Photo

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:24 AM

Just caught up and damn this series is total win and epic. It's awesome.

#22 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (Aethos @ Sep 19 2007, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just caught up and damn this series is total win and epic. It's awesome.

Welcome to the club:

Shame there's only 2 episodes left...

#23 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:04 AM

I think I just had a GARgasm from the amount of GAR in episode 26.

I've seen GARhalla and it is good.

#24 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

Ah, so I'm not the only one to have seen the awesomeness that is Gurren Lagann. I did hear rumours about a series of OVAs, though, so it remains to be seen if they're needed to tie the story together, or if they're just pointless additions.

#25 Guest_Aethos_*

Guest_Aethos_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2007 - 10:17 AM

That would be awesome blayze though season 2 and a movie would also be good.

#26 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts
  • Interests:Anime/manga, Music, Books, Animals (veterinary medicine), Scuba Diving

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Blayze @ Sep 23 2007, 07:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah, so I'm not the only one to have seen the awesomeness that is Gurren Lagann. I did hear rumours about a series of OVAs, though, so it remains to be seen if they're needed to tie the story together, or if they're just pointless additions.

The producers have said that Simon's story will be over - so if there were more episodes, they'd probably revolve around (a) different character(s). I'm sure the pile of $$$$$ from the DVD and merchandise sales could help nudge them into making OVAs or a movie or whatever

#27 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:02 PM

In that case, I can think of only two possibilities for a continuation:-

1) The obligatory sequel with a new generation, etc.

2) A step back in time, concentrating on

the schism and on the Spiral Knights.

#28 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:52 AM

:shamefulcry0js:

It's over...

One the best series I've ever seen. Ending was bittersweet, but still fit so well with the rest of the show.

#29 Blayze

Blayze

Godaime|Erokage-sama

• Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 11:07 PM

Sometimes, you come across a certain thing that exceeds all of your expectations. Gurren Lagann did not exceed my expectations.

It drilled its way right through them.

#30 Jun-sama

Jun-sama

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:06 PM

guess so...

I agree with most of the above, save for the fact....

Nia died, at her own wedding nonetheless.

Now, I get it that at her final moments, she was truely free and happy, and hse chose to cut her lifespan even to destroy the anti-spirals, she being one too. But damn it...a bit of me was hoping for a really good end this time.

I see that some people think this sending is good, and I agree generally, but it is really not to my tastes.

If anime endings were food, it would have been something like blue cheese to me. Oddly appropriate, yet not to my tastes at all.

Now, I'm going to watch erementar gerad or karin or midori no hibi or eureka seven something with a happy ending more to my tastes.

Maybe to or three days of this treatment will help me out of my depression.

#31 Dash

Dash

Jetsetter

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 04:42 PM

What a great way to revive this thread:

http://www.telegraph...11/nflag111.xml

The short version? A UK paper invited readers to submit designs for The Union Jack [flag], after it was suggested it should be redesigned and combined with the Welsh flag to represent Wales's "true place in the Union". Thanks to the all-mighty power of the internet (and 2chan), behold the contest winner

The Norwegian designer, who wishes to remain anonymous, said he intended the flag to represent the union of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland in a modern, cool light.

The dragon itself was inspired by a Japanese anime television series.

"It represents shouting "UNION!" and joining together; kicking reason to the curb and doing the impossible; fighting the power, and piercing the heavens," he said

#32 roninmedia

roninmedia

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 06:32 PM

Can someone please tell me Gainax did not flub the ending of the series? Gainax seems to have a habit of endings that seem to endear half and alienate the rest.

#33 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:47 AM

The best anime ever! Sorta disappointing at the end. Ah I wished Kamina wouldn't of died, ah well.

The only thing that I noticed is that whenever someone kisses a person, one of them dies. O_o
I am still pinky-ash

#34 SakuNaruLover

SakuNaruLover

Don't fear the darkness

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Interests:Hobbies: Gaming, reading manga, watching anime, playing games, reading fanfics, writing fanfics and my own stories, talking with my friends.<br /><br />Manga: <br />-naruto <br />-bleach<br />-clannad<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br /><br />Anime: <br />-naruto<br />-naruto shippuden<br />-bleach <br />-shakugan no shana<br />-shakugan no shana second<br />-clannad<br />-kanon<br />-air<br />-zero no tsukaima<br />-fullmetal alchemist<br />-code geass<br />-code geass r2<br />-gundam wing<br />-gundam 00<br />-melancholy of suzumiya haruhi<br />-hayate no gotoku

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

I've seen a few episodes of this anime and I have to say that it looks pretty good happy.gif
I am neither good nor evil, I am awake yet I dream

#35 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 06 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

@Ashley: Kiss of death perhaps? tongue.gif

Anyway, I find Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann to be a decent anime, but nothing more. The fights just strike me as too Dragonball-ish, what with the constant new combinations. Plus the fact that they were throwing around galaxies and stuff in a mecha fight. But, aside from that, I like it fine.

#36 Zero BD

Zero BD

nishishishi

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Interests:Mostly drawing, playing games and watching anime. Normal things, I think.

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:38 AM

It's Gainax for crying out loud! Its weird, its confusing at times, its just plain awesome!

why yes. that is my adorable sister hugging a dakimura. got a problem?

#37 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Interests:I am the bone of my Anime<br /><br />Marathoning is my body, and coffee is my blood<br /><br />I have watched over a thousand series<br /><br />Unknown to sleep<br /><br />Nor known to society<br /><br />Have withstood migraines to watch many episodes<br /><br />Waiting for the new season's arrival<br /><br />I have no regrets, this is the only path<br /><br />My whole life was Unlimited Anime Works

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:11 AM

I reckon TTGL wasn't very confusing at all. But yes, it was rather strange.

#38 Ashley

Ashley

JUST KEEP MOVING FORWARD

• Summoning Master
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Manga, Otakus, Video games, It's a Trap!, Colorguard, Cartoons, Epic Fail Guy, Ace Attorney, Professor Layton, Ouendan, Vocaloid, drawing, Gainax, shojo, shounen, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, pairings, anime figures(Otaku desires?), movies, Tegaki, South Park, Hikaru Utada, etc.

Posted 11 January 2008 - 07:52 AM

*cough*Yoko's kiss of death*cough*

And yet she was still my favorite character in the series.
I am still pinky-ash

#39 BlackLightning

BlackLightning

What? I like it.

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,191 posts
  • Interests:Anime, Computer games, fanfics, Soccer, Watching TV, others that I don't remember

Posted 12 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

The series is good, although I still can't grasp hiw Nia and Simon fall in love just in 3 Episodes

Love is not about admiring the strength or perfection of the person but to fully accept their shortcoming and weakness. - Me

Dragcave: (Mine and a Certain cat's): http://dragcave.net/user/MelisaArtemis

#40 Tohno Shiki

Tohno Shiki

Shota of Mistress

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 08:43 PM

Well...they didn't really fall in love that quickly. Just a mutual reliance on each other for comfort at first, which gradually turned into love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users