• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 Skilatry

Skilatry

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Since she was born on March 28 and Naruto was born on October 10.

#2 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

yeah 7 months older I guess, since shes in march and hes in october. But that doesnt really matter. Sasukes older than naruto as well.

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#3 KnS

KnS

感じの作家

• ANBU
  • 1,660 posts
  • Interests:Writing

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

yeah 7 months older I guess, since shes in march and hes in october. But that doesnt really matter. Sasukes older than naruto as well.

For the parallel with the feuding sons of the Sage of the Six Paths to work, Sasuke had to be older than Naruto.  Even if Naruto hadn't been a 10-month pregnancy for Kushina (thanks to her being jinchuriki), he'd still have been the youngest by about two months.

Ickle Naruto. :narutosprite:

#4 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Honestly, western sakura haters are pathetic (if your wondering why I say western, its because thats where all the sakura haters are) they hate sakura for the stupidest reasons, makes me wonder if they even read the manga for anything besides illogically hating on her, and even more so if they even read the same manga. Seriously they really are blind if they think sakura isn't the most popular female character in naruto and has a huge fanbase in japan, kishimoto-sensie's main fanbase. Honsetly, they aren't true naruto fans because they're practically bashing the main heroine of the series who has had AMAZING and deep emotional development, both romace-wise , character-wise and-power wise, and the love interest, Haruno sakura, of the main hero, Uzumaki Naruto. That alone is an insult to kishimoto-sensie's work. Not to mention they rub off the japanese culture, which is important to know if you wanna 100% understand the details of the manga.

My hobbies are drawing, and reading awesome facts about anything I love! Oh and how could I forget, I love playing on my PS3, my favourite online game is Team Fortress 2, favourite character to play with is the scout! (Although I love all of 'em).
    Bless the PS2 era...and all those awesome games... (applause to you if you were part of that gaming age, jack and daxter, sly, spyro, crash etc.)

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

For the parallel with the feuding sons of the Sage of the Six Paths to work, Sasuke had to be older than Naruto.  Even if Naruto hadn't been a 10-month pregnancy for Kushina (thanks to her being jinchuriki), he'd still have been the youngest by about two months.

Ickle Naruto. :narutosprite:

Oh thats interesting, so he had to be younger than both sasuke and sakura?

13080302030649702.gif~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ナル~サク 4/3 The day he fell in love with her ♥ 豪傑 そて 婦 hero, great man and heroine, brave woman°°°★Official Top Ten overall NARUTO characters: 1. Kakashi 2.Naruto 3.Sasuke 4.Iruka 5.Shikamaru 6.Gaara 7.Sakura 8.Neji 9.Itachi 10.Lee★°°° <p>Best ofナル~サク

#5 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

I thought it was pretty clear that Naruto was younger than Sasuke simply because we saw baby Sasuke being held by young Itachi when Naruto was born.

As far as Sakura goes... well, it would make sense for her to be older, based on certain characterizations made early on.  Of course, there are always those people who think the whole "but Naruto failed the exam 3 times!" thing means he must be at least a year older than his classmates (all that means is he took it younger -- though there is a bit of evidence he might have been "up a grade" from the others at one point, since he was noted to have transferred into his graduating class (in Kiba's flashbacks)).

Some so-called "fridge logic" is needed to explain some of that, but it makes sense.

Edited by desaix, 19 July 2013 - 08:37 PM.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#6 K9ofChaos

K9ofChaos

f**k the establishment! I'm a bunny!

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Oh thats interesting, so he had to be younger than both sasuke and sakura?

If I'm not Mistaken, Sakura is older than both Naruto and Sasuke. Sakura was born first, then Sasuke, then finally Naruto was born. Heh, one could argue that Sasuke's birthday being in-between Sakura's and Naruto's counts as symbolism for Sasuke being an obstacle to NaruSaku's potential relationship upgrade in the future if that (or any other pairing/no pairing at all) happens. Your mileage may vary on whether Sasuke is still an obstacle for those two characters or not at this point in the story.  

#7 desaix

desaix

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

If I'm not Mistaken, Sakura is older than both Naruto and Sasuke. Sakura was born first, then Sasuke, then finally Naruto was born. Heh, one could argue that Sasuke's birthday being in-between Sakura's and Naruto's counts as symbolism for Sasuke being an obstacle to NaruSaku's potential relationship upgrade in the future if that (or any other pairing/no pairing at all) happens. Your mileage may vary on whether Sasuke is still an obstacle for those two characters or not at this point in the story.  

Well, intending to kill one of them (or rather "erase" one of them) might constitute an obstacle, albeit tangentally.

You haven't experienced the full cofusion of modern gender relations until you've heard an angry group of women yelling, "We want tentacles!" at an all-night Hentai-fest.

-Tonbo

You can find my original fiction, facebook, twitter, and other ways to contact me on my website, FennecFoxPress.com

#8 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Didn't we have this conversation some months ago? I guess I'll just repeat what I said before:

A date of birth is no indication of a character being older. Sakura could've easily been born the year after. Unless there's a panel indicating that Sakura was born first (like with Sasuke), or Kishimoto himself confirming it there's no way of knowing.

Remember that when they put kids in a class it's not necessarily just the ones born in the same year. I'm sure we've all had classmates born a year before or after. The limit would be for them not to go over a whole year in difference.

Actually, if we go by the standards of the school system in Japan Sakura would be the youngest of her class. That's because her birthday is March 28th, and a class formation there involves those born from April 1st of a certain year up until March 31st of the following year.

#9 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

But the school year in Naruto is not the same as in Japan. It appears in Naruto's world anyone born in a year enters the Academy the same year. Note Rock Lee was born in December the year before Team 7, 10 and 8 members,  but he's in the same class as Neiji and Tenten. While Shino, born in January of the year Naruto is, is in the same class as Naruto. Chouji was born May 1 of that year and is in the same class as Naruto. If it followed Japanese school schedules both Sakura and Chouji would be in the following years class. Hinata was born in late December of that year and is in the same class. It looks rather clear in Naruto's world the entrance year is January 1- December 31.

Note, Tsunade was also several months older than Jiraiya...

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#10 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:05 AM

@ciardha, lol read this thread and thought this was your kind of thread!!  :D

#11 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

But the school year in Naruto is not the same as in Japan. It appears in Naruto's world anyone born in a year enters the Academy the same year. Note Rock Lee was born in December the year before Team 7, 10 and 8 members,  but he's in the same class as Neiji and Tenten. While Shino, born in January of the year Naruto is, is in the same class as Naruto. Chouji was born May 1 of that year and is in the same class as Naruto. If it followed Japanese school schedules both Sakura and Chouji would be in the following years class. Hinata was born in late December of that year and is in the same class. It looks rather clear in Naruto's world the entrance year is January 1- December 31.

You offer absolutely no proof of that so don't go around saying that it's rather clear when it's not.

There's nothing concrete to anything that you said. And since there's no listed year of the birth of characters you can't confirm how close or far they are from each other. I can organize all of those dates you offered accordingly. Let's give fictional years for the sake of argument:

April 1, Year 1 - March 31, Year 2 (The class of Lee, Neji and Tenten)

April 1, Year 2 - March 31, Year 3 (The class of the Rookie 9)

Lee - Born December, Year 1

Shino - Born January, Year 3

Chouji - Born May, Year 2

Sakura - Born March, Year 3

Naruto - Born October, Year 2

Hinata - Born December, Year 2

They all fit into the class organization, at least if it was based on the Japan school system.

What you said about Sakura and Chouji being in a different class makes absolutely no sense.

Are you trying to prove a point with that? It doesn't change anything that I said above.

#12 Canadian_DJ

Canadian_DJ

The Justifier

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

omg ciardha!!  :wow:

#13 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

If you consider months as older, sure. But they are the same age, so in a sense no, because they will always be the same age within the same year.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#14 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

If you consider months as older, sure. But they are the same age, so in a sense no, because they will always be the same age within the same year.

Since no year is given to when they were born there's no way to confirm it. Whether Sakura was born the same year or the following year at some point they both share the same age within certain months. In the end it could go either way.

Assuming that they were born the same year is just that, an assumption. There's absolutely no information that could be used to support that claim.

Edited by redragon88, 20 July 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#15 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Its not an assumption when you look at eveyr databook which has a list for their actual ages.

Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke are all listed as 15 and a half when part 2 begins.

My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#16 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

Its not an assumption when you look at eveyr databook which has a list for their actual ages.

Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke are all listed as 15 and a half when part 2 begins.

You're not offering any proof either. If you want to claim the databook proves it at least bother to explain why.

I don't know how them being the same age at the beginning of Part 2 would prove anything. At no point was it ever alluded which time of the year did Part 2 began within the story.

That would be the same as me saying "the color of the ocean is blue, look at it" and then offer no explanation as to why I would believe so.

Edited by redragon88, 20 July 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#17 Dkey

Dkey

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

You're not offering any proof either. If you want to claim the databook proves it at least bother to explain why.

That would be the same as me saying "the color of the ocean is blue, look at it" and then offer no explanation as to why I would believe so.

so what stance do you have on all this affair. Do you genuinely believe that Sakura is younger than Sasuke and Naruto or are you just saying that it's a 50 50 chance that she is older or younger then them.

You are right there is no way of proving either version, because there isn't anywhere in black and white that it is. All we know is that Sasuke was born before Naruto.

#18 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

so what stance do you have on all this affair. Do you genuinely believe that Sakura is younger than Sasuke and Naruto or are you just saying that it's a 50 50 chance that she is older or younger then them.

You are right there is no way of proving either version, because there isn't anywhere in black and white that it is. All we know is that Sasuke was born before Naruto.

A 50/50 chance is the logical answer. Nothing can be completely proven.

If I was forced to choose I would say Sakura's younger based on the rules of the japanese school system, but that's just my personal opinion. For me it makes sense to apply the japanese norms until it can be proven otherwise within the story, and those norms would make Sakura the youngest of her class.

#19 StriderC

StriderC

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Lmao this again?? There's really not enough evidence to peg who's older. All one can do is really speculate. It'd be nice if Kishi clearly this up even though it really is a minor thinv. Younger, older. Doesn't really matter in the end. They're I'm the same age group. :-)

#20 redragon88

redragon88

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Lmao this again?? There's really not enough evidence to peg who's older. All one can do is really speculate. It'd be nice if Kishi clearly this up even though it really is a minor thinv. Younger, older. Doesn't really matter in the end. They're I'm the same age group. :-)

Remember how we spend many pages discussing it all those months ago? Good times.

What you say is the point I'm trying to make. There's no evidence to claim either as fact, absolutely none. So I don't want people drawing to conclusions based on just their personal believes instead of proper evidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users