot revive him with Rinne Tensei? Then again, death rendered pointless.

That's what I mean. Find a way, a truly effin great way and put him in real danger, one that not even the greatest jutsus known to shinobi kin can bring him back to life.

Now THAT'S something I would've loved to see.

But like I said on my Twitter, maybe I'm too pretentious...

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#28 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:51 PM

Well on the subject, You are keeping by your promise of spoiler tagging that Naruto dies, when he dies right?

Did I make that promise? i always said I would inform everyone when Naruto died so they stop asking, "is he dead yet?" Like making the title of the topic Naruto dies this chapter, or something along that line. Then again I just woke up and that may be what you mean.

I know what you mean and once again, I totally get it.

Still find it SUPER FINAL FORM OF CHEAP WAY OUT lol. 

And no, I don't like the cover at all either. It doesn't inspire any feelings to me. Not even WOW THIS IS SO COOL kind of thing.

For me it has to be something that makes me go AHA from an intellectual POV. Challenge my mind dude. Make my jaw drop. This thing doesn't.

Just making sure you understand that a) they were already using those two (or at least one) other modes and they claimed they weren't working so 'last resort mode', b) that this suppose to impress raise readers interest and make it more dramatic and c) failing at that.

You know no one brought up the eight gates yet as an example of already doing this burning through reverse crap, and did it better.

#29 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:54 PM

Yeah that's what I was referring to. Promise wasn't the right word for it, admittedly. 

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#30 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:39 PM

Christ. I forgotten to look at the Boruto anime for awhile now. They are at 175 episodes...and almost all of it is filler, and they still haven't gotten to introducing Nail.

#31 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 06:50 PM

Even Death Demon Consuming seal is way cooler. And it evokes even more feeling than this new form.

Yeah but see, that's the thing. All of those are thought out ways in which you cannot kill someone. Think about if you could bring something that nullifies all those things?

Because after all, all of them have a drawback. It doesn't just revive you that easily, there's a cost to it.

So if we already as an audience know this, imagine if some well thought writing is put into it, a form that ends your life in a way that you cannot bring that person back.

Because in this case, whose to say that one cannot Edo Tensei back Naruto? Thus the death is rendered pointless.

Who's to say that Sasuke cannot revive him with Rinne Tensei? Then again, death rendered pointless.

That's what I mean. Find a way, a truly effin great way and put him in real danger, one that not even the greatest jutsus known to shinobi kin can bring him back to life.

Now THAT'S something I would've loved to see.

But like I said on my Twitter, maybe I'm too pretentious...

Nah, that takes some planning to do, to create a scenario where no going back is possible, for Kishimoto it's not an option, ofcouse he can go with Jiraiya treatment where body was "lost" (only for some clone of him to pop up in sequel, lol), or Naruto's own dying wish "don't ressurect me, I'm to old for this kitten" kind of speach.

Yet againg another weird thing is that prophency about him being "the one" just dissapears once he got an offspring? So no more holy grace for Nardo? I guess.

You know no one brought up the eight gates yet as an example of already doing this burning through reverse crap, and did it better.

Well, in some meaning it did kill Guy, as a character.

Edited by NarutoUzumaki01, 22 November 2020 - 06:53 PM.

#32 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:43 PM

The problem with the edo tensei to resurrection is that it required the rinnegan having that resurrection power. Sasuke never shown anything other then that transportation/switching places power.

There is also Chiyo's revival power but that takes up another life force to pull off, and if she ever pass down the jutsu so someone else could use it.

When Naruto dies he will remain dead because that will be the most dramatic way to go. Like with Jiraiya.

#33 NarutoUzumaki01

NarutoUzumaki01

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,431 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:38 PM

The problem with the edo tensei to resurrection is that it required the rinnegan having that resurrection power. Sasuke never shown anything other then that transportation/switching places power.

There is also Chiyo's revival power but that takes up another life force to pull off, and if she ever pass down the jutsu so someone else could use it.

When Naruto dies he will remain dead because that will be the most dramatic way to go. Like with Jiraiya.

Sauce has highest form or rinnegan it will create pink unicors if needed for story.

#34 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:22 AM

I think we all know that Naruto is nothing more than a joke right now, but how is it that people keep reading this pile of BS.

I dont count the FanFictions that NS fans are doing as we are keeping what Naruto was really about in the end, true we added that Naruto gets with Sakura in our stories better than the other way.

#35 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 01:30 AM

I found out why kishimoto was put back on the manga. The previous writer Kodaichi was rude to his coworker and they fired him. Don't know exact details.

#36 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:40 PM

Oh wow. It really does look like Naruto is going to kick the bucket. There's no coming back from this. I wonder if it'll be confirmed next chapter. Thanks Bail for your work, I commend you for keeping up to date with this.

I'm surprised Boruto is a monthly manga...I don't know why but I assumed it was weekly. How do you provide mediocre weekly quality for a monthly edition? I've been reading up on the summaries and this series is way worse than I thought. There must be a lot of people who haven't bothered with the original series (new folks) because it's so different. Different in a bad way obviously.

I'm assuming that's the case for now. They might pull back and have Naruto live. Though by this point if they do, they can't really try again.

Bolt has the possession thing going on next chapter so I would say two to three chapter from now.

So, you've been completely out of the loop since that was announced early on. Low effort. Anyways Kishimoto early on decided the sequel was going to be monthly, this is before he able to get people to replace him. They thought it was a good idea because Dragonball Super worked despite the fact that because both anime and manga were told the plot and allowed to go at their own pace instead of Boruto's manga is the story but it moves so slow that it has had pretty much 175 episodes and almost all of them be filler as they wait for the manga to finish it arc. That had been going on since chapter 16.

The big problem with the manga is that it moves so slow. it took ten chapters/months copying a movie it audience already saw. 5 more chapters on what is often the second chapter of a shounen manga where the hero bond with someone to show more depth beyond just the intro chapter. And now it had been from 16 till now been in a continuous on going arc that doesn't give the anime breaks to add filer. most of it just been introducing Nail because he the new groups character. Story wise its generic.

People aren't reading this. It lives on because it has an anime. it mainly has old loyalist that read it but the only time they mention it is that they dropped it because it was too boring.

#37 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:49 AM

Yep, definitely out of the loop with Boruto. I just cannot with this series, let alone it's next generation. I was here when the ending happened and when the immediate stuff after happened (TL), but as far as Boruto goes I said hell no. Thank goodness because it looks like a hot mess. It definitely is boring and has no inkling of the charm/emotion that the original series had.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch that he will die. If he does somehow survives, he'll probably be crippled. I really can't see him recovering from this, but I suppose we shall see.

175 episodes yet they haven't made much progress with the actual material? Yikes. At least SP can do what it does best, shi**y filler.

They did Kishimoto's Salad gaiden around 20, the Boruto movie around 50, and stalled since then. Oh they did the richie rich arc at some point. I think they had a opening with Nail in it and a few of the fillers recently used Kara.

He likely to and I expect him to, but you never know with bad writing.

#38 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 25 November 2020 - 04:44 AM

As far as Sarada Gaiden is concerned adaptation wise they covered it from episode 17 to 24.

The Movie content is from episode 53 to episode 66. 

The Mujina Bandits Arc is 141 to 151 (that one had a bit more build up into the mission itself from what I've been told) 

Something to take into account is that the anime and the manga do connect with one another even pertaining the original material. The entire school trip arc to the mist village in the anime was made reference when boruto and sarada, and mitsuki go to see the scientist where I think Sumire (the class rep) makes her debut in the manga. 

I believe that's how things were set up when the idea of the anime and the manga for Boruto came about like they would take different paths, but they would all converge to single point. It was mentioned somewhere in an interview, but that's the gist of what I remember. 

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#39 Chatte

Chatte

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 11:59 AM

Oh yeah, I remember at some point as well that there was this discussion manga vs anime what's canon and what's not. So then there was an interview with Ikemoto and someone at SP, if I remember correctly, about how they are connected to one another.

I remember this came after a backlash concerning the fact that anime Naruto wasn't canon because they changed so much the main story of Naruto so who's to say that Boruto won't be the same?

So then representatives of both parties were brought together to confirm that anime and manga are related.

I think it was a strategy move though, so that what happened to Naruto won't happen here as well.

A way to keep both afloat and make sure they're relevant. 

2d617bda57e68a9871d0769988a82b4b93870803

Still rambling about Naruto/NaruSaku stuff on

https://chatte-georgiana.com

#40 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:43 PM

Oh yeah, I remember at some point as well that there was this discussion manga vs anime what's canon and what's not. So then there was an interview with Ikemoto and someone at SP, if I remember correctly, about how they are connected to one another.

I remember this came after a backlash concerning the fact that anime Naruto wasn't canon because they changed so much the main story of Naruto so who's to say that Boruto won't be the same?

So then representatives of both parties were brought together to confirm that anime and manga are related.

I think it was a strategy move though, so that what happened to Naruto won't happen here as well.

A way to keep both afloat and make sure they're relevant. 

SP wants to be canon. They don't like the fact that their glorious hinata scenes in Naruto are considered non-canon and they especially don't like the fact that people consider their Boruto work non-canon.

The interview was after the first arc where the anime gave Boruto a new eye power. If you look at the first scene in the manga (the flash forward) Bolt's right eye has a kakashi-like scar and a byakugan. Now you can guess what this means, but the anime decided to give him a new eye power for the first arc of the anime. That went against what the manga was vaguely planning. SP had a fit. And there you go.

The anime is ultimately just doing filler (that they're considered canon; though the audience doesn't) while they wait for the manga to finally wrap up their damn arc. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 26 November 2020 - 10:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users