201 replies to this topic

#21 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:21 PM

This is quite similar to that one filler episode where Naruto is watching this rich boy...

I personally don't like Konohamaru's design, and Sarada's design and characterization is just - I mean, why do they have to sexualize her?

And it's going the foreshadowed 'evil-with-tech' route. I have to say that I like the "a bit more modern" setting here, it seems to be toned down a bit compared to 700 or the movie?

Ruffy-Mitsuki is my favorite till now, but I still can't forget, that he is a sick experiment of Orochimaru and nobody says or does something!

Every image of her looks sexualized and then she ask if their boss would be her type. Ew.

I think they just went modern or when modern when they were kids since they have card, and video games.

Ok I just skipped to the end of the chapter, and WTF have they done with Sarada? She seems to behave more like Anko and Karin that Sakura or Sasuke....I hate to describe a person like this but she acted like a slut, she's 12 or 13 and she's behaving like some fem-fatal....it was most disturbing to see.

She does act like Sakura after the mission when she is chewing out Bolt, but I didn't need to see the overly sexualized twelve year old.

Okay, I just finished reading it, and I found it so weird.

Especially Sarada, she seems like a completely different person. That was so weird.

I was getting a little bored, but I guess we'll see where this goes.

What is her personality at this point? A girl with daddy issue? A nerdy girl? A no nonsense girl? A girl that dreams of becoming hokage. Or sexy librarian?

Geez, Sarada. What have they done to you?

I'm expecting that there will be some time skip, but where will that leave her? She's already dressing and acting like she's 22. Yes - channeling Anko or some other self-assured nin rather than a dorky kid who's coping with insane powers from mom and dad. Doesn't leave much room for character growth.

Her fight scene, while pretty strong, was undercut by all the leggy poses. She's super pretty all the time, with almost pin-up type body shapes. It's as if they don't want to make the same mistakes with Sakura — they want to make readers like her completely — so they're just making her undeniably cute/sexy/pretty. ....As if that's what was wrong with Sakura's storyline!!

Also, there was a big drop in the illustration in the scenes in Naruto's office. Obviously this was handed over completely to someone else in the office. Poor proportions and body shapes. Poor wide scenes. Same faces with different features. Under-inspired and poorly drawn all the way around.

Yeah, the cards scene was good - would have been better if they'd driven the point home, like Toy Ninja mentioned a few posts back /\. These kids should be kids — collecting cards, being dorky, etc. It would set them apart by having to be kids and handle extreme circumstance/family origins/powers at the same time. 

But yeah — I can't tell if they're making a point about the three being kids in the village...or if the franchise is setting up a card game to sell in conjunction with the series, and this was a little in-manga commercial. 

Oh so they already at point have assistance having to work on entire section of the manga already.

There should already be a card game for Naruto if I recall... *looks up* yep.

Salad's character arc at the moment seems to be her falling in love with Bolt, everything else is secondary or will be ignore completely. Last arc she looked down on Bolt completely, but by the end she started to gain feelings for him noticing how blue his eyes are. This time she complaining about the stupid card game so I won't be surprise at the end of this arc if she starts collecting them herself.

They are clearly trying to make people like her as quickly as possible so she doesn't end up like her mother. Since "their fans" always complain about Sakura looking ugly and having a flat chest? They decided to make sure Salad is as sexy as possible from the start. So guys think about having sex with her. Their fans complained that Sakura was useless during fight and the missions in general? They allow her to defeat some goons before being shown up by bolt (both against the panda and the bank robbers), also she they one that always on mission while bolt always does his own thing. People didn't see the romance growing between Sakura and Naruto and the feelings that Sakura was developing for Naruto? Make Salad look down on Bolt for something at the start of every arc and then have it at the end she has changed her feeling completely because of one line or action by him in the most blatant way possible.

My cousin just got done with the chapter, and she told me that she thinks this new arc could be a mirroring of the land of waves arc. Where in the beginning things didn't pick up till the following chapter.. that was until i reminded her things were about to get crazy in chapter 9 when some of the rogue ninja tried to eliminate Kakashi. 

I mean who knows what could happen. Though.. I do wonder what Kakashi's up whenever we get the chance to see him given how Ibiki had some screentime in the chapter. 

As far as Mirai goes, I'm kinda interested given how I thought her father was a great character (Damn that death scene was tragic).

Oh so that's the girls name. She seems to play the secretary for Shikamaru by the looks of it.

Sounds filler to me.

I say this takes six to seven months to get through this arc. Introduction of characters this month. Add to conflict between rich boy and bolt while also introducing the villain. Then villain then thinks up and enact his plan. Conflict with the villain which could take one to two months maybe three. Then conclusion where rich boy and Naruto become friends and bond over card game, with also the possibility of introducing something that will be part of the next arc.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 March 2017 - 05:27 PM.

#22 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:30 PM

I saw a panel and I have to say "Suddenly I'm getting Basic Instinct flashbacks". :smile:

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#23 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:31 PM

I saw a panel and I have to say "Suddenly I'm getting Basic Instinct flashbacks". :smile:

This? Actually that outfit is longer then Salad's.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 March 2017 - 05:32 PM.

#24 Nostradamus

Nostradamus

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

This? Actually that outfit is longer then Salad's.

It's blocked in my country, but I saw the thumbnail and I would have to say yes.

CZSn9hA.jpg

Which I've told you - time and time again - is dangerous! There will never be consensus, son, among those you have helped to ascend. They will all differ in their views of what it means to be free. The peace you so desperately seek does not exist.

These men are united now by a common cause. But when this battle is finished they will fall to fighting amongst themselves about how best to ensure control. In time it will lead to war. You will see.

#25 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

Bet my account that these two will be friends and Boruto will get the card he wanted from him. FRIENDSHIP!!!

#26 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

Bet my account that these two will be friends and Boruto will get the card he wanted from him. FRIENDSHIP!!!

Is it spring yet? Also what card does he want? Wait that obvious a Sasuke card.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 March 2017 - 05:42 PM.

#27 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

Is it spring yet? Also what card does he want? Wait that obvious a Sasuke card.

Yes it is.

Sasuke, betting ten dollars on it.

Narutoverse is now in trading card. I can't wait for anime to have someone there play to the theme song.

Edited by TouKen4Life3g, 31 March 2017 - 05:45 PM.

#28 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:48 PM

Every image of her looks sexualized and then she ask if their boss would be her type. Ew.

I think they just went modern or when modern when they were kids since they have card, and video games.

She does act like Sakura after the mission when she is chewing out Bolt, but I didn't need to see the overly sexualized twelve year old.

What is her personality at this point? A girl with daddy issue? A nerdy girl? A no nonsense girl? A girl that dreams of becoming hokage. Or sexy librarian?

Oh so they already at point have assistance having to work on entire section of the manga already.

There should already be a card game for Naruto if I recall... *looks up* yep.

Salad's character arc at the moment seems to be her falling in love with Bolt, everything else is secondary or will be ignore completely. Last arc she looked down on Bolt completely, but by the end she started to gain feelings for him noticing how blue his eyes are. This time she complaining about the stupid card game so I won't be surprise at the end of this arc if she starts collecting them herself.

They are clearly trying to make people like her as quickly as possible so she doesn't end up like her mother. Since "their fans" always complain about Sakura looking ugly and having a flat chest? They decided to make sure Salad is as sexy as possible from the start. So guys think about having sex with her. Their fans complained that Sakura was useless during fight and the missions in general? They allow her to defeat some goons before being shown up by bolt (both against the panda and the bank robbers), also she they one that always on mission while bolt always does his own thing. People didn't see the romance growing between Sakura and Naruto and the feelings that Sakura was developing for Naruto? Make Salad look down on Bolt for something at the start of every arc and then have it at the end she has changed her feeling completely because of one line or action by him in the most blatant way possible.

Oh so that's the girls name. She seems to play the secretary for Shikamaru by the looks of it.

I say this takes six to seven months to get through this arc. Introduction of characters this month. Add to conflict between rich boy and bolt while also introducing the villain. Then villain then thinks up and enact his plan. Conflict with the villain which could take one to two months maybe three. Then conclusion where rich boy and Naruto become friends and bond over card game, with also the possibility of introducing something that will be part of the next arc.

You make a really good point. It makes me sad because she's supposed to be one of the established characters from the new generation (Naruto Gaiden is practically dedicated to her), so I don't understand how they keep changing her personality. In the epilogue, she seemed shy, reserved, and sweet. However, in Gaiden, she acted similarly, but more like Sakura by the end of it. And now, they're changing her again. It makes me feel like they have no clue what they're doing with her, and this makes me really scared for her as a female in this story (specifically Sakura, who had so much potential, but barely did anything with as the heroine). Luckily, she was able to hold her own during the fight. But I don't know, hopefully my fears don't come true. 

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#29 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

You make a really good point. It makes me sad because she's supposed to be one of the established characters from the new generation (Naruto Gaiden is practically dedicated to her), so I don't understand how they keep changing her personality. In the epilogue, she seemed shy, reserved, and sweet. However, in Gaiden, she acted similarly, but more like Sakura by the end of it. And now, they're changing her again. It makes me feel like they have no clue what they're doing with her, and this makes me really scared for her as a female in this story (specifically Sakura, who had so much potential, but barely did anything with as the heroine). Luckily, she was able to hold her own during the fight. But I don't know, hopefully my fears don't come true. 

That's my thought exactly. I am still aware of her odd changes that really don't match up to Kishi's hard work writing (seriously, he had to research on women for Sarada). It seems like the potential is fading away quickly.

#30 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

In Chapter 700 she was a nerdy girl that acted a lot like Karin or Sasuke.

In the gaiden she was a girl with daddy issues and acted a lot like Sakura.

In the Movie she was no nonsense girl that dreamed of becoming hokage that acted a lot like Sakura.

Each on of those were made by kishi. If you look at her like this you could say their was development of her character going from a shy girl with self esteem issues because she has never met her Father to a confident no nonsense girl that dreams of becoming hokage who doesn't like slackers.

Now with someone else writing her; on mission she is a sexy librarian a la Basic Instincts, with Bolt she berating him because that's what Tsudere's do, and when they are out shopping she is a girl that doesn't understand boys.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 March 2017 - 06:08 PM.

#31 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

I didn't mind Sarada back in Gaiden. It's just the story didn't let her do any much further since it's twist after twist after twist. Now, she's different like Black Goku and Goku contrast.

#32 Wubbzy

Wubbzy

Genin

• Genin
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:Music, reading, writing, and dancing

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

In Chapter 700 she was a nerdy girl that acted a lot like Karin or Sasuke.

In the gaiden she was a girl with daddy issues and acted a lot like Sakura.

In the Movie she was no nonsense girl that dreamed of becoming hokage that acted a lot like Sakura.

Each on of those were made by kishi. If you look at her like this you could say their was development of her character going from a shy girl with self esteem issues because she has never met her Father to a confident no nonsense girl that dreams of becoming hokage who doesn't like slackers.

Now with someone else writing her; on mission she is a sexy librarian a la Basic Instincts, with Bolt she berating him because that's what Tsudere's do, and when they are out shopping she is a girl that doesn't understand boys.

Yeah, you could see it as development. Personally, I just felt it was Kishi playing with us again. Like make Sarada act like Karin so we can suspect that she might be the real mother, etc. I don't know, to me, that's what he was doing. He likes giving those "red herrings." 

But if it's as you said, I personally wouldn't have minded. But yeah, with someone new coming in and writing her, it just seems completely off from who she was in Gaiden or the epilogue. She's unrecognizable to me. 

That's my thought exactly. I am still aware of her odd changes that really don't match up to Kishi's hard work writing (seriously, he had to research on women for Sarada). It seems like the potential is fading away quickly.

Too bad he couldn't do research on women earlier, for the Naruto series. But yeah, this chapter just gave me the impression that the new writer has no idea what he's doing with Sarada, and makes me feel like she will suffer the same fate as Sakura. 

NaruSaku <3

~

Fanfiction: https://www.fanfiction.net/~wubbzy

~

#33 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, you could see it as development. Personally, I just felt it was Kishi playing with us again. Like make Sarada act like Karin so we can suspect that she might be the real mother, etc. I don't know, to me, that's what he was doing. He likes giving those "red herrings." 

But if it's as you said, I personally wouldn't have minded. But yeah, with someone new coming in and writing her, it just seems completely off from who she was in Gaiden or the epilogue. She's unrecognizable to me. 

Too bad he couldn't do research on women earlier, for the Naruto series. But yeah, this chapter just gave me the impression that the new writer has no idea what he's doing with Sarada, and makes me feel like she will suffer the same fate as Sakura. 

The acting and looking like Karin was a side effect of the fact that she was suppose to be Karin's daughter when she was first designed before he went for the nH/SS ending. That's why in the other two stories she acts and dress like Sakura. Her personalty should be she is normally strict and no nonsense until Bolt unbalances her where she then starts acting cute, but with that outfit they were clearly always going for sexy.

The problem with Sakura was that people thought she was a useless kitten from her introduction and they never were willing to give her a chance to improve in their eyes. Salad's problem is she dresses like a slut and it going to make parents unconformable with letting their kids buy the manga with her in it, as well as anyone else buying the volumes.

Edited by Bail o' Lies, 31 March 2017 - 06:43 PM.

#34 Moon_Girl

Moon_Girl

Academy Teacher

• Academy Teacher
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:OTPs:
    NaruSaku - Naruto x Sakura (Naruto Series)
    Het Chrobin - Chrom x Robin♀ (Fire Emblem Awakening)
    Clerith - Cloud x Aerith (Final Fantasy VII Series)
    Demelith - Demetri x Byleth♀ (Fire Emblem Three Houses/Hopes)
    Phantom/Erik x Christine (Phantom of the Opera)
    Jintan x Menma (AnoHana)
    ZeLink - Link x Zelda (Legend of Zelda Series)

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:08 PM

I'm just surprised Salad hasn't broken an ankle with those nasty sandals.  :mellow:

NaruSaku will always be better than crack and fan fiction

#35 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:53 PM

I just skimmed through the chapter because I refuse to fully ever read or watch anything post 698 of naruto (though I might watch the last and Boruto one time) but here is what I have to say, you can just sum this chapter into 8 words “Its just filler and over-sexualising underage girls” or “Naruto episode 148 and 174 all over again”.

Also what the Heck is up with Sadara wearing High heels she is supposed to be a fricking ninja!

#36 Bail o' Lies

Bail o' Lies

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,542 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:02 AM

I just skimmed through the chapter because I refuse to fully ever read or watch anything post 698 of naruto (though I might watch the last and Boruto one time) but here is what I have to say, you can just sum this chapter into 8 words “Its just filler and over-sexualising underage girls” or “Naruto episode 148 and 174 all over again”.

Also what the Heck is up with Sadara wearing High heels she is supposed to be a fricking ninja!

Sakura also wore heels but I don't think they were that high, also she was 15-16 not 11-12.

#37 BlueStarSaber

BlueStarSaber

Elite Jounin

• Elite Jounin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Interests:Art, Anime/Manga, Comics, Movies, Fansty Books

Ships: Narusaku, Peter&MJ, Percabeth & Hicctrid

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

Sakura also wore heels but I don't think they were that high, also she was 15-16 not 11-12.

Just went to check and blimey I can't believe I never notices that I always thought she wore normal ninja shoes (must still have her 4th great ninja war design stuck in my mind), anyway regardless I still think it ridiculous to have female characters in high heels when they are in combat outfits or running because of how silly it is like in other manga or when the woman ran from or a t-rex in Jurassic world

Edited by BlueStarSaber, 01 April 2017 - 12:17 AM.

#38 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:41 AM

I find it kinda funny and sad that people are doing this, but some of the friends in my cousins circle actually dropped Boruto for the most stupidest reason ever.. No interaction from NH and SS is what she told me "we finally get the pairings we've been asking, and the writer doesn't respect what Kishi did for the pairings."   After that my cousin was like "I can't believe you guys are just that shallow, sure I'm a NH/SS fan too, but i'm not whining about it let alone accept the way they were executed in the original series. So for me the less I see of them the better because in context to the story nothing really happened. I'm reading this series because I wanna see where these characters go, I'm not viewing them as the kids of NH/SS. I'm just seeing them as the story of the new generation, and the important thing it's a Shounen romance isn't gonna be play a big part unless the writer is just that despreate like how Kishi was post Pain Invasion." 

Which for the most part I can actually kinda agree with her, except for the fact that I'm still a Narusaku fan at heart! and this was while we went out for some ice cream (mint chocolate chip if anyone is curious just the absolute best!!) As far as her friends go, she's just annoyed at their reasoning for dropping the manga, but it was just a small debate... it didn't evolve into you're not a true NH fan since Ria quickly changed the topic to My Hero Academia and things went pretty smoothly. Oddly enough Ria and her friends also ship Izuku x Ochako (yeah Phantom that was directed towards you lol :lmao:  :lmao:

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

#39 TouKen4Life3g

TouKen4Life3g

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,306 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:54 AM

Her heels are too much.

#40 LuckyChi7

LuckyChi7

Heaven and Earth Deity

• Kyuubi
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,418 posts
  • Interests:Writing

HarLie (Haru x Elie)

NaLu (Natsu x Lucy)

Shicca (Shiki x Rebecca)

CloTi (Cloud x Tifa)

JioRub (Jio x Ruby)

TouKen (Ken Kaneki x Touka Kirishima)

LuNa (Luffy x Nami)

IzuOcha (Deku x Ochako)

Kirisuna (Kirito x Asuna)

Kataang (Aang x Katara)

EreHisu (Eren x Historia)

Astelle (Asta x Noelle)

NaruSaku (Naruto x Sakura)

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:05 AM

Her heels are too much.

btw I loved how you covered Sarada with censored text was priceless!!

8ba875d573fdb80ef2985b4ae933e5df755cd797

WE'RE IN THIS TOGETHER YOU & ME!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users