100 replies to this topic

#1 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

I have waited and waited... WHEN IT COMES OUT?!

Made by Vongola10th

"Someone shoot me..." - Kyon, cheerful as always

#2 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:18 PM

No airtime was announced. sad.gif There's rumours that it's based on The Vanishment of Haruhi Suzumiya (due to the exact time/date the promotional website was taken offline), and that's all we know.

Here's hoping we get it this year! Apparently, they have the copyright for animating it from 2007 'til Spring 2009. Maybe we'll hear something this Spring?

#3 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:48 AM

TOTALLY RICKROLL'D ME WITH THE TITLE DOOD. NOT COOL. arg.gif

XDDD gah.

and what Smitey ses is true, we don't know an exact airdate. Heck, i'm not even sure why the news of a second season keeps on being a rollercoaster of spazz. D:

btw the only thing that comes to mind about the second season is their live-action promo that aired a while back D:

part 1 -
part 2 -
part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOsElb73mCs
part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMW5sIe0C5k

*beware it takes about 20-40 minutes of your life away*

*then results in you being angryfais'd and having no way to vent because really, it's the creators faults and they live too far to threaten ):*

and holy crapola, i didn't know this--
New Haruhi Suzumiya Anime Series Details Revealed
posted on 2007-12-17 23:16 EST
Project reworked from previously announced second season

The official Japanese website for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya television anime series has announced further details about the franchise's next anime project. In the spirit of the first anime series and the Haruhi Suzumiya science fiction comedy light novels that spawned the franchise, the announcement was made in a roundabout, cryptic manner.

On Tuesday, the site "disappeared" and began displaying a false error message that read, "The page cannot be found." A second message then appears over the first message; it states that a computer program is starting up and prompts the user for a password. If the user enters "K," "N," "S," "A," and "K" (the initials of the family names of the members of SOS brigade, the main characters in the series) into the password fields and selects the radio button to the right, a fake xterm terminal session opens. A series of messages from "YUKI.N" confirms that the key to the "emergency escape program" has been found and asks for a final confirmation before starting the program. If the user hits the enter key, a new page opens that shows the character Yuki and lists the production credits of the new series.

The page reveals that the previously announced second anime season of Haruhi Suzumiya has been "cancelled" and replaced with a new animation project. Yasuhiro Takemoto (Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, Lucky Star) will direct the new project, and Kyoto Animation will still be animating as it did for the first anime project. As in the previous anime project, the fictional "leader" of the new anime project is the character Haruhi Suzumiya herself. The "disappearance" of the website on December 18 at 4:00 a.m. (Japan Standard Time) is a reference to the pivotal date in The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, the fourth volume in the light novel series and an apparent indication of which novel plot the new anime project will adapt. Bandai Entertainment finished its English-language release of the first anime project in November.

source -> http://www.animenews...etails-revealed

i suddenly am very attracted to the creators after reading all this.

seriously this series rawks so hard.

#4 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

Wait mellow.gif

They cancelled the 2th season and make a new series instead? im gettimg worried...

Made by Vongola10th

#5 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (Dormin @ Jan 24 2009, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They cancelled the 2th season and make a new series instead? im gettimg worried...

NOPE. if ya read the article i included you can practically smell the obvious clues that the creators did the whole "yuki message" intentionally to play with their fans' minds XDDD

that and c'mon, the leader in charge of the project is "Ultra Director: Haruhi Suzumiya" herself -- that's gotta tip you off that it's gonna be the same series 8Db

here's the message:

CODE

YUKI.N> About Haruhi Suzumiya 2nd Season: It is correct, it is "cancelled" and replaced by a new project.

YUKI.N> It will contain the plot of the 4th light novel, "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya".

YUKI.N> If my expectations are correct, "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody", a short story from the 3rd novel,
"The Boredom of Haruhi", will be contained.

YUKI.N> The story "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" is crucial for later events in "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya".

YUKI.N> The website below contains further details on the subject:
http://www.animenews...etails-revealed

The side is also linked in the description.

^ which is the message from Yuki if ya didn't wanna wait 20 seconds XP

anyway, like smitey mentioned it was agreed that 2009 was a good date to look out for-- so that's the only thing to do right now =/

*BAWS WITH YOU*

#6 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

DARN YOU HARUHI! rawr.gif

Always messing with my head! even in real life!

Damn I can't wait for this series to continue! I am acting like a virus now, every dude that I make him watch this series goes on like this:

First episode: Dude, wtf? this series is the most idotic thing I ever saw.

Sec episode: huh.gif "5 min later" 111189.gif

Third episode and onwards: DUDE! WE SHOULD LIKE, TOTALY MAKE OUR OWN S.O.S BRIGADE!

Next thing you know it, my entire base is on a Haruhi craze, dancing around and making girls dress like bunny girls.
That is until my commender told us to scarw around with this "Japo crap" or he will throw us to jail arg.gif

Made by Vongola10th

#7 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:33 PM

Waiting for the second season too.

Until then, Haruhi light novels to read and I have season 1 on DVD.

I remember our robotics club in high school. Reminded me of the S.O.S. brigade with random useless activities until the time period we had to build a robot, like the brigade did their film. Kinda sad I'm like Kyon when it comes to doing things but at least there was no Haruhi bossing me around; but unfortunately there was no Asahina-chan.

Edited by roninmedia, 25 January 2009 - 01:37 PM.

#8 Juujuu

Juujuu

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Interests:God, art, literature, music, anime, romance, internet, friends

Posted 27 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

Yeah, it's been a complicated waiting period. Hope to hear more about it soon though. :/
"Balthier is Sexy" Fangirl Army - SECOND IN COMMAND JUUJUU!

#9 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:02 AM

I can't wait for it either.

uc.png

#10 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:47 AM

Well KyoAni is releasing K-On! for their spring anime in April

Girls starting a band with tons of ~moe~

Also you'll find out more info around February.
New information of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2" will be announced in the March issue of Newtype magazine to be released in February (probably 9th or 10th). The preview of the next issue says "If you want the info of the new Haruhi anime, read the March issue of NewType. That's all. (This time, we mean the bigger Haruhi.)"
Source: Scan of Newtype Feb issue
Link

You'll have to wait a few weeks to find out more info on Haruhi 2.

I'm still waiting on FMP season 3 and that looks to never be made >:

#11 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:15 AM

Well since KyoAni are doing Munto at the moment and K-On in April, Haruhi S2 wont be out until july at the absolute earliest most likely. Personally I'd prefer more FMP, but the chances of KyoAni doing that are slim to none, too many Haruhi/LS fanboys/fangirls, even when Chidori and Tessa are way hotter .

#12 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts
  • Interests:Animanga, Art, Books, Gaming, Web Design.(Yes, I am a geek and proud of it)

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:09 PM

I know! I also want more FMA! Hmm, I never did finish reading that novel, the one where Sousuke finds himself completely alone with no support. Maybe I should try to find that translator's website again.

At least it's good news that we'll hear something about the new season of Haruhi next month. smile.gif

#13 Nick Soapdish

Nick Soapdish

Holding my breath

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 06:01 AM

Well, I'm a bit less impatient about the second season than the rest of you guys. I guess that's one (maybe the only one) advantage of just getting into it about a week ago. biggrin.gif

#14 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:19 AM

Haruhi Suzumiya TV Anime Reportedly to Relaunch in April!

Source
A television advertisement for the March issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine has reportedly revealed that the "true" relaunch of the Haruhi Suzumiya anime series will premiere on television in April. The March issue will ship on February 10, and the television advertisement can been viewed for now on Nico Nico Douga website. (Nico Nico requires viewers to register in Japanese.)

According to the cover, the magazine will detail the staff and story of the new anime project based on Nagaru Tanigawa and Noizi Ito's Haruhi Suzumiya light novels. The issue will also have an interview with "Brigade Leader's Assistant" Yasuhiro Takemoto. Takemoto was an episode director on the first television series, while the Haruhi Suzumiya character is the fictional "brigade leader" of the franchise.

Tanigawa wrote the original light novels about an eccentric, assertive girl who creates her own school club ("S.O.S. Brigade") to plan and execute her strange antics. America's Little, Brown Books for Young Readers will publish the light novels in English starting this April, while Yen Press is publishing Gaku Tsugano's manga version. The first television anime series aired in Japan in 2006, and Bandai Entertainment released it in North America in 2007.

Since the first series, the creators have been dropping hints about more anime projects. One of the first indications came in a cryptic December 2007 website update that listed Takemoto as the director of a new project and hinted at a story based on the fourth light novel, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Another web update last May relisted Takemoto as the "brigade leader's assistant."

Two spinoff manga, Puyo's Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yūutsu four-panel gag manga and Eretto's Nyorōn Churuya-san parody manga, are being adapted into web anime that will premiere on February 13.

Source: 2ch

Rejoice Haruhi fans; after waiting so long, April is your time.

#15 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 4 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haruhi Suzumiya TV Anime Reportedly to Relaunch in April!

Source

Rejoice Haruhi fans; after waiting so long, April is your time.

Damnit True, you are now officially known as the bringer of bad news to me tongue.gif

#16 Smiter

Smiter

... WHAT?

• Kage
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

April! Huzzah! biggrin.gif

I find this very interesting:

QUOTE (True)
America's Little, Brown Books for Young Readers will publish the light novels in English starting this April

The Haruhi Suzumiya novels published in English? Hopefully they'll pop up on Amazon!

#17 Dormin

Dormin

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 07:01 PM

True, you are my fav pearson in the world now...

HUZZAA!

Made by Vongola10th

#18 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

I'm sure Rick is rofling really hard right now but...

Warning...serious stuff... --Click here to view--
Kadokawa Shoten Animation answered to J-Cast New's interview that the T.V. anime of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" to be aired on April is the rerun of the first season.

Source

Update 2: The J-Cast News website reports that it contacted a public relations representative from the Kadokawa Shoten Animation Group, and the representative said the group is absolutely not making an announcement now. On the topic of the April television debut, the representative reportedly said, "It is a rebroadcast. It is broadcasting mainly on Teletama and other UHF stations." Thanks, Tofusensei.
Source
I have no words to say....

KyoAni = God level trolls.

The rage across the anime fandom is incredible. Sorry for giving false info guys, but I got punk'd! Damn KyoAni sad.gif

#19 FullmetalNinja25

FullmetalNinja25

I'm The Alchemist.

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,103 posts
  • Interests:Manga, Anime, Video Games, Comic Books, Wrestling, Movies, Doctor Who and all sorts of stuff.

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 4 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Source

Source

The rage across the anime fandom is incredible. Sorry for giving false info guys, but I got punk'd! Damn KyoAni sad.gif

Boooooooooooo! rawr.gif

uc.png

#20 Rick (Bonta-kun)

Rick (Bonta-kun)

FUMOFFU!

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (True @ Feb 5 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Source

Source

Holy crap, I stand corrected, you are actually the bringer of good news tongue.gif

Great Troll KyoAni, you guys deserve my respect, absolutely brilliant troll.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users