#1 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 05:30 PM

So let us see why Hinata slapped Nail.

Summary Time: Chapter 77. Time Drawing Near...they are really pushing that the time skip is happening soon. How badly are they breathing down Ikemoto's neck?

Cover page is Nail looking like a douche with his karma seal activated.

From where we last left off. Nail is demanding femmy to show himself. Since, he quickly figured out that he was still active in Bolt with just a hint or two. The ruckus draws Salad's and the Clone's attention. His rough handling of Bolt has the clone remembers him admitting to killing Bolt. Shikamaru his still in mental contact with them and tells him to stop. Guilting him with Naruto's reaction to Bolt's death. This gets Nail to back off, walks out of the room, and leaves in such a hissy fit he does that cloaking his chakra signature so they can't keep track of him again. Normally, when you have a character you can't track by your usual means, you try to find another way to track him. Like scent or placing something on him like a bug he won't notice. Of course because they are Kishimoto's characters they are all too stupid to think of anything like that, and even if they did. It would instantly fail as all Ikemoto's characters are smarter than the world smartest man as a base line of intelligence. Apparently, he so wanted to be on his own he also shrinked himself with his shinjutsu powers. So they spent time trying to figure out how they can find him...while the art gets worse and worse. Hime gets bored and decides to wander off since Nail isn't around. Bolt point out she is not suppose to do that, she says he can't stop her, and Shikamaru says to let her do what she wants. He has the clone and salad stay with her while the others look for Nail.

Its the old guy that Punk brought with him drinking because he is bored watching Punk's nudist force. Punk says there are a 1000 of these things. He considers launching an attack on the village with them but can't due to Hime.

Oh and Shikamaru is informed by Hime... my guess to give him something so she could go shopping. Oh he named them "Claw Grime." God the try hard edginess. The conversation is interrupted by the joke that the lady running the clothes store is gushing over her. The Clone and Salad despite being immune to her charm powers says, she is beautiful in anything she wears... again she is Ikemoto's type. Bolt and Moe tag along for some reason...Oh God No. Moe see Hinata's daughter and instantly falls in love with her. I'm pretty sure many people were making that prediction. This story is incredibly by the number and easier to predict the story than even Naruto; when its not throwing curve balls to keep itself interesting. 

Now at Naruto's house. Naruto is helping Hinata set the plates for Dinner...to set up the Hinata moment. No wonder Ikemoto tries to avoid drawing her, she looks awful in every panel. Hinata is sad that Nail and Bolt won't be able to join them due to their mission. Naruto says they will be busy for a while dealing with problem children, right as Nail appears right behind him. Naruto asks why he is here instead at the villa where his mission is. Nail wants to talk with Naruto. He starts with saying how grateful he is to Naruto taking him in to the point he is willing to die if that's what is needed to repay him. The way he decides to repay Naruto is to kill all the Otsutsuki. He is informing Naruto this to follow proper procedure. Hinata is confused at what is going on. Then Nail admits that his first thought after Bolt was brought back wasn't, "thank god he is alive," but "damn, I likely failed to kill femmy."  He feels bad for messing up, but the next time he will get it right. This causes Hinata to slap him. She says, "no decent human being would think that way"...aren't all you ninja taught from birth to be weapons? This should be standard line of thought in their society. Oh no, I failed in my mission, I feel great shame and want to try again to redeem myself. Even if that mission is killing someone I care about. He admits he is not right in the head. Who would, when they plan on killing someone they consider like a brother...you know, he hasn't informed them that Femmy is still active in Bolt. At best, he implied it. Probably more important and make him sound less insane. Than him admitting he is planning on killing Bolt again. Naruto says he won't let him kill Bolt, again. So, he uses his power to seal Naruto and Hinata away so he can kill Bolt. Of course he does this without any difficulty.

As someone that has had to read this story for over 6 years. This feels rushed. It feels like Ikemoto was given a serious warning. Something like, "if you don't hit the time skip by the end of the year we are canceling your manga." Of course he is not used to actually writing a chapter where events of the story happen. So it is a rush mess. This feels like what would take 2 years, at least, for the story to reach this point at its usual pace, crammed in a single chapter. While its good for the story to finally be moving along. Its now rushing too fast and the scenes have no impact...granted before it was so slow nothing had any impact because you stopped caring by the time the story finally got on with it.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 27 January 2023 - 07:27 PM.

#2 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 06:02 PM

Super Chapter 89. 

Trunks is trying to figure out what is on the disk...its cell but Trunks doesn't know this. He tries to use his mother's laptop but the disk has a virus. His sister Bra fixes the computer, clearly taking after her mother. Bulma is forcing Mai to attend school. Trunks acts very possessive over Mai. Also there is another transfer student named Baytah...Beta? He is clearly someone suspicious since he is able to beat Trunks at basket ball. Mai is instantly suspicious of him once she sees that. He is an android made by Hedo sent to investigate in order to find his disk. Hedo ask his zombie androids if Trunks is the guy but they don't recognize him as the guy, as he had blond hair when he was fighting them. Hedo still think it is likely him so he orders Beta to keep an eye on him. Antics happen.

Eventually while watching Trunks, Goten shows off his strength. This convinces Hedo that it was Goten. He order Beta to attack and he reveal his super hero outfit, which Goten thinks is cringe. Eventually, Trunks goes off to transform in Saiyaman X. Hedo is impressed by Trunks. Eventually Mai is knocked down and shows she has the disks. Trunks saves Mai and she is reminded of the hot trunks from the future she has a crush on. She does not put two and two together, but she fall for Saiyaman X. Hedo realizes his targets while also gushes about the Saiyaman X outfits 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 January 2023 - 03:22 AM.

#3 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 06:26 PM

I'll say this about the Hinata scene. It still feels like they had it for the sake of giving her a scene. It still somewhat understandable she is upset and slaps him. Of course. I thought she had discovered him killing her son. Instead she learns of this, hears he has a twisted sense of remorse more him not staying dead than the act, and plans on doing it again.

However, she has been so uninvolved in the story. Its more, yes, she has the right to hit Nail, but is it necessary? Because she barely has any relationship with Bolt or Nail in this story. If there were scenes with them. Such as Hinata welcoming Nail into her home and bonding with him, it would work. But she barely had any scenes. The ones she has had are mainly around her daughter. There is the scene where she was seeing Bolt off. Where she was worried because he has been injured and only recently gotten better, but that's it. Honestly, with her scenes the only thing that would naturally work is her having to interact with Moe because he tries courting the daughter.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 20 January 2023 - 03:38 AM.

#4 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 January 2023 - 05:26 PM

Yeah it's more of that scene was forced that any real justification for it. I don't feel it has any place it the chapter at all, you can remove it entirely and not really miss anything. And that is only just because she is not involved in any real major scenes and acts neutral at best or is completely uninvolved in "emotional" scenes anyway. And by "Emotional" I'm just stretching my imagination for it because again I read the summaries and I feel nothing

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#5 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 21 January 2023 - 12:37 AM

Yeah it's more of that scene was forced that any real justification for it. I don't feel it has any place it the chapter at all, you can remove it entirely and not really miss anything. And that is only just because she is not involved in any real major scenes and acts neutral at best or is completely uninvolved in "emotional" scenes anyway. And by "Emotional" I'm just stretching my imagination for it because again I read the summaries and I feel nothing

...Her slapping of Nail helped make Naruto easier to capture, as he got up to comfort and calm her down. After she heard a boy, that the story wants you to consider her seeing like a second son, openly talk about how he plans on murdering her actual son.

The scene is Naruto and Nail have a talk while Hinata observes confused. Then she comes in and slaps him. It make sense character wise to do it, as Nail is talking about killing her son, but scene wise its random.

As for the emotion in the scene, it really was flat. As it relies on the emotion coming from Nail's speech. Which feels similar to Shikamaru's recap he did for an entire chapter a few months ago. Going over and recapping general information the reader should already know before going into the important bit that takes just a few sentences. The manga for at least two years has been going on and on about; how loyal Nail is to Naruto and how he would do anything to repay/protect him. His way he will repay him is killing Bolt to kill Femmy, but no one but him knows Femmy is still active in Bolt. It would be better for this decision to come after he informs Naruto of this fact and then gets frustrated with Naruto adopting a wait and see approach while Bolt may slowly be taken over by Femmy. So then it can be seen as Nail taking the hard choice Naruto refuses to take, and an act of mercy to let Bolt die as himself before he is taken over by Femmy. But that can't happen now as Ikemoto must rush his story. This is his punishment for wasting so many chapters on useless fluff. That now something this important to the story must be skipped over.

Something like:

Nail: Hey Naruto, sir I might just be paranoid but I think Femmy is still active in Bolt. Which means while Bolt may not be physically transforming into him he may be mentally transforming into an Otsutsuki.

Naruto: What! How can you be sure?

Nail: Well he keeps acting strangely and looks like he is in deep conversation with something while no one around. Like how you used to talk to that fox spirit that used to live inside you.

Naruto:....This is serious charge. We will need to investigate to be sure. Before we take any other action.

Nail: Sure.

After investigating.

Nail: Well? Was I right?

Naruto: Yes, interrogating Bolt and doing a mental investigation; we have confirm femmy is still active in Bolt and their personalities are slowly merging.

Nail: I'm sorry. So what are you going to do about it?

Naruto: I'm sorry Nail could you give me some time to talk to my advisors and the other kages, in order to come up with a solution.

Nail: Fair enough, but we can't take too long or Bolt will be lost to us.

After a few weeks with Bolt slowly losing himself more and more to Femmy.

Nail: Well have you decided what needs to be done?

Naruto: Yes I believe we should trust Bolt can win out mentally over Femmy. 

Nail: ...What.

Naruto: I believe my son will be able to handle it. We just need to give him support, so he can win his mental battle over Femmy. We just need to give him lots of hugs.

Nail:..?...Right. You are too close to this to see the danger and that Bolt is already losing that battle. The only Humane thing is to kill him now, before he is lost to us. So he can at least die as himself. If you won't do it, I'll do it myself. SEAL.

Instead what we got:

Nail: Hey, can we talk?

Naruto: Sure, what's up?

Nail: You know I owe you big for you taking me in, right?

Naruto: Don't mention it.

Nail: Well, I decided to repay you by killing all the Otsutsuki including your son. Who is about 80% Otsutsuki. In fact, when he revived after I killed him my first thought wasn't, "thank god he was alive," but, "damn it, now I got to kill him again."

Hinata: *Slap* You monster! You are talking about killing my son! Again!

Naruto: *Gets Up* There. There. Honey. Nail I'm not letting you kill Bolt. Again.

Nail: I'm already crazy for planning on going through with it, and know this will make you hate me, but SEAL.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 January 2023 - 11:23 PM.

#6 TheFirstEvil100

TheFirstEvil100

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • Interests:Reading and watching Naruto, play on my PS3 playing on my Pokemon games mainly Pokemon X right now I also like watching good Horror films.

Posted 22 January 2023 - 01:30 AM

Argh I said this on the podcast BlueStar had with Chi and James but god I wish Frieza would show up to kill everyone him or the Darleks.

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 10:45 AM

...Her slapping of Nail helped make Naruto easier to capture, as he got up to comfort and calm her down. After she heard a boy, that the story wants you to consider her seeing like a second son, openly talk about how he plans on murdering her actual son.

The scene is Naruto and Nail have a talk while Hinata observes confused. Then she comes in and slaps him. It make sense character wise to do it, as Nail is talking about killing her son, but scene wise its random.

As for the emotion in the scene, it really was flat. As it relies on the emotion coming from Nail's speech. Which feels similar to Shikamaru's recap he did for an entire chapter a few months ago. Going over and recapping general information the reader should already know before going into the important bit that takes just a few sentences. The manga for at least two years has been going on and on about; how loyal Nail is to Naruto and how he would do anything to repay/protect him. His way he will repay him is killing Bolt to kill Femmy, but no one but him knows Femmy is still active in Bolt. It would be better for this decision to come after he informs Naruto of this fact and then gets frustrated with Naruto adopting a wait and see approach while Bolt may slowly be taken over by Femmy. So then it can be seen as Nail taking the hard choice Naruto refuses to take, and an act of mercy to let Bolt die as himself before he is taken over by Femmy. But that can't happen now as Ikemoto must rush his story. This is his punishment for wasting so many chapters on useless fluff. That now something this important to the story must be skipped over.

Something like:

Nail: Hey Naruto, sir I might just be paranoid but I think Femmy is still active in Bolt. Which means while Bolt may not be physically transforming into him he may be mentally transforming into an Otsutsuki.

Naruto: What! How can you be sure?

Nail: Well he keeps acting strangely and looks like he is in deep conversation with something while no one around. Like how you used to talk to that fox spirit that used to live inside you.

Naruto:....This is serious charge. We we'll need to investigate to be sure. Before we take any other action.

Nail: Sure.

After investigating.

Nail: Well? Was I right?

Naruto: Yes, interrogating Bolt and doing a mental investigation; we have confirm femmy is still active in Bolt and their personalities are slowly merging.

Nail: I'm sorry. So what are you going to do about it?

Naruto: I'm sorry Nail could you give me some time to talk to my advisors and the other kages, in order to come up with a solution.

Nail: Fair enough, but we can't take too long or Bolt will be lost to us.

After a few weeks with Bolt slowly losing himself more and more to Femmy.

Nail: Well have you decided what needs to be done?

Naruto: Yes I believe we should trust Bolt can win out mentally over Femmy. 

Nail: ...What.

Naruto: I believe my son will be able to handle it. We just need to give him support, so he can win his mental battle over Femmy. We just need to give him lots of hugs.

Nail:..?...Right. You are too close to this to see the danger and that Bolt is already losing that battle. The only Humane thing is to kill him now, before he is lost to us. So he can at least die as himself. If you won't do it, I'll do it myself. SEAL.

Instead what we got:

Nail: Hey, can we talk?

Naruto: Sure, what's up?

Nail: You know I owe you big for you taking me in, right?

Naruto: Don't mention it.

Nail: Well, I decided to repay you by killing all the Otsutsuki including your son. Who is about 80% Otsutsuki. In fact, when he revived after I killed him my first thought wasn't, "thank god he was alive," but, "damn it, now I got to kill him again."

Hinata: *Slap* You monster! You are talking about killing my son! Again!

Naruto: *Gets Up* There. There. Honey. Nail I'm not letting you kill Bolt. Again.

Nail: I'm already crazy for planning on going through with it, and know this will make you hate me, but SEAL.

Ah well that makes sense, but I felt after reading it that she was more concerned about Kawaki talking about killing so casually at the age of 13 to 14 was it(?) rather the fact he was going to kill Boruto. Naruto being so nonchalant just adds to my disbelief that there is a family bond at all between him and his biological son, but obviously that is because I'm not good at remembering things if I'm not personally reading it so if there is actually anything that shows he actually cares about Boruto then correct me on that. Other than that as you've said, the scene is just flat.

#8 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 22 January 2023 - 12:57 PM

Ah well that makes sense, but I felt after reading it that she was more concerned about Kawaki talking about killing so casually at the age of 13 to 14 was it(?) rather the fact he was going to kill Boruto. Naruto being so nonchalant just adds to my disbelief that there is a family bond at all between him and his biological son, but obviously that is because I'm not good at remembering things if I'm not personally reading it so if there is actually anything that shows he actually cares about Boruto then correct me on that. Other than that as you've said, the scene is just flat.

Ikemoto...there is so many ways to phrase this. Does not infuse emotion into his manga whether in how his character behave or how he presents the scenes, let's go with that. It is very hard to gauge what a character's feelings in any scene. Take for example Kurama's death, it should be a sad emotional rollercoaster. Where Naruto is at first resigned at first to dying but at least glad he stopped Jenga. To shock realization that Kurama let him make the wrong conclusion and its him dying instead. To heartbreaking sadness to seeing an old friend that has been with him his entire life die right before him. Instead its a very flat reactions the entire time in the manga. Apparently, that was fixed in the anime.

Often, I'm left guessing what characters are feeling even when it should be easy for them to express it.

My impression it was a mixture of her being upset about him talking about killing her son, him talking so casually about it, as well as the 'emotions' he express about the whole ordeal, and the fact that she had -in theory- grown to see him as a second son. Another rollercoaster of feeling and emotions. Granted at least this time he showed her crying about it.

Naruto cares about Bolt because he is his son.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 23 January 2023 - 05:54 PM.

#9 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 06:14 PM

Well yeah that is a given, but I just have issue when it comes to Naruto's double standards regarding to Boruto and Kawaki's emotional needs mainly. NAruto as far as I remember neglects Boruto and tells him to suck it up when Boruto tells him he wants his father to be more involved in his life, but Kawaki Naruto sounds like he'll DROP EVERYTHING and shower him with kisses and dote on him every second he can get. That extended to Naruto's reaction to Boruto potentially being dead was casual and surprisingly nonchalant. Whereas if the roles were reversed Naruto would probably slap the kitten out of Boruto and disown him because quote "Kawaki is his brother" unquote. At least that's the impression I get so I meant if anything about that has changed at all or if I am off the mark.

Edited by Phantom_999, 23 January 2023 - 06:15 PM.

#10 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 23 January 2023 - 10:23 PM

Well yeah that is a given, but I just have issue when it comes to Naruto's double standards regarding to Boruto and Kawaki's emotional needs mainly. NAruto as far as I remember neglects Boruto and tells him to suck it up when Boruto tells him he wants his father to be more involved in his life, but Kawaki Naruto sounds like he'll DROP EVERYTHING and shower him with kisses and dote on him every second he can get. That extended to Naruto's reaction to Boruto potentially being dead was casual and surprisingly nonchalant. Whereas if the roles were reversed Naruto would probably slap the kitten out of Boruto and disown him because quote "Kawaki is his brother" unquote. At least that's the impression I get so I meant if anything about that has changed at all or if I am off the mark.

Naruto, while it is hard to gauge his emotions because of the art, was suppose to be in shock. While clearly going over how he is suppose to forgive someone that just killed his son. Which he is suppose to do according to his philosophy he preaches to everyone. Its not, "whelp Bolt is dead but that's ok I liked Nail better," but more, "oh god Nail just killed Bolt. My son is dead. They were suppose to be like brothers to each other. Can I forgive him? I have to. That's what I preach everyone else do. Both of them were brothers so it was fine. Right. Right? Shup Up Shikamaru! Oh Thank God! Bolt is alive! Crisis averted. Forget about that moral dilemma; forgive instantly. Ignore Shikamaru's warnings that, this kid is a powder keg ready to go off. That understanding and hugs every once and a while isn't going to cut it."

He does bond with children that are not his own more easily. But I think that in part due to Bolt's hostility towards him. You can only be hostile towards someone for so long, before they just keep their distance, and avoid you. It helps he supposedly see himself in Nail...but again he is Sasuke come again.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 24 January 2023 - 08:10 PM.

#11 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 12:12 PM

Yeah that's true although that has me wondering is this "the chicken or the egg" scenario? Did Boruto start being hostile to Naruto because he neglects the family regularly or does Naruto neglect the family because Boruto is always confrontational and hostile towards him. the back story regarding that was never elaborated on as far as I can tell, but what doesn't help matters is even in fillers Naruto doesn't spare time for them like with Himawari birthday where he sent a clone instead of coming home himself. Anyway whatever the case I don't get that tight knitted familial bond because of that and personally speaking I still don't think Naruto's "hard-ons" for Sasuke justifies his double standard preferential treatment towards Kawaki but whatever. That's just me. flimsy story is flimsy as always. Those are just my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by Phantom_999, 28 January 2023 - 12:13 PM.

#12 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 06:58 PM

Yeah that's true although that has me wondering is this "the chicken or the egg" scenario? Did Boruto start being hostile to Naruto because he neglects the family regularly or does Naruto neglect the family because Boruto is always confrontational and hostile towards him. the back story regarding that was never elaborated on as far as I can tell, but what doesn't help matters is even in fillers Naruto doesn't spare time for them like with Himawari birthday where he sent a clone instead of coming home himself. Anyway whatever the case I don't get that tight knitted familial bond because of that and personally speaking I still don't think Naruto's "hard-ons" for Sasuke justifies his double standard preferential treatment towards Kawaki but whatever. That's just me. flimsy story is flimsy as always. Those are just my thoughts on the matter.

I get the impression that both him and his sister were always spoiled. I just want to point out, that the day Naruto became hokage; they were fighting over, 'should she bring a stuff toy to the ceremony.' Then, when it ripped due to their fighting. Bolt immediate thought wasn't oh no, I'm sorry, but whelp that sucked, but it was really her fault, but maybe I should apologize. Then, the daughter became enraged knocked out her father without a care, then hunted down her brother, and beat him up to the point he almost died. That's before Naruto had to worked and not spending time with them.

Let's talk about raising children for a second. Children are brats with a simple sense of fairness that can be easily twisted without proper guidance. Its up to parents to teach them what is right and wrong. One of the reasons each generation has been getting worse and worse is because the Greatest Generation was the last one to understand this; with Boomers onwards increasingly leaving it to school teachers. Who often have at best a year to teach them with often little effect since they are only in their life for a year or abuse them with their often absolute unchecked unsupervised control over them.

So, when looking at Bolt. He does have that childish sense of fairness I see in young children; such as he thinks any mistreatment of Nail is wrong, no matter how much its a rational precaution, (that even Nail agrees with). As well as, in how he sees Naruto spending time working instead of spending time with his family as unfair. I get the impression that Bolt and his sister were the type of kids that were never told no before in their life. They also never learned to see others perspectives. I chalk this up to Naruto's lack of any knowledge of child rearing and Hinata's passivity preventing them from correcting their children or even being firm with them when they really need to. So, all it took was Naruto maybe being late to dinner once for Bolt to become hostile. Naruto put up with it for a while, but eventually stress at getting used to his new job and hostility at home made it easier to just keep distancing from his family more and more. Until, he just outright avoided them by the chunin exam. It wasn't that he wanted to do it, but Bolt was just that hostile. It wasn't till after the chunin exam with the help of Sasuke's mentoring that Bolt finally calm down and only acting snide around him.

Naruto also connected with Salad almost instantly as well. Of course, that doesn't matter as Ikemoto doesn't care about her.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 January 2023 - 12:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users