35 replies to this topic

#21 Inferno180

Inferno180

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,480 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

NaruSasu exists, its just well, a brotherhood and rival relation. Naruto feels about Sasuke like that anyways, Sasuke just thinks of Naruto as annoying and his obstacle, the only one in the way of his revenge.

They are not gay, this is not a yoai pairing as much as some (creepy) people wish it was, its a friendship, remember friendship is different in Japan than here in stupid America. Naruto sees Sasuke like a brother and his best friend, the pain and similarities they share. If anything Naruto still wants Sasuke's acknowledgement even when the time comes to fight. Sasuke may acknowledge naruto when he fights him most likely to get the answer he wants.

The 2 times they kissed was just plain simple humor (one time in the canon, one time in the filler when they were stuck together). It was just a harmless joke that make all of this craziness start. Anyways Naruto is only seeing Sasuke as a brother again, Sasuke is his family like team 7, Naruto does not want to lose that, its that simple of a relationship. In the series Naruto tries to bring Sasuke back and later understands his reasons and motives which leads him to strengthen his resolve for bringing him back. This all ties and goes alongside the promise Naruto made to Sakura. Sasuke is the ultimate goal for Naruto, to protect his family, bonds, village, dreams, etc. With Sasuke back Naruto would finally consider himself worthy of Hokage and confessing to Sakura. The promise represents unity for team 7 for these reasons, Sakura may still love Sasuke and this could change but she wants the "family" back too because of what she felt the same way with Sasuke leaving like Naruto (both were hurt by this) and wanted to help Naruto in this goal to protect the same bond (even though Naruto had a stronger brotherhood case relation, Sakura had it in a similar way with both of them mainly out of being a team and Naruto inspiring her which resulted in her becoming better and more determined in her own right).

When people insult my OTP

Insulting a man’s ship, be worse than insulting his mother.

#22 luffyq1

luffyq1

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,371 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

Kishi has proven time and time again that Naruto is too straight.

Untitled_zpsbc671263.png

#23 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (redragon88 @ Feb 19 2013, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@xxRomanceGirlxx

Some people are under that believe that the SasuSaku bond is just as strong and significant as the NaruSasu bond, and that's why they ship it.

Or maybe they just convince themselves that the SasuSaku bond is just as strong because of their desire to see them get together. As for why they want them together, that's up to each person to decide.

Funny, I thought the opposite as in "If NaruSasu is a strong bond, that means NaruSaku is strong as well." After all, this is about, ahem, Naruto.

#24 Weltall

Weltall

Rookie

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

NaruSasu ? the main reason this manga went down the drain and Naruto became such a pathetic character, it's completely stupid forced and makes no sense. People here complains about Hinata's obsession with Naruto but Naruto's obsession with Sasuke is far worse and at least Hinata is obsessed with a good guy while Naruto is obsessed with a dude that tried to kill him multiple times, tried to kill his mentor, the girl he loves and who wants to destroy his village and everything Naruto holds dear, deep bond my ass. It's just terrible writing and not too far away from SS it's just that SS doesn't have the plot on his side or beautiful covers to mask the crap it is.

#25 Candleguy

Candleguy

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

The way I see it

SN is not romantic, there is no conflict with NaruSaku

SN is practically the main plot, I've got some problems with the plot as I've got some problems with SN

I don't like Sasuke, so that's always going to be an obstacle for me

#26 Jenskott

Jenskott

Summoning Master

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Interests:Comic-books: Superman, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Batman, X-Men...
    Manga/anime: Ranma 1/2, Saint Seiya, Kimagure Orange Road, Fist of North Star, Touch, City Hunter, Rurouni Kenshin, Mazinger Z, Devilman, Cutey Honey, Daimos, Space Battleship Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gundam, Bubblegum Crisis, Lone wolf and Cub, Naruto...
    Cartoons: Ninja Turtles, The Transformers, Thundercats, G. I. Joe, The Real ghostbusters, He-Man, SilverHawks, Batman TAS, Avatar...
    Videogames: Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, King of Fighters, Earthbound, Golden Sun, Castlevania, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Kid Icarus, Final Fantasy, Sonic, Alex Kid, Golden Axe, Phantasy Star, Shining Force, Panzer Dragoon, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Crash Bandicoot, Medievil, Dragon Quest, Secret of Mana, Terranigma...
    Movies: Riders of Lost Ark, The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Ghostbusters, Highlander, Robocop, Return to Oz, Conan the Barbarian, The Goonies...
    Books: The Lord of the Rings, The Neverending Story, The Wizard of Oz, Dracula, Treasure's Island, Journey to the Center of Earth, The Black Arrow, Alice in Wonderland...

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

I know I'm too fast for a newbie. But the forum just seems sleepy to me!

What do you think about SasuNaru? We're all SasuSaku and NaruHina haters here. Because they're our hetero rivals. What about a yaoi one?

Please, allow me corrrect an assumption you seem being making here. I am not sure where you got from that we are all SS and NH haters. I can not speak for someone else, but I hate neither. I find them unappealing, uninteresting and I do not think they are canon. That is all.

And there are several members ship NS as well as NH/SS, or are not NS shippers but come over there to talk with other Naruto fans.

Now, regarding your question... I think Naruto and Sasuke have the classic heated and convoluted love-hate relationship between main character and rival/main antagonist/best friend/second-in-command you can find in all kind of mangas and anime shows. That kind of relationship is a very old trope and in anime it goes all the way back to Mark/Jason from Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets or Eagle Riders in USA), or even further back. In American comic-books you can find it in team books as soon as Fantastic Four in 1961.

That kind of relationships use to be complex but most of time they don't imply romantic or sexual feelings of any sorts.

And I am not a SN shipper. Their relationship is friendship mixed with rivalry and ruined by Sasuke's impossibility to relinquish his hatred and resentment and make and keep new bonds. And since this is a shonen manga, you will see nothing romantic between them.

1. Fake confession.

I have not interest in reopening this particular debate, but in an interview (Jump Fest 2009, I think. NH and SS shippers tried to spread a distorted and fake translation, though) someone said Sakura had lied to Naruto and used his feelings for her and Kishimoto replied on the contrary, he thought he had portrayed her like a determined and honest girl.

So there you have it. You can argue about the author failing in conveying a scene properly for you, but you can't argue author intent. And the author denied she was lying and he told he wanted to portray her like someone honest. Hence, no fake confession.

And that is all what I am going to tell on this subject.

And about the SasuNaru impossibility... I do believe Kishimoto once shipped them.

Kishimoto never shipped them.

Every time a yaoi fan claims he told he shipped them, and some request a source (links to fandom discussions on a yaoi forum SWEARING Kishimoto TOTALLY said that not being a valid, legit source), the yaoi fan never provides with one.

Kishimoto seems so gay to me.

Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, but Kishimoto is happily married to a woman and they have two children. He even told he asked his wife how her pregnancy felt to make the Kushina's delivery scenes more realistic.

The kiss scene is enought for SasuNaru I think.

You are aware of that was a purely comedic scene, and it implied nothing, aren't you? And both were retching afterwards.

Not that it must stop you from SN shipping, but that scene does not work to claim SN is canon.

super-robot-wars-poster.jpg

Do you want to take over the world, huh? Well, you'll have to go through us first!

#27 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (gawe @ Feb 19 2013, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know I'm too fast for a newbie. But the forum just seems sleepy to me!

What do you think about SasuNaru? We're all SasuSaku and NaruHina haters here. Because they're our hetero rivals. What about a yaoi one?

For me, I just love yaoi. And I don't expect SasuNaru for an anime ending. But it's better than SS and NH I think.

Eh Not a bad pairing at all, but I'd see it as more of a brotherhood. smile.gif I personlly really like Brotherhoods. smile.gif

3fbe3276d61acb2079b56cd2212a341c14963200

#28 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

For yaoi pairing, I don't ship SN. I like SaiNaru more.

#29 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

SaiNaru? tongue.gif 111191.gif NICE CALL!!!

#30 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

Another SaiNaru fan, eh? 111191.gif
And that's because of his support to our beloved NS pairing and Sai's ***** jokes.

#31 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Dαrkrєrsŧ @ Feb 19 2013, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My reaction exactly !
Yaoi..no...just no!!!

QUOTE (luffyq1 @ Feb 20 2013, 07:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kishi has proven time and time again that Naruto is too straight.

Yes hm.png fans should stop shipping naruto with other men. Naruto is straight, sasuke however.....

Edited by candycane-chan, 25 February 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#32 Tokura Misaki

Tokura Misaki

左京さん最推し❤

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (PhenixElite @ Feb 20 2013, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke is one of the characters i dislike the most. If he needs to end with somebody i guess it will be karin.

Same here. When Karin was introduced, I started to ship SK even though I hate him since the beginning.

#33 candycane-chan

candycane-chan

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (sakutonaru @ Feb 25 2013, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here. When Karin was introduced, I started to ship SK even though I hate him since the beginning.

Am I the only one who prefers sasuke over karin ? laugh.gif

#34 xxRomanceGirlxx

xxRomanceGirlxx

Missing-nin

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Debating, Anime/Manga (Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Hetalia etc.), TV shows, Shipping
    Dislikes: Bashing, Double standards, Hypocrisy, NaruHina, SasuSaku, SasuKarin
    OTPs: NaruSaku (Naruto), Bangel (BtVS), InuKag (Inuyasha), LeafpoolxCrowfeather (Warriors), Percabeth (PJS), Kataang (AtLA)

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (candycane-chan @ Feb 25 2013, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I the only one who prefers sasuke over karin ? laugh.gif

You're not alone. Sasuke's one of my favorite characters, I just have a love/hate for him. I really like Karin though! smile.gif

"I absolutely can't let you die! I can't! I won't let you die ... your stupid dream ... now it's ... it's right in front of us!!"                                                                             ----Sakura Haruno                                                                              

#35 Phantom_999

Phantom_999

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,982 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

No, He's married. Wife and two kids (so far). doesn't talk about his personal life too much

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users