Close
Photo

Did you expect NH and SS to happen before the ending came out?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 rocci

rocci

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,708 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:24 PM

At times I felt like the pairings would end unresolved, with an open ending tbh.

Because in the end it was still just like in the beginning.
Naruto>Sakura
Sakura>Sasuke
Hinata>Naruto

It's a possibility for open ending, but with the highly emphasized of the generation I doubt it will happen.
Oneway or another a pair or some will happen and after that baby ending.

#42 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:33 PM

The bolded part is so true. The fact that the most meaningful lines in 699 and 700 came from Sasuke is really telling. We spent 698 chapters reading about Naruto's story and I feel like the last two chapters were more about resolving things for Sasuke.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

I felt like the ending was all about Sasuke! It was crazy - Naruto's role in the story just vanished. His resolution went to Hinata, and everything else was handed to Sasuke to wrap up. It's almost like Kishimoto forgot who the story was about!

#43 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:53 PM

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

I felt like the ending was all about Sasuke! It was crazy - Naruto's role in the story just vanished. His resolution went to Hinata, and everything else was handed to Sasuke to wrap up. It's almost like Kishimoto forgot who the story was about!

The moment Sasuke took some importance in the story, it started to be more about him and his stupid revenge than Naruto and his dreams. 

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#44 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:54 PM

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

Before I used to read the chapters twice to make sure I got everything from it and didn't miss anything, however with the last two chapters I only read once. And once was enough. So please correct me if I'm wrong but Naruto's last word and only word in his own manga ending was "Sakura-Chan", right?

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#45 hinataiscreepy

hinataiscreepy

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:17 PM

I predicted that Kishi would not be able to live up with this lie.

What happened at comic con are hints that he will eventually tell the truth in 5 to 10 years.

His wife probably knew what was the endgame and that's why she is upset.

#46 starlitestarbrite

starlitestarbrite

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:46 PM

Before I used to read the chapters twice to make sure I got everything from it and didn't miss anything, however with the last two chapters I only read once. And once was enough. So please correct me if I'm wrong but Naruto's last word and only word in his own manga ending was "Sakura-Chan", right?

"sakura-chan" and"thank you"

#47 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:57 PM

"sakura-chan" and"thank you"

Thanks. That's really sad and depressing. Never in my entire life have I ever seen anything like this. The main character was treated like trash.

Edited by Nostradamus, 01 November 2015 - 10:05 PM.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#48 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:19 PM

uh.. is that sarcasm?

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#49 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:29 PM

Yes. Specifically, he says "Thanks, Sakura-chan." Then Sasuke's narrative takes over. So it's bittersweet that his last words, as the character we knew him, were for her.

edit: Now that I think about it, he might have said a few words to Sasuke, when Sasuke was leaving. One of them makes a comment about things still be unresolved between the two of them. I can't remember who said it...and I'm not going back to reread it and find out. Because it doesn't matter - at that point he'd already changed into Not-Naruto.

So for me, his last words were a Thank You to Sakura-chan, which across the whole manga has always translated into a representation of a deep bond. And Hinata never got any of that. Nor Sasuke. Only Sakura and Naruto ever exchanged the phrase to each other. And for me, that's a perfect place to end it.

#50 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 11:02 PM

uh.. is that sarcasm?

No, just a fact from me (the way I used to read the chapters) and a question.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#51 Hanabi

Hanabi

絶対大丈夫だよ

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,592 posts
  • Interests:cardcaptor sakura!

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:38 AM

No, just a fact from me (the way I used to read the chapters) and a question.

yeah i get what you guys were talking about now

2UFqbUS.gif

I can't even say good bye to you for the last time

I'm sorry

#52 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:31 PM

Nope. Not at all.

This is all I got to say!

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 02 November 2015 - 12:33 PM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#53 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

To me the 615 was a bad, BAD, BAD sign… And I left everything Naruto related completely after that chapter (yes, Heaven and earth too) and then come back only at the end (too much stress). :twitch:

The Neji’s death was just absurd, wrong, hurried… Followed by a near total Hinata’s indifference (Naruto and his big warm HAND? Yeah, yeah, ‘hand’… :lmao:).

Such inept and brutal decision (in HALF chapter)… Why? Why not two, three, chapters? :cry:

To prevent the Japanese fans’ reaction and their possible plea for his savety. THIS IS THE REASON. :down:

And when Kishimoto says: “Neji is dead for Naruhina” that doesn't mean because “Naruto and Hinata could get close” but it means because “the more popular Japanese Hinata pairing (NejiHina) died with Neji”. :smack:

And we want to speak about Naruto’s awful words to Hinata and the poor Sakura's reaction? :facepalm:

At that point, given the fickleness of Naruto’s feelings, why would she give up her feeling for Sasuke? On what basis? :bash:

In the end his love was only a lie. :sad:

Or, more, EVERYTHING was only a lie. :zaru:

Edited by Niky, 02 November 2015 - 12:49 PM.

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#54 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:57 PM

To me the 615 was a bad, BAD, BAD sign And I left everything Naruto related completely after that chapter (yes, Heaven and earth too) and then come back only at the end (too much stress). :twitch:

The Nejis death was just absurd, wrong, hurried Followed by a near total Hinatas indifference (Naruto and his big warm HAND? Yeah, yeah, hand :lmao:).

Such inept and brutal decision (in HALF chapter) Why? Why not two, three, chapters? :cry:

To prevent the Japanese fans reaction and their possible plea for his savety. THIS IS THE REASON. :down:

And when Kishimoto says: Neji is dead for Naruhina that doesn't mean because Naruto and Hinata could get close but it means because the more popular Japanese Hinata pairing (NejiHina) died with Neji. :smack:

And we want to speak about Narutos awful words to Hinata and the poor Sakura's reaction? :facepalm:

At that point, given the fickleness of Narutos feelings, why would she give up her feeling for Sasuke? On what basis? :bash:

There there....it's all okay now since none of it really matters anymore

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#55 Niky

Niky

Chakra Tree Climber

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

There there....it's all okay now since none of it really matters anymore

Ah Ah Ah... Sorry... :sweat:

I've been reliving the BAD old days... :sweatdrop:

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”

G. K. Chesterton

tumblr_o3tosabkSm1untbo7o4_r2_250.gif

Their first encounter...

#56 narusaku256

narusaku256

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,974 posts
  • Interests:Everything :D

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:35 PM

Ah Ah Ah... Sorry... :sweat:
I've been reliving the BAD old days... :sweatdrop:

There's nothing there but headache! People can have their nonsensical pairing drama whereas we remain content with NS :sweat: NS will live on!

tumblr_nokgzxLJ4A1ts94lmo1_500.gif

#57 ichigo500

ichigo500

Ichigo gunyu

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:07 PM

So please correct me if I'm wrong but Naruto's last word and only word in his own manga ending was "Sakura-Chan", right?

Nupe his last words were "I'm returning you this" to Sasuke. But he said nothing between the moment he said that and the one when he thanked Sakura-chan.

tumblr_nq5cp7mpWa1t4u7tdo1_500.gif

:love: Kiss Kiss Fall in love  :love: 

My tumblr

#58 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

To me the 615 was a bad, BAD, BAD sign… And I left everything Naruto related completely after that chapter (yes, Heaven and earth too) and then come back only at the end (too much stress). :twitch:

The Neji’s death was just absurd, wrong, hurried… Followed by a near total Hinata’s indifference (Naruto and his big warm HAND? Yeah, yeah, ‘hand’… :lmao:).

Such inept and brutal decision (in HALF chapter)… Why? Why not two, three, chapters? :cry:

To prevent the Japanese fans’ reaction and their possible plea for his savety. THIS IS THE REASON. :down:

And when Kishimoto says: “Neji is dead for Naruhina” that doesn't mean because “Naruto and Hinata could get close” but it means because “the more popular Japanese Hinata pairing (NejiHina) died with Neji”. :smack:

And we want to speak about Naruto’s awful words to Hinata and the poor Sakura's reaction? :facepalm:

At that point, given the fickleness of Naruto’s feelings, why would she give up her feeling for Sasuke? On what basis? :bash:

I think the contrast between 615 and the ending is great tbh. It just proves that we're right. There is a retcon, and we're not complaining because of our sunken ship.

In 615, a lot of us started wondering if NH may become a genuine thing and if Kishimoto had changed his mind. I felt sad and quite confused by why. I didn't even know what the word 'retcon' meant before the ending. So it ended, and it was just so clear that I was wrong at that tame, Kishi hated NH too. Our reaction to 615 and TL was vastly different, but they were both NH.

ナルサク

#59 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

Nupe his last words were "I'm returning you this" to Sasuke. But he said nothing between the moment he said that and the one when he thanked Sakura-chan.

I see. Still that's pathetic.

CZSn9hA.jpg

#60 MangaReader

MangaReader

I'm the Greatest Ever!!

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Drawing
    Animating
    Watching TV

Posted 02 November 2015 - 08:00 PM

I feel like anyone who might have expected it was lying this whole time about being apart of this fraction of the fandom

sad_naruto_sig_by_mangafreak17-d81c8fy.p

Even if I'm not the one to make you happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users