Close
Photo

Does Kishimoto not remember that Naruto watched and supported Sakura?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:38 PM

So according to Kishimoto, he paired Hinata with Naruto because she was the sole person who clearly watched and supported Naruto’s diligence from the beginning. But lets take a look at the manga!

naruto-1564872.jpg

naruto-1564874.jpg

naruto-1550.jpg

naruto-1551.jpg

naruto-1566966.jpg

naruto-1566968.jpg

Since chapter 3 and throughout much of part one, Kishimoto made it readily clear that Naruto was the first and sole person who clearly watched and supported Sakura from the beginning. He made it a solid point at the end of part one. So going by Kishi's logic, shouldn't he "feel pitiful" for not rewarding Naruto who watched her from the start? Especially in comparison to Sasuke . . . who has pretty much never watched/supported her? Or does this pretty much come down to deciding between rewarding the main character or a side character?

It's a damn shame when the reader has a better grasp of the characters than the author. :ermm:

Edited by ThroughWithLove, 12 December 2014 - 10:43 PM.

Posted Image

Behold! Akame ga Kill's True Canon Pairing!

#2 NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

NaruSaku fan in Kentucky

Kyuubi

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,038 posts
  • Interests:Likes Kentucky Basketball, NaruSaku and Godzilla.

Dislikes Sasuke SasuSaku NaruHina and the Louisville Cardnials.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:50 PM

That's why I loved NaruSaku, they supported each other.

509356167_759751.gif?4

#3 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

Exactly, and even when she didn't believe in herself, Naruto believed in Sakura and helped her when she needed him most, as well as the fact he understood her better than she understood him at first, like she thought she knew him so well, but as she got to KNOW him, she saw she was wrong about her preconceptions of Naruto's character and attitude.

naruto-1565169.jpg

naruto-1565171.jpg

EXHIBIT A!!! Sakura assuming Naruto was gonna give up so easily when he had trouble making progress in his tree climbing training! But then he asks her for help and she gets shocked.

#4 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, I don't even know what Kishi means by "Sakura only supported Naruto midway" when you have scenes like this:

naruto-1565740.jpg

Posted Image

#5 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

Yeah, I don't even know what Kishi means by "Sakura only supported Naruto midway" when you have scenes like this:

naruto-1565740.jpg

That's right, plus stuff like even if she was sad about Naruto unable to keep his promise to Sakura to bring Sasuke back;

naruto-4613.jpg

You can see she's now less worried about Naruto not being able to keep his promise and more concerned at how hurt he is, especially when she knows Sasuke did it, and how hard he worked to keep his promise to her. So how could Kishimoto-sensei forget the importance of the bonds Naruto and Sakura have? I can see too why Junko Takeuchi was surprised and possibly bothered by the ending of The Last.

#6 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:08 PM

EXHIBIT A!!! Sakura assuming Naruto was gonna give up so easily when he had trouble making progress in his tree climbing training! But then he asks her for help and she gets shocked.

There's also this:

naruto-1565070.jpg

Brother/sister my ass. :lmao:

Posted Image

#7 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:10 PM

It's all retcon.
It doesn't exist nor has meaning anymore.
Why?
So Hinata doesn't become silver medal. Yeah

#8 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:11 PM

There's also this:

naruto-1565070.jpg

Brother/sister my ass. :lmao:

The very moment I fell for NaruSaku!! :D :love:

#9 shisui

shisui

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:14 AM

There is no contradiction.

Hinata noticed Naruto's hard work when she was a small kid. There was a flashback where she's supporting Naruto, years before the teams formed, and when they were all academy kids. Iruka may have been someone who noticed beforehand, but Sakura, Sasuke and all the others only noticed after the series begun. This is what Kishi means by midway.

It's still a lousy excuse though. It doesn't matter if Hinata noticed him first and she shouldn't be rewarded for that. I don't agree with that kind of entitlement.

#10 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:30 AM

Hinata noticed Naruto's hard work when she was a small kid. There was a flashback where she's supporting Naruto, years before the teams formed, and when they were all academy kids. Iruka may have been someone who noticed beforehand, but Sakura, Sasuke and all the others only noticed after the series begun. This is what Kishi means by midway.

It's still a lousy excuse though. It doesn't matter if Hinata noticed him first and she shouldn't be rewarded for that. I don't agree with that kind of entitlement.

No, it's still retcon. They had to invent scenes for the movie to justify the ship. And it IS a contradiction, since Kishi's own manga shows that Sakura supported Naruto well before the midway point.

#11 BlackBird19

BlackBird19

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:USMC,
    baseball,
    football,
    hockey,
    Music(all kinds),
    and manga.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:31 AM

What's actually refreshing to see is that a lot of fans aren't buying what Kishi's selling either. The most common responses I've read about the movie so far are that it doesn't really support the plot of the manga and "where is the real Naruto?". While I've seen some critics say it's a decent romance movie, they almost always mention that it's a complete change up of the original story.

Edited by BlackBird19, 13 December 2014 - 01:32 AM.

#12 ThroughWithLove

ThroughWithLove

Illustrious Tap Dancer

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

If that's what Kishi meant by midway, I suppose his comment makes a little more sense, but the contradiction still remains in the sense that his justification for putting Naruto with Hinata is equally applicable to a justification that puts Naruto with Sakura. The only difference being that he'd be pitying the main character instead of a side character.

Posted Image

#13 Aizen-Sama

Aizen-Sama

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:48 AM

Naruto was considered more of a prize than Sakura since he's the main character. Whichever girl loves him the most will get the D. In other stories this is opposite: whichever girl the MC desires the most will get the D but apparently Kishimoto's isn't one of them.

#14 questdrivencollie

questdrivencollie

trainer of ninja hounds

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,735 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, anime & manga, animals, dog training & behavior

"If I stumble, take a tumble
    Go ahead serve me another
    And if I fall I’ll give it my all
    ‘Cause the fall is half the fight "

Posted 13 December 2014 - 03:58 AM

TBH, Kishimoto's reasoning in "she always supported him" sounds exactly like what the NH fandom has been saying for years, in more or less words. Not mentioning them out of malice, but just saying that we were combating this argument long before the end came up. It never made sense to me, and it still doesn't. 

But I have to wonder if they decided to go with this reasoning because what to them appeared to be the largest fandom kept saying so loudly. "Well, that's what the fandom wants...let's go for it, then. Do all the retconning we need to to make this fact."

Edited by questdrivencollie, 13 December 2014 - 04:00 AM.

tumblr_inline_nt19in1cWl1sat1vz_540_zpsd
"Don't ever turn me loose
Even when I turn my back"
~Relient K

#15 Tiller

Tiller

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:51 AM

Sad thing is at this point he's just gonna say "red herring", because he seemingly doesn't understand that principles behind a red herring. lol

#16 archangel

archangel

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:22 AM

If that's what Kishi meant by midway, I suppose his comment makes a little more sense, but the contradiction still remains in the sense that his justification for putting Naruto with Hinata is equally applicable to a justification that puts Naruto with Sakura. The only difference being that he'd be pitying the main character instead of a side character.

My problem with this theory:  Can we call what Hinata felt for Naruto Love? To me, she stalk him. Compare to Sakura or any other kid, she knew he was bullied, that he was in difficulty but just wasn't act to at least give him support or anything in the manga canon. Sakura (12 years) was a jerk to him, granted, but so does any kids because they didn't know about him and their parent told them not to hang around him. Naruto did prank and could have been seen as a bad influence back then, which justify what their parent told them. Hinata was the only character who could have seen and help him however, even if it were not publicly but she didn't, which to me means she somehow selfish in her "love vision" and more cruel in a way more than the other kid, because she had knowledge of how Naruto truly felt. When Sakura got a reality check from Sasuke, once she got the knowledge, she begin to be nicer to Naruto and got closer to him, for real.

Plus Naruto had feeling for Sakura from the start and she begin to develop some for him too. My problem with this whole situation is that they destroy all that just for a recton to make NH canon. You give the motto of never give up to your main character too. You see how far he was going for Sasuke by the end and how he never give up on him. He was like 1 good conversation away to be with Sakura and he just give up on her, because all his love for her wasn't real, but to RIVAL SASUKE. REALLY?? Sasuke, who got attention from Karin, Ino and every girls in the manga. If it was for that, why Naruto only go after Sakura then? Only plausible explanation for that theory to work would be if  Sasuke love Sakura, but that  clearly wasn't the case so, that point make no sense).

And at last, that panel http://www.mangaread...hapter-450.html

See Hinata, she smile, showing that she can go on living without Naruto if he ended up with Sakura.. After all her years of stalking, she should know Naruto feeling for Sakura and not once did she care. Naruto on the other end always take Sakura's feeling into account (POALF). 

I cannot believe that Kishi planned Naruto to be with Hinata and never develop on it at all, if it was plan for so long. Naruto never felt love for Hinata until the movie, so why was is so much plan then?

Edited by archangel, 19 May 2015 - 12:18 AM.

#17 Jio Freed

Jio Freed

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:24 AM

To be fair he could have just forgotten about it due to massive brain damage after all they did drop several truck loads of money on him
His brother atleast knew how to do NS right

[img=http://oi58.tinypic.com/11qntsj.jpg[/img]

#18 Narufan85

Narufan85

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:59 PM

Also, how could they be child's friends if the manga explicitly stated that he had none growing up? Retcons and contradictions.

#19 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

He didn't forget, He just sold out. Plain and Simple. What ever the reasons, whatever the BELIEVABLE justification, (if there is any) He sold out, that is the only explanation for anything. Anything about anyone deserving love is bulls**t, as that's not what love is about. Love is about bonding over your experiences. All the fights, all the laughs and sorrows, plus anything else but still staying together through thick and thin.

Does SS have that with their one sided crush, and BARE MINIMUM development in part I which was blown to pieces in part II? Did NH have that with their one sided crush as well, plus two to three lines small talk at most? You don't even see Naruto or Hinata going out of their way to interact with each other, what does that say? Does Hinata show support for Naruto's goals and dreams or his inner tumoil about Sasuke? All their talk ever amounts to is just tell each other "to do their best and that is enough". Does Sasuke show any emotional support to Sakura even when they were teammates? Really all this amounts to is just wish fulfillment about holding on to a first crush and wallowing in self pity and uselessly hoping for it to work out in the end without truly bonding with the person in the first place. If that is the message that was portrayed then I see no point of a story, and it cannot be called romance, just label it as the most convoluted fairy tale bs.  

Edited by Phantom_999, 15 December 2014 - 01:20 PM.

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users