• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 04:08 AM

It's that time of year again? Anyone doing National Novel Writing Month? 2,000 words in 30 days. 

I've got an original fic that I always work on, but I'm going to try to get Voice in the Wind knocked out too. Hopefully....

Anyone else working on fics/projects or tackling nanowrimo?

#2 AllTheTimeINeed

AllTheTimeINeed

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 08:31 AM

I'm joining Nanowrimo 2018! I'm hoping to churn out words for my Narusaku fic: Otherness. I missed the first two days because of holiday celebrations, so I have to write 5000 words to catch up to the daily work count. Which... you know...is pretty ambitious for someone who is still trying to find a happy balance between work and writing. 

But I'm currently trying to word sprint at the moment ^_^. I'm currently working on rewriting chapter 2 in the moment. I've also thought about getting a beta reader for my project, but I'm not so sure where to look or who to ask. 

#3 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

This is my second time entering the challenge in seven years. I'm writing an an Auto-fiction by the title of NaruSaku ESP Club.

I will most likely not make it (maybe 35K at the end of the month). At least I put in the effort  :happy:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#4 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:03 PM

Had no idea about this, and wow it sounds interesting.. 

out of curiosity does the writing have to be new? or can it be something we've been writing for a while now?

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#5 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 05 November 2018 - 05:47 AM

Gah, I really wanted to do this but Im already off to a bad start! Ive been so busy but Ill try to start with some fanfics haha! Ive been super busy so well see xD

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#6 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:31 AM

Writing next chapter "Voice in the Wind" and watching Naruto on adult swim.... Geez it makes me want to jump out a window! Just turned it on for some background noise, and it's crazy how bad it is! It's a shippuden episode where he defeats a pirate. I don't even remember it. 

edit: Now Boruto's on. ugh.

#7 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

Writing next chapter "Voice in the Wind" and watching Naruto on adult swim.... Geez it makes me want to jump out a window! Just turned it on for some background noise, and it's crazy how bad it is! It's a shippuden episode where he defeats a pirate. I don't even remember it. 

I imagine it was one of their many filler episodes...they were at the land of iron last I checked so those are the filler arc of Naruto going to turtle island they did. Funny enough these are the group of filler that had the one where Naruto states his feeling for Sakura to that one girl. So there could be a week where Naruto expresses his love of Sakura to another girl that claims to be his fiance to explain why he can't marry her. Then followed up by an episode of Boruto where Naruto is married to Hinata, and their son Bolt goes on and on how miserable and pathetic Naruto is that he is a loser in a job he is not capable of handling his job or family life to the point of being completely overwhelmed, and he is overall a miserable depressed failure of a man in all aspects of life. 

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 10 January 2019 - 03:51 PM.

#8 Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Konoha'sCrimsonFox

Solo Leveler

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • Interests:Anime, manga, manhwa, manhua, video games, novels, web novels, 3D comics, drones and RC driving. Writing web novels.

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:21 PM

Wow . . . you are still writing that fic. I left at the part where Naruto and Sakura had a fallout and went their separate ways.

I'm still amazed that you people could still continue the Boruto anime.

Edited by Konoha'sCrimsonFox, 11 November 2018 - 11:21 PM.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952upk4zqyleuyocv60f0z

"My name is Sung Ji-woo. Some called me the Assassin of Death. A Necromancer Deity... My journey has been nothing but walking over a mountain of corpses. My legion of the dead reigns supreme. None shall block my way or... face the wrath of my blades!" --Solo Leveling.

#9 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:06 PM

Wow . . . you are still writing that fic. I left at the part where Naruto and Sakura had a fallout and went their separate ways.

I'm still amazed that you people could still continue the Boruto anime.

I'm a writer, among other things. So I write.

If you're a doctor, you doctor. If you're a ninja, you ninja. Come back in 10 years, I'll still be writing. I've got two other stories in two other genres going at the same time. And I think that's the norm for most writers I've encountered. From the beginning/fanfic ones to the serious/career ones. Not all stories get finished, but you keep on writing them.

Thankfully, writing is not my profession. So I can write as long or as schmaltzy or as violent or as terrible as I want and not worry about trying to make money off it. Just a good enough story that people, including myself, will want to read. And I love that people still read it and are still really into Naruto. I'm committed to finishing, but having readers out there asking me to is a BIG push as well. (Before anything else, I'm a reader, so I know how much it sucks to have an unfinished story.) 

Another crazy thing...although it's certainly not as big as it once was, the Naruto fandom is still going strong. And not just for the ships that didn't get fulfilled. I wonder if it's because Boruto is still going on? It means Naruto is still a relevant/ongoing character, just not the way he used to be in the manga. Same for the other characters.

Confession: So I watched Boruto, and....it wasn't bad. The characters were likable, and it was pretty well animated. The episode I watched was way better than some of the Naruto filler ones. Surprising.

Lastly, eventually Voice in the Wind will become its own original fic. So I see this as one big rough draft that's just open to the public. So yeah, still writing.

#10 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:16 AM

Well, November is wrapping up...and I totally dodged my nanowrimo novel (it's a steampunk/clockpunk YA). But! I've gotten pretty far into the next chapter of Voice in the Wind! Particularly backstory about Sakura and the village. It's very gratifying to write about her, since in the manga her character development is basically nonexistent. 

One of my favorite things about nanowrimo is that it really get me back into a good writing practice. Anyone else make headway on writing projects?

#11 elmagio

elmagio

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:25 PM

Always great to hear that Voice is the Wind is still in the works ! But I have one question:

Lastly, eventually Voice in the Wind will become its own original fic. So I see this as one big rough draft that's just open to the public. So yeah, still writing.

Do you mean that you plan to eventually make a version of Voice in the Wind that is not set in the Narutoverse or featuring Naruto characters? I'd wager that would mean something much different than just the same story with a few name changes, right?

#12 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 05:22 PM

Always great to hear that Voice is the Wind is still in the works ! But I have one question:

Do you mean that you plan to eventually make a version of Voice in the Wind that is not set in the Narutoverse or featuring Naruto characters? I'd wager that would mean something much different than just the same story with a few name changes, right?

Thanks! Yes, I'm working on an original fic version of VoitW that's based in a celtic/middle-earth type universe. While it won't be tremendously different — my fic is already pretty different from the way Naruto turned out! :D — it definitely will not be set in a feudal Japanese universe.

The setting will be more highland castles than walled villages. The names will change, the systems of magic and mythology will change, the weaponry will change. But much of it will still be the same: the developed characters, the tensions, the relationships, the journeys of the parallel heroes (Naruto and Sakura) and how far they have to go to get back to each other, as well as the Naruto character's journey away from that castle life/system into the greater world. 

I've written so much more about Sakura's story (made it parallel to Naruto's), and so much more about the hidden spirit realm that feeds Konoha's human/shinobi realm, that VitW really morphed into its own unique story. And I'm still finishing my Naruto fics, but I realized a while back that this fic is so different from the original Naruto, it really does deserve to be its own story.

So that's the future direction! I'll make some kind of formal announcement at some point. Plus an excerpt. But yeah...that's it in a nutshell for now.  

#13 Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Bryon_Konoha_Ninja

Magnificient Bastard (aka Cliffhanger Bastard!)

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 09:34 PM

I still am working on the ideas and aspects of my Naruto AU, The Demon Within, but the thing is, I have been slow as can be writing it. I guess I have just been feeling old. XD

#14 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:56 PM

I still am working on the ideas and aspects of my Naruto AU, The Demon Within, but the thing is, I have been slow as can be writing it. I guess I have just been feeling old. XD

Good! I'm glad you are! Yes...writing is so slow. It can really be daunting. Every step is a fight, and when you come to a finished scene/section/chapter, I don't know about you, but my victory feels short-lived. I get a bump of "yay" before it hits me how much more I still have to go! lol

But hang in there - I'm still at it too!

#15 Dalton.T.R

Dalton.T.R

Jounin

• Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 12:10 AM

I've actually been reading some of your writing when there's not a lot going on at work, Tricksie. I just finished your "One Step" story yesterday and was kind of sad when I saw it was last updated back in 2014. However, I've also been reading "A Voice in the Wind" as well and am really enjoying it. It's taking me back to the days when we thought NS was actually going to happen and things just seemed so much simpler. 

#16 tricksie

tricksie

Legendary Ninja

• ANBU
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 06:21 PM

I've actually been reading some of your writing when there's not a lot going on at work, Tricksie. I just finished your "One Step" story yesterday and was kind of sad when I saw it was last updated back in 2014. However, I've also been reading "A Voice in the Wind" as well and am really enjoying it. It's taking me back to the days when we thought NS was actually going to happen and things just seemed so much simpler. 

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it! I'm currently working on Voice in the Wind. 

Yeah, my other stories need attention. Actually, I was really surprised how long it had been since I updated! Doesn't feel like it's been that long. But yeah...I hate it when a story I'm reading gets abandoned. With no warning! So I definitely need to finish those shorter fics up. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: writing, fanfic, never ends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users