35 replies to this topic

#1 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:37 AM

Wind spiraled through the tent flap, sand and dust carried with it, blowing hotly across a wide, slate grey brow. The old man barely noticed the slight discomfort of the heat, as he continued peering over the old tomes. Old, calloused fingers gently lifted the crumbling parchment and turned the page. His other hand went to the pipe held perilously between his lips, adjusting it as he took another relaxing puff. He closed his eyes, a brief respite from the hours of studying ancient texts, letting out a deep sigh, smoke mingling with his breath before lazily floating to the top of the tent. His eyes snapped back into focus, and he resumed poring over the weathered book.

They had set up this rushed camp two days ago. A week ago he had received the message from the Sharks. The same message undoubtably resonating across the world. He had rushed himself and his aids to the waters edge of the lake, sending a hurried message to his closest allies, the Octopi. A proud and noble tribe that had saved his life, forging one of the most unshakeable loyalties in this world. The message had requested them to confirm the Sharks' claims. To see if the world was in as much danger as he suspected.

He took another long drag from his pipe. The tent flap was pushed open. Korik gave a long, slow glance at the warrior standing there. A young boy, hand-picked to Join Korik's guard but a year ago.

"The Octopi have arrived, sir."

Korik nodded, sending the lad back to his duties with a wave of his hand, he stood, weary bones creaking as he rose to his full eight feet of height. He sighed as he took his beloved pipe and lied it upon the table, careful to ensure there were no embers that could reach the priceless volume he had been poring over. He turned around, grasping his ceremonial robe from it's resting place on the wall of the tent. He slipped it over his head, admiring the bright colors, red and Gold in the shape of the sun, decorating his otherwise plain appearance. He slowly stepped around his desk, stepping across the flattened ground before pulling the flap of the tent back.

The harsh sun beat down on him as he ponderously made his way through the camp. He left his war-axe in his tent as a sign of good-faith to the Octopi. He smiled at the thought of catching up with Veisch, before turning his thoughts to the ominous tidings he may be about to receive. His fingers unconsciously slipped to his side, running up and down the spine of the Book. The book in which he recorded all debts and Grudges. The book in which Veisch's name was still written.

Cracked lips parted as he walked to the edge of the beach, looking in towards the water, where in the distance he could see the DragonSpire, looming like a forgotten god. He focused on the water as he saw a familiar head break through the surface. Well, Robe, really. Water dripped off the rim as the young androgynous man stepped out of the depths. All Korik could see was the pursed lips of his friend, the rest of his face covered in the heavy, wet robe. He always forgot how Veisch was bothered by the sun.

"Veisch. Friend of the Elephant Tribe. What news do you bring?"

He tipped his head in the ceremonial gesture of respect, before straightening, ready for the worst.

((OOC- OK EVERYONE. THE RP HAS BEGUNNED. Sorry for the wait. So, for now, Let's just get everyone to post their introductory posts, and then we'll get the ball rolling))

Edited by Recompense, 11 June 2009 - 03:09 AM.

I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#2 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:38 AM

Dying rays of sunlight filtered through the dense forest surrounding a medium-sized village. Not too far outside this village, a figure dropped down from a high tree branch, landing nimbly on sandal-clad feet.

The fading sunlight reflected off of silver-gray hair that framed a round, feminine face. Pale blue eyes closed as she yawned, revealing pointed teeth. Bearing more resemblance to a cat than anything, her ears were of the same shade of her hair, but darker at the tips.

Amira was often outside the village, whenever she could be. Preferring to sleep outside in the forest when it was warm enough. She liked it outside the village as opposed to inside when it was spring or summer. She supposed this made her strange, but when it came down to it, she really didn't care. She knew that her tribe would be moving soon. To do whatever the Tiger tribe commanded. Amira, though, didn't really agree with what they were doing. She was just one among many, however. She alone wasn't capable of much.

When it came down to it, though... She'd much rather just sleep in a warm place, then participate in wars and politics. Letting out a quiet sigh, she started back towards the village with soft, silent steps.

#3 krisk

krisk

S-Class Missing-nin

• S-Class Missing Nin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

I looked out the window.

The sun was shining, the sky was cerulean blue, the grass was growing and singing or something, and I bet those birds were practically having a party with how nice the weather was. Really really really really good times were being had, since our village had such a little role in the outside problems of Avatar beef. Not that I didn't mind, though y'know sometimes it got kind of boring. Anyway again, days were good and stuff but really at this moment? At this point in time? Right now? This second? At this very moment?

I was at the bar.

Yeaaaaaaah. Who's the man? Who is da MAN? Yeah I don't know either since I'm a sexy full-grown (but not really) woman and either way, I'm still the man because right now, sitting on my favorite stool at Old Man Miyagi's store restaurant bar thingy, I was finally about to score a drink.

"So Old Man," I murmured scooting a shiny new coin forward, pretending to admire the old table that's been there forever and a half, "I heard that you guys got new decor! Tres sexy. Must've emptied your savings eh? Well maybe, just maybe I can help you out with your little money problem."

Subtly, totally subtly, I waggled my eyebrows abit up at the old man owner across from me. Old Man Miyagi didn't seem all that amused though (damn) like always (crap) at my maybe forty-fifth (but who's counting) attempt to get a stupid drink. He kinda looked bored, or sleepy. I took this as a good sign because I know he's hiding something, like being an assassin or something. I grinned pressing on, before gently moving my hand back and forth on the table, coin rattling slightly, as if to say, 'I'm here! I'm here! Take me and spend me!'

"I've got mad connections, Mister Miyagi, ones you would just kill to know. And since I don't want you to go out and kill someone because I care, I've decided to help. But for a price," I said as my teeth glinted.

"..." Old Man Miyagi replied, obviously speechless. Oh and his glass made some weird squeaky noises.

"Just a small teeny price. All you've gotta do is give me a shot of --"

And then I was cut off when his Old Fartnificent Miyagi slammed an orange juice infront of me and stalked off. I sat in silence, feigning surprise and being offended, but really it was nothing new. And since that was the case, I begrudgingly took back my coin (he's gonna regret this... again), glared at bottles of booze mocking me from their cases above, and drank the damn juice... again. But I didn't enjoy it!

"Hey! Next time it better be whiskey! You better watch yourself, Old Man!"

That'll do it. My thoughts floated around, as I glanced out the window again.

#4 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Location:Sunny (when there's no hurricane XD) South Florida!
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Yoko @ Jun 11 2009, 02:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When it came down to it, though... She'd much rather just sleep in a warm place, then participate in wars and politics. Letting out a quiet sigh, she started back towards the village with soft, silent steps.

Miyu *grinned* as she watched Amira make her way back to the Eurasian Lynx village. She hung upside down from a tree branch high above the trail that Amira followed, hanging by her long, sleek tail as her cat-like eyes tracked Amira's every step. Then letting a smirk flash across her face, Miyu swung back up into the tree's lush canopy, and dashed across several branches until she was only one tree ahead of Amira. Then taking a headfirst dive from the branches, Miyu did a complete somersault in the air, before landing perfectly on her feet, and facing Amira with her smirk still firmly on her face.

"Hiya Amira-love. Out sleeping in the forests again?" Miyu asked, with the trademark puuurrr in her voice that was indigenous to her tribe.

#5 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 11 2009, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Miyu *grinned* as she watched Amira make her way back to the Eurasian Lynx village. She hung upside down from a tree branch high above the trail that Amira followed, hanging by her long, sleek tail as her cat-like eyes tracked Amira's every step. Then letting a smirk flash across her face, Miyu swung back up into the tree's lush canopy, and dashed across several branches until she was only one tree ahead of Amira. Then taking a headfirst dive from the branches, Miyu did a complete somersault in the air, before landing perfectly on her feet, and facing Amira with her smirk still firmly on her face.

"Hiya Amira-love. Out sleeping in the forests again?" Miyu asked, with the trademark puuurrr in her voice that was indigenous to her tribe.

Amira blinked semi-sleepy eyes at the figure before her. "G'morning, Miyu." More like evening. Or night. Amira always slept during the day when she could. Miyu had always been rather... flashy, so Amira knew at once who it was. They've known each other for quite a long while, though Amira generally wasn't too close with that many people.

With a lazy smile, she spoke quietly. "Best place to sleep, of course..." She tilts her head, pale blue eyes studying the other avatar. "What brings you over here? Surely you have not come just to ask me where I've slept." The girl stopped, and leaned against a very convenient tree. The village elders had been getting on her case for staying outside the village when she could, and she preferred to stay away from them as long as possible. Hell, they'd been on her case for her general dislike of politics and all things that concerned them. Sometimes being an avatar was rather annoying. But it's not like she can do anything about it.

Such was life, afterall.

#6 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts
  • Interests:Reading, writing fanfiction (check out my homepage) *shameless plug* XD, video games, and anime! ^_^

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Yoko @ Jun 11 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With a lazy smile, she spoke quietly. "Best place to sleep, of course..." She tilts her head, pale blue eyes studying the other avatar. "What brings you over here? Surely you have not come just to ask me where I've slept."

"But of course I have a reason for coming over, besides seeing your 'rosy', bright, 'cheerful' expression this early late in the day" Miyu replied, just before she was distracted by a passing butterfly, which she swatted at for a second or two, then chased it up the tree that Amira was leaning against. She then plopped back down onto the ground before Amira, and titling her head curiously to the side asked Amira, "uhh...what was it that you just asked me again? Sorry. Epic shiny pretty butterfly distracted me. You know how we felines are with stuff like that," Miyu said, as she lightly licked the back of her hand, and then massaged the back of her protruding cat-like ears with it.

#7 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

Amira rolled her eyes. Butterflies were nice, but they were everywhere, and as such, didn't distract her all that much. Besides, she would prefer sleeping to chasing butterflies-- or anything else-- around. Sleep was wonderful. "Miyu..." She sighed.

Placing her hands on the other girl's shoulders, she repeats herself. "Now, listen and hopefully answer my question," She began "Why are you here, Miyu?" It sometimes took actions like this to get an answer. Amira's never really known anyone so easily distracted...

#8 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Yoko @ Jun 11 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amira rolled her eyes. Butterflies were nice, but they were everywhere, and as such, didn't distract her all that much. Besides, she would prefer sleeping to chasing butterflies-- or anything else-- around. Sleep was wonderful. "Miyu..." She sighed.

Placing her hands on the other girl's shoulders, she repeats herself. "Now, listen and hopefully answer my question," She began "Why are you here, Miyu?" It sometimes took actions like this to get an answer. Amira's never really known anyone so easily distracted...

"Ah, yes! I remember now!" Miyu replied, her feline features lighting up as she remembered the message that she was to deliver.

"The Tiger Avatar has called a general meeting for all Feline Avatars to attend. From what I heard..." And here Miyu leaned a little closer to Amira's own cat-like ears, and whispered conspiratorially into them. "I heard that there is a rumour going around that the 'almighty' Dragon Tribe has disappeared. Like vanished. Gone. No one has seen or heard from them at all. And I heard all of this from a very reliable source," Miyu said with a definitive nod. "You know Kiki right? That crazy Squirrel/Tazmanian girl? Well, I ran into her at a local bar near the Squirrel territory, and she had the dish on all of the latest news and happenings. I then tried to buy her a drink, but that Mr. Miyagi is one scary fellow. Almost lost my tail, when I tried to sneak a bottle off of the shelf with it. Though I do hope that we run into Kiki again soon. She's a crazy squirrel, but fun to be around," Miyu said, as she curled her tail around her waist, and gently began to scratch it.

#9 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 11 2009, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Ah, yes! I remember now!" Miyu replied, her feline features lighting up as she remembered the message that she was to deliver.

"The Tiger Avatar has called a general meeting for all Feline Avatars to attend. From what I heard..." And here Miyu leaned a little closer to Amira's own cat-like ears, and whispered conspiratorially into them. "I heard that there is a rumour going around that the 'almighty' Dragon Tribe has disappeared. Like vanished. Gone. No one has seen or heard from them at all. And I heard all of this from a very reliable source," Miyu said with a definitive nod. "You know Kiki right? That crazy Squirrel/Tazmanian girl? Well, I ran into her at a local bar near the Squirrel territory, and she had the dish on all of the latest news and happenings. I then tried to buy her a drink, but that Mr. Miyagi is one scary fellow. Almost lost my tail, when I tried to sneak a bottle off of the shelf with it. Though I do hope that we run into Kiki again soon. She's a crazy squirrel, but fun to be around," Miyu said, as she curled her tail around her waist, and gently began to scratch it.

Amira let her hands fall from Miyu's shoulders and stepped back with a groan. An annoyed groan. Most people would be shocked and surprised by this... But Amira? She only had one thing to say.

"Not more politics!" If there was one thing she hated, it was being involved in shit she honestly didn't care for. Like politics and war and pointless meetings. Part of the reason she verymuch disliked the tiger avatar. Or that particular tribe in general. With a sigh of resignation, she looked at the other avatar.

"When's this meeting?"

#10 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (Yoko @ Jun 11 2009, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Amira let her hands fall from Miyu's shoulders and stepped back with a groan. An annoyed groan. Most people would be shocked and surprised by this... But Amira? She only had one thing to say.

"Not more politics!" If there was one thing she hated, it was being involved in kitten she honestly didn't care for. Like politics and war and pointless meetings. Part of the reason she verymuch disliked the tiger avatar. Or that particular tribe in general. With a sigh of resignation, she looked at the other avatar.

"When's this meeting?"

Miyu grinned at Amira.

"Right now! I've been sent to 'fetch' you, so let's get going my feline friend. You know how grumpy the Tiger Avatar becomes when kept waiting too long," Miyu responded, as she curled her arm through Amira's, and began leading the other feline Avatar back into the forest, in the direction of the massive Tiger Tribe village.

#11 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 11 2009, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Miyu grinned at Amira.

"Right now! I've been sent to 'fetch' you, so let's get going my feline friend. You know how grumpy the Tiger Avatar becomes when kept waiting too long," Miyu responded, as she curled her arm through Amira's, and began leading the other feline Avatar back into the forest, in the direction of the massive Tiger Tribe village.

"... It's still illegal to murder the tiger avatar, isn't it?" Amira muttered, trudging along. Gawd, she HATED meetings. Why couldn't she just be born a normal person? With an annoyed look in her eyes, she looked at the dark-skinned avatar that was currently dragging her through the forest.

"... You owe me a drink after this."

#12 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (Yoko @ Jun 11 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"... It's still illegal to murder the tiger avatar, isn't it?" Amira muttered, trudging along. Gawd, she HATED meetings. Why couldn't she just be born a normal person? With an annoyed look in her eyes, she looked at the dark-skinned avatar that was currently dragging her through the forest.

"... You owe me a drink after this."

Miyu grinned, and gave Amira a little wink as she continued to drag her reluctant friend to the meeting.

Finally reaching the Tiger Tribe's village, which was currently full with all the different species of felines that belonged to the Feline Tribe, Miyu continued to lead Amira to the largest building which was located in the center of the village. Once they were inside Miyu looked around, and saw a couple of felines from the Cheetah Tribe that she knew. Calling out to them, and then trying to muscle her way through the crowd of 'cats', tugging Amira along the whole way, Miyu finally made it over to the Cheetah twins, and sat down beside them in one of two chairs that were set up beside the twins.

"Raja. Jerra. This is my friend Amira. She's the current Avatar of the Eurasian Lynx Tribe. Amira, these two are my two friends from the Cheetah Tribe. Now let's all say hi now that we've all been introduced," Miyu said with a small grin, as she waited for all of her friends to acknowledge each other.

#13 YonderBeyonder

YonderBeyonder

THIS ICON HAS BEEN IN THE ARMSTRONG FAMILY FOR GENERATIONS!

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, roleplaying, videogames, books, movies, writing, drawing, making music videos, and quite a few other things, really.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (Recompense @ Jun 11 2009, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Veisch. Friend of the Elephant Tribe. What news do you bring?"

Water streamed off heavy, soaked robes like it itself was made of it, adding a symphony of drips and trickling noises to the heavy air as the young man waded through the water. He advanced so as the liquid receded from dancing about his shoulders, to down his robes to stop at a soft-green sash, wrapped around his hips, almost unseen in the water.

Water continued to drip and stream from the faint blue robes as the harsh sun glimmered off the pool around the young man, reflecting all over him, almost making him look like the water itself.

The large head hidden under the heavy wet robe dipped fluidly in a bow directed at the large man standing on the shore, before straightening once more in a slow graceful movement. Pursed grey lips parted and water cascaded from the young man's mouth and onto his already sodden robes.

"I have unfortunate news," Veisch said in his quiet, misty voice, bubbles forming at the back of his throat to slither down his tongue and pop at his lips, "Korik of The Elephant Tribe."

Light glimmered from the water to flash under Veisch's hood, and the young man flicked his head to the side, his whole body following like he was truly made of water.

"We must speak," he said, raising a sleeve from the water around him to cover his hidden face in cold, wet cloth; hand unseen. "We must speak on the unfortunate events that have unfolded upon the world."

#14 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 11 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Miyu grinned, and gave Amira a little wink as she continued to drag her reluctant friend to the meeting.

Finally reaching the Tiger Tribe's village, which was currently full with all the different species of felines that belonged to the Feline Tribe, Miyu continued to lead Amira to the largest building which was located in the center of the village. Once they were inside Miyu looked around, and saw a couple of felines from the Cheetah Tribe that she knew. Calling out to them, and then trying to muscle her way through the crowd of 'cats', tugging Amira along the whole way, Miyu finally made it over to the Cheetah twins, and sat down beside them in one of two chairs that were set up beside the twins.

"Raja. Jerra. This is my friend Amira. She's the current Avatar of the Eurasian Lynx Tribe. Amira, these two are my two friends from the Cheetah Tribe. Now let's all say hi now that we've all been introduced," Miyu said with a small grin, as she waited for all of her friends to acknowledge each other.

Currently normal-length nails scratched the back of her ears, eyes half-closed and glancing to the side. The very picture of politeness. Really!

"Hi." Amira murmured, before her eyes closed, and she yawned. She hadn't even had a chance to get breakfast yet. It wasn't fair. Eyes opening and narrowing slightly as she looked around. This place was too large, too bright. Amira herself was fond of places with darker lighting and more places to hide. She didn't like it much, here.

She wondered if there was any way she could grab a snack before having to attend this stupid meeting..

#15 Recompense

Recompense

Shameful Member of the YEAR!!

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (YonderBeyonder @ Jun 12 2009, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"We must speak," he said, raising a sleeve from the water around him to cover his hidden face in cold, wet cloth; hand unseen. "We must speak on the unfortunate events that have unfolded upon the world."

Korik raised his hand and snapped loudly, sending his subordinates scattering back to their duties.

"My tent is your tent, old friend. I know of your distaste for the sun, and it would be a place safe from overeager ears." The young attendants who'd been lingering in the hopes of overhearing a juicy piece of gossip had the decency to look ashamed as they hurried back to their work.

Korik kindly led the way into the shade of his tent, making sure to close the tent flap behind his friend, making the insides of the tent the coolest thing in the temporary encampment. For now. He stepped around his desk, carefully closing the ancient tomb and setting it aside as he picked his beloved pipe up and took a long drag from it, staring away from his friend as he composed his thoughts. He was old, he was allowed to do that.

The silence hung heavy. Korik exhaled, blowing a thick stream of smoke out of his mouth. He turned, looking Veisch in the eyes, or as close as he could get with the watery robe in the way.

"Based on your manner and your words outside, the rumors were true, weren't they. The Dragons are gone."

He prayed he was not jumping to conclusions, but if the Dragons were dead, then old enmity's between the East and the West would soon take a hold again. Worst of all, the Felines could take this opportunity to re-establish their ancient policy of conquest.

He brought his thoughts to a halt. One thing at a time.

"Well? Is it true?"
I'm just sitting here. Wondering what it'd be like To be with you.

#16 peanutbutter126

peanutbutter126

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Writing fanfiction, ignoring homework, eating, sleeping, being a pig

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:44 AM

Falling off a bed, Traeven discovered, could jerk you awake like the bats’ mating season.

Groaning, he raised a hand to block out the harsh sunlight stealing into the hut. He could have stayed on the floor all day, simply sprawled on his back with half the blanket sliding off the bed onto his torso. The musky odour his father’s absence had left behind still retained a slight hint of the man’s indescribable scent, and Traeven found it oddly therapeutic.

I should clean this place up sometime, he thought vaguely. It was a strange thought to start the day off with, but his lethargic mind, for once, could not be blamed. Traeven didn’t even have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times the same thought had crossed his mind. Every time he slept over in his father’s hut, he would wake up to see uncountable dust particles floating in the air, and most of the time he didn’t even need the sun’s beam. He could smell it.

But yeah, he’d never gotten around to picking up that feather duster. And if Traeven knew himself, he never would. Even if it just seeing the accumulating dust made him want to sneeze.

Traeven reluctantly heaved himself to his feet, stretching to ease his cramped muscles. A wide yawn revealed pointed canines that were ideal for scaring kids. Sleeping in was great – he loved sleeping in. He was still trying to break his latest record of fifteen hours – without waking up to one heck of a splitting headache and half the village doubled over in laughter, that is. He wasn’t going to accept a free drink from that grocer ever again. That was a big no-no. Heck, he’d bet they were still sniggering about it. At least the point had been established: Traeven plus alcohol only resulted in disaster. Those that had witnessed the humiliating catastrophe would argue that it would be worth another go just for the entertainment – Traeven hadn’t found it funny at all... not too much, anyway.

I’ll get them back one day, he vowed, nodding firmly to no one in particular. I’ll get them back so badly they’ll give me free bananas! Yes, he’d do that. They would be sorry they had messed with the top dog.

Now... where was he? Traeven stared distractedly out into space until it came to him. Oh, yes! Sleeping in – he hadn’t been able to get much of that done lately. The village was restless for some reason. The elders were running around, sending messenger birds off to the Wolves. Traeven stayed well out of their way; he had no doubt they would grab him by the nose and fling him into another of those ridiculous meetings. They knew he hated sitting still and they still insisted on calling him up for those briefings every week. Inconsiderate old turtles.

He had been planning to go down today and ask about this crisis that he didn’t know of. The elders would wallop him alongside the head with their illegally hard canes when they spotted his furry behind. Irresponsible this, too flighty that. Whatever had happened to respect?! It wasn’t his fault they were so boring. But for his village, Traeven figured that he could try to put up with one more – just one more! – torturous meeting. He needed to know what was going on.

As he threw on his fur coat and buckled his belt, Traeven began to ponder on breakfast. He wondered if the old geezers would feed him if he turned up. He came up with a mental image of stinking stew, and grimaced. Getting his hands on some hot food before surrendering himself over to those wrinkly beasts sounded pretty good.

Edited by peanutbutter126, 13 June 2009 - 05:12 AM.

#17 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:24 AM

(OOC - It's not the best pic, but it was the best that I could find to suit my needs :3 )

~~~

QUOTE (Yoko @ Jun 11 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Currently normal-length nails scratched the back of her ears, eyes half-closed and glancing to the side. The very picture of politeness. Really!

"Hi." Amira murmured, before her eyes closed, and she yawned. She hadn't even had a chance to get breakfast yet. It wasn't fair. Eyes opening and narrowing slightly as she looked around. This place was too large, too bright. Amira herself was fond of places with darker lighting and more places to hide. She didn't like it much, here.

She wondered if there was any way she could grab a snack before having to attend this stupid meeting..

"All rise! The great and mighty Tiger Avatar is among you!" The voice of one of the Tiger Avatar's aides rang out, and Miyu turned her attention away from her three friends, to focus on the podium set up in the middle of the large circular room. Then looking over quickly at Amira, Miyu lightly poked the other cat-girl in her side.

"Pssst! Amira! It's the great Tiger Avatar! It's been so long since I've gotten a chance to see him. Do you think he's gotten any more muscular with all those hard abs of his?" Miyu whispered loudly to Amira, as her eyes shone with excitement.

#18 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (Sakura Blossoms @ Jun 13 2009, 04:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(OOC - It's not the best pic, but it was the best that I could find to suit my needs :3 )

~~~

"All rise! The great and mighty Tiger Avatar is among you!" The voice of one of the Tiger Avatar's aides rang out, and Miyu turned her attention away from her three friends, to focus on the podium set up in the middle of the large circular room. Then looking over quickly at Amira, Miyu lightly poked the other cat-girl in her side.

"Pssst! Amira! It's the great Tiger Avatar! It's been so long since I've gotten a chance to see him. Do you think he's gotten any more muscular with all those hard abs of his?" Miyu whispered loudly to Amira, as her eyes shone with excitement.

Absentmindedly smoothing out the pale-green tunic she wore, not even bothering to look up at the oh-so-great Tiger Avatar. She really didn't like him much.

At all.

Sometimes, she hated him.

This meeting was utterly pointless.

#19 Sakura Blossoms

Sakura Blossoms

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kage
  • 8,418 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

"My friends. Fellow Avatars, and tribes members. Welcome. Today I have some stunning and wonderful news. The Dragons, our most hated and despised enemies have vanished. Gone back into the ether that they spawned from. So, now the world is once again OURS for the taking! So, let us now go forth and CONQUER all those who would stand against us! First we will march on those cowardly tribes to the East, who were so quick to side with the Dragons in the Great War. We shall make them PAY! With their blood dripping between our claws, and their life being RIPPED from them by our ALL MIGHTY PROWESS! Now GO my Feline Friends! Take back what is RIGHTFULLY ours! Make the tribes to the East PAY! And let us show them the MIGHT of the Great Powerful Tiger Tribe!" The Tiger Avatar bellowed out as he raised his arms at the end of his speech, and the overfull room full of felines from all the feline tribes, all rose to their feet and returned the mighty cry released by their leader.

Miyu was also quick to jump to her feet and clap and cheer with the rest of the crowd, as well as her two Cheetah friends.

#20 Yoko

Yoko

Summoning Master

• ANBU
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:57 AM

She didn't have much of a reaction. Amira was very laid back, maybe even lazy. And she was damn proud of that fact. Embrace all your faults and strengths, someone once told her. Only, she's not sure which it is. Maybe both.

With another sighed, one with a more annoyed tone, she held her chin in one hand, and decidedly did not get up. "What's the point..?" the avatar murmured, almost to herself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users