Close
Photo

Why do people think NaruSasu (Naruto and Sasuke) are a cute couple?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#21 Freakazoid

Freakazoid

Special Jounin

• Special Jounin
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:34 PM

NaruSasu makes yaoi look bad.

Not that I'm a fan of yaoi. biggrin.gif

#22 Shadowmoon~

Shadowmoon~

Procrastination Princess ♥

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:All things FUN! 8D

Posted 28 October 2009 - 11:47 AM

Hm, yaoi, huh? Such a delicate topic. Anyway, for what I know, they're one of the most famous 'couples' in the Naruto fandom. I don't mind it, but I don't indulge/talk/think about it either.

Though, I'm a huge fan of FemNaru x Sasu! It's weird, but very cute. I don't consider this as yaoi either. heheelq7.png

#23 nekovi

nekovi

Academy Student

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Merger Knight @ Oct 25 2009, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but wouldnt that make Sakura gay then or yuri

OMG... Never thought of that... err.gif

lol
So baby keep my heart, beat b-beat beat beating. She’s the soul reason I keep believing that we're gonna die like this.

#24 kana

kana

Fresh Meat

• Fresh Meat
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 12:44 AM

I think it's right because they are so lovely

#25 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:27 AM

They think it's cute I guess. I'm one of the people that does too, actually. I can't really explain it, since otherwise I'm not too much of a Yaoi fan.

Fanon > Canon though. It's not canon, and that's obvious. rolleyes.gif
meh.

#26 Kyrie

Kyrie

NaruSaku <3

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:~reading and writing stories, watching television. listening to music, playing PC games, game boy and other game consoles and day dreaming!~<br /><br />Anime Addict!<br /><br />NejiTen, NaruSaku, ShikaIno, SasuTen, SasuHina shipper^^ <br /><br />Kakashi-sensei is mine! Nyahahahaha =P

Posted 20 November 2009 - 04:01 AM

^They are very interesting as a pair, their interactions, backgrounds, characters... (and the way that Kishimoto-sensei made their relationship develop was enough to convince me, lol.X3)
But yes, while I'm supposed to detest all kinds yaoi and yuri,
I still like NaruSasu. <3

I know there are many more reasons but I just can't fully explain why I like them. XD

utter cuteness! --Click here to view--

I love God. <3

#27 Cupcake-chan

Cupcake-chan

<3

• Elite Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

^I'm not fond of anything that isn't NaruxSaku period. Besides, Sasuke doesn't deserve Naruto's love anyways.

AND w00t.gif for my 400th post!!

Edited by Cupcake-chan, 20 November 2009 - 08:25 PM.

#28 Jorden-Kun

Jorden-Kun

TheGrammarNazi

• Academy Student
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Interests:Anime<br />Manga<br />Drawing<br />Music (no rap or country)<br />And crazy shenanigans on teh computer =D

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:24 PM

Yaoi

Well, it is my belief that it is only girls (not all of them!) and gay guys who like NaruSasu. Girls like this pairing because they usually get, erm... 'horny' when they see two people of the opposite sex being intimate, due to hormones.
But me, as a straight male, hates that pairing and any other yaoi pairing because I find it disgusting.

Still, there is another side to this.

Yuri

Most guys like yuri. For the same reason that most girls like yaoi. Hormones.
So I can't exactly bash the yaoi crazed fangirls for liking NaruSasu, because that would make me a hypocrite. confused.gif

But still. The only other pairing in the Naruverse that I like that has Naruto in it (other than NaruSaku of course!), is NarukoxSakura. But that isn't even realistic.

#29 Dark

Dark

Chuunin

• Chuunin
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:I like writing, reading, working out, and being online. :3

Posted 22 November 2009 - 11:40 PM

They're two hot boys in a special relationship. Makes sense to me.

#30 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Derock @ Oct 25 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can I say that the yaoi fanservice needs to shut their trap and understand that this is a regular shonen manga? whistling.gif

It's never been a "regular" shonen manga, the accidental kiss with Naruto and Sasuke in chapter 3, Haku and Zabuza, Orochimaru and Kabuto (and that's just in part 1).

That being said I don't think NarutoxSasuke are a cute couple, Sasuke has tried to kill Naruto more than once, Naruto is more than a little homophobic (freaking out when Kakashi teased him with a: "Naruto, I think I love you!", creeped out by Yamato's comment about naked male bonding at the hot springs, Sai's kitten comments, and Konohamaru's yaoi no jutsu- heh, have to note, looks like Konohamaru swings both ways wink.gif

I think SasukexSai are a cuter couple because Sai's gay and Sasuke's at least bi- He certainly never seemed even a little uncomfortable with Orochimaru's sexual actions, and Suigetsu being naked right behind him didn't bother him either. His feelings about Naruto seems to be love/hate. Kishimoto seems to be hinting Sasuke does have romantic feelings for Naruto, where with Naruto it's a brotherly bond to Sasuke.

Up till Taka's fight with Bee I was thinking Kishimoto was going even going with Sasuke being gay period, and having Naruto have to deal with that- like het guys have to grow up and deal with in real life, a male friend of yours might just be gay, and might just have romantic feelings about you. (Like how as a young man John Lennon had to come to terms with the Beatles manager Brian Epstein not only being gay, but being in love with him. John was, like most heterosexual young men in the early 1960's, very homophobic. The culture itself enforced that homophobia far more than it does nowadays, although it still does even now. It's a really interesting story of how John came to terms with Brian's feelings and became aware of his homophobia and how it was wrong to be homophobic. In the early 1970's he even wrote an essay for a gay rights campaign titled "It Shouldn't be Sad to be Gay")

Edited by ciardha, 23 November 2009 - 05:48 AM.

Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#31 Mugen no Neko

Mugen no Neko

♥ ~ Dreaming

• Chakra Tree Climber
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:31 AM

^ All of your responses are so good and educated! I agree with what you say ^-^
meh.

#32 True

True

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Interests:Wouldn't you like to know?

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:00 AM

QUOTE (Cupcake-chan @ Nov 20 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sasuke doesn't deserve Naruto's love anyways.

You mean, Naruto doesn't deserve Sasuke's love. Naruto loves Sasuke, Sasuke loves only himself.

#33 Manda

Manda

Miss LoveDoctor ❤

• Rookie
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Interests:Music, Drawing, Writing, Graphics, Anime &amp; Manga, Photoshop, H&amp;E, NF, Food, Ice Cream and my friends. &lt;333

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

Quite honestly, people have different reasons for liking and shipping NaruSasu (or SasuNaru). Thinking they're just "cute" together is a different story though. But that's not to say that all the fans are also rabid yaoi fans who just like to pair up the two main male characters for the sake of getting them in bed together. There are some NaruSasu fans who are like that, but there are also some who are not. If you actually read the manga very closely, you'll notice that Naruto and Sasuke actually share a very deep and complex relationship that takes up the entire storyline all together, so even shippers of this pairing have their logical reasons for liking it too. In fact I've meet a lot of NaruSasu fans who don't even like yaoi very much, but they like and ship NaruSasu because of their bond. Them being "cute together" is just another factor they like about it obviously, but unless if you're into NaruSasu for purely the looks, the uke/seme thing, the sex and the "cuteness" alone, then I can't say the same thing.

If you ask me though, I appreciate their relationship and their bond in the manga, but I absolutely detest them as a romantic pairing. Not just because of my dislike for Sasuke's character, but also because I'm having a very hard time picturing Sasuke in a romantic relationship with ANYONE, let alone Naruto (or even Sakura, but that's not my point here. >>;;). I also find the relationship really overhyped and overrated in the fandom, not to mention the OOCness of the majority of the fanfics doesn't help my tolerance and perception of the pairing. I mean I know even among the really rabid fans, there are a lot of sane fans too, but because the really bad and OOC romantic!NaruSasu is EVERYWHERE I go on the internet, it just honestly makes me hate them as a pairing more and more. Seriously, I just prefer Naruto and Sasuke as friends. :\

Manda. → Dana
deviantartfanfictionlivejournalmyanimelistdomain

#34 Merger Knight

Merger Knight

Chakra Water Walker

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (Cupcake-chan @ Nov 20 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
w00t.gif for my 400th post!!

Congrats

#35 kawarimi

kawarimi

Monster ga kuru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

There are many reasons for people to like SasuNaru, but I personally don't care for it even in fanon. While they're bond is extremely intense, I personally don't see it translating into romance. But lots of people do. I think InoSaku makes the better best friend/rival relationship turned romance out of the two though.

#36 ciardha

ciardha

Legendary Ninja

• Legendary Ninja
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Narusaku, cosplay, writing fanfiction, dollfies, Japanese history. literature and culture, linguistics, ancient Celtic history, literature, and culture, Wicca, women's history, Buffy and Spike, Rogue and Gambit, Miaka and Taka, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, sewing, reading, many shoujo and josei manga series, Star Trek, Star Wars, liberal and feminist activism

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (kawarimi @ Dec 8 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are many reasons for people to like SasuNaru, but I personally don't care for it even in fanon. While they're bond is extremely intense, I personally don't see it translating into romance. But lots of people do. I think InoSaku makes the better best friend/rival relationship turned romance out of the two though.

Not in character though, neither have any inclinations to lesbianism. It's like people thinking Shizune and Tsunade are involved. Tsunade, nope, strictly hetro, just like Sakura and Ino. Shizune, don't know, she hasn't expressed an interest in guys in the manga, but nor has she expressed a sexual interest in women. Some very vague implications that Anko possibly is bisexual but nothing concrete. The only pretty assuredly lesbian character was Kin, she got off way too much on Sakura's hair...
Dream you dream alone is only a dream, but dream we dream together is reality- Yoko Ono 1971

When you go to war, both sides lose totally- Yoko Ono

Remember, our hearts are one. Even when we are at war with each other, our hearts are always beating in unison- Yoko Ono 2009

#37 kawarimi

kawarimi

Monster ga kuru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE (ciardha @ Dec 8 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not in character though, neither have any inclinations to lesbianism. It's like people thinking Shizune and Tsunade are involved. Tsunade, nope, strictly hetro, just like Sakura and Ino. Shizune, don't know, she hasn't expressed an interest in guys in the manga, but nor has she expressed a sexual interest in women. Some very vague implications that Anko possibly is bisexual but nothing concrete. The only pretty assuredly lesbian character was Kin, she got off way too much on Sakura's hair...

When I say translate, I mean translate into romance in fanon. Even in fanon I don't care for SasuNaru, but can more easily see the progression into romance for InoSaku if the characters swung that way. ^^

#38 Hak

Hak

Turmion kätilö

• Chakra Water Walker
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

While I was reading through this thread I started to think, what is it with this whole yaoi culture in manga. In ff.net while searching with just Naruto as a character, most of the fics are NaruSasu. Is yaoi manga- and fanfiction culture in Western World/JPN (two different cultures, so keep e'm separeted) just something where the people who are scared to come out of closet fantasizing or is it a sub division of gay culture?
Trust me, I'm an engineer!

#39 kawarimi

kawarimi

Monster ga kuru

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Hak @ Dec 8 2009, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While I was reading through this thread I started to think, what is it with this whole yaoi culture in manga. In ff.net while searching with just Naruto as a character, most of the fics are NaruSasu. Is yaoi manga- and fanfiction culture in Western World/JPN (two different cultures, so keep e'm separeted) just something where the people who are scared to come out of closet fantasizing or is it a sub division of gay culture?

It's just what people enjoy whether it is or isn't a reflection of their own sexuality. It tends to be more popular in Japan than hetero pairings. I'm not going to try to guess the cultural explanations behind it since I'm not a fan of yaoi myself so I don't really know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users