Close
Photo

If Sakura still loves Sasuke why is she not worthy of respect?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic

#1 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:26 AM

Just as the title says.

When I read people's posts on this forum, I often see posts written, "If Sakura is still in love with Sasuke by the end of the manga I will lose all respect for her". But then I wonder if people are saying that because that means 1.) she won't choose Naruto in the end, or 2.) because being in love with Sasuke itself is disrespecting for her character.

Now on with the question.
For people who choose 2.), why is still loving Sasuke disrespectful?
I don't understand this statement so I would be grateful if people could explain this to me. Because as far as I know, the direction of love is not something you can control rationally. I for one, respected Sakura that she tried to kill the guy she was in love with/still loves for the sake of the greater good. I find it respectful that she thinks highly of her teammate and tries to protect him more than the guy she loves. In the end, even if she is still in love with him, as long as she doesn't date or show affections toward the guy who mistreated her, I think she is still respectable.

Another question for people who choose 2.), if she falls out of love with Sasuke but falls in love with somebody other than Naruto, would you still find her respectable?

P.S. I don't know if this should have been in the debate thread. If it is then sorry. I put on this topic to see how much people connects her worth as a character to NaruSaku romance.
268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#2 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:07 AM

That's a very good question that I ask myself sometimes. I mean Sakura could do a turn around, and love Sasuke once again, and that would totally ruin all the character development she's had, and show she's still the same fan girl from the earlier chapters of Naruto. I'd sure as hell want a good long explanation as to why she choose Sasuke, and not Naruto. I mean I couldn't stay mad at her since Sakura is a fictional character, but I believe my beliefs as to why she'd lose respect is because her character would be one sided, and show that despite what Naruto did for her it was all for nothing, and he doesn't get the girl he deserves.

I believe Kishimoto owes Sakura some development on her feelings, and give her a proper ending to who she actually likes. We've been beating around the bush for too damn long, and need something to show that Sakura has moved on. We keeping getting rays of hope that maybe Sakura's feelings have changed, but we end up getting sand kicked in our eyes, and going back to square one with her feelings. It's like a guessing game, and we'll just have to put up with it until Kishimoto decides to give Sakura a proper development on her feelings for both said teammates.

As far as Sakura falling in love with someone else I really don't see that happening as it's made clear in the manga that she harbors feelings for both Naruto and Sasuke. If she suddenly feel in love with some minor character, I'm calling bullsh** on Kishimoto's part at robbing Sakura of a proper relationship and closure.

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#3 ramenanmitsu

ramenanmitsu

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,414 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

QUOTE (Toasty Warrior @ Mar 14 2012, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a very good question that I ask myself sometimes. I mean Sakura could do a turn around, and love Sasuke once again, and that would totally ruin all the character development she's had, and show she's still the same fan girl from the earlier chapters of Naruto. I'd sure as hell want a good long explanation as to why she choose Sasuke, and not Naruto. I mean I couldn't stay mad at her since Sakura is a fictional character, but I believe my beliefs as to why she'd lose respect is because her character would be one sided, and show that despite what Naruto did for her it was all for nothing, and he doesn't get the girl he deserves.

I believe Kishimoto owes Sakura some development on her feelings, and give her a proper ending to who she actually likes. We've been beating around the bush for too damn long, and need something to show that Sakura has moved on. We keeping getting rays of hope that maybe Sakura's feelings have changed, but we end up getting sand kicked in our eyes, and going back to square one with her feelings. It's like a guessing game, and we'll just have to put up with it until Kishimoto decides to give Sakura a proper development on her feelings for both said teammates.

So do you think that if she is still in love with Sasuke, it means that she didn't have character development? I want to ask why is that?

It's not like she can control what she feels, neither is she actively pursuing him. Even if Sasuke comes back to the village being redeemed I doubt she would go to him even if(not saying that she is) she is in love with him. Isn't that development compared to Sakura in part 1 who wanted to date Sasuke even if he mistreated her?
As far as Sakura falling in love with someone else I really don't see that happening as it's made clear in the manga that she harbors feelings for both Naruto and Sasuke. If she suddenly feel in love with some minor character, I'm calling bullsh** on Kishimoto's part at robbing Sakura of a proper relationship and closure.

That was just an "what-if" question. I know that won't happen. I just wanted to know that would people still respect her if she got over Sasuke but fell in love with somebody else. Supposedly, Lee?

Sorry, I'm in no way trying to disregard what you said. I'm just a curious guy wanting to know what people think. Thanks for answering for me though happy.gif

Edited by narunarunaru, 14 March 2012 - 07:28 AM.

268702-181926-kaworu-nagisa.jpg

#4 Toasty Warrior

Toasty Warrior

Phenomenal One

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts
  • Interests:Hanging with friends, playing video games, watching anime

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

I wouldn't say Sakura hasn't had any development, I'm just saying as a fan if Sakura went back to Sasuke, it would undo all of her character development she's had, and degrade her back to the Sasuke fan girl she use too be. I don't want that happening, I'm saying if she chose Sasuke over Naruto in the end, I would want a good explanation as to why, but part of me thinks she wouldn't do that. smile.gif

Just for fun if Sakura did fall in love with someone like Lee, I'd definitely cringe at the idea, and try to ignore it as if it never happened. tongue.gif

phenomenal_one_banner_by_denizlispor-d5h

"They don't want none"

#5 catsi563

catsi563

catsitastrophe

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,192 posts
  • Interests:Naruto, Sakura, NaruSaku, pizza, dragons, tigers, wolves, cats, Slaying Ebil dragon windmill thingies, the moon, the ocean.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

The problem lies in that Sakura is our fan insert. That is why her past is so bland, and her parents such blank slates. She isd esgined partly around the concept of a ""normal"" girl with no special abiltiies teamed up with these two powerhouses who her feelings are contrasted for and changed over the course of the story.

But she is also the character were meant as the audience to most identify with, the one who doesnt have any special abilities so we as the audience can grow with her and triumph with her as she gos.

The issue with Sasuke is that from a story telling standpoint it stretches the suspension of disbelief that a character who has had such documented and expressed character growth through out the manga would just not be able to move on from her feelings for a guy who not only turned against her, but wose tried to kill her on no less then 2 occasions. And betrayed some fo the very principles she herself has held close to heart.

Also there is the notion that her feelings have been shown to have changed, and to be stronger then before for Naruto. For this development to be just thrown aside at the end just comes off as cliched and would pretty well waste all the ink used to show her development.

Simply put its a matter of we the audience having grown with this character and at the very end when the pay off is about to come we get a half assed ending where twu wub conquers all and leaves us shaking our heads.
My dear you deserve a great wizard, but im afraid you'll have to settle for services of a second rate pick pocket - Smendrick The Last Unicorn

..(^)> PENGUIN!!!!
C(...)D
..m.m

Training with a sannin 2 1/2 years

new pair of gloves 20 ryou

the look on your best friend, and former sensei's face's when you cause a small earth quake. Princeless

Catsis Fan Fiction

#6 Namaenash

Namaenash

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (narunarunaru @ Mar 14 2012, 06:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just as the title says.

When I read people's posts on this forum, I often see posts written, "If Sakura is still in love with Sasuke by the end of the manga I will lose all respect for her". But then I wonder if people are saying that because that means 1.) she won't choose Naruto in the end, or 2.) because being in love with Sasuke itself is disrespecting for her character.

Now on with the question.
For people who choose 2.), why is still loving Sasuke disrespectful?
I don't understand this statement so I would be grateful if people could explain this to me. Because as far as I know, the direction of love is not something you can control rationally. I for one, respected Sakura that she tried to kill the guy she was in love with/still loves for the sake of the greater good. I find it respectful that she thinks highly of her teammate and tries to protect him more than the guy she loves. In the end, even if she is still in love with him, as long as she doesn't date or show affections toward the guy who mistreated her, I think she is still respectable.

Another question for people who choose 2.), if she falls out of love with Sasuke but falls in love with somebody other than Naruto, would you still find her respectable?

P.S. I don't know if this should have been in the debate thread. If it is then sorry. I put on this topic to see how much people connects her worth as a character to NaruSaku romance.

I would definitely lost all my respect for her as a fictional character, the act is disrespecting for her character (option 2).

For me, the reasons are simple:
1. It is a very bad message to be conveyed to female audience or women in general.
2. It shows that the author doesnt appreciate women --sorry, I got to say this...
3. Though your remark is valid that she can't control who she love, that would just indicate how shallow and weak she is.

So, if she choose Sasuke in the end (God forbid); it means that she choose to forget about all the mistreatments that she received from Sasuke (being rude to her despite her best effort to make him happy, trying to hurt her when they've met the first time after 2.5 years, trying to kill her twice, etc -- all the acts that disrespect her as a woman/teammate/person), and give him the chance to be with her. Therefore throwing out all the developments that she has and shows how weak she is.

At the same time, it will also mean that she choose to ignore all the acts that highly respect her as a woman/teammate/person done by Naruto. These, by itself, are acts of lowering women's value. If someone treated me like crap, I would stand on my feet and 'fight' against that person. If my loved ones are in danger, I would do anything to put them safe. Women are braver and stronger than you could ever think, and no, it's not about pride... Sorry if I get too serious here smile.gif lolz...

As for 'if she falls out of love with Sasuke but falls in love with somebody other than Naruto', I'll also disrespect her. Considering all that happened (e.g. Sakura's confession, all NaruSaku development, etc), that'll make her as a ignorance and manipulative character.

Of course, I believe that the confession was true:). The message is clear: she loves both boys and she's confused. It's part of her development to go past these hurdles... It would be a perfect ending (for me), sometime in the future, we have Sakura and Naruto end up together with Sakura saying 'I finally understand why I love him..' (something along those lines, which reflect back what Naruto was saying to her back in chapter 3)... Oh well.. wishful thinking...

http://namaenasuyou.tumblr.com/     ||     https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6308104/

"I'm sorry I didn't believe. But I'd given up believing in so much, until I met you. From the first day I saw you, you were everything I ever wanted to believe in. You can do this, Diana. I know you can...But I have to go."

"What? What are you saying?"

"It's okay, this is what I came here to do. I can save today, but you... you can save the world."

#7 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

I think This topic needs to to be moved.... Kage Nate? Okay. So while I'm here I JUST want to point out that it's a question of sanity, character development AND Logic.
Would Sakura, who was developed For over 500 chapters growing out of her naive fangirling and into a mature independent young woman, be so CLINGY to just RUN back to her first crush for NO reason other than some lingering feelings? And why would she show thus far ALL That romantic interest in Naruto and then just DROP it? Not to mention there were hints of it through her actions throughout the plot. Sasuke tried to kill he and Blatantly said he will kill EVERYONE she loves in his own village, her home. SO, would Sasuke be seen as a good potential partner for anyone from Konoha at this point? Think about it. DOES THAT answer your question? smile.gif My two cents

QUOTE (Nate River @ Mar 14 2012, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And Phantom: I think it's fine where it is. Mail me a pizza and I might have the strength to do the three or four clicks necessary to make it happen.

Um, okay. Address please. I just thought it'd be more suited to Naruto General smile.gif

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 March 2012 - 03:13 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#8 Nate River

Nate River

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

Two reasons:

(1) I think for many fans it represents the age old frustration of a girl liking the bad boy who treats her like crap. It's not a perfect regurgitation, but it's easy to see why it reminds people of it.

(2) I think her initial crush (and initial dislike of Naruto) on Sasuke was, for most fans (at least most non-SS) fans as THE definitive example of her early immaturity. It was shallow. To see her develop in so many ways as a ninja and a person only to see her still hold onto the one thing that most represented her early self bothers people. Even if it did develop into a genuine love at some point...can you identify where and why that should have happened?

Your right in that love is not always rational, but this is a controlled universe.

I think for most it ultimately it comes down to this: why hang onto a guy who treated you poorly when one who worships the ground you walk on is right there next to him?

And Phantom: I think it's fine where it is. Mail me a pizza and I might have the strength to do the three or four clicks necessary to make it happen.

EDIT: Yeah, you're right. Where's my food?

#9 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Two reasons:

(1) I think for many fans it represents the age old frustration of a girl liking the bad boy who treats her like crap. It's not a perfect regurgitation, but it's easy to see why it reminds people of it.

(2) I think her initial crush (and initial dislike of Naruto) on Sasuke was, for most fans (at least most non-SS) fans as THE definitive example of her early immaturity. It was shallow. To see her develop in so many ways as a ninja and a person only to see her still hold onto the one thing that most represented her early self bothers people. Even if it did develop into a genuine love at some point...can you identify where and why that should have happened?

Your right in that love is not always rational, but this is a controlled universe.

I think for most it ultimately it comes down to this: why hang onto a guy who treated you poorly when one who worships the ground you walk on is right there next to him?

Nail on the head, Nate smile.gif And it's also people would like to just be reminded of that from Sakura, but given she's seeing how evil Sasuke has become, she realizes I'm sure that her feeling anything of love for him is wrong. And she knows she loves Naruto as well, but can't let go of how she feels for Sasuke since the feelings of caring for him came back like a fist. It's something that will be a good part of her character developement when the war is done.

#10 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Nate River @ Mar 14 2012, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EDIT: Yeah, you're right. Where's my food?

Outside your door. biggrin.gif I added an extra of cheese sticks and a drink cool.gif

#11 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

NaruNaru what you said about love is true, but Sakura still loving Sasuke is a new level of stupidity.

My view on this:

Sakura: I will say that she has no self respect and she is not proud of herself in anyway.

Sakura towards Naruto: he has always been her stup*d FOOL, she never love him or really care about him, she use his feeling and lie to him in his face, plus Naruto was only there to get back her Sasuke-kun and nothing else matters to her.

Kishi: all young girls are shallow and stup*d when it comes to the boy they love, no matter what they do to them you should not worry because girls are really that stup*d. secret insult to young girls Kishi will be showing that he has no respect for the female gender and he thinks very low about them.

Hater: will prove that they was alway right about her character, she his the worse person in the world.

Naruto: never waste your life treating the girl you love the way girls deserve to be treated because in the end she will treat you like garbage and go back to the bastard that she first love, so do not be a fool learns to treat women like dirt.

There is no other way to look at this.

There is a reason why people ask for Hinata to be the manga heroine of the Manga and not Sakura... Kishi is very agains this thinking so why change Sakura feelings toward Naruto and the development between them if by the end you are planing to throw Naruto aside just to please Sasuke and make Sakura look like an evel in the process.

Edited by donjoseph19, 14 March 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#12 James S Cassidy

James S Cassidy

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,831 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Everyone else pretty much said, but I want to say my two cents.

If anyone remembers, I once said that I hate manga that do this and believe me there have been quite a few in my opinion: (ie. Tokyo Mew Mew, Fruits Basket.)

You see two characters interact with each other. They blush, they show hints of feelings, they support each other...and then at the end of the manga they end up with someone else who not only wasn't there for the character at all, but sometimes turns out to be the villain. They put on this whole "Nice guys finish last" routine.

The biggest question I ask was "What was the point of all that?"

What was the point of all that development if it did nothing? If nothing changes from it, then why put that kind of trouble to put all that in? Now, for me if I write a story everything has a purpose. I don't just have two characters kiss one day and then the next act like it never happened. That's just poor writing. That's just one moment, imagine something like that throughout the whole manga.

I wouldn't be disappointed in Sakura so much as I would be with Kishimoto. AND if Sakura really did do that in the end, then all the slander that people say about her would be true.

I am sorry to say, and I mean no disrespect to the opposite sex, but I do know some girls who have done this in real life. The guy that does everything for them, is the guy they spit on meanwhile the guy who spits on them gets praised like a God. I don't get it. Guys do this too sometimes. Instead of being with the girl who loves them more than anything, they rather be with the selfish girl who treats them like a dog. I wish I knew how these people thought and wonder what makes them think this way. Even if it is explained to me, I probably don't understand cause I am always the guy that worships the ground they walk on, but gets no attention.

Plus, we all want to see a relationship based around love and true emotional development, not idol worshipping.
My gofundme
https://www.gofundme...c-designer-fund

Δικός σου για να κρατάτε
Σ'αγαπώ

#13 FoolishYoungling

FoolishYoungling

Jirou is best girl.

• ANBU
  • 6,158 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (James S Cassidy @ Mar 14 2012, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everyone else pretty much said, but I want to say my two cents.

If anyone remembers, I once said that I hate manga that do this and believe me there have been quite a few in my opinion: (ie. Tokyo Mew Mew, Fruits Basket.)

You see two characters interact with each other. They blush, they show hints of feelings, they support each other...and then at the end of the manga they end up with someone else who not only wasn't there for the character at all, but sometimes turns out to be the villain. They put on this whole "Nice guys finish last" routine.

The biggest question I ask was "What was the point of all that?"

What was the point of all that development if it did nothing? If nothing changes from it, then why put that kind of trouble to put all that in? Now, for me if I write a story everything has a purpose. I don't just have two characters kiss one day and then the next act like it never happened. That's just poor writing. That's just one moment, imagine something like that throughout the whole manga.

I wouldn't be disappointed in Sakura so much as I would be with Kishimoto. AND if Sakura really did do that in the end, then all the slander that people say about her would be true.

I am sorry to say, and I mean no disrespect to the opposite sex, but I do know some girls who have done this in real life. The guy that does everything for them, is the guy they spit on meanwhile the guy who spits on them gets praised like a God. I don't get it. Guys do this too sometimes. Instead of being with the girl who loves them more than anything, they rather be with the selfish girl who treats them like a dog. I wish I knew how these people thought and wonder what makes them think this way. Even if it is explained to me, I probably don't understand cause I am always the guy that worships the ground they walk on, but gets no attention.

Plus, we all want to see a relationship based around love and true emotional development, not idol worshipping.

Kishi has to know this. Even if he doesn't focus on anyone as much as Naruto and Sasuke, Sakura is right there beside them, and her effects can easily change everything sense she is the main heroine. Jiraya never got the girl, and said it was a fail. Now if Naruto is suppose to hold Jiraya's will, then don't you think he would get the girl. All I'm saying is, if Sakura picks Sasuke, then all the build up the manga had with other parallels and Sakura's purpose of growth will be broke. All they will say is, "Naruto was okay with it, and he got Hinata". No let me ask you this. If Naruto only picks Sakura because Sakura is with Sasuke, wouldn't that make Hinata a backup girl? This is why I support SasuHina, sure they are a crack-pairing, but it fits for when Sasuke breaks his cursed revenge path, and finds his place back at the Leaf Village, and with a less emo attitude. Yes NaruHina fans will like it, cause their beloved Hinata still gets a main character. tongue.gif

Left Hand to the Future Pirate King

Vinsmoke "Black Leg" Sanji

2XtVwF6.png

#14 KeikoxYusuke

KeikoxYusuke

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:39 PM

I find what people think about Sakura when it comes to the pairings to be depressing. I for one, have always loved Sakura, no matter who she falls in love with.

I'm upset by the people who seem to dislike her for following her heart. dry.gif now look, I'm a HUGE Narusaku fan... but there is nothing that would make me hate Sakura, she has never been a bad girl, true...she was shallow when she was twleve with long hair..but that was a long time ago, she has changed.

I hate to think that you people would really disrespect her for loving someone that YOU don't approve of... If Kishimoto approves it, then.. I'm ok with it. I'm sure that the way he tell the story, it will make sense in the long run... and I'm also sure that Sakura loves Naruto and will pick him.

the main thing that makes me upset about this...is the idea that everyone is just so upset at the thought of her not being with Naruto...

It reminds me of the SS and NH fans a bit... acting like Naruto would be a ass if he doesn't choose Hinata.

so you guys really think Sakura would be a b*tch or whatever if your fave pairing didn't happen? really? huh.gif down.gif

narusaku_opening_12_by_toastywarrior-d5i

#15 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

Not me. I'd be disappointed. I'd RANT. I'd vent out my anger on something and probably hate the romance sense of the series for the rest of my life. BUT no I wouldn't hate Sakura, just think it's stupid if she reverted to the way she used to be. IF she picks Sasuke She would need to reason it out properly and EVEN then They don't suit in my eyes. Besides What makes it different from NH is that NaruSaku ACTUALLY had potential for a good realistic relationship, where as Nh was only wanting Hinata's happiness due to some bizarre "moe" feelings for her. I'm not bashing only stating that the NH fans that are VENOMOUS to NS and bash our pairing here are just Hinata worshipers and their fandom is only "revolving around her wants" so to speak. And you confuse what we're saying, dear. We wouldn't HATE Sakura or call her a "B**ch!!!" We just wouldn't be happy with her And I admit it WOULD justify what the haters say about her, but we wouldn't verbally ABUSE her. I'd still love her character, just not her choices.

Edited by Phantom_999, 14 March 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#16 Don-kun

Don-kun

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Interests:Music, Electronics, Driving car, Traveling and NaruSaku.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (KeikoxYusuke @ Mar 14 2012, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find what people think about Sakura when it comes to the pairings to be depressing. I for one, have always loved Sakura, no matter who she falls in love with.

I'm upset by the people who seem to dislike her for following her heart. dry.gif now look, I'm a HUGE Narusaku fan... but there is nothing that would make me hate Sakura, she has never been a bad girl, true...she was shallow when she was twleve with long hair..but that was a long time ago, she has changed.

I hate to think that you people would really disrespect her for loving someone that YOU don't approve of... If Kishimoto approves it, then.. I'm ok with it. I'm sure that the way he tell the story, it will make sense in the long run... and I'm also sure that Sakura loves Naruto and will pick him.

the main thing that makes me upset about this...is the idea that everyone is just so upset at the thought of her not being with Naruto...

It reminds me of the SS and NH fans a bit... acting like Naruto would be a ass if he doesn't choose Hinata.

so you guys really think Sakura would be a b*tch or whatever if your fave pairing didn't happen? really? huh.gif down.gif

Maybe you are right but Naruto has been nothing more than the best friend Sakura will ever have.
He support her in the tough times, he was always there for her, he loves her what else can you say about the boy he really loves her...
Then she was very sad when she find out the way he suffers plus all the sacrifice he was willing to do only to see her happy men thats a lot off love, for her to turn around and tell him Sorry Naruto but I never love you I only use you, the thing is that I always love Sasuke and even if he doesn't treat me the wonderful way you treat me, I still love the bastard. So face it Naruto I really sorry to break your heart and you see the day I told you that I love you I never did, no matter what you do for me I will never love you...

Thats Sakura and Naruto relationship I can't see Sakura dumping him for Sasuke another way.

#17 Anguyen92

Anguyen92

Loving hockey games and Hard Rock Music

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • Interests:Reading forums, and listening to hard rock/alt rock music.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Oh, I could never really lash out on Sakura if she still loves Sasuke, but and this is a huge but, if Kishi was still hellbent on Sakura loving Sasuke, he might as well turn her heel (being the bad person), somewhere along the line, in part one, and pretty much treat Naruto like trash, like she did in the beginning of part 1, but that is not the case. I guess it all depends on how she reacts to Naruto in the end if she chooses Sasuke over Naruto.

Edited by Anguyen92, 14 March 2012 - 10:05 PM.

abiiisig8.jpg

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

#18 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (KeikoxYusuke @ Mar 14 2012, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, well said. I'm certain Sakura will choose Naruto.

But I want to add something to your point, that no one seems to be seeing about Sakura. Kishimoto gave her the most agonizingly heartrendingly painful path to love of all the characters. (far, far more painful than Naruto's, and light years more painful than Lee's, as for Hinata- she clearly showed she would be quite content with Naruto and Sakura together, so there's no pain there whatsoever, she is happy just to admire him from afar.) I can just see the majority of you going- No way! Let me explain. Sakura, naive and foolish falls hard for the "cool boy". Said boy is at best utterly disdainful of her back in Team 7 days. (Remember, Sakura, even when she was really annoyed by Naruto in early part 1, would often be supportive of him in a friendly and/or caring way and at least twice in part 2 acted without a moments hesitance to protect his life over her own. No matter what else Naruto was certain of Sakura's support and friendship. Sakura had none of that with Sasuke, even in part 1 (she had no certainty of him having even supportive team mate feeling from Sasuke- he might show it briefly, then turn right around a moment later and put her down- quite harshly, not like Sakura's moments of being hacked off at Naruto when he acted stupid, gross, rude, or perverted. Naruto still knew he could absolutely count on Sakura in any kind of bad situation) where Naruto at least had something resembling a friendship/team mate bond part of the time from Sasuke, enough so he could count on it, for the most part.

Sakura is burdened with feelings for someone who at best had absolutely no feelings of affection for her at all, and was completely contemptuous of her, then add the events of part 2 on top of that. Sakura knows Sasuke has willingly become a monster who threatens the world. She is sickened and ashamed that she still harbors remnants of any feelings for someone so terrible. It's like a knife in her heart striking over and over. She has to carry this, it makes her think she's a lousy and weak person. No one has told her that it's really hard to cut emotional bonds, and the deeper they go the harder it is. That's the deepest bond of all.

She deeply loves Naruto, far more than she ever did Sasuke. (Even in early 1 part there was a semiconscious attraction to Naruto, something that became fully conscious the very moment he made the promise of a lifetime to her.) Even in part 1, time and again it's Naruto she thinks of, Sasuke is an afterthought at best nearly every time. It's Naruto that she trusted implicitly, even in early part 1.

Rather than the mass spewing contempt for Sakura for her choices, look at the situation through her eyes. I think this is what startles Kishimoto about the hatred directed toward her character- he intended for readers to see the situation through her eyes and expected readers to be intensely sympathetic to her. To "feel her pain".
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#19 Dragunov

Dragunov

Examiner

• Examiner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts
  • Interests:lol git

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Another reason being that it would defy common logic. You dont love a man who tries to kill you on two different occasions, does less than honorable things, is out to get the guy you have in a friendzone, and is an overall maniac.

Edited by Dragunov, 14 March 2012 - 11:33 PM.

#20 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

And that does not damage her character HOW? You just explained it 100% clearly ciardha. Sakura's feelings right down to the last detail. I'd be SO VERY disappointed with the plot if Sakura chose Sasuke because I'm sure she reasoned all of that in her head. If having feelings for someone who chooses to do evil, and wants to KILL off your entire village is so sickening why SHOULD she pick him. Why would Kishimoto pour all of that development and self realization down the drain just for her to run into the arms of a superficial love? And I'm not only saying this to support NS. I'm not gonna lie I'd cry if Sakura doesn't pick Naruto, but I say it's better than she picks No one rather than Sasuke because it's suffering if she does. And remember How badly she was treated by fans during that Chapter 540 scene? People were antagonizing her for still thinking about the guy, stating she's still IN LOVE with him, and restart their bashing and hating with a vengeance. It goes to show how unsympathetic some fans are. I for one support and Sympathize with Sakura as a character but it just wouldn't make Sense for me if She picked Sasuke who was ALWAYS A HAZARD on her self esteem and also the #1 stress factor in her life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users