Close
Photo

What I Never Understood. Truth, Lies & Inconsistencies.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:18 PM

I remember I've read something along the line of this statement somewhere.

So he did say something along those lines.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#22 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:24 PM

I disagree with some of this. Looks cover some of this for some people, but Most legitimate discussions I've seen are complaints about Sakura's personality or actions or how she treated others, I.E., the 25% is the 90% more of comments, though I don't agree with most of them. How she might have thrived and shaken off some complaints with one good arc before the Chuunin Exams.

The generalization about what pulled in each gender though is a little problematic, I don't think either sweeping generalization is 100% accurate. Maybe we were interested initially for the action and story? At least speaking personally, and from what I've read from others, romance and drama is -not- why many of us got into Naruto. 

I also disagree with the Red Herrings and illogical pulls (You can't develop illogical pulls, they are out of nowhere by definition), being more developed than the pairings strongly however. 

Plus saying he pulled out the rug under us only works if no one predicted it. A lot of people called it. 

k

#23 sushi.

sushi.

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,071 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

k

It has just come to that point, really..

ナルサク

#24 gamma

gamma

夢のような ☁

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

It has just come to that point, really..

Arguing with her is like jumping into quicksand, so I rather not.

#25 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

Arguing with her is like jumping into quicksand, so I rather not.

More like going straight for a black hole. 

#26 My Living Curse

My Living Curse

MLC

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:R.I.P Naruto (1999-2009), NaruSaku (always), Bleach, FMA, SnK, Inuyasha, Classic CN, KH2, A:TLA, Classic Yugioh, 90s shows, Good Storytelling (surprise me)

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:42 PM

What i think is that Kishimoto made Sakura a real crush for the Protagonist, and he made clear points to why it wasn't because of rivarly. Let alone the fact that Sakura was the only girl Naruto had interest in is just prove enough.

Kishimoto then decided to retcon the constellation to play it down as some results of rivalry, which doesn't fit with his writing in the beginning of the manga.

That has nothing to do with "filling holes with mindset" or whatsoever. If Kishimoto displays Sakura as a real crush, then its a crush. If he retcons it at the end, well.. sad for him to damage his writing

I agree. The start of Part 2 Naruto thoroughly supports that fact and Kishimoto continued down along this path through the Tenchi bridge arc with the Yamato/Sakura talks, and after the Immortals Arc with the hospital/ramen scenes. Unfortunately It's at this point when Kishimoto's P.O box must have been piling up with hate letters and his editor setting up to leave once Sasuke got his MS. He did not have the support and guidance he once had so he gave in to the new demands.

When Yahagi was going to leave after the Tsunade Arc, he states he decided to stay. Most likely Kishimoto told him: "You've been with me this far, at least help me finish Naruto" and he agreed. Then when they were nearing the Itachi defeat/Pain Arc, Kishimoto probably tells him: "THEY (studio/Jump) want me to extend it. I'm gonna do it" To this Yahagi  disagrees to help him further and leaves him in the hands of other editors who were never part of the original Naruto team. 

Getting to the point: When a timeskip was decided and the plot for Part 2 Naruto was being devised, they created the following outlines. Main antagonist group will be the Akatsuki as various members of Konoha have unique battles with them. Okay, good so far. 

Sasuke's Main Goal: is to escape the clutches of Orochimaru (or kill him) and then kill Itachi fulfilling his role as an Avenger. At that point his only crime is leaving the village and in return he has killed Orochimaru and Itachi, both greatly wanted criminals, so his status is not as horrible as it becomes later on. 

Naruto's Main goal: is to slowly grow strong with the introduction of Chakra Nature and the Rasenshuriken and mature in personality. Sage Mode was meant to be the pinnacle of his power as that made him physically strong and boosted his healing regeneration. Super Saiyan glowy mode was not needed. He will have a final showdown with Pain, the leader and "God". Jiraiya was meant to die. Kakashi was meant to die. The village was meant to get destroyed. 

After this, Naruto would have the final fight with Sasuke where he either kills him or saves him. After that we queue a few more chapters to close in loose ends, queue the long awaited Hokage ceremony, a small timeskip if needed,and bam, Naruto ends as it was meant to.

hBDOYlD.jpg VSCZXXpm.jpg

First one actually stems from the anime/manga while second is a nice art representation of how it could have gone.

Unfortunately, the popularity was sky high at that point and money was padding wallets. So then we enter the contradictory mess of the 5 Kage arc and 4th War arc. 

1) Pain was never suppposed to bring anyone back to life. Everyone who died was meant to add to the emotions of Naruto and the reader as the final showdown begins. But since we gotta continue let's bring them back.

2) Naruto needs more power boosts so we enter Chakra mode, Tailed Beast Mode, and then 6 paths mode as he becomes Jesus.

3) Sasuke needs more power boosts so we enter the Susanoo that eventually become a 100 ft samurai. Oh and he gets the Rinnegan.

4) We need another villain, so lets take Tobi and make him the mastermind, Madara. Oops then we need Madara to make a flashy reveal so we bring the Edo Tensei and retcon Tobi into Obito. 

5) Then we need a part 3 series and a movie so lets replace Madara and bring in Kaguya.

See where I'm going with all this?  :confused:

Edit: apparently I accidently posted this on Naruto debate forums instead of here. I'm an idiot sometimes. Sorry!  :sweat:

Edited by My Living Curse, 21 September 2017 - 10:37 PM.

LfUZGEl.gif

Naruto on Obito: "He was the COOLEST guy..."  (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#27 T XD

T XD

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,778 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:22 PM

So he did say something along those lines.

Yup. I wish someone has the link.

#28 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

Kishimoto's post-ending  interviews are contradictory when he's not pressed. This interview that MoonStar posted reveals many obvious inconsistencies and turnarounds through the final arc of the Naruto manga that we always talk about when Kishimoto got pressed by Kobayashi.

He should have been more aware.

I hear that, man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users