Heaven & Earth: A New Direction

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 01 February 2015 - 06:52 PM

I've been hearing some people asking about where H&E is headed, now that the manga is finished.  The ending took everyone by surprise, to say the least, and it's still an extremely controversial topic for the entire Naruto fandom.

First of all, I would like to say that Heaven & Earth will always remain as a NaruSaku shipping site!

H&E was created by passionate NaruSaku fans, and it has always had a strong NS community that has posted lots of great topics, fanarts and fanfics!  I know that some of us still care very much about Naruto and Sakura, and we still care about the Naruto characters and story before the whole New Era storm hit.  We've built up a really strong identity as a fandom here, and we risk losing that if we change.

So, that is why H&E will not switch to shipping any other pairings or fandoms.  There are - or will be - other websites and communities that focus on those, both from Naruto and the New Era.  :happy:

I would like to plan a new direction for H&E; a focus on fanworks and the community!  It would be great to have a new positive direction that everyone can enjoy, no matter what happens with the official Naruto and New Era franchise.  :happy:  That way, we can continue to enjoy talking and posting new stuff!

If you'd all like to see H&E putting out lots of new content for you all to enjoy, you can help with ideas and feedback!  Please post what you would like to see from H&E, such as ideas for contests and challenges, new topics, new forums and so on!  Two ideas I can think of would be drabble challenges and a possible Alternative Endings forum.

Thanks for reading, and I'd really like to hear your thoughts.  :smile:

#2 Princess Iris

Princess Iris

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,427 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:23 PM

This is really good thought

#3 Broken Figurine

Broken Figurine

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:57 AM

A large focus for the fandom as it came toward the end of Naruto was chapters, analysis, and arguing for the 'endgame'. Maybe now that things are the way they are, we can put down our defences and just enjoy the pairing for what it is. We will always have our moments, and we've been making our own 'endings' and alternative universes before the end of Naruto was in sight. This changes nothing. We don't love the pairing because it was going to be canon (or so we rightfully thought) but because we liked the characters together. 

Right now I feel that my muse for Naruto is gone, but given some time to recover I already feel that it's coming back. For me, it's actually in the form of roleplaying that helps me really get my fandom muse going. I would love to see something in the roleplay part of the board that can sort of help fellow Naruto and roleplaying fans come together. Maybe like a Naruto roleplay advertisement board? Say if I was interested in roleplaying as Naruto and was looking for a Sakura and wanted to explore after the ending, or heck even and alternate universe. It'd extend to one on one searches and looking for group roleplays on the site.

#4 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

I love the idea of an alternative endings forum. I know there are several people, myself included, working on projects. So that would be a great thread.

Another is the founding of a new H&E fanfic community, where we are actively recommending quality NS fanfics. We had one years ago, but the staff the supported it has fallen away. I think with the massive influx of NS fanfics, it's a good time to make H&E's Ultimate NS Fanfic List! 

And along those lines, I would love to see more reviews in the fanfic list on this site. There are so many new ones, and I just don't have time to read them all. So I feel like I'm missing stories that I might enjoy and might inspire me to write more. So that's something I'd like to see get bumped up as time goes on — that our site becomes more integrated with fanfics, fanarts and alternative ending projects, as well as the steady discussion threads.

#5 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

A large focus for the fandom as it came toward the end of Naruto was chapters, analysis, and arguing for the 'endgame'. Maybe now that things are the way they are, we can put down our defences and just enjoy the pairing for what it is. We will always have our moments, and we've been making our own 'endings' and alternative universes before the end of Naruto was in sight. This changes nothing. We don't love the pairing because it was going to be canon (or so we rightfully thought) but because we liked the characters together

Right now I feel that my muse for Naruto is gone, but given some time to recover I already feel that it's coming back. For me, it's actually in the form of roleplaying that helps me really get my fandom muse going. I would love to see something in the roleplay part of the board that can sort of help fellow Naruto and roleplaying fans come together. Maybe like a Naruto roleplay advertisement board? Say if I was interested in roleplaying as Naruto and was looking for a Sakura and wanted to explore after the ending, or heck even and alternate universe. It'd extend to one on one searches and looking for group roleplays on the site.

This.  The bolded perfectly sums up how I feel as well!  I really love NaruSaku because of its characters, its story and its dynamic.

Hmm, RP is an interesting idea, perhaps we could try a trial forum for it if enough people express an interest?

Like you, my creativity took a hit when that ending came out, but now it's recovering.  I hope we get to see more writing from you.  :happy:

I love the idea of an alternative endings forum. I know there are several people, myself included, working on projects. So that would be a great thread.

Another is the founding of a new H&E fanfic community, where we are actively recommending quality NS fanfics. We had one years ago, but the staff the supported it has fallen away. I think with the massive influx of NS fanfics, it's a good time to make H&E's Ultimate NS Fanfic List! 

And along those lines, I would love to see more reviews in the fanfic list on this site. There are so many new ones, and I just don't have time to read them all. So I feel like I'm missing stories that I might enjoy and might inspire me to write more. So that's something I'd like to see get bumped up as time goes on — that our site becomes more integrated with fanfics, fanarts and alternative ending projects, as well as the steady discussion threads.

We can try out the AE (alternative endings) forum, if we can figure out how the whole thing will work.  :happy:   Would it simply be posting fanfics/art/doujins, or would we also include discussion topics?

I'd love to help support a new fanfic community with links at the top of the board and threads for it.  :smile:   Would it be hosted here, or are you thinking of listings/communities on other websites?

I think reviews are a great idea!  I have little time to read fanfics as well, because of my busy work and personal life, and I don't always have time to browse through long fics.  We could try a dedicated subforum for fanfic reviews in the Coffee Shop?

Keep the ideas coming, everyone!  :D

#6 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:24 PM

I got an idea:

What about make a topic of one special author from out or in of H&E of fanfics and fanarts  or maybe laps, theories of NS. For example  we invite that author to stay one month or one week, then let's make him/her  interviews and of course the member can ask  questions. If he/she wants to  they can share their art.

Edited by Liu bie, 03 February 2015 - 06:24 PM.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#7 Drivenbyflame

Drivenbyflame

永遠の魔法

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:43 PM

^

That would be pretty interesting.

#8 Lid

Lid

Notorious

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Movies, sports and anime/manga.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:34 AM

I vote that we change the name of the site to AffairShip.com  :lulz:

Just kidding.

I think the best thing to do from the Naruto angle is what has already been brought up. Focus on the fanwork community and continue to allow interpretation for the current manga and upcoming Part 3.  I still can't believe that's actually happening but whatever.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#9 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:08 PM

I got an idea:

What about make a topic of one special author from out or in of H&E of fanfics and fanarts  or maybe laps, theories of NS. For example  we invite that author to stay one month or one week, then let's make him/her  interviews and of course the member can ask  questions. If he/she wants to  they can share their art.

So you're proposing interviews with members asking questions?  A month is kinda long, but maybe we can try a week or weekend depending on if we find willing NS artists/writers/bloggers/theorists who are happy to take time out to chat.  :smile:

I know we have a few here, so any volunteers?  :lol:

I vote that we change the name of the site to AffairShip.com  :lulz:

Just kidding.

I think the best thing to do from the Naruto angle is what has already been brought up. Focus on the fanwork community and continue to allow interpretation for the current manga and upcoming Part 3.  I still can't believe that's actually happening but whatever.

No to the name change.  :P

Yeah, people will still want to talk about the latest from the New Era train wreck, and that's perfectly fine.  :happy:   We'll just try to focus our official announcements and updates on fanworks and the community so we can keep a positive vibe around the place.  Yeah, still can't believe Kishimoto threw 15 years of story/character development out of the window, but let's ignore him and his shoddy excuses.

I'll be busy with my job until Friday, and hopefully we can get started on overhauling the place.  :smile:   Please keep the ideas coming!

#10 Liu bie

Liu bie

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:34 PM

So you're proposing interviews with members asking questions?  A month is kinda long, but maybe we can try a week or weekend depending on if we find willing NS artists/writers/bloggers/theorists who are happy to take time out to chat.  :smile:

I know we have a few here, so any volunteers?  :lol:

No to the name change.  :P

Yeah, people will still want to talk about the latest from the New Era train wreck, and that's perfectly fine.  :happy:   We'll just try to focus our official announcements and updates on fanworks and the community so we can keep a positive vibe around the place.  Yeah, still can't believe Kishimoto threw 15 years of story/character development out of the window, but let's ignore him and his shoddy excuses.

I'll be busy with my job until Friday, and hopefully we can get started on overhauling the place.  :smile:   Please keep the ideas coming!

Let's  say  I  am not capable to do that I just gave the  idea, I know there are bigger people in this forum than me that could the interview, sorry Mr Smitter failed in that aspect.

tumblr_pjk2ly8zId1s1sw7fo5_400.gif

Saintia Sho   :argh: The Gold Saints

#11 Narusaku_ANBU19

Narusaku_ANBU19

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:05 AM

Can someone spread the idea of changing the Ending more of Naruto as well as Changing Naruto Gaiden Manga into Narusaku Fanfics. 

I made this community on Fanfiction.net 

https://www.fanficti...-Gaiden/120258/

Edited by Narusaku_ANBU19, 30 May 2015 - 02:06 AM.

#12 Nar123

Nar123

The Phantom

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,624 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

Can someone spread the idea of changing the Ending more of Naruto as well as Changing Naruto Gaiden Manga into Narusaku Fanfics. 

I made this community on Fanfiction.net 

https://www.fanficti...-Gaiden/120258/

Nice, you should make an announcement on the fanfic listing page, a lot of people here made their own fics of what happened in the ending and after it,  things like that

tumblr_obno1yoNj11suy1fso1_540.gif

:eager:  Persona 5 hype     :eager:

#13 senni

senni

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

where can i read all the fanfics of ns complete ones

#14 Brilliant Light

Brilliant Light

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:36 AM

That would be great

#15 racerxdsr

racerxdsr

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:54 AM

Suggestion for the Fanfic portion.

I know people post challenges and what not for stories, but open a thread for collaborations.  I have tons of ideas just not the skills to write.  I can get an idea for plot and even most of the story outlined, its just filling the "meat" of the pages is my problem. You can have everyone chip in and get multiple ideas combined and create stories from the efforts of many members of H&E.

Just a thought.

#16 ultranx

ultranx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,884 posts
  • Interests:DBZ, naruto, pokemon, digimon, one piece, megaman, sonic, legend of zelda, yugioh,gurren lagann, transformers, kingdom hearts, yuyu hakusho, sword art online, tmnt, gundam.

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:32 PM

I've been hearing some people asking about where H&E is headed, now that the manga is finished.  The ending took everyone by surprise, to say the least, and it's still an extremely controversial topic for the entire Naruto fandom.

First of all, I would like to say that Heaven & Earth will always remain as a NaruSaku shipping site!

H&E was created by passionate NaruSaku fans, and it has always had a strong NS community that has posted lots of great topics, fanarts and fanfics!  I know that some of us still care very much about Naruto and Sakura, and we still care about the Naruto characters and story before the whole New Era storm hit.  We've built up a really strong identity as a fandom here, and we risk losing that if we change.

So, that is why H&E will not switch to shipping any other pairings or fandoms.  There are - or will be - other websites and communities that focus on those, both from Naruto and the New Era.  :happy:

I would like to plan a new direction for H&E; a focus on fanworks and the community!  It would be great to have a new positive direction that everyone can enjoy, no matter what happens with the official Naruto and New Era franchise.  :happy:  That way, we can continue to enjoy talking and posting new stuff!

If you'd all like to see H&E putting out lots of new content for you all to enjoy, you can help with ideas and feedback!  Please post what you would like to see from H&E, such as ideas for contests and challenges, new topics, new forums and so on!  Two ideas I can think of would be drabble challenges and a possible Alternative Endings forum.

Thanks for reading, and I'd really like to hear your thoughts.  :smile:

I like this idea, I've been taking a break from the forum since the ending and all the spinoff manga stuff calmed down, been keeping my mind off naruto stuff, but I'd love to see the forum turn out this way, it'd make it more fun and get people's minds off the "canon"(more like a pile of poop) ending possibly ^_^

tumblr_mba4mg4Ip61ryf7dio1_r1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users